News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018- Page 12

Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018

Eliza2 Profile Photo
Eliza2
#275Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 7/28/17 at 9:46pm

https://twitter.com/DeraneyPR/status/891049663868002304

"Hey @LauraBenanti fans! Some great news regarding Laura happening next week! We will keep you posted! "

I don't keep up with her enough to know if there's something else she has going on, but could this be a casting announcement? I see she's also co-hosting The Talk on Monday. ???

CindersGolightly Profile Photo
CindersGolightly
#276Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 7/28/17 at 9:55pm

"In addition to that, more great news this Monday!" 

Looks like Laura might be announcing it while co-hosting!

They/them. "Get up the nerve to be all you deserve to be."

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#277Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 7/28/17 at 9:58pm

Looks like this may well be the announcement. Or, what if she's announcing she's coming back in Steve Martin's play? Just trying to think about the poissibilities. 

CindersGolightly
#278Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 7/28/17 at 10:05pm

It very well could be that! Although, it would be odd if she was announcing Martin's play. Assuming Amy Schumer is still on board, it wouldn't make sense to have Laura announce it. At least not to me. She's unfortunately (and wrongfully), not as famous as Schumer. You know? I hope that makes sense. Everything is speculation anyway, but it's very fun speculation, and I'm really hoping she's announcing Eliza. That would be so joyous to see.

Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
#279Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 7/28/17 at 10:34pm

I know Benanti was suppose to guest co-host The Talk a few weeks ago, but didn't happen.

Even if it's Meteor Shower, I'm sure it would still be exciting to announce that she'll be appearing opposite Amy Schumer in a new Steve Martin play.

Updated On: 7/28/17 at 10:34 PM

Laurapattifan Profile Photo
Laurapattifan
#280Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 7/28/17 at 10:36pm

Jeffrey Karasarides said: "I know Benanti was suppose to guest co-host The Talk a few weeks ago, but didn't happen.

"

I believe she had to cancel due to pink eye?

broadwayboy223
#281Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 7/28/17 at 10:42pm

Please let it be about My Fair Lady

DramaTeach Profile Photo
DramaTeach
#282Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 7/28/17 at 11:01pm

In looking at the Twitter of the PR group that posted that Laura would be making an announcement on the Talk, it seems pretty clear that it'll be about MFL.  Anyone who responded to their post by saying things like "I hope it's about My Fair Lady" got a "like" from them.  

Updated On: 7/28/17 at 11:01 PM

NYadgal Profile Photo
NYadgal
#283Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 7/28/17 at 11:04pm

I wish I was more excited about her in the role of Eliza --- if it's true.  

I was truly hoping for an "unknown" fresh face.  

"Two drifters off to see the world. There's such a lot of world to see. . ."

froote
#284Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 7/28/17 at 11:06pm

NYadgal said: "I wish I was more excited about her in the role of Eliza --- if it's true.  

I was truly hoping for an "unknown" fresh face.
"

Yeah, I wasn't so bothered about it being an unknown but it's a rare great starmaking part for a younger actress, of which there aren't that many in musical theatre. Benanti will do well (except for her looking far too old) but it's just such an expected and for me boring choice. I'm bored of the same few actors getting the great roles.

DramaTeach Profile Photo
DramaTeach
#285Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 7/28/17 at 11:16pm

^ I agree.  Benanti's fine but not very exciting.

GeorgeandDot Profile Photo
GeorgeandDot
#286Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 7/28/17 at 11:17pm

DramaTeach said: "^ I agree.  Benanti's fine but not very exciting.

Maybe not to you, but I'll be there for her on opening night.

Itonlytakesajourney Profile Photo
Itonlytakesajourney
#287Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 7/28/17 at 11:25pm

I'm crossing my fingers for Laura, at this point it's a given. Although a newcomer would've been great, this is Benanti's dream role and I'm glad it's (pretty much) coming true. 

JIMG3
#288Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 7/28/17 at 11:27pm

I'm personally hoping she won't be cast as Eliza, with all due respect to her many admirers. I'm sticking to my "prediction" of a "relatively" unknown actress. If it's who I think it will be, this board is going to light up like a Christmas tree. 

NYadgal Profile Photo
NYadgal
#289Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 7/28/17 at 11:29pm

It's a dream role for many (most) actresses.

i adore this show and am sure it will be glorious under the direction of Bartlett Sher.   It's one of the shows I'm most looking forward to.   

"Two drifters off to see the world. There's such a lot of world to see. . ."

jonlow09
#290Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 7/28/17 at 11:29pm

Updated On: 7/29/17 at 11:29 PM

Itonlytakesajourney Profile Photo
Itonlytakesajourney
#291Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 7/28/17 at 11:32pm

NYadgal said: "It's a dream role for many (most) actresses.

i adore this show and am sure it will be glorious under the direction of Bartlett Sher.   It's one of the shows I'm most looking forward to.   

Agreed! 2018 is basically the year of revivals, the bloodbath shaping up to be best revival is going to be fun to watch.

Jessetenny Profile Photo
Jessetenny
#292Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 7/28/17 at 11:32pm

It's quite possible that Meteor Shower is a limited run say October to January for 12 weeks then she does My Fair Lady for March.

broadwayboy223
#293Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 7/28/17 at 11:37pm

There hasn't even been an official announcement that Meteor Shower is even going to happen. The PR Twitter liked my tweet about her being in MFL so I'm really hoping it's her. 

broadwayboy223
#294Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 7/28/17 at 11:37pm

DELETE duplicate

Updated On: 7/28/17 at 11:37 PM

mehtotheworld
#295Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 7/28/17 at 11:41pm

I was already planning to stay home from work Monday, so this works out rather well. Really hoping a MFL announcement happens on the show! Laura Benanti could be 65 years old and I'd watch her play Eliza Doolittle.

Gorlois Profile Photo
Gorlois
#296Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 7/28/17 at 11:42pm

I've never been to NYC before, but Laura Benanti in this role, singing this score, just might be the catalyst for me to schedule a trip as for my own graduation present. Bonus points if her Higgins is someone like Colin Firth.

CindersGolightly
#297Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 7/28/17 at 11:50pm

June 15, 2017: Steve Martin has his eye on Schumer and Benanti to take his new play to Broadway.

Nothing about Martin's play has ever been confirmed. This is the only piece of news about it, and even then it's vague as vague can be. I mean, who knows, maybe Laura is announcing, like, a perfume line on The Talk. We can't be too sure. But all signs point to Eliza. (Which makes me....so excited.)

Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
#298Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 7/29/17 at 12:11am

DramaTeach said: "In looking at the Twitter of the PR group that posted that Laura would be making an announcement on the Talk, it seems pretty clear that it'll be about MFL. Anyone who responded to their post by saying things like "I hope it's about My Fair Lady" got a "like" from them."

There was also someone who guessed that she's coming back to Nashville, which got a like from them as well. No matter what the announcement is, I'm sure the PR group are at least liking some of the guesses.

kuhset
#299Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 7/29/17 at 1:19am

If Great Comet closes & it works out, I'd love Shoba Narayan to play Eliza. Or actually, I'd love any actor of colour to play Eliza, and was heavily rooting for Ashley Park, but with the Mean Girls musical, I doubt that'll happen anytime soon. 

Videos