News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Into the Woods Official Movie Thread- Page 153

Into the Woods Official Movie Thread

MagicalMusical Profile Photo
MagicalMusical
#3800Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/13/14 at 2:47am

Where can I hear the whole clip and his howl?

Doesn't anyone think Emily Blunt should have said "...and a baker for bread" more lovingly in her lyric delivery? The song is supposed to be about how she realizes the love she has for the Baker.

Also, check it guys, here's a clip of Meryl and the Baker and his Wife:
http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disney-watch-into-woods-clip-go-wood-featuring-meryl-streep-73692/

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#3801Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/13/14 at 3:28am

@Hagenisnotakitty Where did you listen to the full prologue??? Post these links, people! Can't believe it's only 12 days left and only 3 til the soundtrack. So excited.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#3802Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/13/14 at 5:14am

I couldn't hold out and listened to one more complete track other than Stay With Me - Last Midnight. It's another magnificent performance by Meryl. My one tiny disappointment is the way the tempo is briefly slowed down at the end on the line "everybody down on all fours" - kinda kills the wonderfully dramatic build-up to the end of the song. But, whatever, minor quibble.

Erzlump
#3803Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/13/14 at 5:36am

"Doesn't anyone think Emily Blunt should have said "...and a baker for bread" more lovingly in her lyric delivery? The song is supposed to be about how she realizes the love she has for the Baker."

I haven't seen/heard Emily Blunts Moment in the Woods yet, but the way I see it having "a Baker for bread" isn't a very loving statement to make about your husband.
I think at this point she still wondering how to bring order into all that chaos and tries to divide up her life into clear parts
having a "Child for warmth" or emotional reasons,
a baker/husband "for bread" or practical reasons
and a prince "for whatever".

After some back and forth she then realizes that the baker means more to her than just a save but boring livelihood(to make it simple - don't know if my english sustains any attempt to go deeper into my thoughts about this song since it's not my first language. Or maybe I got the Song totally wrong and someone can correct me.)

At least thats what I got out of it.

Updated On: 12/13/14 at 05:36 AM

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#3804Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/13/14 at 5:42am

I can't believe it took me until 2014 to realize that "bread" has more than one meaning in that song. Jesus, I'm thick.

Updated On: 12/13/14 at 05:42 AM

The Dark I Know Well Profile Photo
The Dark I Know Well
 Musical Master Profile Photo
Musical Master
icecreambenjamin Profile Photo
icecreambenjamin
#3807Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/13/14 at 9:26am

It appears that these links have been taken down.
Does this mean that the soundtrack has been released early?

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#3808Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/13/14 at 9:29am

According to the poster in the tumblr link, the soundtrack has been released in his country

Hagenisnotakitty Profile Photo
Hagenisnotakitty
icecreambenjamin
#3810Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/13/14 at 11:39am

Just listened to "no one is alone"

It wasn't good.

Sadly, I really did not enjoy it.

In other news, Streep still sounds hot and I have so much respect for Emily Blunt now.

Showface
#3811Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/13/14 at 11:41am

I listened to Last Midnight...it. was. AMAZING.

I worried that I would ruin my movie experience, but then I realized that it's an entire different feeling when the music is booming all around you, then you see the acting/special effects.

I still will get chills.

I also listened to the rap, and it sounds that she did it pretty subtle for the film, and it works.

kudelicek
#3812Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/13/14 at 2:45pm

Hello everyone,

I have a big request to you. Please is here anybody who have the CD with soundtrack? Now I know only about Daniel from Tumbrl...
How I wrote in this discusion before I am from Czech Republic and I work in a musical theatre, like actor and like theorist. With our big theoretist of musical theatre prepare national radio programme (Musical Express) about musicals. Now - on Monday - we will record new episodes and we will talk about ITW movie and would like use 2 tracks from soundtrack. But soundtrack will be released few days later...
Is someone who could help? Thank you.
--------
Thank YOUOfficial Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread

Updated On: 12/13/14 at 02:45 PM

Showface
#3813Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/13/14 at 2:46pm

Here is a brand new article/interview with Marshall, Streep, and Sondheim!

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment/movies/la-et-mn-stephen-sondheim-meryl-streep-into-the-woods-20141214-story.html#page=1

NOTES:

-Sondheim says that Streep was meant to play the part all along, because Streep and Peters are anagrams of eachother (only Sondheim Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread)

-Thw Witch's Transformation had no CGI in it (well, I'm pretty sure for the "magic" there was, but the rest had no CGI, and in the featurette/trailer it seems that she is levitating and shoots up in the air during it).
Marshall says about that, "Well, first of all, you — Meryl is incredibly physical. I mean, she's a dancer. I can't tell you how many times she fell doing the work because she throws herself into it. Literally on the ground a million times."

-

binau Profile Photo
binau
#3814Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/13/14 at 4:03pm

That's so funny

P E T E R S

S T R E E P

Yep.

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

broadwaybabywannabe2 Profile Photo
broadwaybabywannabe2
#3815Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/13/14 at 5:53pm

leave it to the man SONDHEIM to see the STREEP/PETERS thingy...:)

i too am loving the prologue...wow can't wait to see the visuals with the sound...the orchestra makes me happy...
Updated On: 12/13/14 at 05:53 PM

carlodowd Profile Photo
carlodowd
#3816Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/13/14 at 6:16pm

I'm in heaven listening to the soundtrack! Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#3817Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/13/14 at 8:00pm

Bless you all for posting the links!!!

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

Joviedamian
#3818Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/13/14 at 9:36pm

Who else is listening to the full soundtrack?

Ado Annie D'Ysquith Profile Photo
Ado Annie D'Ysquith
#3819Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/13/14 at 9:47pm

So my composer friend and I plan to make a day out of catching this in NYC after Christmas! Any restaurant recommendations?

I've actually been avoiding all trailers and song clips aside from the ads they play on TV. I want to be totally surprised. And HorseTears, very funny- but she would be a collectible doll so no belly-action...LOL!

http://puccinischronicles.wordpress.com

Musical Master
#3820Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/14/14 at 1:05am

@Joviedamian, I did. The cast is just as good as the early screening reviews suggested and heck I even liked Johnny Depp's singing as The Wolf, his howl at the end was FANTASTIC! Once I see the film I'll do a review on it.

Chris Pine's voice surprised me in the best possible way and he'd make a great Joe Gillis in SUNSET BOULEVARD.

MagicalMusical
#3821Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/14/14 at 1:31am

Maybe "a baker for bread" does just mean "being able to live". Still, he is her husband, and I would think after "child for warmth" she would mean with "baker for bread" to be someone for companionship, someone to romantically love. Because she's talking about those kinds of relationships.

And who would need a husband only for practical reasons? That's...really terrible, to be married just to live. I know that women in once upon a time may have had to marry for exactly those reasons, to eat and live, but I feel like the Baker's Wife would not be so mean and shallow a person to do so. She loved the Baker once, and still does, doesn't she?

I think Johnny Depp's howl was melded with effects to sound that good. But I don't know.

Cinderella's singing in the Prologue, especially the calling of the birds, is so lovely, that after hearing that and the full "On the Steps of the Palace", maybe she does make a pretty beautiful sounding Cinderella.

Updated On: 12/14/14 at 01:31 AM

Musical Master
#3822Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/14/14 at 2:07am

@MagicalMusical, I remember reading something online that briefly talked about Johnny Depp in the recording booth that his howl at the end wasn't enhanced in any way.

MagicalMusical
#3823Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/14/14 at 2:48am

Then his ability to howl like that is amazing!

Am I the only who thought Meryl's swerve when talking to the Baker and his wife in the "have the curse reversed" clip was really weird and just one flaw in her acting there?

icecreambenjamin
#3824Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/14/14 at 12:03pm

Chris Pine sounds pretty amazing.
A Sunset Boulevard film with him and Streep (or Close) is needed.
Anna Kendrick sounds lovely, but she's soooo nasally. She hits a few pretty notes here and there, but she just doesn't sound like Cinderella.
Lilla Crawford is prefect. Not a single problem with her. She's great.
Emily Blunt sounds very pretty and I'm very happy that she's playing this role. I don't know who else would.
James Corden... the Baker falls flat when they cut out No More. I'm sure that my opinion will change when I see the film, but I really miss that song.
Daniel Huttlestone is a good choice for Jack. I've heard a lot of complaints about him being played by someone younger. I always thought that in the stage show it was someone older playing someone younger so in the film they just had someone younger playing someone younger.
Meryl Streep still sounds amazing.

Couldn't we have had Alan Cumming play the Wolf? He would've been great.

Updated On: 12/14/14 at 12:03 PM

Maximum Thread Size of 5,000 Messages Reached
Please Start a New Thread!

Videos