News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Into the Woods Official Movie Thread- Page 155

Into the Woods Official Movie Thread

icecreambenjamin Profile Photo
icecreambenjamin
#3850Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/15/14 at 7:52am

jimmycurry01
the film may be great, but I would like to see a movie that is more accurate to the stage play.

And this soundtrack is amazing.

broadwaybabywannabe2 Profile Photo
broadwaybabywannabe2
#3851Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/15/14 at 7:55am

OMG!!...the instrumental NO MORE is so lush and lavish...i actually teared up...i really don't want to listen to too much until the cd arrives but it all sounds amazing...great job!

BTW the first official review has come from down under and it is listed on ROTTEN TOMATOES...and it is a RAVE!...yay!!!!

just announced...CRITICS CHOICE AWARDS:
BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
BEST ART DIRECTION
BEST COSTUMES
BEST ENSEMBLE ACTING...but NO Best Picture nomination...damn!

here's my thinking on possible OSCAR NOMS...the small movie WHIPLASH made the top 10 list for the Critic's Choice awards and from what i have been reading from hollywood it is a critical favorite because of the the supporting actor JK SIMMONS...so i do not see that getting a OSCAR best pic nom as a top ten movie...and that place for sure should go to INTO THE WOODS...(from my mouth to GOD'S EARS!)...boy i take these things way too seriously...lol...

Updated On: 12/15/14 at 07:55 AM

beautywickedlover
#3852Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/15/14 at 10:43am

^ The Best Picture snub is disappointing and so is the fact that Daniel Huttlestone and Lilla Crawford were snubbed for Best Youth Actor/Actress.

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#3853Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/15/14 at 10:49am

^Yeah, I was shocked that neither Lilla or Daniel got in

jasonf Profile Photo
jasonf
#3854Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/15/14 at 10:49am

I agree Cabaret should be remade - give us a film version that's close to the stage show. Yes, the movie that exists is great, but another film would not go amiss.

Hi, Shirley Temple Pudding.

Ado Annie D'Ysquith Profile Photo
Ado Annie D'Ysquith
#3855Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/15/14 at 10:50am

The Peters/Streep anagram is still blowing my mind.

I would definitely be all over this soundtrack if I didn't already own the OBC recording. I figure I'll just buy the instrumental "No More" and whatever couple of new renditions I want off iTunes...

http://puccinischronicles.wordpress.com

Jay94
#3856Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/15/14 at 1:34pm

The 'Last Midnight' instrumental at the end of the album is jaw-droppingly amazing. I assume it's in the credits.

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#3857Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/15/14 at 5:52pm

Gave in to temptation and listened to one more full track from the soundtrack - "Any Moment". I still think Chris Pine sounds like a 72 year old lounge singer who just ate several peanut butter sandwiches, but it works for the character.

LinManuelSondheim Profile Photo
LinManuelSondheim
#3858Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/15/14 at 8:13pm

Before i post this, Are you sure you wish more another spot? "Are you certain what you wish is what you want? If you know what you want, then make a wish! Ask LinManuelSondheim and you shall have your wish!"

Tv Spot with Children Will Listen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeTA7Q04JQk

Showface
#3859Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/15/14 at 8:22pm

Yay! Thanks! I've been waiting for that TV Spot to surface online. There's one more that I saw this weekend that hopefully will surface soon! Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread

In other news...ITW is no longer in the running for Hair and Makeup at the Oscars
https://www.hitfix.com/in-contention/into-the-woods-misses-the-cut-as-academy-narrows-makeup-and-hairstyling-race-to-7

Showface
#3860Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/15/14 at 8:22pm

Yay! Thanks! I've been waiting for that TV Spot to surface online. There's one more that I saw this weekend that hopefully will surface soon! Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread

In other news...ITW is no longer in the running for Hair and Makeup at the Oscars
https://www.hitfix.com/in-contention/into-the-woods-misses-the-cut-as-academy-narrows-makeup-and-hairstyling-race-to-7

NYC4Life Profile Photo
NYC4Life
#3861Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/15/14 at 8:36pm

Just got an email of the shortlist for hair and makeup for the academy to pick from and into the woods surprisingly didn't make the cut. The academy will pick three from the titles listed below.

“The Amazing Spider-Man 2? “Foxcatcher” “The Grand Budapest Hotel” “Guardians of the Galaxy” “Maleficent” “Noah” “The Theory of Everything”

Showface
#3862Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/15/14 at 8:45pm

Review (8/10):

https://allihavetosayaboutthat.wordpress.com/tag/into-the-woods-movie-review/

I'm suspecting reviews to be around 7.5/10. Not because I won't like it (I probably will find the film perfect Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread ), or even because theatre fans won't like it, because from what we heard, fans of the show should be VERY pleased.

I say this because the ratings includes everyones thoughts, and there are many people who will not like it because of the nature of the show itself:

-The music: Many people have accused the music of not being "hummable". This is my favorite musical so I love the music! But, alas! These songs aren't everyone's cup of tea.

-The length: Many have complained the third act "drags to it's conclusion", which has always been an issue with the show

-The fact that it is a musical--need I say more? Many people aren't a fan of musicals anyway (at least on film), and I can already hear some moans from the audience during the "spell is on our house", "a very nice prince", and any other short singing moments.

Updated On: 12/18/14 at 08:45 PM

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#3863Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/15/14 at 8:59pm

As much as I can't wait for this, I can't imagine reviews being overly positive. It's being snubbed in just about every awards list (besides the Golden Globes, where it was always going to get nominated) and if it is nominated, it's only Meryl. Add in that the embargo doesn't break until the 20th, which is never a good sign.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#3864Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/15/14 at 9:00pm

It's still a DISNEY produced movie, I don't think anyone expected it to be a huge awards darling.

indytallguy
#3865Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/15/14 at 9:07pm

Seriously, the Sondheim isn't hummable crap again?

Anyone who leaves the theater unable to hum Into the Woods probably is being carrier out on a stretcher by EMTs.

NYC4Life Profile Photo
NYC4Life
#3866Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/15/14 at 10:01pm

I think it's going to get good reviews but great reviews don't make awards. Chris Rock had one of the greatest reviewed films of the year but it's a comedy with a mostly black cast so it's been an uphill battle. Ida was one of the greatest films of the year, beautifully acted and produced but it's a foreign film. Uphill battle. Into the woods is a Sondheim fantasy musical from disney. uphill battle.

Michael Kras Profile Photo
Michael Kras
#3867Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/15/14 at 10:11pm

Showface, I think Sondheim's songs in Into the Woods are immensely hummable... Probably more than almost everything else he has written, besides Merrily.

degrassifan
#3868Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/15/14 at 10:24pm

Sometimes, I wish Mary Poppins had gotten the Best Picture Oscar instead of My Fair Lady (which was well-deserved btw) only because I think Disney Studios deserves at least one. Of all the great films they have made, it's a shame that none had ever won the top Academy Award.

broadwaybabywannabe2 Profile Photo
broadwaybabywannabe2
#3869Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/15/14 at 10:49pm

BUMMER...i just found out that i got tickets to see an advance screening in LA, Wednesday night but i cannot make it as i am working Thursday morning...ugh!!!!...and bummer also that ITW will not get a make-up/hair nomination...jeez the nomination possibilities are dwindling down it seems...but on a good note my CD came in todays mail and i am loving the soundtrack and i for one love all the instrumental sequences that are on the CD...love love love...

ArtMan
#3870Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/15/14 at 10:59pm

Saw a screening tonight. I won't go into any detail...I will let the better reviewers do that. Thought it was terrific. If tonight's screening is any indication, families are going to bring their small children thinking this is a kid's movie. The theatre was full of them, but bless them hardly a beep. I was pretty impressed with everyone. Thought it was very well cast. Lila, for her non experience, really stands out and does a great job. Johnny, for the nonlovers, is barely in it. Blink and he's gone. If I had to say anything negative it was Chris Pine. He sang and acted extremely well. His look, to me, was kind of odd. Billy comes off very handsome. Chris is handsome (in person) also, but his makeup looks like he has had too many hangovers. When others see this, tell me what you think?

Updated On: 12/15/14 at 10:59 PM

LucyEth
#3871Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/15/14 at 11:03pm

I saw the film a few weeks ago in NY at a SAG screening, have very definite opinions....but was holding off at the risk of seeming a spoil sport. Haven't had the time to go through all 155 (!) pages of this thread, so honestly don't know: Have other people who've seen this expressed opinions?

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#3872Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/15/14 at 11:13pm

I don't see how the embargo is a bad idea. The word of mouth on this is very positive. No, it's not going to get raves, but it'll be liked enough. At the end of the day, this movie is counting on audience support more than critical support to ride the awards wave. I imagine if audiences love it the way they loved something like LES MIS, it'll pick up a few nominations. Remember the precursors only reflect things early in the game; there's almost a month before Oscar nominations are out, and in that month INTO THE WOODS will come out and probably be a big hit, so a lot can happen. Still, a Picture nod seems like a long shot at the moment.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

Mrtrobz
#3873Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/15/14 at 11:26pm

They are opening this the day after Taken 3 in the UK and on the same day as Fox Catcher I really hope it doesn't get lost amid those. Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread

jpbran Profile Photo
jpbran
#3874Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/15/14 at 11:28pm

Loved it... There needs to be an alternate version comprised of nothing but Billy Magnussen getting on & off his horse for 2 hours

Maximum Thread Size of 5,000 Messages Reached
Please Start a New Thread!

Videos