News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

LIVING ON LOVE closes Sunday- Page 2

LIVING ON LOVE closes Sunday

devonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
#25LIVING ON LOVE closes Sunday
Posted: 4/28/15 at 4:16pm

That looks such an atmosphere-killer!

Phillypinto Profile Photo
Phillypinto
#26LIVING ON LOVE closes Sunday
Posted: 4/28/15 at 4:23pm

"Well, most operas at the Met are performed less than 25 times in a season - so this is about par for Fleming. "

no this is not on par for her because a play is absolutely nothing compared to an opera unless its hamlet. This is really heartbreaking. I <3 Renee, and hope she does more straight up acting because she is so extraordinary at it. I want her to do a drama, especially since opera is so dramatic most of the time.

Use my fabulous TodayTix code: JEYCY

Liza's Headband
#27LIVING ON LOVE closes Sunday
Posted: 4/28/15 at 4:28pm

Updated On: 4/28/15 at 04:28 PM

Phillypinto Profile Photo
Phillypinto
#28LIVING ON LOVE closes Sunday
Posted: 4/28/15 at 4:36pm

You are cold blooded, and I truly hope you find something nice to talk about on the board instead of verbally attacking me.

Use my fabulous TodayTix code: JEYCY

Wilmingtom
#29LIVING ON LOVE closes Sunday
Posted: 4/28/15 at 4:40pm

No surprise here, the closing notice or the kid's reaction to it.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#30LIVING ON LOVE closes Sunday
Posted: 4/28/15 at 4:41pm

Headband, why did you delete your comment "^DIE" directed at pinto? You don't stand by it anymore?

aj88
#31LIVING ON LOVE closes Sunday
Posted: 4/28/15 at 4:51pm

...and moving on. I thought maybe it would at least it last though mid May but those were such weak numbers.

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#32LIVING ON LOVE closes Sunday
Posted: 4/28/15 at 4:54pm

Philly, Liza's Headband is a sociopath who has threatened death upon me because I said I didnt care for dogs and harassed me for months with horrible private messages.    He is an unstable psycho who needs to be blocked from this site for wishing death upon people.  Among others in this thread who have done the same thing.  It's never ok.  Report him immediately.  

asmith0307
#33LIVING ON LOVE closes Sunday
Posted: 4/28/15 at 4:57pm

I was surprised that it is closing so quick after posting. I know they are probably losing quite a bit of money each week, but five days is pretty short notice (though more than some).

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#34LIVING ON LOVE closes Sunday
Posted: 4/28/15 at 5:38pm

asmith, Tues for Sunday is standard.

asmith0307
#35LIVING ON LOVE closes Sunday
Posted: 4/28/15 at 5:42pm

"asmith, Tues for Sunday is standard."

Hmmm... I've noticed a lot of two week notices, but then again, I only started to really pay attention a few seasons ago. Thanks for the info!

obssessed
#36LIVING ON LOVE closes Sunday
Posted: 4/28/15 at 5:44pm

back to topic.  Living on love is  just the kind of light comedy that will play well in  community theatre. I didn't hate, I laughed quite a  bit.  I am sorry that it didn't catch on, but there are indeed,far better shows to see. I don't wish  for any close to close ever.

Monty12112
#37LIVING ON LOVE closes Sunday
Posted: 4/28/15 at 5:44pm

I'm very surprised with the 5 day notice.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#38LIVING ON LOVE closes Sunday
Posted: 4/28/15 at 5:51pm

In the 1960's, there were many ways to close other than after completing a successful run

1. Open & Close the same night - Gantry , Billy , Here's Where I

Belong

2. Close During Previews - One Night Stand, Breakfast At 

Tiffanys

3. Close Out Of Town - Too numerous to mention

4. Hang On For A Week Or So - Sophie,Georgy

Poster Emeritus

LarryD2
#39LIVING ON LOVE closes Sunday
Posted: 4/28/15 at 5:52pm

"This is really heartbreaking. I <3 Renee, and hope she does more straight up acting because she is so extraordinary at it."

How would you know? You didn't see her.

asmith0307
#40LIVING ON LOVE closes Sunday
Posted: 4/28/15 at 5:56pm

"In the 1960's, there were many ways to close other than after completing a successful run
1. Open & Close the same night - Gantry , Billy , Here's Where I
    Belong
2. Close During Previews - One Night Stand, Breakfast At 
   Tiffanys
3. Close Out Of Town - Too numerous to mention
4. Hang On For A Week Or So - Sophie,Georgy

"

Shows even as recent as Glory Days have closed after one performance. I mean, with the history of shows closing so quickly it shouldn't have caught me off-guard, but it did for some reason.

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#41LIVING ON LOVE closes Sunday
Posted: 4/28/15 at 7:05pm

I enjoyed this show more than most people, I guess, and laughed a lot. I'm sorry it didn't connect with audiences. 

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#42LIVING ON LOVE closes Sunday
Posted: 4/28/15 at 11:24pm

" Living on love is  just the kind of light comedy that will play well in  community theatre."

is ms. fleming going to do community theatre?

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#43LIVING ON LOVE closes Sunday
Posted: 4/28/15 at 11:44pm

I highly doubt it.

Poster Emeritus

Wilmingtom
#44LIVING ON LOVE closes Sunday
Posted: 4/29/15 at 1:17am

I agree that the play will do well in community theater, as Pietro's plays tend to.  To Hogan's (sarcastic?) question, it's unlikely that anyone from the Broadway cast will be appearing in those productions.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#45LIVING ON LOVE closes Sunday
Posted: 4/29/15 at 2:19am

This will be eaten up by the regional circuit. I don't feel by for any of them involved. Most of the actors are well-known and will go on to other things. 

Did this get such strong notices at Williamstown that it deserved a transfer? I know it has big names attached, but still? 

And for the record, as much as I loathed it, Zhivago isn't doing as poorly as some other shows. Granted I don't know the cost analysis, but it seems to be hanging in there. It's about how Rocky was doing. So I'd assume it'd close up shop in August. 

Wee Thomas2 Profile Photo
Wee Thomas2
#46LIVING ON LOVE closes Sunday
Posted: 4/29/15 at 6:41am

It got the same comments at WTF that it got here.  Cute, light, frothy, etc.

LarryD2
#47LIVING ON LOVE closes Sunday
Posted: 4/29/15 at 7:38am

""asmith, Tues for Sunday is standard."
Hmmm... I've noticed a lot of two week notices, but then again, I only started to really pay attention a few seasons ago. Thanks for the info!"

Tuesday is the latest a closing notice can be posted and go into effect at the end of the performance week (Sunday). A notice posted later than Tuesday would mean that the producers would either need to keep the show open for two weeks or close the show but continue to pay the company for an additional week of work.

"Did this get such strong notices at Williamstown that it deserved a transfer? I know it has big names attached, but still?"

The lead producer is married to the director, who is very close friends with the star. This was a case of incest and vanity all around.

Updated On: 4/29/15 at 07:38 AM

CurtainsUpat8 Profile Photo
CurtainsUpat8
#48LIVING ON LOVE closes Sunday
Posted: 4/29/15 at 4:39pm

I just got back from the matinee today. I think it's too old fashioned for even the community theatre circuit. It was like watching a play at a Community theatre in 1980. Renee showed a lot of potential. Douglas Sills was very good. Not worthy of a Tony Nomination. The two young people were quite forgettable. The two butlers kind of stole the show. I loved the last five minutes of it.  A terrible script. I think I chuckled twice.

Patash Profile Photo
Patash
#49LIVING ON LOVE closes Sunday
Posted: 4/30/15 at 12:28pm

And to think that before it opened I DARED to ask why people were suggesting Rene Fleming would be nominated for a Tony when they hadn't seen her yet.  I was raked over the coals for even questioning.  That's all I was doing -- asking -- but then I saw this HOT MESS!  Ouch. 

Videos