News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13- Page 2

Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13

lucas_glenn
#25Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 7/30/17 at 11:12pm

Heard from a reliable source, Justin Timberlake as Pierre. 

VotePeron Profile Photo
VotePeron
#26Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 7/30/17 at 11:27pm

lucas_glenn said: "Heard from a reliable source, Justin Timberlake as Pierre."

I can't tell if you're joking or not. He's a great talent, but Pierre?? He'd be a killer Anatole, though!

n.holden
#27Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 7/30/17 at 11:29pm

As long is people are throwing out random names with no chance, Adam Lambert as Anatole, or I saw someone suggest Ariana Grande as Natasha, which won't happen but certainly would sell tickets.

froote
#28Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 7/30/17 at 11:36pm

Let's go wild.

LMM as Balaga.

hbf Profile Photo
hbf
#29Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 7/30/17 at 11:43pm

froote said: "Let's go wild.

LMM as Balaga.

"

Robert Downey as Pierre, Whoopi Goldberg as Natasha, and Micheal Cera as Anatole.

"She's very insecure, but so am I!"

lucas_glenn
#30Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 7/31/17 at 12:23am

VotePeron said: "lucas_glenn said: "Heard from a reliable source, Justin Timberlake as Pierre."

I can't tell if you're joking or not. He's a great talent, but Pierre?? He'd be a killer Anatole, though!

"

Not at all joking. I was told he had all but signed the contract. 

Abbade
#31Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 7/31/17 at 12:35am

oncemorewithfeeling2 said: "Jake Gyllenhaal was approached by the show before. I have 100% confirmation on that. But he is not doing it.

I truly hope it lasts past August 13. I doubt the show would do a longer run with Heath Saunders, even though he's a very unique performer, simply because he's also one of the primary guitar players in the show and with Ken Clark leaving, they'd have two fill two guitar slots.

Michael Buble? Dan Stevens? Luke Evans? Matthew Morrison? Ewan McGregor?  I'm really just throwing out names.

"

So sad to hear this. Jake was my dreamcast as Pierre since the beginning. Such an amazing voice and talented actor.

Margo319
#32Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 7/31/17 at 12:53am

Who exactly is your "source"?  If you cannot announce it publicly, then PM me.  

10086Sundays
#33Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 7/31/17 at 12:58am

hbf said: "froote said: "Let's go wild. LMM as Balaga."

Robert Downey as Pierre, Whoopi Goldberg as Natasha, and Micheal Cera as Anatole.
"

NO!  If Robert Downey, Jr is going to swoop in and save a show, I claim him in the name of Groundhog Day.  Sorry Mr. Karl, I've wanted to see Robert on stage for years.wink

Updated On: 7/31/17 at 12:58 AM

JustAnotherNewYorker
#34Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 7/31/17 at 2:23am

Timberlake I don't care for, but I'd pay to see Weird Al. He'd be brilliant (and can already play the accordion)

Updated On: 7/31/17 at 02:23 AM

leighmiserables  Profile Photo
leighmiserables
#35Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 7/31/17 at 2:32am

Which one of y'all was the one who leaked the info about Ingrid being the next Sonya a day before the news came out a while back? Are you still out there?? If so, wanna help us out here again?

rosscoe(au) Profile Photo
rosscoe(au)
#36Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 7/31/17 at 2:47am

Margo319 said: "Who exactly is your "source"?  If you cannot announce it publicly, then PM me.  

"

What makes you think your so special, I mean really come on!

Well I didn't want to get into it, but he's a Satanist. Every full moon he sacrifices 4 puppies to the Dark Lord and smears their blood on his paino. This should help you understand the score for Wicked a little bit more. Tazber's: Reply to Is Stephen Schwartz a Practicing Christian

rosscoe(au) Profile Photo
rosscoe(au)
#37Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 7/31/17 at 2:48am

Why would any white actor, want to touch this show?

Well I didn't want to get into it, but he's a Satanist. Every full moon he sacrifices 4 puppies to the Dark Lord and smears their blood on his paino. This should help you understand the score for Wicked a little bit more. Tazber's: Reply to Is Stephen Schwartz a Practicing Christian

Dancingthrulife2 Profile Photo
Dancingthrulife2
#38Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 7/31/17 at 3:00am

nasty_khakis said: "I know from a 100% reliable source the show had a fall plan post Mandy. I'm not sure what it was but if it's a name I'm sure they're now on the phone 24/7 trying to persuade whoever it was to stay on.

"

If that is the case, I wonder whether they now regret inviting Mandy in the first place. Sure, Mandy is a big enough name for seats to be filled, but I guess they can take three more weeks' beat given how much they've grossed so far than get themselves into this foreseeable mess that could possibly destroy the show.

Updated On: 7/31/17 at 03:00 AM

Brave Sir Robin2 Profile Photo
Brave Sir Robin2
#39Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 7/31/17 at 3:35am

I'll say it again: John Legend as Pierre, Nicole Scherzinger as Helene, Adam Lambert as Anatole. That would be fantastic, and a triple-play like that would be a dream. Realistically, even one of those would be big. Nicole would draw at least Ingrid-sized crowns, while Adam and John could be Groban-level draws.

"I saw Pavarotti play Rodolfo on stage and with his girth I thought he was about to eat the whole table at the Cafe Momus." - Dollypop

GeorgeandDot Profile Photo
GeorgeandDot
#40Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 7/31/17 at 3:51am

Why do I keep on hearing people suggest John Legend for Pierre?  I love him, but I'm not sure he's right for that part.

10086Sundays
#41Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 7/31/17 at 4:08am

Someone on the Broadway Reddit version of this thread threw this out: "I hear whispers of Rainn Wilson after Oak." (He's from "The Office" for those like me that know the face, but not the name.)

Rainn Singing

trpguyy
#42Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 7/31/17 at 9:13am

leighmiserables said: "Which one of y'all was the one who leaked the info about Ingrid being the next Sonya a day before the news came out a while back? Are you still out there?? If so, wanna help us out here again?"

That was me, and like I said elsewhere, the "star" they're courting would result in a collective "huh?"

g.d.e.l.g.i. Profile Photo
g.d.e.l.g.i.
#43Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 7/31/17 at 9:15am

...so Rainn Wilson then?

Formerly gvendo2005
Broadway Legend

Blocked: After Eight, suestorm, david_fick, emlodik, lovebwy, Dave28282, joevitus, BorisTomashevsky

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#44Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 7/31/17 at 9:51am

I think the Ingrid/Brittain tweets are just ensuring the narrative is out there that she stepped in for a few weeks and Brittain is set to return, so that if the show does close, it doesn't get mentioned the same as Mandy/Oak?

BWAY Baby2
#45Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 7/31/17 at 9:54am

Color counting is wrong- on both sides and on any side. Enough already. This constant cry of victimization by the black community- one that is not heard by the gay, Jewish, transgender or really any other minority with long histories of oppression- has actually hurt the black community at this point- the backlash is partly responsible for the rise of Donald Trump and those of his ilk. Did anyone cry out when Hamilton diversified? But the casting of Nina Simone's story was rife with racial undertones- I abhor any type of discrimination- but really- the constant cries of victimization- especially when they are not egregious-  and racism is not helping to promote a colorblind society.

AEA AGMA SM
#46Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 7/31/17 at 10:23am

BWAY Baby2 said: "Did anyone cry out when Hamilton diversified?"

Yes, there was a handful of white actors who threw a tantrum over the way the Hamilton breakdowns were originally worded because they were being "excluded."

nmlhats
#47Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 7/31/17 at 10:24am

oncemorewithfeeling2 said: "Michael Buble? Dan Stevens? Luke Evans? Matthew Morrison? Ewan McGregor?  I'm really just throwing out names.

"

I, for one, would pay good money to see Ewan McGregor in a musical. When I saw Moulin Rouge, I thought to myself, "Why isn't this man in musical theater?"

But dang, I have clients with tix 9/5 and 11/9, and I hate to keep them hanging about what will happen. I am working with them to settle on a Plan B in case I need to rebook them.

Abbade
#48Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 7/31/17 at 10:24am

trpguyy said: "leighmiserables said: "Which one of y'all was the one who leaked the info about Ingrid being the next Sonya a day before the news came out a while back? Are you still out there?? If so, wanna help us out here again?"

That was me, and like I said elsewhere, the "star" they're courting would result in a collective "huh?"

"

Can you say if any of the names mentioned in this thread are correct? And do you know when to expect the oficial announcement? Thanks!

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#49Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 7/31/17 at 10:35am

All I keep thinking is how everyone kept saying there was a great Hedwig planned for after Taye, and that if we could only keep it running, and... well, that never seemed to pan out.

Videos