News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME at the Marquis Begins May 2023- Page 2

ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME at the Marquis Begins May 2023

OhHiii
#25ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME at the Marquis Begins May 2023
Posted: 12/1/22 at 8:30pm

BETTY22 said: "Will Britney fans show up the way ABBA fans did?

I think they will be disappointed that this is not the story of her life.
"

Think the diehard fans would probably feel a musical about her life, unless she was INTIMATELY involved in the development of the story, would be exploitative. So this may be a safer bet for the fans aspect. 

Though her life would make an excellent musical using her catalogue. 

Ke3
#26ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME at the Marquis Begins May 2023
Posted: 12/1/22 at 9:04pm

pablitonizer said: "Ke3 said: "I wonder if Britney is involved in this at all? Unless they use Work B*tch or Everytime they don't actually need her approval, but I can only imagine the bad press if she condemns it."

Yes, both are in the musical as well as 'Cinderella', 'Make Me', 'If I'm dancing', 'Passenger' among other songs written and co-written by Britney

"

Interesting that they're using songs she co-wrote that aren't as well know. Well in that case, I hope it's a smash and she bathes in the royalties for years. 

BJR Profile Photo
BJR
#27ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME at the Marquis Begins May 2023
Posted: 12/2/22 at 8:14am

With Bad Cinderella, will this be the *third* feminist revisionist retelling this season? What terrible luck for these shows.

pablitonizer
#28ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME at the Marquis Begins May 2023
Posted: 12/2/22 at 8:31am

Official website has been updated where it confirms general sale begins Monday 12/5

https://onemoretimemusical.com/

fashionguru_23 Profile Photo
fashionguru_23
#29ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME at the Marquis Begins May 2023
Posted: 12/2/22 at 9:01am

BJR said: "With Bad Cinderella, will this be the *third* feminist revisionist retelling this season? What terrible luck for these shows."

This will be the *first* feminist revisionist retelling of *next* season...but third if we make a year from when & Juliet opened. 

"Ok ok ok ok ok ok ok. Have you guys heard about fidget spinners!?" ~Patti LuPone

valebal7
#30ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME at the Marquis Begins May 2023
Posted: 12/2/22 at 9:07am

Does anyone have the password for the Brittney Fan Presale in order to buy tickets now for the show?

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#31ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME at the Marquis Begins May 2023
Posted: 12/2/22 at 9:12am

valebal7 said: "Does anyone have the password for the Brittney Fan Presale in order to buy tickets now for the show?"

I’m on her newsletter list but haven’t received anything yet. 

Sauja Profile Photo
Sauja
#32ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME at the Marquis Begins May 2023
Posted: 12/2/22 at 9:24am

I’m also hoping to find out the presale. And also didn’t get it through her newsletter. I’m curious what the price range will be. I’m also surprised they’re not waiting longer to try to get more distance from & Juliet. I have to imagine there’s overlap in the fandom and possibly in the actual songs included…

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#33ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME at the Marquis Begins May 2023
Posted: 12/2/22 at 9:29am

You can see the price range without the code. It's $79-$270 during the week, $89-$320 on the weekends,

teos
#34ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME at the Marquis Begins May 2023
Posted: 12/2/22 at 9:33am

TaffyDavenport said: "You can see the price range without the code. It's $79-$270 during the week, $89-$320 on the weekends,"

The average ticket seems to be around $170/180... I don't know what they smoke but I want some!

Updated On: 12/2/22 at 09:33 AM

ShowBro Profile Photo
ShowBro
#35ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME at the Marquis Begins May 2023
Posted: 12/2/22 at 9:53am

jacobsnchz14 said: "BETTY22 said: "Will Britney fans show up the way ABBA fans did?

I think they will be disappointed that this is not the story of her life.
"

Or how some of the original lyrics are altered to match the plot of the show... i.e. like the title.

I generally really dislike jukeboxes, but this aspect is what made this show really unique to me. I can’t think of another musical that utilizes a specific artists’ catalogue and totally changes the lyrics to fit the plot of the show. 

Yes, it looked tacky and cheap as hell in DC, but I think with different designers or a larger budget, this will fit nicely into the Marquis. It has huge potential, and they MUST keep Emily Skinner. She was totally fab in the role! Can’t wait for next May! 

Updated On: 12/2/22 at 09:53 AM

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#36ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME at the Marquis Begins May 2023
Posted: 12/2/22 at 10:05am

valebal7 said: "Does anyone have the password for the Brittney Fan Presale in order to buy tickets now for the show?"

Presale code is FANSALE

Jakeevan942
#37ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME at the Marquis Begins May 2023
Posted: 12/2/22 at 10:23am

Is Ticketmaster working strangely for anyone else with the presale for this? I cant get the seat map to load any data.

pablitonizer
#38ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME at the Marquis Begins May 2023
Posted: 12/2/22 at 10:28am

Jakeevan942 said: "Is Ticketmaster working strangely for anyone else with the presale for this? I cant get the seat map to load any data."

Yes, same here! I'll wait a bit more until it gets solved 

LeftofLinus
#39ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME at the Marquis Begins May 2023
Posted: 2/11/23 at 2:55pm

Does anyone have any insight into who is involved with this?  I know that Tristar Entertainment & Larry Rudolph have been attached in the past - I want to know if any of the people who were involved with her conservatorship are involved.  

StageJunkie2
#40ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME at the Marquis Begins May 2023
Posted: 2/11/23 at 3:37pm

Nope. Emily Skinner has joined the cast of New York, New York.

Updated On: 2/11/23 at 03:37 PM

GiantsInTheSky2 Profile Photo
GiantsInTheSky2
#41ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME at the Marquis Begins May 2023
Posted: 2/12/23 at 8:15am

LeftofLinus said: "Does anyone have any insight into who is involved with this? I know that Tristar Entertainment & Larry Rudolph have been attached in the past - I want to know if any of the people who were involved with her conservatorship are involved."

Larry was out of the picture after ‘resigning’ as her manager in 2021. I’ve tried doing some digging and I’ve found next to nothing with anyone from TriStar - mainly because it’s more about basic publishing rights than what they were controlling during her conservatorship. Multiple headline publications have made a point to mention that Britney is NOT a producer, and despite her music catalogue being used and her attending the first reading, that she has given her blessing to the production albeit during the conservatorship, which I think is an important distinction. 

I wonder if the film adaptation Sony bought the rights for still include Rudolph, since it was him and another producer that were directly overseeing that.

I am big. It’s the REVIVALS that got small.

LeftofLinus
#42ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME at the Marquis Begins May 2023
Posted: 2/12/23 at 8:27am

GiantsInTheSky2 said: "LeftofLinus said: "Does anyone have any insight into who is involved with this? I know that Tristar Entertainment & Larry Rudolph have been attached in the past - I want to know if any of the people who were involved with her conservatorship are involved."

Larry was out of the picture after ‘resigning’ as her manager in 2021. I’ve tried doing some digging and I’ve found next to nothing with anyone from TriStar - mainly because it’s more about basic publishing rights than what they were controlling during her conservatorship. Multiple headline publications have made a point to mention that Britney is NOT a producer, and despite her music catalogue being used and her attending the first reading, that she has given her blessing to the production albeit during the conservatorship, which I think is an important distinction.

I wonder if the film adaptation Sony bought the rights for still include Rudolph, since it was him and another producer that were directly overseeing that.
"

I think the blessing while in the conservatorship (and then no mention of the show from her since the bway announcement) makes me feel off about the whole thing. I LOVE Britney and am so excited for this show, but I have such pause in supporting until I know that she isn't put off by people "using her" for their profit.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#43ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME at the Marquis Begins May 2023
Posted: 2/12/23 at 10:13am

Same I’d love to know who is profiting and why they haven’t at least tried to get Britney to come on a producer. 

GiantsInTheSky2 Profile Photo
GiantsInTheSky2
#44ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME at the Marquis Begins May 2023
Posted: 2/12/23 at 12:28pm

Outside of strictly contract-required bits (like the Elton John “Hold Me Closer” that was expected to be released much later) she really is not looking to go ‘back to work’ anytime soon (and rightfully so, since she was a workhorse for her dad & had no say in her obligations or career, or even what she wore or ate for over a decade). She’s been VERY vocal as of late when it comes to people mistreating her or even professional things that she doesn’t agree with, so I feel like we would have heard if she didn’t want it to go on.

Besides, it’s not another exploitative documentary about her, they’re paying to use her catalogue in a fantasy-based show. Much less risk or reason to care, probably about as much as Mariah really cares about SLIH. She probably gets the licensing fees and that’s about it. Her decisions. 

I am big. It’s the REVIVALS that got small.

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#45ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME at the Marquis Begins May 2023
Posted: 2/12/23 at 12:41pm

RippedMan said: "Same I’d love to know who is profiting and why they haven’t at least tried to get Britney to come on a producer."

Same. I find it strange that no one knows anything about this show, who is profiting, if she's involved at all, etc. 

Updated On: 2/12/23 at 12:41 PM

theaterdrew Profile Photo
theaterdrew
#46ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME at the Marquis Begins May 2023
Posted: 2/12/23 at 1:55pm

We know the Nederlanders are producing it.  I don't think they are being any more "secretive" than any other new show where you don't get a lot of details other than the primary producers until later.  From various social media posts, it sounds like further announcements are going to be made later this month, including cast.  

Videos