Skip to main content
Shop Merch Add a Show Listing
My Shows
News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
#26

Re: OTHER DESERT CITIES 2026 Previews

MadsonMelo said: "Wonder if Janney can repeat Judith Light's Tony win? I won't be able to see this production as I'm only goin on may to NY."

She could, but one thing to note is that it's only 15 years since the original, which means a good number of these voters saw Light and still have that interpretation in their head. So, she's going to really have to go above and beyond to overcome their presumed love for and probably bias towards the original performance.

#27

Re: OTHER DESERT CITIES 2026 Previews

Auggie27 said: ". I consider Rabe's role the trickiest, with the biggest journey (it's arguably her play, ultimately). Assuming Rabe has nailed it, but would be intrigued to hear more on her approach."

I've always thought so too, about it being Brooke's play, and Elizabeth Marvel's performance from the original production is what I remember most. Because of that, it initially struck me as a bit odd to see Rabe billed last on the posters the first time I saw it, since she really is the lead, or a co-lead, though I realize it's mostly in terms of star-power/biggest names first.

I finally saw the video of the first preview curtain call on Instagram, and saw they had Rabe in the center for the bows (Harris - Louis-Dreyfus - Rabe - Janney - Keery) which does seem fitting (though Louis-Dreyfus takes the final individual bow, which also makes sense).

Updated On: 10/1/26 at 09:03 AM

#28

Re: OTHER DESERT CITIES 2026 Previews

Rabe was the best part of the Winter's Tale this summer in Central Park. Very excited to see what she can offer in ODC soon.

This cast, including Janney, who I believe will fare beautifully with her OWN take - will be wonderful.

#29

Re: OTHER DESERT CITIES 2026 Previews

For those who’ve been so far, is 2:15 an accurate running time?


"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

Latest Posts

BroadwayWorld TV


Ticket Central
Hot Show
Tickets From $58
Hot Show
Tickets From $80
Hot Show
Tickets From $67
Hot Show
Tickets From $59