News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Phillipa Soo, Andrew Burnap & Jordan Donica to Star in LCT’s CAMELOT, Spring 2023- Page 2

Phillipa Soo, Andrew Burnap & Jordan Donica to Star in LCT’s CAMELOT, Spring 2023

ElephantLoveMedley
#25Phillipa Soo, Andrew Burnap & Jordan Donica to Star in LCT’s CAMELOT, Spring 2023
Posted: 11/1/22 at 12:59pm

EDSOSLO858 said: "Lock it in, two Tony noms for Phillipa Soo next year."

I hope so! Would be truly amazing.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#26Phillipa Soo, Andrew Burnap & Jordan Donica to Star in LCT’s CAMELOT, Spring 2023
Posted: 11/1/22 at 1:06pm

or....will it lead to her not getting nominated at all?  Have we ever had the same person nominated for two different roles in the same category in a single Tony year?

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#27Phillipa Soo, Andrew Burnap & Jordan Donica to Star in LCT’s CAMELOT, Spring 2023
Posted: 11/1/22 at 1:14pm

I hope they waterproof those seats at the Beaumont.

ElephantLoveMedley
#28Phillipa Soo, Andrew Burnap & Jordan Donica to Star in LCT’s CAMELOT, Spring 2023
Posted: 11/1/22 at 1:18pm

dramamama611 said: "or....will it lead to her not getting nominated at all? Have we ever had the same person nominated for two different roles in the same category in a single Tony year?"

I’m fairly certain Cinderella would be considered a featured role where Guenevere would be considered a leading role. If this turns out to be the case, multiple nominations for a performer in one season have happened several times. 

halfhourcheckwithmerman
#29Phillipa Soo, Andrew Burnap & Jordan Donica to Star in LCT’s CAMELOT, Spring 2023
Posted: 11/1/22 at 1:22pm

Wow! Wow! WOW!

"I feel safe with you, and complete with you / I'm always finding money in the street with you." -Sheldon Harnick

SouthernCakes
#30Phillipa Soo, Andrew Burnap & Jordan Donica to Star in LCT’s CAMELOT, Spring 2023
Posted: 11/1/22 at 1:53pm

Sutton Ross said: "Jordan Donica is the kind of voice you heard like 75 years ago on Broadway. Soaring, gorgeous, sophisticated. Something from another time.

Love.
"

Couldn’t disagree more. “On the street where you live” is such a gorgeous tune and he didn’t have a soaring interesting voice at all. It felt very pedestrian. Happy to give him another shot but he made zero impression. I’d rather have someone like Joshua Henry 

jagman1062 Profile Photo
jagman1062
#31Phillipa Soo, Andrew Burnap & Jordan Donica to Star in LCT’s CAMELOT, Spring 2023
Posted: 11/1/22 at 1:53pm

binau said: "Phillipa Soo is quickly emerging as a 'next generation' Broadway superstar a la Bernadette, Patti, Sutton, Audra etc. (if she hasn't already solidified that place). Maybe I am forgetting people but I can't really easily think of others who have her status right now at such a young age."

I think Kelli O'Hara started coming into her own around age 30, similar to Soo. The Pajama Game launched her career as a leading lady when she was 30. Coincidentally, O'Hara is the same age as Stephen Pasquale, Soo's husband. 

I knew Donica had the lock on Lancelot, but Burnap and Soo are nice surprises for me. I'm really looking forward to seeing this production come spring.

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#32Phillipa Soo, Andrew Burnap & Jordan Donica to Star in LCT’s CAMELOT, Spring 2023
Posted: 11/1/22 at 1:59pm

Ooo we're making Camelot sexy eh.

I know it was always a long shot and not actually announced (possibly not even planned), but Soo being in this means Guys & Dolls revival from Kennedy Center is likely not coming in, or getting recast slightly if it does. 

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#33Phillipa Soo, Andrew Burnap & Jordan Donica to Star in LCT’s CAMELOT, Spring 2023
Posted: 11/1/22 at 2:02pm

Couldn’t disagree more. “On the street where you live” is such a gorgeous tune and he didn’t have a soaring interesting voice at all. It felt very pedestrian. Happy to give him another shot but he made zero impression. I’d rather have someone like Joshua Henry"

It's my opinion, many share it, and that video clearly shows what I'm talking about. I also attended the show, several times. If you actually saw the show, feel free to have a different opinion. He's perfect for this part. 

broadway86 Profile Photo
broadway86
#34Phillipa Soo, Andrew Burnap & Jordan Donica to Star in LCT’s CAMELOT, Spring 2023
Posted: 11/1/22 at 2:04pm

Burnap gave one of the greatest stage performances I've ever seen in The Inheritance. So excited to see him in such a completely different context.

UWS10023 Profile Photo
UWS10023
#35Phillipa Soo, Andrew Burnap & Jordan Donica to Star in LCT’s CAMELOT, Spring 2023
Posted: 11/1/22 at 2:15pm

EDSOSLO858 said: "Lock it in, two Tony noms for Phillipa Soo next year."

I thought the same thing. She was enchanting in Inti The Woods. Congrats to the cast.

Dolly80
#36Phillipa Soo, Andrew Burnap & Jordan Donica to Star in LCT’s CAMELOT, Spring 2023
Posted: 11/1/22 at 2:21pm

Good casting, but I’m very disappointed by some of the creatives. Never heard of the costume or lighting designers , and it smacks of ticking boxes to me. Hope I’m wrong.

imeldasturn Profile Photo
imeldasturn
#37Phillipa Soo, Andrew Burnap & Jordan Donica to Star in LCT’s CAMELOT, Spring 2023
Posted: 11/1/22 at 2:24pm

I hope they keep "I loved him once in silence"

Dylan Smith4 Profile Photo
Dylan Smith4
#38Phillipa Soo, Andrew Burnap & Jordan Donica to Star in LCT’s CAMELOT, Spring 2023
Posted: 11/1/22 at 2:33pm

Damn! The Spring is gonna be full of high-class shows! From "New York, New York", to a rumored BWAY transfer of "Parade", to Groban in Sweeney, and now this! I am so excited for this!

The idea is to work and to experiment. Some things will be creatively successful, some things will succeed at the box office, and some things will only - which is the biggest only - teach you things that see the future. And they're probably as valuable as any of your successes. -Harold Prince

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#39Phillipa Soo, Andrew Burnap & Jordan Donica to Star in LCT’s CAMELOT, Spring 2023
Posted: 11/1/22 at 2:38pm

jkcohen626 said: "THIRTY-PIECE ORCHESTRA HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!"

Not a fan of the show, but I'd see it just for that.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

VintageSnarker
#40Phillipa Soo, Andrew Burnap & Jordan Donica to Star in LCT’s CAMELOT, Spring 2023
Posted: 11/1/22 at 2:43pm

SouthernCakes said: "Couldn’t disagree more. “On the street where you live” is such a gorgeous tune and he didn’t have a soaring interesting voice at all. It felt very pedestrian. Happy to give him another shot but he made zero impression. I’d rather have someone like Joshua Henry"

Yeah, I preferred Christian Dante White. But I'm open to being pleasantly surprised. Burnap feels like a bigger name fell through but I'm hoping they'll make the most of having a young cast. If only they could change that art. 

sppunk
#41Phillipa Soo, Andrew Burnap & Jordan Donica to Star in LCT’s CAMELOT, Spring 2023
Posted: 11/1/22 at 2:43pm

Apologies if I mixed it, but any date when tickets go on sale for LC members? This is a must-buy for me. 

SouthernCakes
#42Phillipa Soo, Andrew Burnap & Jordan Donica to Star in LCT’s CAMELOT, Spring 2023
Posted: 11/1/22 at 2:58pm

Sutton Ross said: "Couldn’t disagree more. “On the street where you live” is such a gorgeous tune and he didn’t have a soaring interesting voice at all. It felt very pedestrian. Happy to give him another shot but he made zero impression. I’d rather have someone like Joshua Henry"

It's my opinion, many share it, and that video clearly shows what I'm talking about. I also attended the show, several times. If you actually saw the show, feel free to have a different opinion. He's perfect for this part.
"

Saw the show. He made no impact. Listen to the recording. He made no impact. There was no soaring vocals. His top notes were weak. Guess you heard what you wanted to hear. 

I don’t really trust a lot of Sher’s casting in general. Didn’t think Ambrose was great and saw the show on tour and felt the whole cast was lacking there as well. 

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#43Phillipa Soo, Andrew Burnap & Jordan Donica to Star in LCT’s CAMELOT, Spring 2023
Posted: 11/1/22 at 3:21pm

Lolz. Nah, he soars but I guess you hear what you want to hear especially as a person who came to NYC looking to be an actor, failed and left during Covid. I'd feel bitter too. 

Perspectives. How interesting. Do agree with you on Lauren though. She could barely sing due to her being sick that week but she refused to just allow her understudy to do it. Yikes. 

inception Profile Photo
inception
#44Phillipa Soo, Andrew Burnap & Jordan Donica to Star in LCT’s CAMELOT, Spring 2023
Posted: 11/1/22 at 3:29pm

Any info re on sale dates yet?  

My credit card is burning a hole in my pocket

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#45Phillipa Soo, Andrew Burnap & Jordan Donica to Star in LCT’s CAMELOT, Spring 2023
Posted: 11/1/22 at 3:30pm

Tickets go on sale next Sunday, the 13th.

Oh look, a bibu!

RWPrincess
#46Phillipa Soo, Andrew Burnap & Jordan Donica to Star in LCT’s CAMELOT, Spring 2023
Posted: 11/1/22 at 4:02pm

sppunk said: "Apologies if I mixed it, but any date when tickets go on sale for LC members? This is a must-buy for me."

November 9

TheatreMonkey Profile Photo
TheatreMonkey
#47Phillipa Soo, Andrew Burnap & Jordan Donica to Star in LCT’s CAMELOT, Spring 2023
Posted: 11/1/22 at 4:30pm

jkcohen626 said: "THIRTY-PIECE ORCHESTRA HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!"

They may be taking "magic" out of the story, but that's a whole other type of magic they can't contain!

The Distinctive Baritone Profile Photo
The Distinctive Baritone
#48Phillipa Soo, Andrew Burnap & Jordan Donica to Star in LCT’s CAMELOT, Spring 2023
Posted: 11/1/22 at 5:45pm

I feel kinda bad for Ashley Park. Wasn't she Guinevere in the workshop? This feels like she was passed over for someone with "name recognition," which is especially silly since only theatre people know or care who Phillipa Soo is.

Interesting that Himesh Patel isn't Arthur, since that was the rumor. As often happens, I imagine he was offered the role but a film or TV show offered him way more money.

SouthernCakes
#49Phillipa Soo, Andrew Burnap & Jordan Donica to Star in LCT’s CAMELOT, Spring 2023
Posted: 11/1/22 at 5:50pm

Sutton Ross said: "Lolz. Nah, he soars but I guess you hear what you want to hear especially as a person who came to NYC looking to be an actor, failed and left during Covid. I'd feel bitter too.

Perspectives. How interesting. Do agree with you on Lauren though. She could barely sing due to her being sick that week but she refused to just allow her understudy to do it. Yikes.
"

Re read what you just posted and tell me who is better. I give flowers where they are due. He did not soar and was vocally underwhelming. Happy to give people props where they are due. I’ll wait for his vocals in Camelot but not holding my breath. Prefer a bigger sounding voice. 

All this casting feels very safe and uninteresting to me. 

Videos