News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Radcliffe, Groff, and Mendez star in MERRILY - Reviews & News Thread- Page 7

Radcliffe, Groff, and Mendez star in MERRILY - Reviews & News Thread

spicemonkey
#150Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 8/18/22 at 6:51pm

akhoya87 and NYfanfromCA - thanks for the info - very helpful.

I live in NYC

guess I will just wait for next week to book my ticket. 

sondheimfan2 Profile Photo
sondheimfan2
#151Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 8/18/22 at 6:53pm

Just ordered my ticket for 12/20. Couldn't be more excited!!

ImAProphet
#152Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 8/18/22 at 7:46pm

I wonder what the rush will be like, given the limited eligibility. I bet it's still insane.

cjmclaughlin10
#153Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 8/18/22 at 8:10pm

Afiew thoughts 

1. As a Tourist with limited availability, this morning’s early booking period was a blessing. I can now plan around this show and save on other areas of the trip (air fair, hotels&hellipConfirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW by booking earlier than I would otherwise. I also saved 20% on my guest tickets (2 guest tickets as opposed to 1 was the clincher in my decision to spring for the premiere membership as opposed to the standard) and got fantastic seats 

2. When I called NYTW to get the run down on how the tiered pricing and early availability worked, the representative told me that NYTW is making a considerable effort to have availability for most performances at the time they go on sale to the GP in September. 

im sure the purchasing process will be hectic, but I am confident that standard members will find decent availability at most performances when their access period begins. 

bwaydreamer
#154Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 8/18/22 at 8:25pm

Yea definitely know the show, but as they will be playing 20 year olds by the end I think it's a bit of a stretch. I don't know who is buying Lindsey Mendez as a 20 year old.  

AllThatJazz2
#155Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 8/18/22 at 10:50pm

If you have a membership but are traveling with a group, can you buy all seats for your group on one membership or does each person need one? I’ll be traveling with a group of four (myself and three others) and we’re trying to decide the best course of action here. 

Lauren2
#156Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 8/19/22 at 12:35am

Can you buy multiple tickets as a member? Me and my friend are dying to see this and was wondering if a member could buy tickets for us. 

Play  Esq. Profile Photo
Play Esq.
#157Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 8/19/22 at 8:21am

At least for my level of membership, I could only purchase two with an option to purchase more at a later date. 

rkade21
#158Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 8/19/22 at 12:29pm

akhoya87 said: "AllThatJazz2 said: "What’s the price range for tickets? I know the release said starting at $145."

All tickets are showing up as $149 for me. Oddly enough, availability seems to be worst in January?
"

Re: January, no idea if this is a cause, but as someone whose partner and usual 2nd ticket seatmate will be slammed with Nutcracker rehearsals and performances until after Christmas… January is my likely target but I am fearful of the seasonal holiday COVID spike potentially causing havoc for performances and a little weary of not getting an earlier run performance.

i am not a nytw member (despite living in the east village for 4 years until recently, shame on me) and am not dying to see any show but this, so am not sure if I want to spend the $275+ I recall seeing for memberships. Are there other benefits you all can share to help me decide?

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#159Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 8/19/22 at 1:00pm

rkade21 said: "akhoya87 said: "AllThatJazz2 said: "What’s the price range for tickets? I know the release said starting at $145."

All tickets are showing up as $149 for me. Oddly enough, availability seems to be worst in January?
"

Re: January, no idea if this is a cause, but as someone whose partner and usual 2nd ticket seatmate will be slammed with Nutcracker rehearsals and performances until after Christmas… January is my likely target but I am fearful of the seasonal holiday COVID spike potentially causing havoc for performances and a little weary of not getting an earlier run performance.

i am not a nytw member (despite living in the east village for 4 years until recently, shame on me) and am not dying to see any show but this, so am not sure if I want to spend the $275+ I recall seeing for memberships. Are there other benefits you all can share to help me decide?
"

If you don't subscribe, you'll be paying $150 for Merrily, so the extra $125 you'd spend to join for early access could probably be made up easily by selling your member ticket to Three Sisters. 

Play  Esq. Profile Photo
Play Esq.
#160Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 8/19/22 at 2:57pm

But Three Sisters has the potential to be incredible (Gold’s recent track record aside of course&hellipConfirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW! That was one of the main reasons I subscribed in 2019 and was elated to see it on deck for this season!

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#161Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 8/19/22 at 3:00pm

They said they weren't dying to see any of the other shows this season, so that's why I mentioned that option.

Updated On: 8/19/22 at 03:00 PM

LexiGirl Profile Photo
LexiGirl
#162Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 8/19/22 at 4:02pm

I don’t know if anyone else here is having this problem upgrading their membership… I purchased the cross-season full membership earlier this year, so it’s apparently more complex to upgrade those memberships. They are keeping a list of people in the same boat while they try to figure it out. May just be resigned to waiting until next Wednesday, but I am a little concerned because I will be traveling most of that day and have already booked flights/hotel to NYC for December. Oh well, luckily flights can be easily changed these days and my hotel is cancellable.

OuttaTowner
#163Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 8/19/22 at 6:15pm

Am in the same boat. Was recommended by one of their associates to upgrade earlier in the week - but didn’t get around to calling back to do so until today. The girl who answered said she didn’t know how to do that - and that her supervisor would contact me this afternoon to help. Well - no call or email, and they’re now closed until Monday. I’m not hopeful that we’ll get this resolved before Wednesday. 

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#164Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 8/19/22 at 6:21pm

@OuttaTowner - can you clarify the "recommendation" you received from the NYTW associate? Were they just up-selling, or did they suggest that there might be some risk by not upgrading? What I'm getting at is: did they imply that there might not be enough tickets for regular subscribers?

OuttaTowner
#165Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 8/19/22 at 7:33pm

I had to give up one set of seats from last season and rearrange this year’s first show due to travel requirements for my job. I was expressing to the associate that I hoped I could nail down some seats for Merrily but only had a few dates that worked due to upcoming travel during their run.

She suggested that upgrading to premiere status would give me the earliest shot at the dates I’m available.

She never indicated that there would not be enough seats for members, but I suppose that’s not out of the realm of possibility. 

Hamilfan2
#166Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 8/19/22 at 8:21pm

I purchased the SmartPass and will not be able to get my tickets until 8/31- seeing all the regular members who get their tickets next week is making me very nervous about availability lol

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#167Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 8/19/22 at 9:29pm

Despite what I said in my previous post, I don't actually think tickets will run out before the general public on-sale date - let alone before the remaining subscriber base can get them. As much as that always feels like a risk with really hot tickets, has anyone ever heard of instance where that actually happens?

LexiGirl Profile Photo
LexiGirl
#168Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 8/19/22 at 9:35pm

The small print on their membership page does say the following, so hopefully they are making sure that there aren’t more memberships than possible tickets:

“Membership tickets are guaranteed through the priority booking period, but are subject to availability once tickets are made available to the general public. We encourage you to take advantage of the priority booking period to choose from the full menu of performance dates and seating options.”

KJisgroovy Profile Photo
KJisgroovy
#169Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 8/19/22 at 9:37pm

While anything is possible, please keep in mind they limit the amount of Memberships and Flexpasses sold. Please also keep in mind one thread on BroadwayWorld is not indicative of general interest despite how it might feel. 

It's EXTREMELY unlikely that anyone will have trouble booking tickets before the general on-sale. The very BEST seats might not be available to you but you shouldn't have trouble if you have a handful of dates available. They've been doing this for awhile and I think at this point they know what they're doing. 

Jesus saves. I spend.

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#170Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 8/24/22 at 12:01pm

Website crashed right as subscriber tickets were about to go onsale. 

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#171Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 8/24/22 at 12:04pm

I’m trying too. Ugh.

RestingOtter
#172Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 8/24/22 at 12:06pm

I was able to buy tickets by refreshing every time it crashed.  Eventually got through to checkout.

Anshel2 Profile Photo
Anshel2
#173Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 8/24/22 at 12:07pm

I got through no issue.  Booked for 12/10!

chatuchak678
#174Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 8/24/22 at 12:10pm

Went through easier than imagined. Got a first row seat on a weekend!

Videos