News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Radcliffe, Groff, and Mendez star in MERRILY - Reviews & News Thread- Page 8

Radcliffe, Groff, and Mendez star in MERRILY - Reviews & News Thread

Square Peg2
#175Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 8/24/22 at 12:13pm

I'm still having trouble. 

Every now and then when I click Refresh the page will load, but the Priority Booking page won't load any dates.

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#176Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 8/24/22 at 12:14pm

Square Peg2 said: "I'm still having trouble.

Every now and then when I click Refresh the page will load, but the Priority Booking page won't load any dates.
"

Same here Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW

Owen22
#177Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 8/24/22 at 12:18pm

Now back to the 500 error message...

BroadwayLuv2 Profile Photo
BroadwayLuv2
#178Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 8/24/22 at 12:18pm

I was able to get through.  Just had to keep refreshing.  Was kind of disappointed in the seat selection.  I'm guessing they are holding seats back for future releases.  

round2 Profile Photo
round2
#179Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 8/24/22 at 12:20pm

I get in now, after many, MANY error messages, but it doesn't show a choice of dates.

alexidarling15
#180Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 8/24/22 at 12:21pm

I'm getting the same - says "priority booking" but won't load. You'd think they would have anticipated this....

BroadwayGuy12 Profile Photo
BroadwayGuy12
#181Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 8/24/22 at 12:21pm

I lost track of how many times I had to hit refresh, but I finally got through and booked my ticket for early December. This is easily my most anticipated show of the season - Merrily is my favorite musical and Groff is one of my favorite actors. I already feel that it's worth the $285 I spent on the membership, although I'll probably now try and see everything NYTW is producing this season to really make it worth my while. Here's hoping they're able to retain at least some of the cast members announced for Three Sisters back in 2020!

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#182Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 8/24/22 at 12:24pm

I finally got through!

Owen22
#183Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 8/24/22 at 12:27pm

At least made it into the phone box office queue...

Square Peg2
#184Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 8/24/22 at 12:30pm

All my refreshing finally paid off! Phew! And just in time for my Chipotle to be delivered...

pieohmy
#185Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 8/24/22 at 12:30pm

I got a voicemail when I tried the phone. They are definitely overwhelmed over there.... I finally got through after constant refreshing and blindly picked a seat on my first choice of dates. I cynically expected another error message when I clicked "No, I don't want to donate" at checkout :) 

alexidarling15
#186Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 8/24/22 at 12:35pm

For everyone still trying from a computer -- try from your phone too. I always forget that often works and I got in almost right away. Meanwhile it's still crashed on my laptop.

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#187Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 8/24/22 at 12:40pm

Took me a bunch of tries, and a lot of finagling, but finally got my ticket!! 

round2 Profile Photo
round2
#188Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 8/24/22 at 12:40pm

Took 36 minutes of trying, but finally got through. Not a lot left, on my date (Dec. 10 matinee) at least.

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#189Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 8/24/22 at 12:44pm

I agree you should try from multiple devices, but aware that if you put a ticket in your cart on 1 device, and then it crashes, you won’t be able to get your “free” subscriber ticket on another device until you find away to delete the 1st one from your cart on the first device. It’ll say it’s $129, because it thinks it’s your 2nd ticket. If that happens, you just have to hope you can get your 1st device to load long enough to either get that first ticket  in your cart, or delete it from your cart. 

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#190Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 8/24/22 at 12:47pm

I helped a friend who was having trouble by continually refreshing the error pages as they popped up at each step. Eventually, the system pushed me along to where I needed to be.

Updated On: 8/24/22 at 12:47 PM

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#191Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 8/24/22 at 1:40pm

It's EXTREMELY unlikely that anyone will have trouble booking tickets before the general on-sale

Underestimating this interest in this show and cast was unfortunate for everyone today. 

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#192Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 8/25/22 at 1:05pm

If anyone is curious, like me, about the current ticket availability - It’s 24 hours since tickets went on-sale to subscribers, and I’m assuming they’re holding back some tickets for the general public. But this is roughly what it looks like now, for subscriber tickets:

1st week: lots of availability, presumably because it’s Thanksgiving week

2nd week: extremely well sold. Only wheelchair-accessible tickets available, plus a couple of scattered singles.

3rd week: Same as 2nd week. Almost sold out.

4th week: first week doing a Wednesday matinee (1pn), which has decent availability. Some scattered seats on other days, but again pretty well sold.

5th week: Christmas week, a lot of tickets available

6th week: b/w Christmas and New Years. Again, a lot of availability for most of the week.

7th week: still good availability in the first half of the week, but the weekend is pretty well-sold.

Moral of the story, I guess: there's a potential leg up for people who are around for the holidays.

BCfitasafiddle
#193Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 8/25/22 at 6:30pm

Decided to just get a membership. Merrily ticket secured! Can't wait. 

Looking forward to the other shows of the season too.

ren598
#194Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 8/25/22 at 7:05pm

BCfitasafiddle said: "Decided to just get a membership. Merrily ticket secured! Can't wait.

Looking forward to the other shows of the season too.
"

Now I wish I had done the same.   Looks like the only membership available is $1750.  All the cheaper memberships are sold out.  I’m kind of surprised that they had a cap on memberships.  I would think they would want to have as many members as possible.

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#195Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 8/25/22 at 7:24pm

ren598 said: "Now I wish I had done the same. Looks like the only membership available is $1750. All the cheaper memberships are sold out. I’m kind of surprised that they had a cap on memberships. I would think they would want to have as many members as possible."

Pretty much any membership/subscription based theatre usually has a cap on these things. It's similar to when Hamilton first went out on the road - there was a cap on the number of season subscriptions that could be sold in most markets. This is to allow some availability for single ticket buyers.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#196Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 8/25/22 at 10:46pm

In empirical terms, yes it’s better for them if they sell more subscriptions. But I think in a more abstract way, they probably feel like it’ll be a nightmare to deal with so many angry people, and also not great optics, if there are no tickets available to the public. 

sm33 Profile Photo
sm33
#197Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 8/31/22 at 12:18pm

I was a bit worried from the previous reports, but Smartpass booking went smoothly for me this morning! I had to jump back and forth between a few days to find seats that I liked, but I managed to get front row for late December. 

whatever2
#198Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 8/31/22 at 12:23pm

so SmartPass presale started today at 12n.

I no longer live in or near the city, so workable dates for me are limited. (i'll note NYTW touts one of the SmartPass' benefits as being "great for out-of-towners." ) for the seven performances i will be in NYC during the run, the only thing available at *any* of them was wheelchair-adaptable seating. i felt a little uncomfortable booking them, but it was genuinely that or nothing. fwiw, i went back in after completing my transaction (which went smoothly) and all of those wheelchair seats were gone -- guess other SmartPass holders faced the same dilemma.

"You, sir, are a moron." (PlayItAgain)
Updated On: 8/31/22 at 12:23 PM

JSquared2
#199Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 8/31/22 at 12:43pm

whatever2 said: "so SmartPass presale started today at 12n.

I no longer live in or near the city, so workable dates for me are limited. (i'll note NYTW touts one of the SmartPass' benefits as being "great for out-of-towners." ) for the seven performances i will be in NYC during the run, the only thing available at *any* of them was wheelchair-adaptable seating. i felt a little uncomfortable booking them, but it was genuinely that or nothing. fwiw, i went back in after completing my transaction (which went smoothly) and all of those wheelchair seats were gone -- guess other SmartPass holders faced the same dilemma.
"

I'm pretty sure you either need to be in a wheelchair (or be a companion to someone in a wheelchair) to use those seats.  Also -- those seats are clearly marked "Wheelchair accessible"  NOT "Wheelchair "adaptable"".  

Update:  Per NYTW, unless you plan on showing up in a wheelchair, you will not be permitted to use those seats.  

Updated On: 8/31/22 at 12:43 PM

Videos