News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Radcliffe, Groff, and Mendez star in MERRILY - Reviews & News Thread- Page 9

Radcliffe, Groff, and Mendez star in MERRILY - Reviews & News Thread

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#200Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 8/31/22 at 1:28pm

whatever2 said: "so SmartPass presale started today at 12n.

I no longer live in or near the city, so workable dates for me are limited. (i'll note NYTW touts one of the SmartPass' benefits as being "great for out-of-towners." ) for the seven performances i will be in NYC during the run, the only thing available at *any* of them was wheelchair-adaptable seating. i felt a little uncomfortable booking them, but it was genuinely that or nothing. fwiw, i went back in after completing my transaction (which went smoothly) and all of those wheelchair seats were gone -- guess other SmartPass holders faced the same dilemma.
"

What…are you going to do when you get to the theatre?

whatever2
#201Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 8/31/22 at 1:52pm

> What…are you going to do when you get to the theatre?

I thought i'd sit down.

seriously, there are seats in the places i've booked; it's not the type of space where the seat has been removed to accommodate a wheelchair.

"You, sir, are a moron." (PlayItAgain)

JasonC3
#202Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 8/31/22 at 2:17pm

I appreciate how SeatGeek offers this popup prompt if you attempt to purchase an accessible seat or its companion:

"Before You Buy: Accessible Tickets

Please ensure you have read, understood, and agreed to the following before proceeding to your purchase: Tickets for accessible seats (i.e., seats to accommodate wheelchairs and companion seats) are intended solely for individuals with disabilities and their companions. By purchasing a ticket for an accessible seat, you represent and warrant that either you and/or one or more of your companions require the accessible seat features. SeatGeek reserves the right to investigate and/or cancel orders if there is any suspected misuse of accessible seating and take legal action against individuals who fraudulently purchase tickets for accessible seats. In addition the venue where the event will take place may redirect you and your party to non-accessible seats if you do not require such accommodations. Clicking on the Continue to Checkout button or otherwise purchasing accessible seats shall certify your assent to these terms."

TheatreMonkey Profile Photo
TheatreMonkey
#203Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 8/31/22 at 2:18pm

whatever2 said: ">What…are you going to do when you get to the theatre?

I thought i'd sit down.

seriously, there are seats in the places i've booked; it's not the type of space where the seat has been removed to accommodate a wheelchair.
"

Then...if it's for people in a wheelchair, where would the wheelchair go? The only instance I can think of something like this being "a thing" is if they are ADA companion seats -- but those are only to be sold with an ADA seat. When building a seating map, back when I used to do it, you had to specifically mark these out; and even though they were unrestricted online, the expectation was only those who truly needed them would purchase them. 

hollebolle
#204Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 8/31/22 at 2:29pm

TheatreMonkey said: "Then...if it's for people in a wheelchair, where would the wheelchair go? The only instance I can think of something like this being "a thing" is if they are ADA companion seats -- but those are only to be sold with an ADA seat. When building a seating map, back when I used to do it, you had to specifically mark these out; and even though they were unrestricted online, the expectation was only those who truly needed them would purchase them."

They are removable seats. See the Wheelchair Storage section here: https://www.nytw.org/community/plan-your-visit/ 

JSquared2
#205Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 8/31/22 at 2:31pm

whatever2 said: ">What…are you going to do when you get to the theatre?

I thought i'd sit down.

"

That's exactly what it is --- the type of space where the seats are removable in order to accommodate wheelchairs.  

TheatreMonkey Profile Photo
TheatreMonkey
#206Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 8/31/22 at 2:40pm

hollebolle said: "TheatreMonkey said: "Then...if it's for people in a wheelchair, where would the wheelchair go? The only instance I can think of something like this being "a thing" is if they are ADA companion seats -- but those are only to be sold with an ADA seat. When building a seating map, back when I used to do it, you had to specifically mark these out; and even though they were unrestricted online, the expectation was only those who truly needed them would purchase them."

They are removable seats. See the Wheelchair Storage section here:https://www.nytw.org/community/plan-your-visit/
"

Fantastic. I was merely relating my understanding of ADA seating (generally, not specifically to NYTW) with a bit of a silly joke to break the ice. Besides, the crux of my point was removable or not, unless you need an ADA seat, you shouldn't purchase one. 

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#207Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 8/31/22 at 2:54pm

Realistically, with demand for this show being so high, NYTW knows that not everyone booking those seats needs the accessibility, particularly the ones who buy just the companion seats. I don't see NYTW pressing the issue, but I think the poster definitely overshared by saying they bought them, and, generally, that's not the kind of thing you want to admit on this board.

Updated On: 8/31/22 at 02:54 PM

KJisgroovy Profile Photo
KJisgroovy
#208Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 8/31/22 at 7:04pm

An ADA seat doesn't need to go unsold if there are no other seats available. It's actually part of the guidelines outlined in by ADA National Network. If there are no other seats available, available at that price point, or available in that section, anyone should be able to purchase accessible tickets. 

The point isn't to keep seats open just in case someone in a wheelchair wants to buy a ticket at the last minute. HOWEVER. If you're in an accessible seat and someone who has a ticket DOES need that seat, you get booted to a different seat no questions asked. Unless, I suppose, you lie at that point and say that you require the accessible seat. 

There are lots of reasons people need accessible seats and there are lots of different kinds of accessible seats. My sister is in a wheelchair and can't transfer so needs a seat taken out. My husband is legally blind and we often buy low-vision seats. Sometimes folk get injured after they buy tickets, sometimes folk recover from an injury sooner than expected and no longer need their accessible seat. 

In almost all cases, the theater will reach out to you and ask if you need the seat removed. Tell them you do not and that you purchased the seats because they were all they had available and that you will gladly relocate if the seat is needed on the day of the performance. 

Jesus saves. I spend.

whatever2
#209Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 9/1/22 at 3:34pm

Thanks, KJ ... i also called the box office and their reply tracks with what you've said.

"You, sir, are a moron." (PlayItAgain)

schubox
#210Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 9/5/22 at 7:21pm

I’m sure this was asked or discussed but I didn’t see it, is there any chance this transfers to Broadway? Planning a spring trip and trying to get a list together 

Ke3
#211Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 9/5/22 at 8:07pm

schubox said: "I’m sure this was asked or discussed but I didn’t see it, is there any chance this transfers to Broadway? Planning a spring trip and trying to get a list together"

All reports suggest it is aiming to go to Broadway after the initial run at NYTW. I'm assuming NYTW is serving as a testing ground of sorts.

schubox
#212Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 9/5/22 at 8:11pm

Ke3 said: "schubox said: "I’m sure this was asked or discussed but I didn’t see it, is there any chance this transfers to Broadway? Planning a spring trip and trying to get a list together"

All reports suggest it is aiming to go to Broadway after the initial run at NYTW. I'm assuming NYTW is serving as a testing ground of sorts.
"

That’s what I figured. Thanks 

Alex M Profile Photo
Alex M
#213Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 9/14/22 at 3:25pm

Extension and Lottery info!

https://playbill.com/article/nytw-extends-merrily-we-roll-along-starring-jonathan-groff-lindsay-mendez-and-daniel-radcliffe?fbclid=IwAR3yjsfCLuuW5UYUavYHwFdaUwNlLRYiAfEesbXk7Vb8hJB0NVhtNHC2y7I

Updated On: 9/14/22 at 03:25 PM

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#215Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 9/16/22 at 1:25pm

Public on sale date moved to Oct 3rd at noon.

gleek4114 Profile Photo
gleek4114
#216Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 9/16/22 at 3:32pm

If anyone has special access and might be able to help me try for a single ticket before the 3rd… I would be eternally grateful.

stuckersmith
#217Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 9/25/22 at 3:51pm

deleted

Updated On: 9/25/22 at 03:51 PM

halfhourcheckwithmerman
#218Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 9/25/22 at 4:28pm

any rumors/guesses on further casting? gussie, beth, etc

"I feel safe with you, and complete with you / I'm always finding money in the street with you." -Sheldon Harnick

corthomas
#219Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 9/25/22 at 4:37pm

If anyone has access I’d be forever grateful for 2 tix…can be flexible and have Venmo! PM me if you’re feeling like the nicest person ever!

halfhourcheckwithmerman
#220Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 9/25/22 at 5:38pm

For those who do have special access, how scarce is the remaining seating? 

"I feel safe with you, and complete with you / I'm always finding money in the street with you." -Sheldon Harnick

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#221Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 9/25/22 at 5:49pm

halfhourcheckwithmerman said: "For those who do have special access, how scarce is the remaining seating?"

Basically, there's no availability until December 21, then seating opens up for the 2 holiday weeks, becomes scarce again the first week in January, and ends with plenty of options for the extension.

halfhourcheckwithmerman
#222Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 9/25/22 at 5:50pm

Thanks so much. 

inception Profile Photo
inception
#223Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 9/25/22 at 6:49pm

I don't understand why, if they want to take this to Broadway, they don't just take it to Broadway with those stars?

BoringBoredBoard40
#224Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 9/25/22 at 11:12pm

because the show has never worked and if you have the oppritunity to test it out on a smaller scale with a non-profit before dropping like 15 million dollars on a Broadway run, thats the smart idea

Videos