News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]- Page 34

The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]

Sam2
#825The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 6/6/16 at 4:55pm

I assume that Soo was asked to be in The Great Comet, but since she was probably offered something better in this massive Hamilton hype, she decided to turn the offer down. Curious to see what else is in store for her next, though.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#826The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 6/6/16 at 5:13pm

Who knows if they asked her or not?   It doesn't really matter.   (the woman playing from the ART is pretty wonderful, and plays younger than Soo.)

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#827The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 6/6/16 at 6:06pm

Well I mean I assume they asked everyone from the original off-Broadway production, since they are all going to be in the upcoming Broadway production except Dave Malloy and Phillipa Soo. Dave I understand, since Josh Groban is a huge name. I think Sam2 is probably correct in that they asked and she declined, which is why I think it took so long for them to announce that Denee would be reprising her ART role as Natasha. I saw a video of her singing No One Else (at Broadway Con perhaps?) and I like her, but I think it would have been great for her to return.

but you're right, mama, it doesn't really matter. I just wish I could have seen her in the role.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

MrsSallyAdams Profile Photo
MrsSallyAdams
#828The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 6/8/16 at 10:48am

The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]

At first I was going for a "Schoolhouse Rock" style. I ended up with something closer to Chibi style.

http://threepanelmusicals.blogspot.com/2016/06/hamilton.html

threepanelmusicals.blogspot.com
Updated On: 6/8/16 at 10:48 AM

Ellen2
#829The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 6/8/16 at 12:18pm

"Me, I died for him"   

Is that Philip Hamilton or John Laurens talking?

sarahb22 Profile Photo
sarahb22
#830The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 6/8/16 at 12:24pm

Ellen2 said: ""Me, I died for him"   

"

Since same actor plays both parts and speaks that line, both. The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]

Ellen2
#831The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 6/8/16 at 12:53pm

sarahb22 said: "Ellen2 said: ""Me, I died for him"   

"

Since same actor plays both parts and speaks that line, both. The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]

"

Of course!  Thank you. I hadn't even thought of it that way. 

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#832The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 6/8/16 at 12:56pm

just like how "we fought with him" is spoken by Lafayette, Mulligan, Jefferson and Madison. the first two being they fought alongside him, the second two against him. pretty clever stuff.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#833The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 6/8/16 at 1:07pm

I wish I'd see her as well!  (Soo in Natasha, et al.)

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Ellen2
#834The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 6/8/16 at 4:37pm

gypsy101 said: "just like how "we fought with him" is spoken by Lafayette, Mulligan, Jefferson and Madison. the first two being they fought alongside him, the second two against him. pretty clever stuff.

"

It is nice to find out/read/hear/about things like this and discover more and more about the show. Ben Franklin, the key and the kite is another thing googled recently. 

thirtythirtyninety Profile Photo
thirtythirtyninety
gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#836The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 6/8/16 at 5:20pm

Did everyone see this wonderful pamphlet a collection of artists did as a gift for the cast and crew? and for some foolish reason (maybe something about artistic integrity?? idgi) they aren't going to sell to the multitudes who would buy it (I know I would)

schubox
#837The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 6/8/16 at 6:17pm

thirtythirtyninety said: ""Wait For It" a capella 360  https://www.facebook.com/CBS/videos/10153697913653997/?pnref=story

"

This is real good

Showface
#838The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 6/8/16 at 6:50pm

Question:

How is the tour going to work out? I know it's doing runs in Chicago, San Fransisco, and LA, but it seems like these are longer lastiing runs. Are there going to be multiple productions of the show? One running in Chicago, one in LA, and one that actually tours across the country, or what?

Sorry if this is a stupid question, I'm just a little confused. :)

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#839The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 6/8/16 at 6:55pm

There will be two different companies: one tour and one sit-down in Chicago.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt
Updated On: 6/8/16 at 06:55 PM

Showface
#840The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 6/8/16 at 6:56pm

Also, check out the new CBS promo for the Tonys--they're DEFINITELY advertising this as the HamilTonys! Lol

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#841The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 6/8/16 at 6:58pm

Showface said: "Also, check out the new CBS promo for the Tonys--they're DEFINITELY advertising this as the HamilTonys! Lol"

My favorite reaction: 

https://twitter.com/kealasettle/status/740532204124672001

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

franch2
#842The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 6/8/16 at 11:24pm

anyone with Tony Sunday tickets? slightly nervous about having three understudies switching off for all the roles D:

schubox
#843The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 6/8/16 at 11:27pm

franch2 said: "anyone with Tony Sunday tickets? slightly nervous about having three understudies switching off for all the roles D:

"

Other than Lin the whole cast should be there 

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#845The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 6/9/16 at 11:33am

It's in the NY Post, fwiw, but in today's (June 9) paper Richard Johnson's column says that Javi will be replacing Lin when he leaves. I think it's the first mainstream press saying what we've all assumed anyway. Can find it online just yet, but it's page 18 of the actual paper.

sparepart973
#846The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 6/9/16 at 3:51pm

I'm amazed that all the cast members sans Lin are saying that their future is "uncertain". The cast change date is in about a month. Surely they have people lined up if the OBC principles don't extend. Could it be that they actually know what's going to happen and not revealing it versus alluding that there hasn't been an agreement yet?

MyLife
#847The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 6/9/16 at 4:11pm

sparepart973 said: "I'm amazed that all the cast members sans Lin are saying that their future is "uncertain". The cast change date is in about a month. Surely they have people lined up if the OBC principles don't extend. Could it be that they actually know what's going to happen and not revealing it versus alluding that there hasn't been an agreement yet?"

That's exactly what's going on. They are waiting until after the Tonys (and after the surge of buying the next block of tickets) to announce the cast changes.

A Canadian in NYC Profile Photo
A Canadian in NYC
#848The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 6/9/16 at 4:14pm

sparepart973 said: "I'm amazed that all the cast members sans Lin are saying that their future is "uncertain". The cast change date is in about a month. Surely they have people lined up if the OBC principles don't extend. Could it be that they actually know what's going to happen and not revealing it versus alluding that there hasn't been an agreement yet?

Maybe some are waiting until after the Tony's.  I imagine a win could open some doors or give bargaining power for a raise?   just a thought. 

aaaaaa15
#849The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 6/9/16 at 6:54pm

For people interested in the London production:

The UK website is apparently being launched on Monday where people can sign up for advance ticket info. Tickets on sale October 2016. As previously rumored, opens October 2017 at the Victoria Palace.

Videos