News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

stage door demo for Ripley's FAG slur Thurs. at 10 pm- Page 16

stage door demo for Ripley's FAG slur Thurs. at 10 pm

FindingNamo
#375THE END
Posted: 6/9/10 at 11:34am

I really wish you would shut up in general, Jason Bennett, but specifically about this topic. Okay, okay, Alice Ripley is an emmineffin SAINT and yes, she is the first pure person who grew up in Western Society without so much as a shred of homophobia in her body and doesn't have any biases at all and didn't come hard wired like all the rest of us to let simmering prejudices bubble up to the surface when she's angry.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

Jason Bennett Profile Photo
Jason Bennett
#376THE END
Posted: 6/9/10 at 11:37am

Thank's Mister Matt, I love your post and basically agree with every word of it. THE END

And I'm sorry you're in multiple forms of pain and I hope you feel better soon.

Chillin' and teachin' acting and voice to muh Bway/Film peeps... (Betty Buckley is teaching a workshop for me at my school, check it out.)
Updated On: 6/9/10 at 11:37 AM

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#377THE END
Posted: 6/9/10 at 11:38am

And there has been nothing "nasty" said about Alice in this thread. The Alice hating is being done by an entirely different set of posters on an entirely different thread about and entirely different subject.

IF you would have read the comments here, you would have seen disappointment, sadness, a little shock, and a lot of hurt. But no childish name calling or personal attacks.

To say that your posts are ioncongruent with the content and issue of this thread is an understatement.

....but the world goes 'round

Calvin Profile Photo
Calvin
#378THE END
Posted: 6/9/10 at 11:40am

I think the HRC should add "What is your opinion as to the Alice Ripley kerfuffle" to its political candidate questionnaire.
Updated On: 6/9/10 at 11:40 AM

Tom1071 Profile Photo
Tom1071
#379THE END

"Now we have a Broadway legend insulted, Max insulted, Tempest, want to go for Seth, too?" -JB

What Broadway legend was insulted?

Updated On: 6/9/10 at 11:40 AM

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#380THE END

Me!

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#381THE END
Posted: 6/9/10 at 11:42am

Lol!

Calvin Profile Photo
Calvin
#382THE END
Posted: 6/9/10 at 11:42am

BTW, EVERYONE is insulting Tempestt -- her name has three Ts, dammit!

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#383THE END
Posted: 6/9/10 at 11:43am

Tempestt Bledsoe much the first time she made love.
Updated On: 6/9/10 at 11:43 AM

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#384THE END
Posted: 6/9/10 at 11:49am

Jason, I don't know if you read these boards or just joined when you found out about this thread.

If you look across these boards, both on topic ond off, you will find that a lot of people here who believe in equality and do their part to promote equality. And a lot of people are VERY passionate about it. I am sure that a lot of people here want the world to be a better place and I am SURE a lot of people march in not only NYC's Pride Parade but in parades all over the country.

This is one thread out of many about one thing. That's kind of how things work on these boards. A topic comes up, and it is discussed. Which is what happened here. And trust me, most of the people on these boards don't need to be told or lectured to about equality. If you stick around and participate in other discussions here, which I doubt you will, you will find some very smart, intelligent and caring people on these boards along with the sarcastic and nasty posters. But we can also find both types of people in our daily lives. Not just here.

Most people here are quite in tune with the state of our country and the world. JMO

Just give the world Love.

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#385THE END
Posted: 6/9/10 at 11:49am

Jason Bennett: Begone, before someone starts a thread about YOU TOO!

isntitromantic Profile Photo
isntitromantic
#386THE END
Posted: 6/9/10 at 11:53am

Folks, its time for me to come out of the closet and reveal myself.

I am a PhD candidate in psychology doing my part of my doctoral thesis on the long term effects of anonymous internet use on posters who share a common interest, i.e., Broadway or a particular performer. (I have always been partial to Miss Bujold myself, Phyllis).

I posted the intitial post about the rally to:

a. see whether such a thing would happen
b. bring in the Christian thread with the avatar
c. see how the fans/non-fans of a celebrity of Ms. Ripley's stature would react and interact
d. see what other issues would come up.

(The M&M thing was quite delightful).

I would like to interview some of you personally about your responses and feeling about things that were posted on this thread. Please message me if you would be willing to speak with me.

For the record, I was not overly familar with Ms. Ripley's work with the exception of Sideshow, but I did find her use of a slur distasteful. I saw the show last night and explained who I was. She has agreed to be interviewed and understood completely what I was attempting to do.

Please message me if you would like to be interviewed as well.

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#387THE END
Posted: 6/9/10 at 11:57am

If that is true, what a douchebag!

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#388THE END
Posted: 6/9/10 at 11:58am

What a twist.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Jason Bennett
#389THE END
Posted: 6/9/10 at 11:58am

Uncageg, Thank your for your thoughtful post. I did just join when I read about this thread, as I found the whole thing so alarming. And I had forgotten what a mine-field message boards are...And frankly, I'll tell you plenty of professional entertainment people have said to me, "Why the heck did you get on there?!?!?"

But, I did.

I do not know if I'll stick around...I do not enjoy the frequent lashing out I read towards people I know and respect and prefer to shield myself from that kind of negativity in the world, as I encourage those I care about and work with to do. But I do realize this about this message board and others:

"If you look across these boards, both on topic ond off, you will find that a lot of people here who believe in equality and do their part to promote equality. And a lot of people are VERY passionate about it...And trust me, most of the people on these boards don't need to be told or lectured to about equality...ut we can also find both types of people in our daily lives. Not just here.

Most people here are quite in tune with the state of our country and the world."

Again uncageg, thank you for your thoughtful post. I am personally unfazed by the whack-jobs, as you can see I've completely ignored their posts... THE END

Have a great day! I'm grateful for your feedback.

Chillin' and teachin' acting and voice to muh Bway/Film peeps... (Betty Buckley is teaching a workshop for me at my school, check it out.)
Updated On: 6/10/10 at 11:58 AM

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#390THE END
Posted: 6/9/10 at 12:00pm

Oh, come ON! 11:57? You freaks couldn't bring the crazy forward for another three minutes? And you call yourselves musical fanatics. Sheesh!

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#391THE END
Posted: 6/9/10 at 12:10pm

I am personally un-phased by the whack-jobs, as you can see I've completely ignored their posts

But do you even realize that you come off as the "whackiest" of all?

Jason Bennett
#392THE END
Posted: 6/9/10 at 12:14pm

I'll mention something I think is important. Since coming on here and writing what I've written, I've received a number of private messages and emails thanking me for my posts on here.

They almost all say they aren't posting because they are afraid of being attacked by the tiny group of loons who lurk boards like these. I think that's important to know.

And I have faith in people more than it may appear from some of my posts: I feel quite certain the silent, reasonable, educated majority who reads discussions like these are not on a witch-hunt against Alice or others who defend her.

And so here's a public thank you for all the messages of thanks and support. The personal attacks against people I care about, know and respect are what get me upset...

Updated On: 6/10/10 at 12:14 PM

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#393THE END
Posted: 6/9/10 at 12:15pm

I got several private messages saying you were crazy, so there you go.

newintown Profile Photo
newintown
#394THE END
Posted: 6/9/10 at 12:18pm

I get private messages all the time from Joan of Arc, but I'm beginning to think it's just Ann Reinking.

Honestly - afraid to post because of a written "attack" from an anonymous source. that brings a whole new definition to the word "timid."

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#395THE END
Posted: 6/9/10 at 12:18pm

Full disclosure guys.

I am Actually 8 Time non Emmy nominated actress Tempest Bledsoe.

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#396THE END
Posted: 6/9/10 at 12:23pm

Yea, for like the 100th time jason, this is not a witch hunt. Never was. But you seem to have decided that it is.

You know, really, you come off totally foolish b/c you only read/hear what you want to.
The only thing to do with people like you is dismiss what you say as uninformed and misplaced.

And I get PMs from people all the time too. Most recently about how they wish you would just stop posting.

Unless you are a hoax also. In that case, well played!

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#397THE END

I got a PM that said, "Jason Bennett is giving me hives. And he so verbose, yet says nothing."

SonofRobbieJ Profile Photo
SonofRobbieJ
#398THE END

"I think it's fascinating the way she's excused for it because she was pissed off."

^^^ THIS!

This is the disconnect that's driving me bonkers. I, unlike others, don't have much of a problem with the word 'fag' in casual use amongst gay friends...and stright friends whose intentions I know personally. But becoming pissed off and using the word 'fag' intentionally to be hurtful?? How is this better? In any sense of the word???

OH...And I forgot to mention earlier that I also loved Ms. Ripley in ROCKY HORROR.

Tom1071 Profile Photo
Tom1071
#399THE END
Posted: 6/9/10 at 12:25pm

"And so here's a public thank you for all the messages of thanks and support I got for my posts. But, it's not about me...it's about the issues I've been talking about. The personal attacks against people I care about, know and respect are what get me upset..." -JB

But with all the name dropping you've done here...along with the way you phrase your points and the fact that you had to tell us that you have received private messages of thanks for what you have said, it seems like you can't help but make it about you somehow.

Updated On: 6/9/10 at 12:25 PM

Videos