News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

stage door demo for Ripley's FAG slur Thurs. at 10 pm- Page 14

stage door demo for Ripley's FAG slur Thurs. at 10 pm

Jason Bennett Profile Photo
Jason Bennett
#325Get a Life
Posted: 6/8/10 at 9:42pm

Phyllis wrote:" I get what you're saying with those studies and whatnot, but personally, I've always thought I'd just commit suicide if the sh*t hit the fan like that. "

Phyllis, I'm sorry to hear that. I would hope you'd survive and thrive in any circumstances!

Chillin' and teachin' acting and voice to muh Bway/Film peeps... (Betty Buckley is teaching a workshop for me at my school, check it out.)
Updated On: 6/10/10 at 09:42 PM

Jason Bennett Profile Photo
Jason Bennett
#326Get a Life
Posted: 6/8/10 at 9:46pm

deleted...

Chillin' and teachin' acting and voice to muh Bway/Film peeps... (Betty Buckley is teaching a workshop for me at my school, check it out.)
Updated On: 6/8/10 at 09:46 PM

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#327Get a Life
Posted: 6/8/10 at 10:11pm

She is STILL apologizing.

Alice Ripley PLEASE FORGIVE MY OFFENSE. IT WAS THOUGHTLESS AND WRONG.

wonderwaiter Profile Photo
wonderwaiter
#328Get a Life
Posted: 6/8/10 at 10:17pm

Has this thread made it into the New York Times yet?

And no one grew into anything new, we just became the worst of what we were."

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#329THE END
Posted: 6/8/10 at 10:21pm

Guys - Can we end this thread and the others of the same topic? Just put a self imposed lock on them this second and move on? It's gotten way out of hand and I think it's easy to forget that this is a real person with real feelings being discussed that happened to make a mistake. Nobody can actually believe she's homophobic. You just can't. Was it a homophobic thing she said? Yeah it was but that doesn't make HER homophobic and we all know that.

This thing is all over the place now with this board and us, it's community at the center of it along with Alice. Let's do her and us a favor and just move on. She said she was sorry which is all people wanted in the first place. Now that she said it, there's no need continuing this and letting it linger. Let's just say "goodnight" to it and no matter how hard it might be, leave this topic alone.

I think in this situation it's the right thing to do. And as I said before, I'm going to go put on SIDE SHOW and lip sync "Who Will Love Me As I Am" in the mirror with my hairbrush and I think you should do the same.
Updated On: 6/8/10 at 10:21 PM

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#330THE END
Posted: 6/8/10 at 10:26pm

Here:

THE END

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#331THE END
Posted: 6/8/10 at 10:44pm

F-I-N-A-L-L-Y the M&Ms!

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#332THE END
Posted: 6/8/10 at 10:46pm

I'm not familiar with Ms. Ripley's career as others are. I do remember that crazazy Tony Awards speech of hers. Obviously, she put her foot in her mouth, big time. But, she's apologized. I'm curious as to what her Broadway peers think of her verbal error. from RC in Austin, Texas

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

wonderwaiter Profile Photo
wonderwaiter
#333THE END
Posted: 6/8/10 at 10:51pm

THE END

For reals, yo.

And no one grew into anything new, we just became the worst of what we were."

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#334THE END
Posted: 6/8/10 at 11:12pm

Ok, so this has been in the back of my mind....does anyone expect to possibly see this in Riedel's column?

Just give the world Love.
Updated On: 6/8/10 at 11:12 PM

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#335THE END
Posted: 6/8/10 at 11:15pm

I'm loving the "Leave Alice Ripley Alone" youtube video.

FindingNamo
#336THE END
Posted: 6/8/10 at 11:52pm

Jason, I wish you would go away. Just back out the door you slammed through and never come back here. That's just what I wish you would do. Me personally. I've already had enough of you. No offense intended, I just wish you would take my advice and go.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#337THE END
Posted: 6/9/10 at 12:45am

Harvey Fierstein hath spoken, on Alice's Facebook page:

===

Harvey Fierstein

Sister, sister, sister. We know where your heart is. Turn the other cheek and rise above. Love from Toronto!

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#338THE END
Posted: 6/9/10 at 1:25am

Will this be Round 3?

Just give the world Love.

musicnerd234 Profile Photo
musicnerd234
#339THE END
Posted: 6/9/10 at 2:31am

Just wanted to say I accept!

I thought it was all a flash in the pan. It wasn't until Broadway came along that I felt I had really made it. -Julie Andrews

Elphaba3 Profile Photo
Elphaba3
#340THE END
Posted: 6/9/10 at 2:57am

For what it's worth, I was told that Alice also apologized privately to the person in question. I think it's time to move on.

isntitromantic Profile Photo
isntitromantic
#341THE END
Posted: 6/9/10 at 9:32am

I've prayed over this and all the pain this has caused Ms. Ripley. Dennis Shepard, at the sentencing of Matthew's killer, Aaron McKinney said to him "remember you had the opportunity and the ability to stop your actions that night." Ms. Ripley also had that opportunity before she hit the return to post her hate talk. We are responsible for our actions when they affect other people. I think, from what I have read, Ms. Ripley must be a good person, if somewhat bewildered.
And now, I'm going to call Jason Bennett because I want him to coach me on Rodgers and Sondheim's "We're Gonna Be Alright." Thank God I've found him. The Lord does work in mysterious ways.

GlindatheGood22  Profile Photo
GlindatheGood22
#342THE END
Posted: 6/9/10 at 9:33am

She made herself a shirt that said SORRY ASS BITCH. There's a picture of it on Facebook. I thought it was hilarious.

I know you. I know you. I know you.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#343THE END
Posted: 6/9/10 at 9:44am

I thought it was over, but since the thread is still here I am wondering what kind of stuff does she do for the gay community? I mean, I personally don't know where her heart is or how her mind works, despite being told that by the Harvey Fierstein's and Jason whatevers of the world.

I mean, yeah, she apologized, after first being petulant and even more immature than she was at first. I don't think any of this is a hanging offense, but I'm just wondering why everyone is talking about her like she should a canonized, when really before this incident all people ever really said was that she was as crazy as the character she plays.

Annas_Priest Profile Photo
Annas_Priest
#344THE END
Posted: 6/9/10 at 9:53am

isntitromantic.. Shut uppppppppppppppp

The Lord Work's in mysterius way, eh? Well hey there Mr. Christian. I'm a Christian to. So FORGIVE Alice Ripley and MOVE ON dude.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#345THE END
Posted: 6/9/10 at 9:53am

Why should anyone listen to you? Why would you tell someone to forgive her when earlier you said "good for her" for saying and told people to shut up.

FindingNamo
#346THE END
Posted: 6/9/10 at 9:56am

Annas you have no credibility as a poster or an Xian. You have crudibility.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#347THE END
Posted: 6/9/10 at 9:56am

Amen.

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#348THE END
Posted: 6/9/10 at 10:02am

Doube Amennnnnnnn

....but the world goes 'round

ChgoTheaterTenor
#349THE END
Posted: 6/9/10 at 10:27am

What a bunch ridiculousness- Move on. The horror of this situation is there are REAL cases of homophobia happening in the world and yet you choose to blast a "real life" ally. I guess it's easier to fight sitting in the comfort of your home with a keyboard than on the streets. MOVE ON to more important things
Updated On: 6/9/10 at 10:27 AM

Videos