News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

stage door demo for Ripley's FAG slur Thurs. at 10 pm- Page 24

stage door demo for Ripley's FAG slur Thurs. at 10 pm

chellie
#575THE END
Posted: 6/9/10 at 5:01pm

That dog is the cutest thing. I always wanted a dog when I was a kid, but my mom was afraid of dogs, even tiny ones, because my grandmother used to use her kids as shields whenever a dog happened to come near her if they were taking a walk or something. To this day, she'll try to shove someone in front of her if she even hears barking.

JustAGuy Profile Photo
JustAGuy
#576THE END
Posted: 6/9/10 at 5:04pm

Jordan your grout is so clean...what do you use?
Adorable puppy too!

"Just a Guy. Your feelings are touching. I am gladdened by the thought that you will one day wind up 6 feet under as we all do." - MrRoxy ------ "I do not suggest you walk out the door onto a New York street with your vulnerable child part exposed and not protected..." - Jason Bennett

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#577THE END
Posted: 6/9/10 at 5:05pm

Seriously, when I watched Fox/Hound I was at a very vulnerable place in my peraonal life. I thought, "I've never seen this Disney movie and they always make me happy! And look how cute they are"

Well of course I cried, only the whole thing was exacerbated b/c all the feelings I had been holding back came up. It wasn't cathartic though, just really really bleak.

....but the world goes 'round

newintown Profile Photo
newintown
#578THE END
Posted: 6/9/10 at 5:06pm

Vile Posters, the BWW update of Waugh's Vile Bodies.

Cast of characters (played by posters): Dame Sybil Snatchworthy, Sir Perceval Poopanties, Trixie Tite-Bochs. Featuring Alice Ripley as Diana, the wacky maid.

All actors coached by Jason Bennett to achieve "liberation."

Reginald Tresilian Profile Photo
Reginald Tresilian
#579THE END
Posted: 6/9/10 at 5:06pm

Pearl Bailey has a lot to answer for.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#580THE END
Posted: 6/9/10 at 5:07pm

I have no idea what we use. My roommate takes care of that because he's such a picky queen about things. Even doing the dishes has to be a certain way so he just does them. Fine with me, though. lol

SonofRobbieJ Profile Photo
SonofRobbieJ
#581THE END
Posted: 6/9/10 at 5:09pm

I've never watched FOX AND THE HOUND. I know I won't make it through.

I am, however, adding Best of Friends to my Tommy Kirk tribute show when I bring it back.

Calvin Profile Photo
Calvin
#582THE END
Posted: 6/9/10 at 5:11pm

I wanna run the lights for the show, like the Jehovah's Witness kid in our class did when we did a play of "The Book of Three." He said it was because his religion didn't let him be in shows about black magic. I think it was just because we were going to make him play Hen Wen, the psychic pig.

Now that was an uplifting Disney movie!

SonofRobbieJ Profile Photo
SonofRobbieJ
#583THE END
Posted: 6/9/10 at 5:18pm

Is that story true? Cause it's f*cking awesome.

Of COURSE you can run the lights! And the sound!! So much responsibility for a viper!

Or is it shark?

Or are you actually the cesspool?

Who can say?

Calvin Profile Photo
Calvin
#584THE END
Posted: 6/9/10 at 5:25pm

It's absolutely true!

When I invited him to my birthday party (it was a swimming party), his mom said their religion allowed him to come swim and eat cake, but he wasn't allowed to sing happy birthday or bring a present, because that would be considered idolatry.

How convenient!

And if we're auditioning for aquatic creatures, I've always fancied the electric eel.

JerseyGirl2 Profile Photo
JerseyGirl2
#585THE END
Posted: 6/9/10 at 5:38pm

This thread may not rank up there with the deer thread, but the deer thread didn't get national exposure. I think it evens out.

This thread was an experience.

Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f**ckin' perfect!

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#586THE END
Posted: 6/9/10 at 5:45pm

What a cute dog, Jordan! I think I remember when you got that dog...weren't you going out to the theater, to see Glass Menagerie or something, and leaving him alone on his first night several hours?

Or am I conflating that with someone else's new puppy?

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#587THE END
Posted: 6/9/10 at 5:45pm

I want to know who sent isnitromatic a PM to be interviewed.

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#588THE END
Posted: 6/9/10 at 5:50pm

I'll bet it was DanMag. Should someone tell him she drinks?

danmag Profile Photo
danmag
#589THE END
Posted: 6/9/10 at 6:13pm

I was a little drunk when I sent it, PJ...

"This show had the WORST magnets on Broadway!"

isntitromantic Profile Photo
isntitromantic
#590THE END
Posted: 6/9/10 at 6:16pm

Alas, only Jason Bennett responded. What should I do, folks?

perpetualanticipatio Profile Photo
perpetualanticipatio
#591THE END
Posted: 6/9/10 at 6:18pm

From Jason's website:

Acting Tip 4. A few days ago I was working on my acting in the Subway: You can do this in your car, on a bus, in a park, in a restaurant, anywhere... It's useful to do it in the presence of people, even though they don't know what you are doing.

DON'T ACT AND DRIVE KIDS. NO MATTER WHAT JASON SAYS.

FindingNamo
#592THE END
Posted: 6/9/10 at 6:26pm

Robbie, that Tommy Kirk show is still one of my all-time favorite experiences ever. Talk about liberated and liberating! There are parts I can't think of without tearing up.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

Jason Bennett Profile Photo
Jason Bennett
#593THE END
Posted: 6/9/10 at 6:32pm

Jason did not respond to the interview invitation. - Susan Turner, for JB, he's teaching.

Chillin' and teachin' acting and voice to muh Bway/Film peeps... (Betty Buckley is teaching a workshop for me at my school, check it out.)

ghostlight2
#594THE END
Posted: 6/9/10 at 6:39pm

"Alas, only Jason Bennett responded. What should I do, folks?"

I have several suggestions, but the nicest one is go away. You've caused enough trouble.

FindingNamo
#595THE END
Posted: 6/9/10 at 6:42pm

Seriously, the Jason Bennett account needs to be deleted.

ghostlight2
#596THE END
Posted: 6/9/10 at 6:46pm

You're probably aware that I was talking about isntitromantic, who started this damn thread, Namo, but I hope that Jason will wise up and back away from the computer, for his own good. This can't be good for business.

FindingNamo
#597THE END
Posted: 6/9/10 at 6:54pm

Oh yeah, but Jason and "Susan Turner" to "borrow" "Jason's" oddest "tick," should "really" vanish for "their" own "good."

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#598THE END
Posted: 6/9/10 at 7:36pm

"but the deer thread didn't get national exposure."

Oh please. If the deer thread had happened today, it would have received national attention!

It's just that the news had better things to be doing at the time.

It's a slow news day.

Quote of the day:

“Those who can’t act, teach”

~ TheatreDiva

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

JerseyGirl2 Profile Photo
JerseyGirl2
#599THE END
Posted: 6/9/10 at 7:57pm

I have always wondered... Do you think when Diana was, "throwing sh!t down the stairs," it was being used in place of things as in, "grab your sh!t, we're leaving," or was she literally tossing fecal matter down the stairs?

Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f**ckin' perfect!

Videos