pixeltracker

BEN PLATT: LIVE AT THE PALACE Thread - Page 10

BEN PLATT: LIVE AT THE PALACE Thread

rosscoe(au) Profile Photo
rosscoe(au)
#225BEN PLATT: LIVE AT THE PALACE Threads
Posted: 6/8/24 at 8:49am

You could if you leave before he starts, 

Well I didn't want to get into it, but he's a Satanist. Every full moon he sacrifices 4 puppies to the Dark Lord and smears their blood on his paino. This should help you understand the score for Wicked a little bit more. Tazber's: Reply to Is Stephen Schwartz a Practicing Christian

InTheBathroom1
#226BEN PLATT: LIVE AT THE PALACE Threads
Posted: 6/8/24 at 9:20am

Jcrispee2 said: "Question: about how long is Ben’s concert at the Palace? I see he has a Saturday 5pm show and wondering if I attended that concert, if I could also make an 8pm curtain to another show that same night?"

Yes.  Ben Platt will get out at around 7 and you’ll have like an hour to grab a quick bite and head to your next show.

PipingHotPiccolo
#227BEN PLATT: LIVE AT THE PALACE Threads
Posted: 6/8/24 at 9:39am

QueenTwinnied said: "PipingHotPiccolo said: "Aw, sweets, since Ben is doing a nightly show on 47/bway, I'm guessing he's staying in some apartment somewhere in town, and I just saw Beanie at dinner a few weeks ago in the West 80s, but yes, its true, they are so successful and unbothered by the loons on this board, that I agree they would be laughing at them from whichever well appointed residence they happen to be in at any given moment."

You really, really need to calm down and take a few deep breaths.
"

you keep misreading my tone. i could not be more amused/relaxed by internet loons. my breathing is great. 

but do let me know if you need to know which restaurant i happened to see beanie at when yall apply for that restraining order. im clearly out of control. 

binau Profile Photo
binau
#228BEN PLATT: LIVE AT THE PALACE Threads
Posted: 6/8/24 at 9:49am

Someone must be able to write an off broadway parody musical about this thread. I’m sure if it. 

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

QueenTwinnied
#229BEN PLATT: LIVE AT THE PALACE Threads
Posted: 6/8/24 at 8:15pm

PipingHotPiccolo said: "QueenTwinnied said: "PipingHotPiccolo said: "Aw, sweets, since Ben is doing a nightly show on 47/bway, I'm guessing he's staying in some apartment somewhere in town, and I just saw Beanie at dinner a few weeks ago in the West 80s, but yes, its true, they are so successful and unbothered by the loons on this board, that I agree they would be laughing at them from whichever well appointed residence they happen to be in at any given moment."

"

you keep misreading my tone. i could not be more amused/relaxed by internet loons. my breathing is great.

but do let me know if you need to know which restaurant i happened to see beanie at when yall apply for that restraining order. im clearly out of control.
"

Your tone actually seems extremely bothered. Deeply bothered and defensive. 

Melissa25 Profile Photo
Melissa25
#230BEN PLATT: LIVE AT THE PALACE Threads
Posted: 6/8/24 at 10:50pm

What’s with those brown shag carpeted stairs?

PipingHotPiccolo
#231BEN PLATT: LIVE AT THE PALACE Threads
Posted: 6/9/24 at 12:11am

QueenTwinnied said: "PipingHotPiccolo said: "QueenTwinnied said: "PipingHotPiccolo said: "Aw, sweets, since Ben is doing a nightly show on 47/bway, I'm guessing he's staying in some apartment somewhere in town, and I just saw Beanie at dinner a few weeks ago in the West 80s, but yes, its true, they are so successful and unbothered by the loons on this board, that I agree they would be laughing at them from whichever well appointed residence they happen to be in at any given moment."

"

"

"

K. And im stalking people. I'm out of control and you've set me straight. 

CoffeeBreak Profile Photo
CoffeeBreak
#232BEN PLATT: LIVE AT THE PALACE Threads
Posted: 6/9/24 at 12:16am

Melissa25 said: "What’s with those brown shag carpeted stairs?"

... and the Lion King sun?  Bad direction & set design. 

OhHiii
#233BEN PLATT: LIVE AT THE PALACE Threads
Posted: 6/9/24 at 7:16am

Melissa25 said: "What’s with those brown shag carpeted stairs?"

Ugh the disrespect. That is so clearly the wig from the Dear Evan Hansen film making their Broadway debut. 

QueenTwinnied
#234BEN PLATT: LIVE AT THE PALACE Threads
Posted: 6/9/24 at 11:16am

PipingHotPiccolo said: "QueenTwinnied said: "PipingHotPiccolo said: "QueenTwinnied said: "PipingHotPiccolo said: "Aw, sweets, since Ben is doing a nightly show on 47/bway, I'm guessing he's staying in some apartment somewhere in town, and I just saw Beanie at dinner a few weeks ago in the West 80s, but yes, its true, they are so successful and unbothered by the loons on this board, that I agree they would be laughing at them from whichever well appointed residence they happen to be in at any given moment."

"

"

"

K. And im stalking people. I'm out of control and you've set me straight.
"

You keep bringing up the stalker thing because you’re…deeply bothered. Thanks for confirming 

PipingHotPiccolo
#235BEN PLATT: LIVE AT THE PALACE Threads
Posted: 6/9/24 at 2:26pm

sigh. i find the nastiness re platt to be overtly petty and oddly geared towards him personally. so i said so. so then you said i needed to calm down--a classic argument trope that i think falls particularly flat when used online, cause you have no idea how my breathing is doing--and then you said it again and again, and now you're saying my responding to the suggestion that im stalking people proves that i, in fact, need to calm down.

so i guess i know all i need to know about you, and we can agree to disagree on how bothered i am, or on whether ben platt is satan incarnate, or whatever issue it is you think you're arguing with me about. 

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#236BEN PLATT: LIVE AT THE PALACE Threads
Posted: 6/9/24 at 2:40pm

PipingHotPiccolo
#237BEN PLATT: LIVE AT THE PALACE Threads
Posted: 6/9/24 at 3:04pm

ive hesitated to say this bec, you know, im such a stalker fanboy, but the guests hes gathered for these shows have been diverse (in the old school sense of the word- from v different backgrounds/talents) and delightful. Suddenly Seymour with Alex Newell was incredible. 

B.JAMES Profile Photo
B.JAMES
#238BEN PLATT: LIVE AT THE PALACE Threads
Posted: 6/9/24 at 3:09pm

I think tonight is Cynthia Erivo.

BrodyFosse123
#239BEN PLATT: LIVE AT THE PALACE Threads
Posted: 6/9/24 at 3:14pm

I agree about the diverse guest choices. 

Also, we more that generously expressed our personal opinions of Ben Platt so let’s move on and focus on his residency and his guests. No need to keep attacking each other and regurgitating the same bulls**t over and over again. We more than covered it. 

SmokeyLady Profile Photo
SmokeyLady
#240BEN PLATT: LIVE AT THE PALACE Threads
Posted: 6/9/24 at 3:50pm

PipingHotPiccolo said: "ive hesitated to say this bec, you know, im such a stalker fanboy, but the guests hes gathered for these shows have been diverse (in the old school sense of the word- from v different backgrounds/talents) and delightful. Suddenly Seymour with Alex Newell was incredible.

"

You should enjoy Ben Platt all you want. Fan out as much as you want. Where you lost me a little bit was when you were getting into where he lives and all that stuff. You probably didn’t mean anything by it. You were just having fun. But it made things a little icky.  And I get the back and forth here… but you get a touch defensive and it doesn’t seem genuine .  It reads like at times you’re just trying to get into it with people .   
Ben’s guests look fun .  

PipingHotPiccolo
#241BEN PLATT: LIVE AT THE PALACE Threads
Posted: 6/9/24 at 4:22pm

sorry bud. we need to work on our reading comprehension here. forget that im not a particular fan of platt, i mentioned that he was in his apartment laughing at all his haters and i got an "oh sweetie, he doesnt live in an apartment, he lives in LA" response. so i said hes currently performing nightly on 47th street, thus im guessing hes living in an apartment for time being. this was turned into my stalking him and being "icky" as you say. 

if i seem defensive about that, guilty- but as someone who has seen platt perform live once and has little else to do with him, i can assure you its only because of the insulting stupidity in a comment like that, not because im worried about my stalking behavior regarding a man ive never met, paid money to see, etc. etc. trolls will troll, and ill keep calling it out as i see fit. 

QueenTwinnied
#242BEN PLATT: LIVE AT THE PALACE Threads
Posted: 6/9/24 at 11:57pm

Therapy is needed. 

Bette's Turban Profile Photo
Bette's Turban
#243BEN PLATT: LIVE AT THE PALACE Threads
Posted: 6/10/24 at 11:00am

Oh Mr Piccolo,

Maybe someday you’ll read back on all your comments and just cringe a little bit. And realize you might be better than all that.  Or maybe this is just who you are.  Obnoxious.

BrodyFosse123
#244BEN PLATT: LIVE AT THE PALACE Threads
Posted: 6/10/24 at 2:25pm

barcelona20
#245BEN PLATT: LIVE AT THE PALACE Threads
Posted: 6/10/24 at 2:42pm

BrodyFosse123 said: "

Can they do this again at the Tony Awards please?

"

JSquared2
#246BEN PLATT: LIVE AT THE PALACE Threads
Posted: 6/10/24 at 2:55pm

BrodyFosse123 said

Sorry if this makes me a "hater" -- but he is SO out of his league and outmatched by her, it's crazy.

barcelona20
#247BEN PLATT: LIVE AT THE PALACE Threads
Posted: 6/10/24 at 2:58pm

JSquared2 said: "BrodyFosse123 said

Sorry if this makes me a "hater" -- but he is SO out of his league and outmatched by her, it's crazy.

To be fair, not many are in her league. But, can't you just enjoy it? I mean, come on.

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#248BEN PLATT: LIVE AT THE PALACE Threads
Posted: 6/14/24 at 11:15pm

I guess Nicole Scherzinger made her Broadway debut at Ben Platt's concert!

Updated On: 6/14/24 at 11:15 PM

inception Profile Photo
inception
#249BEN PLATT: LIVE AT THE PALACE Threads
Posted: 6/15/24 at 10:36am

Woah! That dress. 👍

Too bad the show she's going into doesn't offer the same kinds of numbers for her to sing.

Videos