pixeltracker

The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]- Page 11

The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]

Glittergrrl Profile Photo
Glittergrrl
#250The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 10/19/15 at 7:33pm

Just wanted to tell you guys...

My friend and I went to the Hand to God matinee on Saturday. After much convincing, (he wanted to watch the Mets game!)  I talked him into trying the Hamilton lottery.  We got there a bit early... I think 5:00ish and Daveed Diggs was just hanging out on the street.  Just kind of standing there-not behind a fence.  One guy went over to chat with him.  He walked back down the block--he was so cute.  He was so excited because Daveed liked his tie,  it was kind of adorable.  Anyway, I didn't go talk to him, as I am painfully shy, but he seemed so approachable.  He seemed like a super nice, easy-going person. 

Glittergrrl
#251The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 10/20/15 at 8:10pm

I am full blown obsessed with this show. I can't even believe it.  I listen to the cast recording incessantly. Anyway, I really wanted to see it on veteran's day.  I am shocked by how much resale tix cost. The prices are insane-over 1,000 for two decent (not great) tickets.  Trying to decide if I should get out the plastic.  

MrSweetNAwful Profile Photo
MrSweetNAwful
#252The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 10/20/15 at 9:14pm

In related news, Sarah Vowell (historian, voice of Violet in The Incredibles, sweetheart) released a novel about the American Revolution told through the eyes of Lafayette. There is apparently a star-studded audio-version.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/10/20/john-slattery-nick-offerman-lafayette-somewhat-united-states

Edit: the AVClub comments section is having a field day with this http://www.avclub.com/review/french-teenager-helps-americans-their-revolution-s-226360

You're reminding me of people you hear at the movies asking questions every ten seconds, "Who is that? Why is that guy walking down the street? Who's that lady coming up to him? Uh-oh, why did that car go by? Why is it so dark in this theater?" - FindingNamo on strummergirl

"If artists were machines, then I'm just a different kind of machine...I'd probably be a toaster. Actually, I'd be a toaster oven because they're more versatile. And I like making grilled cheese" -Regina Spektor

"That's, like, twelve shows! ...Or seven." -Crazy SA Fangirl

"They say that just being relaxed is the most important thing [in acting]. I take that to another level, I think kinda like yawning and...like being partially asleep onstage is also good, but whatever." - Sherie Rene Scott
Updated On: 10/20/15 at 09:14 PM

NYfanfromCA Profile Photo
NYfanfromCA
#253The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 10/20/15 at 9:26pm

Glittergrrl said: "I am full blown obsessed with this show. I can't even believe it.  I listen to the cast recording incessantly. Anyway, I really wanted to see it on veteran's day.  I am shocked by how much resale tix cost. The prices are insane-over 1,000 for two decent (not great) tickets.  Trying to decide if I should get out the plastic.  "

I am crazy obsessed as well, and have been listening to the soundtrack ever since it was first available for streaming.  Then I bought the CD set, which arrived yesterday, and I bought the giant paperback book that was the inspiration for the show.  I was also looking at tickets and was blown away by the outrageous prices.  I bought one ticket for next May, and I read on these boards that I could maybe get a box seat if I went to the box office in person. Well, since I live in California, that was out of the question, but I have one friend in NY who was able to go to the box office and get me a box seat.  Partial view, but I will at least get to be there and see most of it before next May.  Maybe you can try to get a box seat?

oncemorewithfeeling2 Profile Photo
oncemorewithfeeling2
#254The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 10/20/15 at 11:36pm

And if you're into history, enjoyed the depictions of real people in Hamilton, you'll find Vowell's book to be outstanding. Halfway through already and it's her best since Assassination Vacation.

MrSweetNAwful said: "In related news, Sarah Vowell (historian, voice of Violet in The Incredibles, sweetheart) released a novel about the American Revolution told through the eyes of Lafayette. There is apparently a star-studded audio-version.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/10/20/john-slattery-nick-offerman-lafayette-somewhat-united-states

Edit: the AVClub comments section is having a field day with this http://www.avclub.com/review/french-teenager-helps-americans-their-revolution-s-226360

"

Updated On: 10/20/15 at 11:36 PM

karen24 Profile Photo
karen24
#255The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 10/21/15 at 5:26pm

I just got the Vowell book to read on an upcoming trip to England (alas, not France, which would be more appropriate) The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]

Very sorry to read today that Lin-Manuel is (apparently) in the hospital with a bad case of the flu. Javier Munoz has stepped in and I'm sure will do a great job. I'm actually very interested to see his take on the role some day.

https://twitter.com/Lin_Manuel/status/656856780421660673

Maggie-the-schnoodle

Glittergrrl
#256The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 10/21/15 at 8:49pm

NyfanfromCA

Thank you so much for the suggestion! I'll look into it.  I wouldn't even consider spending so much, but I'm having surgery right before Xmas, so I wanted to do something special since I'm going to miss out on all the holiday fun.

Blockhead24 Profile Photo
Blockhead24
#257The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 10/21/15 at 8:54pm

karen24 said: "I just got the Vowell book to read on an upcoming trip to England (alas, not France, which would be more appropriate) The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]

Very sorry to read today that Lin-Manuel is (apparently) in the hospital with a bad case of the flu. Javier Munoz has stepped in and I'm sure will do a great job. I'm actually very interested to see his take on the role some day.

https://twitter.com/Lin_Manuel/status/656856780421660673"

Poor Lin The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]..hope he gets better soon

and Javier is incredible in the role. I hope you get to see him.

OMG2
#258The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 10/22/15 at 8:59am

You can discuss Hamilton with me any time. Saw it at the public in April. Think about everyday.

i know a little luck will have me seeing it at least once more. It was magical and any debate is reidiciulous. 

the1liamg
#259The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 10/22/15 at 9:27am

On the subject of resale prices, I've listed my O/S Row W Aisle tickets here on StubHub for only slightly more than face value to try and recover what I paid for them. I can no longer make the performance on Wednesday 2 March 8pm.

I can't use Ticketmaster resale as I don't have a US bank account The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD] 

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#260The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 10/23/15 at 3:37pm

I'm wondering if Lin-Manuel will be out for tonight's performance. (He posted three hours ago that he's still sick.) If he's out, might the lottery might be a bit easier to win? Or the cancellation line better? I would love to see Javier in the role! I'm probably just dreaming, though.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#261The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 10/23/15 at 6:30pm

Fairly certain that people have said lottery is only slightly affected by Lin's absences.

I doubt cancellations will be high, either, as he's not above the title.....and who would want to wait another six months to see it I'd they are holding tix for tonight?

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.
Updated On: 10/23/15 at 06:30 PM

ChairinMain Profile Photo
ChairinMain
#262The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 10/24/15 at 1:48pm

Lin, according to Twitter, is out for the rest of the week and will be back tuesday.

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#263The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 10/26/15 at 5:04pm

Why is it every time I find a video of Hamilton online that I like (ones professionally shot for the show) they mysteriously are deleted or I can no longer find them? What is this conspiracy? Do the producers truly believe that the chances of someone attending the show are affected by 4 minute montages? or am I terrible at googling things and they are on the internet still?!? someone help me locate the missing Hamilton videos!

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#264The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 10/26/15 at 5:05pm

The 10-minute b-roll that I loved has been taken down. It lived for a short time on Vimeo, but that one is gone now too.

Sorry-Grateful Profile Photo
Sorry-Grateful
#265The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 10/26/15 at 5:37pm

There's a certain prominent theater website that's never taken down that 12 minute B-roll footage. I know the take down notices were sent to everyone back in early August, but for some reason, this site never took it down. I check on it once every week or so, and nope, still there. We'll see how long it lasts before it finally gets taken down...

TodayTix Code: XGAXA
Updated On: 10/26/15 at 05:37 PM

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#266The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 10/26/15 at 5:44pm

I never saw that one so if anyone can let me know where it is! Also the 4-minute one with Schuyler Sisters, What'd I Miss and The Room... I love that one.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

MusicAndPassion Profile Photo
MusicAndPassion
#267The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 10/26/15 at 6:55pm

Won the lottery for a second time and caught the matinee yesterday. For those who have seen both Lin and Javier, what did you think? I loved BOTH of them dearly and felt like I saw two different, yet moving and powerful performances.

TBFL Profile Photo
TBFL
#268The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 10/26/15 at 8:47pm

The 10 min b roll is on youtube.... be quick!

oncemorewithfeeling2 Profile Photo
oncemorewithfeeling2
#269The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 10/26/15 at 9:25pm

A friend bought tickets for this past weekend when they went on sale so many months ago. I've now seen Lin in the role twice and Javier Munoz once and it's tough to say who has the better Hamilton--they've got a lot of similarities. I think LMM's Hamilton is a bit more fiery and intense, but Munoz's Hamilton seemed more emotionally driven. As many have said here, LMM is a more skillful rapper, but that's not to say Javi lacks there. Javi, to me, is the better singer and that really comes through in It's Quiet Uptown and That Would Be Enough. I really enjoyed him in It's Quiet Uptown. The "Eliza, do you like it uptown?" line and how we looked at Pippa Soo just destroyed me. You could feel both desperation and hope . Both are about equal on the acting front; it's clear Javi has been with the project a long time and that he and LMM are on the same page with how they portray Hamilton. It's not a super heavy dance role and I call it a draw there--especially because the ensemble has such badass dancers in it. 

The show is not lessened in any way without LMM. It holds up famously with understudies. I believe there were 3 swings in as well as Munoz, but my eyes were on him. As with In the Heights, I wouldn't be shocked if Javi was the first replacement for Lin. They'll be big shoes to fill for whoever takes on the role, but Javi Munoz is absolutely holding his own.

Updated On: 10/26/15 at 09:25 PM

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#270The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 10/27/15 at 12:50am

TBFL said: "The 10 min b roll is on youtube.... be quick!"

Where??? link!

jessejaehoon
#271The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 10/27/15 at 1:02am

I've seen Lin thrice and Javier Muñoz twice. They're both excellent, and obviously working very closely together on the role, so there's a lot of similarities but they still very much bring themselves to the role. They're both brilliant, and I think nobody should be disappointed to see Muñoz's take on Ham.

sorano916 Profile Photo
sorano916
#272The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 10/27/15 at 11:24am

Since Andrew Rannells is starting tonight, here's him, Groff, & BDJ singing at the #Ham4Ham show from this weekend: https://youtu.be/USrLTJqaeL8

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#273The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 10/27/15 at 6:58pm

Someone just sent the video to me. Hysterical!

Just give the world Love.

Auggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
#274The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 10/27/15 at 7:44pm

Fully agree about the Munoz "Quiet Uptown." It's a subtler reading of the lyric, and when I listen to the recording, I hear a more obvious emotionalism from Miranda. I thought Munoz played the character's "adult" self in act two with greater distinction. He becomes a grown-up, and there's something about the figure he cuts that's very powerful.  But as many note, the two performances are stellar; no one is cheated.  Comparisons will result when a third actor enters the mix, likely circa next summer.  Mostly, it's just wonderful to know that the role is being co-created, and that Miranda is in effect giving it away -- for all the Alexanders to come -- as he enters his run on B'way.  I said to someone just yesterday, "most people who eventually see Hamilton will not see Miranda."  There was a gasp. But it's a reality. He may come and go, but many wonderful people will get their shot.  At all the roles.  Thrilling show, thrilling opportunities. 

"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling

Videos