pixeltracker

Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018- Page 18

Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018

JIMG3
#425Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 8/15/17 at 6:11pm

They have an Eliza. It's Higgins that's holding it up. 

The Distinctive Baritone Profile Photo
The Distinctive Baritone
#426Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 8/15/17 at 6:47pm

If I open this thread up one more time only to find yet another person saying "I know who it is but can't say," I'm going to scream.

GeorgeandDot Profile Photo
GeorgeandDot
#427Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 8/15/17 at 6:59pm

JIMG3 said: "They have an Eliza. It's Higgins that's holding it up. "

Do you know when they'll likely be making an announcement?

Itonlytakesajourney Profile Photo
Itonlytakesajourney
#428Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 8/15/17 at 7:04pm

Can you at least hint who it is?? Anne? Lauren? Phillipa? Denee? A newcomer altogether? Would you mind PM'ing me if it isn't a problem? I'm honestly just exhausted at the thought of more rumors and no conclusions. 

Moriah3
#429Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 8/15/17 at 7:36pm

Audra McDonald or Laura Benanti

schubox
#430Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 8/15/17 at 8:01pm

The Distinctive Baritone said: "If I open this thread up one more time only to find yet another person saying "I know who it is but can't say," I'm going to scream.

"

How else can people show how cool they are?

comets
#431Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 8/15/17 at 8:08pm

Hologram Audrey Hepburn. 

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#432Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 8/15/17 at 10:49pm

Not that I have any idea when the actual announcement is coming, but I thought it'd be funny to compile a list of names—realistic dreamcasting and far-off dreamcasting—that have popped up in this thread. Figured it'll be funny to see once we actually have our Eliza. We're truly going mad!

Christy Altomare
Kerstin Anderson
Lauren Ambrose
Annaleigh Ashford
Sara Bareilles
Samantha Barks
Kelli Barrett
Laura Benanti
Mikaela Bennett
Denée Benton
Sierra Boggess
Carmen Cusack
Nikki Renee Daniels
Lea DeLaria
Cynthia Erivo
Beanie Feldstein
Harvey Fierstein
Jessica Fontana
Anne Hathaway
Hologram Audrey Hepburn
Anna Kendrick
Alexis Michelle
Laura Michelle Kelly
Kara Lindsay
Audra McDonald
Manna Nichols
Eva Noblezada
Kelli O'Hara
Lisa O'Hare
Laura Osnes
Emily Padgett
Ashley Park
Lara Pulver
Emmy Rossum
Alexandra Silber
Scarlett Strallen
Phillipa Soo
Adrienne Warren
Betsy Wolfe
Lauren Worsham

Itonlytakesajourney Profile Photo
Itonlytakesajourney
#433Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 8/15/17 at 10:52pm

BroadwayConcierge said: "Not that I have any idea when the actual announcement is coming, but I thought it'd be funny to compile a list of names—realistic dreamcasting and far-off dreamcasting—that have popped up in this thread. Figured it'll be funny to see once we actually have our Eliza. We're truly going mad!

Christy Altomare
Kerstin Anderson
Lauren Ambrose
Annaleigh Ashford
Sara Bareilles
Samantha Barks
Kelli Barrett
Laura Benanti
Mikaela Bennett
Denée Benton
Sierra Boggess
Carmen Cusack
Nikki Renee Daniels
Lea DeLaria
Cynthia Erivo
Beanie Feldstein
Harvey Fierstein
Jessica Fontana
Anne Hathaway
Hologram Audrey Hepburn
Anna Kendrick
Alexis Michelle
Laura Michelle Kelly
Kara Lindsay
Audra McDonald
Manna Nichols
Eva Noblezada
Kelli O'Hara
Lisa O'Hare
Laura Osnes
Emily Padgett
Ashley Park
Lara Pulver
Emmy Rossum
Alexandra Silber
Scarlett Strallen
Phillipa Soo
Adrienne Warren
Betsy Wolfe
Lauren Worsham

Thanks for reminding me how good Betsy Wolfe would be as Eliza 

BroadwayConcierge
#434Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 8/15/17 at 10:57pm

Itonlytakesajourney said: "Thanks for reminding me how good Betsy Wolfe would be as Eliza"

Compiling that list did the same thing for me... but for Phillipa Soo Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018

Abbade
#435Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 8/17/17 at 4:56pm

JIMG3 said: "They have an Eliza. It's Higgins that's holding it up. "

Paulo Szot (2008 Tony winner for South Pacific) magnificently played Higgins on the Brazilian production of My Fair last year, he would be a good one imo

Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018

JIMG3
#436Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 8/17/17 at 5:55pm

I think he'd be impressive in the role, but they're focusing on broader recognition. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for Colin Firth. 

Updated On: 8/17/17 at 05:55 PM

MCfan2 Profile Photo
MCfan2
#437Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 8/17/17 at 6:16pm

So am I. I hate to get my hopes up, since we heard he's not interested anymore -- but he would be SO good if by some miracle he decided to do it!

dianamorales Profile Photo
dianamorales
#438Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 8/17/17 at 6:19pm

This is purely guesswork, but what about Benedict Cumberbatch? He's recognizable and extremely talented with tons of theatre experience. Only question is- can he sing?

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#439Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 8/17/17 at 6:22pm

Bah....Higgins doesn't SING all that much.   Rex Harrison.  Of course, perhaps I know the film far better than the stage version, so correct away.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Soaring29 Profile Photo
Soaring29
#440Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 8/18/17 at 5:43pm

At first, it looked like Kelli's Met obligations might not keep her from the role, but previews for MFL and performances for Cosi Fan Tutte start on the same day. Anything's possible, but she's probably out. 

broadwayboy223
#441Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 8/18/17 at 6:18pm

I'm guessing its not Kelli, but IMO if Sher wanted her to do MFL and she wanted to as well she'd probably find a way out of her Met obligations. Just a thought. Im still devastated that its not Laura and probably not Kelli.

OlBlueEyes Profile Photo
OlBlueEyes
#442Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 8/19/17 at 12:39am

When Kelli was interviewed by Jim Zirel on CUNY TV way back in February he threw the name Eliza Doolittle right in her face. Her first reaction was that that ship had sailed, immediately followed by a reference to Mary Martin and the roles she had played although seemingly a bit young for her. Kelli loved the score and the part and, if she never played the role again at least she had gotten to play it once with the Philharmonic in concert.

The name Paulo Szot really hit me. Bartlett Sher was being interviewed and was asked if he could remember any auditions that far exceeded his expectations. He brought up Szot immediately. An unknown Brazilian opera singer who just came in and wowed everyone. But could he play a proper British gentleman?

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#443Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 8/19/17 at 12:50am

Why are they focusing on names? They obviously don't need a name. They could the whole show with unknowns and it would still do well. 

JPeterman Profile Photo
JPeterman
#444Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 8/19/17 at 2:57am

I think they are thinking they want to do better than just "well", more like "Hello Dolly well"

KathyNYC2
#445Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 8/19/17 at 10:34am

I watched On Stage this morning on NY1 and Frank D. stated it would be Lauren Ambrose. Does he always get these things right? 

BroadwayConcierge
#446Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 8/19/17 at 10:40am

Not sure where this would play into the schedule of rehearsing in/performing for a Broadway musical, but Ambrose was in the news recently, confirmed to return to The X-Files.

http://tvline.com/2017/08/14/the-x-files-season-11-robbie-amell-lauren-ambrose-returning/

Public User Profile Photo
Public User
#447Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 8/19/17 at 3:00pm

KathyNYC2 said: "I watched On Stage this morning on NY1 and Frank D. stated it would be Lauren Ambrose. Does he always get these things right? 

"Oh god, not again.

DramaTeach Profile Photo
DramaTeach
#448Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 8/19/17 at 3:06pm

I certainly hope not.  I wasn't excited for Benanti.  I'm less excited for Lauren Ambrose.

brian1973
#449Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 8/19/17 at 3:16pm

All of these Benanti/OHara messages are hilarious. They are TOO OLD and not doing it. They have cast an *unknown* as Eliza and are about to sign a name as Higgins. The show will be a huge sell out with whoever is doing it anyway given this teams pedigree.

Videos