#25EVERYBODY’S TALKING ABOUT JAMIE Film To Premiere On Amazon Prime 9/17
Posted: 8/30/21 at 10:19pm

Official poster for the movie.

EVERYBODY’S TALKING ABOUT JAMIE Film To Premiere On Amazon Prime 9/17

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#27EVERYBODY’S TALKING ABOUT JAMIE Film To Premiere On Amazon Prime 9/17
Posted: 9/11/21 at 12:02am

looking forward to it even though i never saw the stage version or even heard the recording

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."
Updated On: 9/11/21 at 12:02 AM

Hamilfan2
#28EVERYBODY’S TALKING ABOUT JAMIE Film To Premiere On Amazon Prime 9/17
Posted: 9/11/21 at 9:28am

Saw a screening this week and overall it’s really good! It’s super faithful to the stage show (despite cutting a few songs) so if you liked the stage show you will definitely like the movie. Beautifully shot and great performances across the board. Absolutely loved it and looking forward to watching it again when it comes out on Amazon Prime!

Moreski93
#29EVERYBODY’S TALKING ABOUT JAMIE Film To Premiere On Amazon Prime 9/17
Posted: 9/14/21 at 12:47pm

EVERYBODY'S TALKING ABOUT JAMIE REVIEW

Very interesting review I found on youtube. I love this couple's set!

Musical Master Profile Photo
Musical Master
#30EVERYBODY’S TALKING ABOUT JAMIE Film To Premiere On Amazon Prime 9/17
Posted: 9/14/21 at 1:02pm

So far the early reviews have been pretty positive, not praising it, but treating it as a perfectly decent movie musical that is recommendable. Which means it's off to a good start in comparison to Dear Evan Hansen.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#31EVERYBODY’S TALKING ABOUT JAMIE Film To Premiere On Amazon Prime 9/17
Posted: 9/14/21 at 2:11pm

Chaka Khan on the Soundtrack. I am in heaven. I worship that woman! Love the song and she sounds fantastic.

Just give the world Love.

fashionguru_23 Profile Photo
fashionguru_23
#32EVERYBODY’S TALKING ABOUT JAMIE Film To Premiere On Amazon Prime 9/17
Posted: 9/14/21 at 2:20pm

I saw on Twitter* (*maybe) that someone called the movie " A 2.5 hour long RuPaul's Drag Race makeup chair sob story"..Yikes...although, glad to see elsewhere it is being talked about better. 

"Ok ok ok ok ok ok ok. Have you guys heard about fidget spinners!?" ~Patti LuPone

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#33EVERYBODY’S TALKING ABOUT JAMIE Film To Premiere On Amazon Prime 9/17
Posted: 9/15/21 at 10:45pm

I have been picking through the soundtrack and just read the interview with Tom MacRae. In it he talks about the new song they added called "This Was Me" which gives a history of the gay community. So I popped it on. Such a good song and it took me back. The lyrics had me choked up a bit because they fully described that time long ago when the gay community was carefree until the AIDS epidemic hit and changed everything. I lived through that and lost a lot of friends. But it was a most amazing time to be a pert of the gay community.

I like that they added this song to give Jamie a bit of history of the gay community. JMO

Just give the world Love.
Updated On: 9/17/21 at 10:45 PM

Skip23 Profile Photo
Skip23
#34EVERYBODY’S TALKING ABOUT JAMIE Film To Premiere On Amazon Prime 9/17
Posted: 9/15/21 at 11:13pm

They tightened up some of the flabbiness of the stage show. Cutting those awful drag Queen numbers down/out.

SPOILERS

Casting was fine except for the EVAN HANSEN age-inappropriateness.

One misstep - the Mom was too “normal”. I think that role works better if she’s a bit “off”.

The Muslim girl is a gem. And that’s certainly a spectacular Prom!

Jamie was fine if a bit old. I missed the willowiness of John McCrea.

Richard Grant is perfect in a somewhat smaller role than the stage version.

And sometimes the boohooing over being a drag Queen wannabee drones on too long. But the movie’s intention is finally to entertain - and it does.

Owen22
#35EVERYBODY’S TALKING ABOUT JAMIE Film To Premiere On Amazon Prime 9/17
Posted: 9/16/21 at 4:13am

I am in Great Britain at the moment and the Curzon Theatre chain here will be showing Jamie in movie theatres starting tomorrow period

sng
#36EVERYBODY’S TALKING ABOUT JAMIE Film To Premiere On Amazon Prime 9/17
Posted: 9/16/21 at 5:15am

The film is currently at 84% fresh with 32 reviews on Rotten Tomatoes. certainly a better received movie musical in recent years

MrsSallyAdams Profile Photo
MrsSallyAdams
#37EVERYBODY’S TALKING ABOUT JAMIE Film To Premiere On Amazon Prime 9/17
Posted: 9/16/21 at 7:43am

I preferred the film to the stage show. The cuts tighten the pace. Richard E Grant’s new song is miles above the stage counterpart and ads some needed context. After watching the queer teens of The Prom film get treated as mopey punching bags it’s nice to see a queer teen lead with some agency and bite.

threepanelmusicals.blogspot.com

SpiritualGangster Profile Photo
SpiritualGangster
#38EVERYBODY’S TALKING ABOUT JAMIE Film To Premiere On Amazon Prime 9/17
Posted: 9/16/21 at 5:39pm

Owen22 said: "Jordan Catalano said: "I hope it’s also shown in theaters"

Unfortunately not. It will be exclusive to Prime.
"

It is showing in theaters. It's playing the Cinepolis on W 23rd.

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#39EVERYBODY’S TALKING ABOUT JAMIE Film To Premiere On Amazon Prime 9/17
Posted: 9/16/21 at 6:08pm

FYI, as far as I've seen, Prime always releases their new original movies early on Thursday night, and I believe around 8 p.m. ET is the norm. I'll post again when it goes live, for those who want to watch tonight.

Updated On: 9/16/21 at 06:08 PM

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#40EVERYBODY’S TALKING ABOUT JAMIE Film To Premiere On Amazon Prime 9/17
Posted: 9/16/21 at 7:48pm

Just watched the live film with John McCrea. Wow! What a fantastic musical all around. I had zero interest in this musical though I was fully aware of all the hype. After reading a few comments regarding the new film adaptation, I decided to watch the stage production first. So glad I did. In rare form, I was actually looking forward to the musical numbers. And yes, I stood for the curtain call. Their performance radiated off the screen. Excited to see the film adaptation now. The trailer NOW made sense to me. Hahaha.

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#41EVERYBODY’S TALKING ABOUT JAMIE Film To Premiere On Amazon Prime 9/17
Posted: 9/16/21 at 8:01pm

It's live on Prime now, although it's not featured on the home page yet, so you have to do a search.

Musical Master Profile Photo
Musical Master
#42EVERYBODY’S TALKING ABOUT JAMIE Film To Premiere On Amazon Prime 9/17
Posted: 9/17/21 at 9:59am

MrsSallyAdams said: "I preferred the film to the stage show. The cuts tighten the pace. Richard E Grant’s new song is miles above the stage counterpart and ads some needed context. After watching the queer teens of The Prom film get treated as mopey punching bags it’s nice to see a queer teen lead with some agency and bite."

I watched it last night and I fully agree with this. Amazon Prime finally has a very enjoyable movie musical from beginning to end, which was needed after sitting through Cinderella.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#43EVERYBODY’S TALKING ABOUT JAMIE Film To Premiere On Amazon Prime 9/17
Posted: 9/17/21 at 12:26pm

Skip23 said: "Jamie was fine if a bit old. I missed the willowiness of John McCrea. Max Harwood is 24 compared to John being 28. I didn’t think his age was inappropriate whatsoever.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#44EVERYBODY’S TALKING ABOUT JAMIE Film To Premiere On Amazon Prime 9/17
Posted: 9/17/21 at 12:33pm

Enjoyed this very much, great musical numbers and excellent acting. 

BrodyFosse123
#45EVERYBODY’S TALKING ABOUT JAMIE Film To Premiere On Amazon Prime 9/17
Posted: 9/17/21 at 2:11pm

Watched the stage version yesterday for the first time and LOVED the film adaptation enormously. Beyond faithful to the stage version, which was great to see.

VintageSnarker
#46EVERYBODY’S TALKING ABOUT JAMIE Film To Premiere On Amazon Prime 9/17
Posted: 9/17/21 at 2:24pm

Can't compare the stage and film versions but I went in with low expectations and found myself really enjoying it by the end. Priti was poorly written but the actress was good. I had some quibbles but the melodrama was surprisingly effective. I wish Richard E. Grant's character had been played by an openly gay actor but he was fine and I did like the song that's apparently a new addition. It really grounded the character and helped explain why he's so hopeful and supportive of Jamie. I think the weaker songs are towards the front (they're catchy but they're repetitive pop songs that don't do any storytelling) but as it unfolds, the songs get better and it's clear that it is a musical. The story is simple but the performances are great and it manages a deeply wholesome energy without being cloying or saccharine. The production numbers felt very TV but I think that helps calibrate your expectations for the vocals and the scale of the story.

BrodyFosse123
#47EVERYBODY’S TALKING ABOUT JAMIE Film To Premiere On Amazon Prime 9/17
Posted: 9/17/21 at 2:43pm

Call_me_jorge said: "Skip23 said: "Jamie was fine if a bit old. I missed the willowiness of John McCrea.Max Harwood is 24 compared to John being 28. I didn’t think his age was inappropriate whatsoever.”

In case many are unaware, John McCrea plays the young Loco Chanelle in the film.  

Marlothom Profile Photo
Marlothom
#48EVERYBODY’S TALKING ABOUT JAMIE Film To Premiere On Amazon Prime 9/17
Posted: 9/17/21 at 6:52pm

I thought this was enjoyable and surprisingly touching (also, age appropriate actors!).  Only issue was i could not make any of the words in the title song, which I am guessing was the Act 2 opener? It was able to make out the words (and enjoyed it more) in the credits.  

"Observe how bravely I conceal this dreadful dreadful shame I feel."

BWAY Baby2
#49EVERYBODY’S TALKING ABOUT JAMIE Film To Premiere On Amazon Prime 9/17
Posted: 9/17/21 at 8:13pm

Loved it.Saw the play in London- loved that too. A very up and inspirational musical. Way better than The Prom, IMO.

Videos