#25CAROLINE, OR CHANGE - Reviews
Posted: 10/27/21 at 9:36pm

^An embarrassment of riches

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#26CAROLINE, OR CHANGE - Reviews
Posted: 10/27/21 at 9:54pm

A rave from Deadline:

"Sharon D Clarke Triumphs In Masterful Revival Of Tony Kushner-Jeanine Tesori Musical"

https://deadline.com/2021/10/caroline-or-change-broadway-review-sharon-d-clark-tony-kushner-jeanine-tesori-1234861998/

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#27CAROLINE, OR CHANGE - Reviews
Posted: 10/27/21 at 10:02pm

A rave from The Hollywood Reporter:

"Anyone who has missed the overwhelming emotional power of a great Broadway musical in the past 19 months should look no further."

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/lifestyle/arts/caroline-or-change-broadway-review-1235038296/

Dan6
#28CAROLINE, OR CHANGE - Reviews
Posted: 10/27/21 at 10:10pm

Timon3 said: "I guess it is either this or Company for best revival."

It’ll also be up against Music Man and Funny Girl. Likely going to be a tough category. 

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#29CAROLINE, OR CHANGE - Reviews
Posted: 10/27/21 at 10:37pm

These are money reviews. Should be a good day around the Roundabout offices tomorrow.

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#30CAROLINE, OR CHANGE - Reviews
Posted: 10/27/21 at 10:39pm

So happy for everyone involved.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#31CAROLINE, OR CHANGE - Reviews
Posted: 10/27/21 at 11:07pm

This show and Sweeney Todd share the top spot as my favorite musicals. I have not been crazy about the clips I have seen from this production and decided not to see it. But now with these reviews, I may just have to go. I am thinking I will kick myself if I don't see it. 

Just give the world Love.

kdogg36 Profile Photo
kdogg36
#32CAROLINE, OR CHANGE - Reviews
Posted: 10/27/21 at 11:28pm

Jordan Catalano said: "New York Times

A Critics Pick.
"

Jordan, I’m so glad you like this revival. The original production emerged at a time when I wasn’t seeing many Broadway shows, and I’ve always regretted not seeing a masterwork with such an amazing reputation. I’m glad to have another opportunity to see this show in early December. Frankly I can’t wait, and I would have been a bit disappointed if it didn’t have your imprimatur. 

BCfitasafiddle
#33CAROLINE, OR CHANGE - Reviews
Posted: 10/28/21 at 12:05am

What great reviews! I'm thrilled.

Was hoping for more praise mentioned for Caissie Levy. She's doing fabulous work in this. Best I've seen of her. And she has done a lot over the last 10 years.

Updated On: 10/28/21 at 12:05 AM

BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
#34CAROLINE, OR CHANGE - Reviews
Posted: 10/28/21 at 12:28am

Direction wasn’t great for this in my eyes because the show deserves more, but glad the show is getting some second eyes! Clarke is giving amazing work in this.

BJR Profile Photo
BJR
#35CAROLINE, OR CHANGE - Reviews
Posted: 10/28/21 at 12:28am

Thrilled for these reviews.

It feels great to have the show finally recognized, and this production praised for how stunning it is. I genuinely hope it translates into tickets sold.

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#36CAROLINE, OR CHANGE - Reviews
Posted: 10/28/21 at 12:56am

To the person who kept trying to post some inside scoop about this production: LOL

JasonC3
#37CAROLINE, OR CHANGE - Reviews
Posted: 10/28/21 at 1:00am

Vulture says The Time Is Now, Finally, for Caroline, or Change, but is very curious about the comma in the title.

kwoc91
#38CAROLINE, OR CHANGE - Reviews
Posted: 10/28/21 at 8:37am

Loving these reviews! I need to see this one again before its run is over. 

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#39CAROLINE, OR CHANGE - Reviews
Posted: 10/28/21 at 9:17am

I am glad this masterpiece has been vindicated, almost twenty years later. Hopefully all of these raves will persuade more people to discover the show.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#40CAROLINE, OR CHANGE - Reviews
Posted: 10/28/21 at 9:28am

Jake was there last night and nobody told me to rush over.

I’m angry.

Also, looking at the opening night photos the only OBC cast member there was Ramona Keller, which really surprised me. I had been hoping to see “reunion” pics with some of that cast.

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#41CAROLINE, OR CHANGE - Reviews
Posted: 10/28/21 at 9:52am

We saw the matinee performance on October 23. Clarke's rendition of "Lot's Wife" was like a nuclear bomb. Also, kudos to the lighting designer for that scene.

==> this board is a nest of vipers <==

"Michael Riedel...The Perez Hilton of the New York Theatre scene"
- Craig Hepworth, What's On Stage

unclevictor Profile Photo
unclevictor
#42CAROLINE, OR CHANGE - Reviews
Posted: 10/28/21 at 10:55am

Great reviews! Hope they save the show from a early demise! (Looking doubtful)

KJisgroovy Profile Photo
KJisgroovy
#43CAROLINE, OR CHANGE - Reviews
Posted: 10/28/21 at 11:16am

What's the deal with that dude? ^^^^^^^^^

Jesus saves. I spend.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#44CAROLINE, OR CHANGE - Reviews
Posted: 10/28/21 at 11:24am

Just one of a handful of people here now who infect every thread with their nonsense.

BJR Profile Photo
BJR
#45CAROLINE, OR CHANGE - Reviews
Posted: 10/28/21 at 11:56am

And I must say, after the year and a half we've had, the trolls delighting in unemployment and misery really are somethin. They were pre-pandemic, but now it's really quite sad.

unclevictor Profile Photo
unclevictor
#46CAROLINE, OR CHANGE - Reviews
Posted: 10/28/21 at 12:01pm

BJR said: "And I must say, after the year and a half we've had, the trolls delighting in unemployment and misery really are somethin. They were pre-pandemic, but now it's really quite sad."

I couldn’t agree more! Trolls like Hogan and company delighting in other people’s misery is horrible. They will not prevail!

JasonC3
#47CAROLINE, OR CHANGE - Reviews
Posted: 10/28/21 at 1:26pm

unclevictor said: "Great reviews! Hope they save the show from a early demise! (Looking doubtful)"

Your repeated doubts for this production have been convincingly dismissed by others already.

BWAY Baby2
#48CAROLINE, OR CHANGE - Reviews
Posted: 10/28/21 at 1:31pm

So great to see a serious musical get such amazing reviews. 

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#49CAROLINE, OR CHANGE - Reviews
Posted: 10/28/21 at 2:07pm

Modern Roundabout shows will always complete their initial runs, regardless of what some idiot on here delights in saying. Not only do they have guaranteed audiences in the form of pre-paid subscribers, but they run on the cheaper LORT contract, not production contracts, for their initially scheduled runs (extensions switch to higher paying contract).

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Videos