pixeltracker

HOW I LEARNED TO DRIVE Reviews- Page 2

HOW I LEARNED TO DRIVE Reviews

east side story Profile Photo
east side story
#25HOW I LEARNED TO DRIVE Reviews
Posted: 4/20/22 at 8:27am

With these kind of reviews, MLP is winning her third Tony.  There's no getting around that.  

pippy1
#26How I Learned To Drive
Posted: 4/20/22 at 8:54am

I have tickets to see this with my daughter in a few weeks and I literally can not wait. https://www.nytimes.com/2022/04/19/theater/how-i-learned-to-drive-review.html

Mary-Louise Parker is truly one of the most incredible theater actors. We saw her in Sound Inside right before the pandemic and I was in awe. I can’t wait to see her in this show.

BJR Profile Photo
BJR
#27HOW I LEARNED TO DRIVE Reviews
Posted: 4/20/22 at 9:34am

CityLights3 said: "I stand by my earlier statement, best reviewed production of the season so far. There’s just something very special about this production. MLP & DM are clear award front runners imo, and honoring Paula Vogels pretty outstanding work should probably garner this production Best Revival as well."

Give Vogel a damn Tony already!

CityLights3
#28How I Learned To Drive
Posted: 4/20/22 at 9:43am

Updated On: 4/20/22 at 09:43 AM

sppunk
#29How I Learned To Drive
Posted: 4/20/22 at 6:50pm

Is there any chance this extends? Had tickets twice that Covid killed and can’r get back to nyc until June - two weeks after closing.  So sad. 

Play  Esq. Profile Photo
Play Esq.
#30How I Learned To Drive
Posted: 4/20/22 at 7:02pm

Went to the BO today. Per the BO attendant, tickets went up this am. Slim pickings but managed to get center mezzanine with the Brodwaybox code, 120 per ticket.

Stephen75
#31How I Learned To Drive
Posted: 4/23/22 at 8:21pm

This was a stunning experience. You just get the feeling you are in the hands of absolute masters of their craft watching Parker, Morse, and Day act (that is no slight to Myers and Gold, who are good, just aren't given as much to do as the others.) There is nothing else to be said that hasn't been said already about Morse and Parker, it is truly acting of the highest order. But allow me to give a shoutout to Day, who has been so good for so long and who delivers an emotional gut-punch of a monologue in this that reminded me of Laurie Metcalf's aria in Three Tall Women, the highest compliment I can pay a performer/play. All three should be wining Tony's.

This is clearly the show of the season to me, the exception being Dana H. 

kurtal
#32How I Learned To Drive
Posted: 4/24/22 at 12:23am

I saw this tonight, and it was brilliant and devastating as expected.  But there was some crazy something happening with the sound.  There was a chirping sound that kept showing up throughout the show.  I couldn't tell if it was a mis-functioning mic or a hearing assistance device with a low battery...but it was brutally distracting.  So, weird anomalous sound issues notwithstanding, this was theatre at its finest.

BMcGregor
#33How I Learned To Drive
Posted: 4/27/22 at 2:39pm

I'm also desperately hoping for an extension into June. I'm hoping some love from the Tony nominators could give them a few more weeks so I can catch this. 

ilysespieces
#34How I Learned To Drive
Posted: 4/27/22 at 3:47pm

pippy1 said: "I have tickets to see this with my daughter in a few weeks and I literally can not wait.https://www.nytimes.com/2022/04/19/theater/how-i-learned-to-drive-review.html

Mary-Louise Parker is truly one of the most incredible theater actors. We saw her in Sound Inside right before the pandemic and I was in awe. I can’t wait to see her in this show.
"

I will see anything MLP is in. Sound Inside was my first show after taking some time away from seeing shows after having my baby, it was a great show to come back to. I've also seen her in Hedda Gabbler and she's amazing in everything she does.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#35How I Learned To Drive
Posted: 4/27/22 at 4:37pm

We don’t talk about Hedda, no no. 

sppunk
#36How I Learned To Drive
Posted: 4/27/22 at 7:14pm

I moved around my May schedule so I can come see this the 3rd weekend.  I’m so excited. Can anyone tell me what the current runtime is? Need to decide if I be we’d to bring my backpack to catch my 530 train (I doubt I do but want to make sure!) 

ElephantLoveMedley
#37How I Learned To Drive
Posted: 4/27/22 at 7:15pm

sppunk said: "I moved around my May schedule so I can come see this the 3rd weekend. I’m so excited. Can anyone tell me what the current runtime is? Need to decide if I be we’d to bring my backpack to catch my 530 train (I doubt I do but want to make sure!)"

It's an hour and 45 minutes! saw an 8:00 performance and was on the street by 9:50.

nasty_khakis
#38How I Learned To Drive
Posted: 4/27/22 at 7:40pm

Jordan Catalano said: "We don’t talk about Hedda, no no."

I worked front of house on that and...even I have stories. 

east side story
#39How I Learned To Drive
Posted: 4/27/22 at 7:41pm

nasty_khakis said: "Jordan Catalano said: "We don’t talk about Hedda, no no."

I worked front of house on that and...even I have stories.
"

Ooh, give us one good one!

sppunk
#40How I Learned To Drive
Posted: 4/27/22 at 9:54pm

ElephantLoveMedley said: "sppunk said: "I moved around my May schedule so I can come see this the 3rd weekend. I’m so excited. Can anyone tell me what the current runtime is? Need to decide if I be we’d to bring my backpack to catch my 530 train (I doubt I do but want to make sure!)"

It's an hour and 45 minutes! saw an 8:00 performance and was on the street by 9:50.
"

Good deal, thank you! Out by 4 (if it starts a few minutes late plus time to exit) gives me tons of time. Can. Not. Wait. 

east side story
#41How I Learned To Drive
Posted: 4/30/22 at 8:18pm

A stunning production!

Re: Tony Awards — MLP easily wins again. Morse could, too. I also think this is taking Revival.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#42How I Learned To Drive
Posted: 4/30/22 at 8:20pm

Yeah, I can’t imagine a world in which she doesn’t win for this.

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#43How I Learned To Drive
Posted: 4/30/22 at 8:45pm

The only trouble I have is figuring out in what season I last saw a performance or pair of performances that equal these. 

DiscoCrows Profile Photo
DiscoCrows
#44How I Learned To Drive
Posted: 5/1/22 at 1:05pm

So on MTC's season site, the ticketing calendar panel has been extended from May (with all current shows posted), and now includes the June and July calendar— no show dates/telecharge links posted on those months yet. But, they are there. An extension?!

UncleCharlie
#45How I Learned To Drive
Posted: 5/2/22 at 2:59am

DiscoCrows said: "So on MTC's season site, the ticketing calendar panel has been extended from May (with all current shows posted), and now includes the June and July calendar— no show dates/telecharge links posted on those months yet. But, they are there. An extension?!"

I don't think it means anything. MTC did the same thing for their off Broadway show which runs through June 12 but a blank calendar is up for July as well. I think it's just a generic thing they do showing a 3 month calendar. However, I'd be very happy for them to prove me wrong.

raddersons Profile Photo
raddersons
#46How I Learned To Drive
Posted: 5/2/22 at 12:16pm

FYI Jill Biden saw the show yesterday afternoon. 

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#47How I Learned To Drive
Posted: 5/2/22 at 12:37pm

As much as I think this production deserves to run as long as the original OB production, sadly, it is not selling well so an extension seems doubtful to me. 

viagalactica6
#48How I Learned To Drive
Posted: 5/9/22 at 3:13pm

Is anyone aware as to whether or not HOW I LEARNED T DRIVE are selling 'RUS' tickets? I understand that since it has opened tickets are now scarce and hard to purchase. Is that true?

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#49How I Learned To Drive
Posted: 5/9/22 at 3:21pm

viagalactica6 said: "Is anyone aware as to whether or not HOW I LEARNED T DRIVE are selling 'RUS' tickets? I understand that since it has opened tickets are now scarce and hard to purchase. Is that true?"

Tickets are neither scarce nor tough to purchase. The show hasn't sold well up to this point despite reviews, and I don't expect reviews will change that majorly.

If you are referring to digital rush tickets, that info is available here.

Videos