pixeltracker

Patti LuPone gives up equity card - Page 2

Patti LuPone gives up equity card

bdn223 Profile Photo
bdn223
#25Patti LuPone gives up equity card
Posted: 10/17/22 at 12:29pm

Dollypop said: "Does anyone here know how her name was "bandied about""

She and her reputation were constantly being compared to the actions of both Lillias White and Sara Porkalob with the connotation that if Patti did these things we would all be applauding. 

JSquared2
#26Patti LuPone gives up equity card
Posted: 10/17/22 at 12:29pm

Dylan Smith4 said: "So it is official now! July 31, 2022, was Queen LuPone's last time on a Broadway Stage! The Great Bright Way won't be the same without her! We do not deserve the amazing talent she holds!"

OFFS --- dial it down a few notches.

WldKingdomHM Profile Photo
WldKingdomHM
#27Patti LuPone gives up equity card
Posted: 10/17/22 at 12:34pm

Also …isn’t she filming the life goes on reboot soon ?

Emma_Pillsbury Profile Photo
Emma_Pillsbury
#28Patti LuPone gives up equity card
Posted: 10/17/22 at 12:36pm

Dylan Smith4 said: "So it is official now! July 31, 2022, was Queen LuPone's last time on a Broadway Stage! The Great Bright Way won't be the same without her! We do not deserve the amazing talent she holds!"

We also do not deserve to be subjected to her infantile behavior. 

JasonC3
#29Patti LuPone gives up equity card
Posted: 10/17/22 at 12:36pm

putting the D in Diva since April 21, 1949

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#30Patti LuPone gives up equity card
Posted: 10/17/22 at 12:39pm

WldKingdomHM said: "Also …isn’t she filming the life goes on reboot soon ?"

She’s NOT retiring, folks!  She has several projects lined-up so she’ll continue working.  She’s fed up with Broadway not the entertainment industry.  Heck, if she’s done with Broadway she can continue doing stage work globally, just not on Broadway.  

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#31Patti LuPone gives up equity card
Posted: 10/17/22 at 12:39pm

Just want to congratulate whichever gay man now gets to change his Equity name to Patti LuPone.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#32Patti LuPone gives up equity card
Posted: 10/17/22 at 12:43pm

Jordan Catalano said: "Just want to congratulate whichever gay man now gets to change his Equity name to Patti LuPone."

Well, since the window to take Lea Michele’s equity name has now closed, hopefully someone takes advantage of this.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

verywellthensigh
#33Patti LuPone gives up equity card
Posted: 10/17/22 at 1:06pm

It's 2022.

If you're not saying SADH to someone/something, just what are you doing, anyway?

BorisTomashevsky
#34Patti LuPone gives up equity card
Posted: 10/17/22 at 1:11pm

AEA holds the name for five years.

darquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
#35Patti LuPone gives up equity card
Posted: 10/17/22 at 1:35pm

Patti LuPone Gypsy, then.

Jordan Catalano
#36Patti LuPone gives up equity card
Posted: 10/17/22 at 1:37pm

BorisTomashevsky said: "AEA holds the name for five years."

Ok fine. Patti L. LuPone

AEA AGMA SM
#37Patti LuPone gives up equity card
Posted: 10/17/22 at 1:40pm

Jordan Catalano said: "BorisTomashevsky said: "AEA holds the name for five years."

Ok fine. Patti L. LuPone
"

You know there's going to be some TikTok fan (or whatever the trendy app will be at the time) starting a Change.org petition once she finally does leave us to officially retire her name the way sports teams will retire a player's number.

Jordan Catalano
#38Patti LuPone gives up equity card
Posted: 10/17/22 at 1:49pm

And of course to have a theater renamed. Because everyone has to have a theater named after them. 

Phantom4ever
#39Patti LuPone gives up equity card
Posted: 10/17/22 at 1:58pm

I took her comment to mean that she is tired of fighting the fight against the encroachment of devices in theater. She probably thinks that it's understandable for Lillias White to think it was a recording to device. With the absolute explosion of videos recently (especially for 1776 and Funny Girl), and with the vitriol against Lillias White for joining Patti's unofficial campaign against bootlegs, (albeit in a sloppy and arguably disrespectful way) Patti probably feels that her battle is a losing one and she is throwing up her hands. Now obviously she wants us all to realize the error of our ways and say that it was worth upsetting this woman with hearing issues if it meant possibly stopping a recording in progress. And now every time someone records or uses their phone, they will probably respond that it's a listening device and we are terrible people, like Patti LuPone, for even suggesting otherwise. 

felixleiter
#40Patti LuPone gives up equity card
Posted: 10/17/22 at 2:02pm

She's joking.    How is anyone taking this seriously?

Jordan Catalano
#41Patti LuPone gives up equity card
Posted: 10/17/22 at 2:41pm

felixleiter said: "She's joking. How is anyone taking this seriously?"

Did you let Patti know she was joking because she seems to think she was serious. 

Patti’s New Statement

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#42Patti LuPone gives up equity card
Posted: 10/17/22 at 2:56pm

The update in that Playbill article:

Contacted for a further comment, LuPone shared the following: "When the run of Company ended this past July, I knew I wouldn’t be on stage for a very long time. And at that point I made the decision to resign from Equity."

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#43Patti LuPone gives up equity card
Posted: 10/17/22 at 2:59pm

So the decision has nothing to do with the Lilias White meshugas lol

Bill Snibson Profile Photo
Bill Snibson
#44Patti LuPone gives up equity card
Posted: 10/17/22 at 3:06pm

Well, the timing and word choice of “name being bandied about” speaks otherwise. Patti is all about Patti and always needs to be the focus. This is a very calculated move. 

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#45Patti LuPone gives up equity card
Posted: 10/17/22 at 3:21pm

She's 73 and has had an incredible career. If she's done, I wish her nothing but the best. She's a legend and that will never change. 

MysteriousLady
#46Patti LuPone gives up equity card
Posted: 10/17/22 at 3:22pm

Because it's Patti people are reading too much into this.

She was just making a lighthearted comment due to her name being bandied about in reference to the Lilias incident. 

It's her way of saying "please excuse me from this narrative" because I gave up my equity card after Company and I have nothing to do with The Circus (Broadway drama) anymore. 

DiscoCrows Profile Photo
DiscoCrows
#47Patti LuPone gives up equity card
Posted: 10/17/22 at 3:51pm

MysteriousLady said: "Because it's Patti people are reading too much into this.

She was just making a lighthearted comment due to her name being bandied about in reference to the Lilias incident.

It's her way of saying "please excuse me from this narrative" because I gave up my equity card after Company and I have nothing to do with The Circus (Broadway drama) anymore.
"

Quite literally, exactly this.

Bill Snibson Profile Photo
Bill Snibson
#48Patti LuPone gives up equity card
Posted: 10/17/22 at 4:06pm

Nothing Patti does is “light-hearted”. This is pointed and she knew exactly what she was doing and the response that this tweet would get. 

Theatrefanboy1
#49Patti LuPone gives up equity card
Posted: 10/17/22 at 4:19pm

Oh this is perfect news for this non-equity theatre I know that is looking for an Eva peron for their local theatre performance this spring. They were saying they needed someone like a patti lupone 

Videos