pixeltracker

For all you performers, what are you working on right now?- Page 2

For all you performers, what are you working on right now?

whimsical
#25re: For all you performers, what are you working on right now?
Posted: 12/23/04 at 2:01pm

I just finished a run of Smokey Joe's Cafe at my university, but we entered it in a competition (the Kennedy Center American Theatre Festival) and won so we're moving on to Arkansas and performing it again next semester. If we win that, we move to Washington DC and perform at the Kennedy Center.

Also, I have auditions for Proof, Ragtime, and Halcyon Days coming up, so we'll see how that turns out!

CurtainUp Profile Photo
CurtainUp
#26re: For all you performers, what are you working on right now?
Posted: 12/23/04 at 2:05pm

My school's choral department is having it's annual Broadway revue-Dessert on Broadway-in Feb. As I bragged about twice earlier, I just got cast as Miss Hannigan singing "Little Girls" from Annie. There are some freshman girls doing "Hard Knock Life" and I get to yell at them! :-P I'm SOOO excited!

My drama class has a competition piece and we're doing "Doctor in Spite of Himself" and I'm the mute, Lucinde. Very few lines but very much fun!

Rosencrantz: "Be happy - if you're not even HAPPY what's so good about surviving? We'll be all right. I suppose we just go on." - from Tom Stoppard's Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead
Updated On: 12/23/04 at 02:05 PM

PennyLou Profile Photo
PennyLou
#27re: For all you performers, what are you working on right now?
Posted: 12/23/04 at 2:12pm

I'm working on getting ready for auditioning Schools with coming February for next fall, that is my major performing focus right now!

Grace: My love for you is like this scar (points to elbow) ulgy but permanent!

LiTtLeDaNcEr729 Profile Photo
LiTtLeDaNcEr729
#28re: For all you performers, what are you working on right now?
Posted: 12/23/04 at 2:23pm

Lorraine in 42nd Street at a community theatre...

JoshuaEads Profile Photo
JoshuaEads
#29re: For all you performers, what are you working on right now?
Posted: 12/23/04 at 2:54pm

Currently rehearsing Tobias in "Sweeney Todd" in Central Florida, which opens January 14th and runs through February 13th (I think...) Dream role, dream cast, dream director...you should come see it if you get a chance. re: For all you performers, what are you working on right now? (icehousetheatre.com)

And I am directing productions of "Grease!" and "Mame!" as well.

Love,
Joshie

My lip gloss is poppin'...

Drew7810 Profile Photo
Drew7810
#30re: For all you performers, what are you working on right now?
Posted: 12/23/04 at 3:10pm

Well, it is interesting actually. I graduated from college in 2001 and was trying to find work in the theatre, not necessarily as a performer...but work! Well, I was having no luck and really wanted to keep my creative juices flowin' so I started doing drag!

And 3 years later...I just got done doing a drag Christmas parody of THE CHRISTMAS CAROL. In March, I will be debuting a "one-woman" show! LOL! It keeps me on my toes, and I have created a character that is ridiculously fun to play with and expand upon!
SuperDragQueen.Com

perfectliar
#31re: For all you performers, what are you working on right now?
Posted: 12/23/04 at 3:12pm

Understudying the role of David in Torch Song Trilogy.

Beginning rehearsals for my high school production of Grease next month.

Auditioning for Sweet Charity and Seussical in a couple weeks.

SuddenlyMara
#32re: For all you performers, what are you working on right now?
Posted: 12/23/04 at 4:05pm

Er...Rosie in my high school production of Bye Bye Birdie? *cowers with shame*

GovernorSlaton Profile Photo
GovernorSlaton
#33re: For all you performers, what are you working on right now?
Posted: 12/23/04 at 4:11pm

Just finished a run as Mysterious Man in Woods...now, I'm in rehearsals for Secret Garden (Archibald).

SallyBrown Profile Photo
SallyBrown
#34re: For all you performers, what are you working on right now?
Posted: 12/23/04 at 4:12pm

I'm performing YAGMCB and in rehearsal for Peter Pan..it's fun, theatre is like my entire after school schedule WOOT

"It's a great feeling of power to be naked in front of people. We're happy to watch actual incredible graphic violence and gore, but as soon as somebody's naked it seems like the public goes a bit bananas about the whole thing."

MyNameInLights Profile Photo
MyNameInLights
#35re: For all you performers, what are you working on right now?
Posted: 12/23/04 at 4:18pm

Being an audience member because I never get a callback.

"The stage is where I live and come alive and act out all the things that go on in my life. It's not just what I do for a living, it's my shrink and my love affair. No one in my life has ever or ever will kiss me on the mouth like this lover called my relationship with my performance."

SallyBrown Profile Photo
SallyBrown
#36re: For all you performers, what are you working on right now?
Posted: 12/23/04 at 4:20pm

Aw I'm sorry MyNameinLights, it will come!

"It's a great feeling of power to be naked in front of people. We're happy to watch actual incredible graphic violence and gore, but as soon as somebody's naked it seems like the public goes a bit bananas about the whole thing."

cathywellerstein Profile Photo
cathywellerstein
#37re: For all you performers, what are you working on right now?
Posted: 12/23/04 at 4:51pm

just got cast as meg in damn yankees! my first big part! yay!

SallyBrown Profile Photo
SallyBrown
#38re: For all you performers, what are you working on right now?
Posted: 12/23/04 at 4:52pm

congrats!

musicalfandukie Profile Photo
musicalfandukie
#39re: For all you performers, what are you working on right now?
Posted: 12/23/04 at 6:21pm

I'm playing Lun Tha in The King And I at VWCT in Ohio.

Schmack Profile Photo
Schmack
#40re: For all you performers, what are you working on right now?
Posted: 12/23/04 at 6:26pm

Just finished:

Evita (Ensemble, Military - i had a solo in "A New Argentina.")

Sweet Charity (Frug Soloist, Manfred, Daddy Acolyte)

Upcoming:

Tom in Big River (March.)

I just found out last week that my high school is workshopping a world premiere of a musical my teachers wrote and I got the lead, which is exciting. It's about female pirates - we shall see how that goes! (March.)

"Johnny cheated. Frankie killed him. Johnny cheated so Frankie killed him. Shot and killed him. Don't blame her - I'd have done it, too."

Link Larkin Wanabe Profile Photo
Link Larkin Wanabe
#41re: For all you performers, what are you working on right now?
Posted: 12/23/04 at 6:32pm

Just finished a super-succsessful run as Motel in a big outdoor production of Fiddler on the Roof

Upcoming: This summer I am playing Tommy Keeler in a big outdoor production of Annie Get Your Gun.

Akiva

The Distinctive Baritone Profile Photo
The Distinctive Baritone
#42re: For all you performers, what are you working on right now?
Posted: 12/23/04 at 7:47pm

I'm a senior at Indiana University, where I just finished playing Looseleaf in "Happy Birthday Wanda June" (Kurt Vonnegut's only play--cheers to anyone who's ever heard of it). Next up I'm playing Gerald Ford/various ensemble parts in a student production of "Assassins." It kind of sucks to be in "Assassins" and not be, well, one of the assassins, but I guess it's better than sitting on my ass wishing I were in a show.

BwayTheatre11
#43re: For all you performers, what are you working on right now?
Posted: 12/23/04 at 7:54pm

Ain't Misbehavin' is playing at the Weathervane Community Playhouse. It is listed on MTI, too, at the bottom of the page.

http://www.mtishows.com/show_home.asp?id=000002

http://www.weathervaneplayhouse.com

CCM '10!

BwayTheatre11
#44re: For all you performers, what are you working on right now?
Posted: 12/23/04 at 7:57pm

Here are some press pics I just found. They must have taken them onstage, because you can still see the brown floor, lol.:

re: For all you performers, what are you working on right now?

Carolyn is from the South Bronx...

Jennifer Jeter (Armelia) holds a BA degree in scenic design and an MA degreein performance art from The University of Akron. She has been seen in productions at Weathervane, Karamu House, ACT, Coach House Theatre and The Players Guild to mention a few. She has also directed for Karamu House, Firestone Theatre, The University of Akron and Weathervane.

Lakesha "Keysha" Toney (Nell Carter) was seen in Weathervane's production of The Colored Museum. She has also appeared in productions at the Youngstown Playhouse and at Kent State University.

Carolyn Orr (Charlaine) is new to Weathervane Playhouse. She was raised in the South Bronx where she sang at church until the age of 15. At that time, she began studying under Professor Alex Bradford, her uncle, in his theater group, "Creative Movement Repertory Theater." She is a member of the Air Force Reserves with the 910th Medical Squadron in Youngstown.

Aric Calhoun (Andre) has been seen in productions at the Cassidy Theatre, Karamu House and Beck Center including Working, Ragtime and Five Guys Named Moe. We welcome him to Weathervane.

Eric B. Turner (Ken) is a part time Academic Advisor at The University of Akron. He holds degrees in education administration, music theory and vocal performance and has a Ph.D. from the International College of Bible Theology. He serves as a staff Pastor and Minister of Music at Akron's United Baptist Church.

CCM '10!
Updated On: 12/23/04 at 07:57 PM

show2n2 Profile Photo
show2n2
#45re: For all you performers, what are you working on right now?
Posted: 12/23/04 at 8:52pm

Hey Bdway Theatre ~

Thnx for the info. Have a good one.

Love this Thread.

Currently, I'm just being a good audience member :) Updated On: 12/23/04 at 08:52 PM

StephanietheStar Profile Photo
StephanietheStar
#46re: For all you performers, what are you working on right now?
Posted: 12/23/04 at 8:58pm

I hope to be in "Angels in America" (auditions in Jan...I may get the Angel! and her manifestations for those familiar) and maybe a role in "smoke on the mountain"...I need to be in something I'm going through withdrawls! I haven't been in anything for a while!

and all that I could do because of you was talk of love...

#47re: For all you performers, what are you working on right now?
Posted: 12/23/04 at 9:45pm

JoshuaEads :

My friend and I are all excited to come see Sweeny Todd! Ever since we've known about it! I hope you do well!

rock00 Profile Photo
rock00
#48re: For all you performers, what are you working on right now?
Posted: 12/24/04 at 1:57am

Booth...Assassins...Jersey (Feb/Mar).

-b

Every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around...

jarred03
#49re: For all you performers, what are you working on right now?
Posted: 12/24/04 at 2:39am

I am busy this year: I am just starting rehearsals for a play called Amazing Daedalus, then I will be in Romeo and Juliet, then Guys And Dolls and possibly Seussical at the same time, and an independent film or 2 will be thrown in there sometime. All this will last until August so hopefully I can do some thing else before I leave for school in August.

Videos