pixeltracker

Golden Globe Noms today!- Page 2

Golden Globe Noms today!

filmgirl325 Profile Photo
filmgirl325
#25re: Golden Globe Noms today!
Posted: 12/13/05 at 10:22am

I'm thrilled for Will Ferrell and Steve Carell...yeah he's not on broadway but yay for his nom for The Office!

"It's the smile you smile that counts, happy thoughts in large amounts, any problem you can trounce, you can bounce right back."--Donald O'Connor

Tom1071 Profile Photo
Tom1071
#26re: Golden Globe Noms today!
Posted: 12/13/05 at 10:25am

"But there is a BIG difference between a theatre experience and a movie experience. You cannot have the same experience twice in a row."

That really wasn't the point of my post. And I am well aware of the differences between live theatre and film. Whether I had the same experience twice has nothing to do with the film not being nominated.

TonyaFanatic Profile Photo
TonyaFanatic
#27re: Golden Globe Noms today!
Posted: 12/13/05 at 10:28am

Terence Howard was phenomonal in hustle and flow...his nomination was well desrved

"Girl, this cupcake is the jumpoff"- Adriane Lenox

kates422
#28re: Golden Globe Noms today!
Posted: 12/13/05 at 10:33am

re: Golden Globe Noms today! I'm bummed Rent didn't atleast get ONE nomination. Booooo!

defying_gravity2
#29re: Golden Globe Noms today!
Posted: 12/13/05 at 10:33am

This is exteremly dissappointig. RENT deserved to get some acting nods at least. The acting was really phenominal. This is sad....

Pillowpants. 'Nuff said.

Patronus Profile Photo
Patronus
#30re: Golden Globe Noms today!
Posted: 12/13/05 at 10:36am

I agree with you Tom1071. In fact, I would have been suprised if Rent had received any nominations. I know a lot of people loved it, but it was really a pretty sloppy film from a technical standpoint.

I could see it picking up an MTV Movie Award Nomination or two, but that's probably about it.

Kass983 Profile Photo
Kass983
#31re: Golden Globe Noms today!
Posted: 12/13/05 at 10:47am

I've never been able to stand Will Farrel, or however you spell his name. He's in EVERYTHING! From all appearances it looks like he did well in The Producers...but I simply don't like him.

I'm very disappointed that RENT didn't receive anything; GG were their best chance I thought. Gonna go cry now.

TheQuibbler Profile Photo
TheQuibbler
#32re: Golden Globe Noms today!
Posted: 12/13/05 at 10:49am

I'm not really surprised by Rent's lack of nominations. The one thng that bothers me is that they consider Walk the Line as Musical/Comedy, which it is not. It is a film with music, but it is not a musical (and it certainly isn't a comedy). They made that mistake with Ray last year.

jasobres
#33re: Golden Globe Noms today!
Posted: 12/13/05 at 10:58am

Why did The Producers get nominated when it isn't even out in theaters yet???? Why isn't anyone noticing this?

"Ev'ry-buddy wants ta get into de act!" - Jimmy Durante "Breathe from your hoo-hoo." -Kristin Chenoweth

#34re: Golden Globe Noms today!
Posted: 12/13/05 at 10:58am

I'm very disappointed that Will Ferrell got the nomination for Best Supporting Actor, vs. Gary Beach who brilliantly re-creates his Broadway role in this film and should have been nominated. I have seen the film, and Ferrell's performance was one-dimensional. Obviously, politics and box office draw play a huge part in this whole thing.

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#35re: Golden Globe Noms today!
Posted: 12/13/05 at 11:05am

People! It's the Hollywood Foreign Press who does the GOlden Globes. The nominations are ALWAYS a bit off, and weird. These are the people who nominated Goldie Hawn for Best Actress in The Banger Sisters. Don't waste your time stressing about these awards, they really, though great to be nominated, mean nothing next to the Oscars, which are usually (not always) more spot on.

menzelphaba Profile Photo
menzelphaba
#36re: Golden Globe Noms today!
Posted: 12/13/05 at 11:10am

AOL (Reuter) Entertainment News is posting that Rent got three nominations...for Best Soundtrack, Best Ensemble Cast, and Best Song with Seasons of Love....I'm confused.....

Pinguin Profile Photo
Pinguin
#37re: Golden Globe Noms today!
Posted: 12/13/05 at 11:11am

Well, the noms have certainly made my ears pick up for Match Point -I was surprised at the nominations it received!

That's awesome about The Producers, in my opinion...I don't really care that Rent didn't get nominated -the film is not very impressive, and very unlikely to really get people excited enough to vote for it.

-Anyone want to turn anarchist with me?

"Bless you and all who know you, oh wise and penguined one." ~YouWantItWhen????

Mother's Younger Brother Profile Photo
Mother's Younger Brother
#38re: Golden Globe Noms today!
Posted: 12/13/05 at 11:26am

I too am disappointed about the Rent situation. I think the problem may be the category. Lumping "musicals" and "comedies" together makes no sense at all, and might have back when there were no musicals. But come on..."Walk the Line" is NOT a musical. And "Pride & Prejudice" a "comedy?" Hmmmmm....

Anyway, I've been disappointed with what I've seen of The Producers movie. It seems to me that The Producers translates more poorly to film than Rent did. I love The Producers on stage, but haven't seen one clip of the movie that was funny to me (including Will Ferrell).

Hmmm...what a bummer.

Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
#39re: Golden Globe Noms today!
Posted: 12/13/05 at 11:43am

Just because the Golden Globes have a catagory called musical/comedy doesn't mean they should nominate a film just because its a musical. RENT got terrible reviews. So did MEMOIRS OF A GEISHA -- neither made the best picture cut, it's not that big of a surprise really.

And yes this years GG race is decidly bizarre (the most odd omission being MUNICH from the BP lineup), and I agree that the BP lineup is going to be different at the Oscars (watch out for KONG), but RENT will probably go zero there as well.

ShuQ Profile Photo
ShuQ
#40re: Golden Globe Noms today!
Posted: 12/13/05 at 12:19pm

I'm very disappointed to see no RENT on the list...I was really expecting to see it in at least some category.

ShuQ Profile Photo
ShuQ
#41re: Golden Globe Noms today!
Posted: 12/13/05 at 12:22pm

Michael Bennett...the reviews for RENT were not terrible. They were not all fantastic, but I think it can be agreed that terrible is a stretch.

La_Becca Profile Photo
La_Becca
#42re: Golden Globe Noms today!
Posted: 12/13/05 at 12:25pm

I'm definitely not surprised RENT didn't get any nominations. I had my fingers crossed, but I'm not surprised. As much as I enjoyed the movie, I see the things critics and moviegoers hate about it.

I've never been a fan of Will Ferrell, but from the clips I've seen, I just might like him. I think The Producers looks like a very well-made, well-acted film.

A History of Violence is the worst critically acclaimed movie I've seen this year. As long as it doesn't win anything, I'm peachy.

"Love is a many splendid thing, love lifts us up where we belong, all you need is love!"
Updated On: 12/13/05 at 12:25 PM

DancNdaMoonlite Profile Photo
DancNdaMoonlite
#43re: Golden Globe Noms today!
Posted: 12/13/05 at 12:45pm

Rent should've gotten at least one.

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#44re: Golden Globe Noms today!
Posted: 12/13/05 at 12:55pm

Michael Bennett --- I agree. I think we're going to see a lot of the "big monkey" come Oscar time.

The only surprise for me here was the omission of Uma Thurman for supporting actress (Producers). Then again, the supporting film categories for GG never seem to reflect the Oscars much. Often in the past, the winners in the GG supporting race don't even get nominated for Academy Awards.

Still it's a fun party, and a great way to kick off the TV Awards Season.

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22
Updated On: 12/13/05 at 12:55 PM

zelda Profile Photo
zelda
#45re: Golden Globe Noms today!
Posted: 12/13/05 at 3:44pm

i was suprised jake didnt get of nomination. i was not suprised but rather excited by the rest. it was a remarkable film and heath ledeger and michelle williams deserve their credit.
Mr. Ledger has a gift . i hope some how some way this story stirs something deep inside of peeople to make them realize that hate has so many consequences, beyond their momentary furor..but that affects lives beyond their own.
careful the things you say. children will listen

ZONEACE
#46re: Golden Globe Noms today!
Posted: 12/13/05 at 4:28pm

Gwenyth paltrow was the worst part of "proof" how did she get a nomination?

when ducks grow thumbs then maybe my opinion will change.

twotrey
#47re: Golden Globe Noms today!
Posted: 12/13/05 at 4:37pm

Gwyneth Paltrow is (1) a bona fide star name and (2) has Weinstein campaign muscle behind her.

>>>How is that possible? It's one of two musicals. Don't they *always* nominate the musicals? Ugh.<<<

From Justin to Kelly wasn't nominated in 2003...

Jazzysuite82
#48re: Golden Globe Noms today!
Posted: 12/13/05 at 4:58pm

I'm not suprised Rent didn't get anything. I'm not really sure it deserved anything. I AM a little annoyed about Memoirs of Geisha. That film was done VERY well and the performances were amazing really.

EvelynNesbit1906 Profile Photo
EvelynNesbit1906
#49re: Golden Globe Noms today!
Posted: 12/13/05 at 5:02pm

Thank you, Jazzsuite82. I guess at this point we can only indulge ourselves in our own appreciation for Memoirs - which, honestly, is all we'll care about ten years from now anyway! (assuming we still find it so amazing then)

best12bars, apparently there isn't much buzz out west surrounding Uma Thurman's performance in The Producers. It's supposedly good but the character just isn't particularly complex or interesting compared to other would-be nominees.

Videos