FoscasBohemianDream
#25re: Bundy Confirmed for Legally Blonde
Posted: 10/5/06 at 2:30am

*Yawn* Boring news, boring choice...

Janki Profile Photo
Janki
#26re: Bundy Confirmed for Legally Blonde
Posted: 10/5/06 at 9:10am

OH GOD! GREAT NEWS!!!!!! LOVE LAURA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Popular...You're gonna be Popuular....;)

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#27re: Bundy Confirmed for Legally Blonde
Posted: 10/5/06 at 9:50am

I'm sorry, but I just cannot see this making a musical that is anything but cheesy. I love the movie, but I hold little hope that this is going to be anywhere near as good.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

BreeDaniel Profile Photo
BreeDaniel
#28re: Bundy Confirmed for Legally Blonde
Posted: 10/5/06 at 10:02am

I think the picture is all wrong. She looks like a woman doing the weather on some local news station, NOT Elle Woods.

Al Dente Profile Photo
Al Dente
#29re: Bundy Confirmed for Legally Blonde
Posted: 10/5/06 at 10:08am

Bree, you hit that on the head. I think they could have done much better with the big publicity shot. I'll most likely see this when it's in SF.

atlsuperstar
#30re: Bundy Confirmed for Legally Blonde
Posted: 10/5/06 at 12:18pm

Being worried about the show is something that I can fully understand...but after seeing the workshop the music is actually prety damn good. Not sure how the story will come together, but everyone was pretty surprised at how much we liked it. I think it's going to do really good. Not sure about the Palace Theater though, you have to pack the house to sell and that theater is hard to sell.

jimnysf
#31re: Bundy Confirmed for Legally Blonde
Posted: 10/5/06 at 12:28pm

Not sure about the Palace Theater though, you have to pack the house to sell and that theater is hard to sell.

If the show is a hit, it will do well there. "La Cage", "Beauty and the Beast", "Applause" and even "Aida" had long runs there.

"I've lost everything! Luis, Marty, my baby with Chris, Chris himself, James. All I ever wanted was love." --Sheridan Crane "Passions" ------- "Housework is like bad sex. Every time I do it, I swear I'll never do it again til the next time company comes."--"Lulu" from "Can't Stop The Music" ----- "When the right doors didn't open for him, he went through the wrong ones" - "Sweet Bird of Youth" ------------ --------- "Passions" is uncancelled! See NBC.com for more info.

atlsuperstar
#32re: Bundy Confirmed for Legally Blonde
Posted: 10/5/06 at 12:39pm

Your right....but that's 4 shows out of how many? Most of the more recent shows haven't did well at this theater...so I am hoping that a show that I think will be fairly good, didn't make the mistake of picking a theater too big. For example "All Shook Up" I thought was a great show but I think it would have done a lot better in a smaller theater. Maybe not! but that's what I think.

ILUVTOMG Profile Photo
ILUVTOMG
#33re: Bundy Confirmed for Legally Blonde
Posted: 10/5/06 at 12:43pm

i didn't care for her in hairspray (not that it's an 'attention grabbing role') or in gypsy at papermill but loved her in RUTHLESS! of course she was 10 at the time but still. glad i didn't have to sit through her u/s's performance.. what was her name again? oh, right.. brittany something.

luvliza89 Profile Photo
luvliza89
#34re: Bundy Confirmed for Legally Blonde
Posted: 10/5/06 at 12:47pm

I'm most excited to hear more of Laurence O'Keefe's work. That man is beyond brilliant.

mateo Profile Photo
mateo
#35re: Bundy Confirmed for Legally Blonde
Posted: 10/5/06 at 12:49pm

Im so excited for her.

"Zac is sweet as can be. He's very much just a sweet kid from California who happens to have a face that looks like it was drawn by Michelangelo, (if Michelangelo did anime)."
-Adam Shankman.

"I haven't left this building since Windows 3.1!"

"Celebrating a birthday this week: Rene Descartes is 412! Do you know who he is? Then why are you watching this show? You could probably get into college and even get one of those job things. As for the rest of us; Amanda Bynes is 22! Yay!"
-E!'s "The Soup"

#36re: Bundy Confirmed for Legally Blonde
Posted: 10/5/06 at 12:54pm

I am glad for her getting to play Elle.
I remember her from Hairspray, obviously but she was really great on Veronica Mars as a spoiled rich girl. I can totally see her as Elle.

Congrats! I can wait to hear her make Elle sing.

carymetorent2 Profile Photo
carymetorent2
#37re: Bundy Confirmed for Legally Blonde
Posted: 10/5/06 at 1:06pm

Isn't most of the casting for this show known? Andy Karl and Richard Blake have both stated to anyone that asks that they are doing "Legally Blonde" along with Christian Borle. So, doesn't that cover most of the principles? (Who played Selma Blair's character in the workshop?)

"Less Of A Marilyn, More Of A Jackie" www.richardhblake.com

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#38re: Bundy Confirmed for Legally Blonde
Posted: 10/5/06 at 1:15pm

Glad they announced it, and good for her!

She was GREAT in Hairspray (since someone asked)...

...and you'll see her (briefly) this fall in the "Dreamgirls" film as one of the "Sweethearts."

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

junglered Profile Photo
junglered
#39re: Bundy Confirmed for Legally Blonde
Posted: 10/5/06 at 1:34pm

Best wishes to Laura Bell Bundy in Legally Blonde! I saw her in a stand-by performance as Glinda in Wicked and she was fantastic. I also enjoyed her performance as Amber in Hairspray. I think the lead role of Elle Woods will be a nice match for her talents.

Wicked_fan
#40re: Bundy Confirmed for Legally Blonde
Posted: 10/5/06 at 2:29pm

Yay!

I was just wondering when she was gonna come back to broadway!

Congrats Laura Bell Bundy!

"Better a witty fool than a foolish wit"

-Feste from "Twelfth Night"

mejusthavingfun Profile Photo
mejusthavingfun
#41re: Bundy Confirmed for Legally Blonde
Posted: 10/5/06 at 2:31pm

The big question is, what will she be doing when the Palace swallows this show?

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#42re: Bundy Confirmed for Legally Blonde
Posted: 10/5/06 at 2:40pm

Is there any more to the web site than the subscriber page?

I wish jerry Mitchell luck with this.
I have a lot of faith in him to make this work.

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#43re: Bundy Confirmed for Legally Blonde
Posted: 10/5/06 at 4:03pm

I'm not even sure how to verbalize the concern I have; even if the music is good, I don't know that I'm sold on the fact that that's enough to make this story into a good musical. I mean, I'm visualizing an angry breakup song, a few cheesy love songs, and what, a triumphant 11 o'clock number on the stand? I see it being incredibly silly and campy, but I hope I'm proven wrong.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

JumpJumpJumpSoHigh Profile Photo
JumpJumpJumpSoHigh
#44re: Bundy Confirmed for Legally Blonde
Posted: 10/5/06 at 8:22pm

Carymetorent2--

Vivienne (Selma Blair's role) was played by Kate Shindle in the workshop. Pretty sure she's set to stay with the show, too.

LuvtheEmcee--

Be ready to be proven wrong! There are plenty more songs that are probably more fun/witty than most people seem to be expecting -- and sure, there's a breakup song, but why would there be love songs? Elle and Emmett don't hook up till the very end, and even that is just a subplot! :) Nah, the music's far more interesting than that.

~JJJ

Dear Ken, I'm in pieces. Why the cold shoulder? Love, Barbie

defyingravity11 Profile Photo
defyingravity11
#45re: Bundy Confirmed for Legally Blonde
Posted: 10/5/06 at 11:15pm

I love the creative team and can't wait to see what they put together! As for Laura, I loved her in Hairspray, but was dissapointed with her in Wicked.

"In theater, the process of it is the experience. Everyone goes through the process, and everyone has the experience together. It doesn't last - only in people's memories and in their hearts. That's the beauty and sadness of it. But that's life - beauty and the sadness. And that is why theater is life." - Sherie Rene Scott

broadwaybelter Profile Photo
broadwaybelter
#46re: Bundy Confirmed for Legally Blonde
Posted: 10/6/06 at 2:38am

www.legallyblondethemusical.com

thats the official website...

Buck Profile Photo
Buck
#47re: Bundy Confirmed for Legally Blonde
Posted: 10/6/06 at 8:19am

Great news! Updated On: 5/19/11 at 08:19 AM

Sapsorrow Profile Photo
Sapsorrow
#48re: Bundy Confirmed for Legally Blonde
Posted: 10/6/06 at 2:43pm

Best of Broadway had a group sales event for the show in San Francisco last night, and Jerry Mitchell and Laurence O'Keefe and Laura Bell Bundy were all there. They sang a few numbers from the show, discussed the material, and gave the audience peeks at the set and costume designs. All in all, it seems like it's going to be very fluffy, but fun nonetheless. For anyone interested, I did a rundown of the event over at my LiveJournal:

http://secretnthewings.livejournal.com/125263.html

Thesbijean
#49re: Bundy Confirmed for Legally Blonde
Posted: 10/6/06 at 2:53pm

I have heard from many different people the same thing about LBB:

She was a demanding performer, whose personal and professional requests were mostly ridiculous.

She was also supposedly rather hostile with the folks at 321...

Videos