News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade- Page 2

Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade

BreeDaniel Profile Photo
BreeDaniel
#25re: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
Posted: 11/20/07 at 10:48am

Sort of defeats the purpose of Legally Blonde performing "What You Want". I would imagine it was chosen for it's obvious tie in to the parade itself but without what are (in my opinion), the best costumes in the show, it might not have the punch they were probably hoping it would.

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#26re: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
Posted: 11/20/07 at 10:57am

Methinks that because they won't be able to get thier costumes ect that it would have been easier for Bundy to preform on her own. I mean true, there are the actresses that are part of the greek chorus but the number wouldn't requier nearly the same amount as it would if they did What You want.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

Grand Motel Profile Photo
Grand Motel
#27re: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
Posted: 11/20/07 at 11:20am

That doesn't make too much sense to have her do it alone. The parade generally has what they think will the biggest, splashiest number from each show. Even with all the bells and whistles, What You Want didn't come off all that great on the Today show, so I'm with Bree, it might fall flat without the help of the costumes.

ucjrdude902 Profile Photo
ucjrdude902
#28re: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
Posted: 11/20/07 at 11:45am

I would think LB wouldnt want to do WHAT YOU WANT your average viewer might think "Wow thats cheezy". So Much Better in the LB shirts are there best bets. You can do LB!! I'm rooting for yah!

JulianHookbucks Profile Photo
JulianHookbucks
#29re: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
Posted: 11/20/07 at 12:02pm

personally, if they can change it, I think that "Legally Blonde" should be performed. It's a big splashy number... doesn't really need to specifically use any set... utilizes the entire cast... and everything the number is costumed in could be found at Macy's... the only hard ones would be Kyle's costume, and LBB's pink lawyer dress. Not that they couldn't find brown shorts, and a brown short sleeved dress shirt... I mean they are MACY's. And, I'm sure UPS would donate one... sincre it would give them press... and it's semi-integral to his character... and just put LBB in a pink outfit.. have people use their real hair...

but I'm not a producer... and since they announced it already.. They'll probably do "What You Want" awkwardly... whatev. At least they're performing. :)

that's a really big mic...

ucjrdude902
#30re: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
Posted: 11/20/07 at 12:05pm

Gut feeling. Its going to be So Much Better.

carymetorent2 Profile Photo
carymetorent2
#31re: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
Posted: 11/20/07 at 12:53pm

They could have also done OMiGOD You GUYS and definitely found outfits much easier but I guess the whole sorority house to shop transition might be hard to do....

"Less Of A Marilyn, More Of A Jackie" www.richardhblake.com

ucjrdude902
#32re: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
Posted: 11/20/07 at 1:29pm

They could do OMIGOD You Guys...when the girls are holding hands running to the store...they can run in a circle...and in the circle LBB and Shop girls appear.

jeffrey1dog Profile Photo
jeffrey1dog
#33re: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
Posted: 11/21/07 at 10:20am

Here's the latest about the Broadway shows performing in the parade as reported by Variety ...
https://www.variety.com/article/VR1117976353.html?categoryid=15&cs=1

That answers the question about Legally Blonde. "...they'll be strutting it in "Blonde" T-shirts and cheerleading outfits bought specifically for the occasion because retrieving actual show costumes would require crossing the picket line." ... Click the link above for the whole story re: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade

< Patty Duke (the original Neely O'Hara) & me (March 8, 2010)

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#34re: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
Posted: 11/21/07 at 11:39am

Sarah Brightman singing a song from Bombay Dreams? I gotta watch that!

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

Brave Sir Robin2 Profile Photo
Brave Sir Robin2
#35re: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
Posted: 11/21/07 at 11:55am

I thought they just wouldn't perform. I didn't know they would wear the t-shirts. Sorry.

"I saw Pavarotti play Rodolfo on stage and with his girth I thought he was about to eat the whole table at the Cafe Momus." - Dollypop

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#36re: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
Posted: 11/22/07 at 10:26am

Can not believe there was no strike mention either right before/right after Blonde's number (yes, I did hear the mention after YF's number), yet I flipped over to CBS and one of the first things I heard over on CBS was the host mentioning how Blonde was going to be performing without props and costumes due to the strike, and she wondered if people would even know what they were doing, etc.

And the camerawork during Blonde's number sucked. The cast did work their makeshift costumes, though. And where'd the Elle & Warner banner come from?

The numbers from the other shows all looked lovely.

wicked91 Profile Photo
wicked91
#37re: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
Posted: 11/22/07 at 11:18am

HAHA I didn't think the LB performance was that bad. I liked their outfits. But yeah I was really confused by the banner. I thought LB looked so cute. But I'm really surprised they didn't say "Catch Legally Blonde later today on MTV" or something along those lines. Unless the did. Who knows, i'm delerious.

NJRae Profile Photo
NJRae
#38re: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
Posted: 11/22/07 at 11:18am

Damn...I somehow missed it. Must have left the room a minute too long at some point.

"I wrote a book: "How to Be Popular". Now I've put together a top ten list of how to help you: -Elphie, everyday... shower. I mean, who knows? Maybe some of that green is gonna come off! -Deodorant Elphie. No body likes a stinky witch! -I think we've covered the hair, we'll get to that. -Clean underclothes. That's all I'm gonna say. -Look at your posture. That's no way to be popular! -Bed made, room straightened. We've done that. -Colors blended. Oookay. -But the most important thing to have, to make yourself popular, is to keep your beautiful smile." ~Kristin Chenoweth in her last performance of the song "Popular"

JKlock Profile Photo
JKlock
#39re: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
Posted: 11/22/07 at 11:21am

I woke up too late and missed YF and Legally Blonde re: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade and I guess whatever else happened until 11:00 haha

http://two-sails.blogspot.com/

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#40re: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
Posted: 11/22/07 at 11:29am

HAHA I didn't think the LB performance was that bad. I liked their outfits. But yeah I was really confused by the banner. I thought LB looked so cute. But I'm really surprised they didn't say "Catch Legally Blonde later today on MTV" or something along those lines. Unless the did. Who knows, i'm delerious.

I don't think they'd be allowed to plug MTV on NBC? They could probably on CBS, since CBS/MTV are both Viacom. But I didn't hear an MTV mention anywhere this morning.

The performance wasn't bad- the Blonde cast can totally work makeshift costumes, I had no issues with the performance, and personally I got a kick out of their performing wigless- but what with the *awful* camerawork (seconds of black, missing the cut to Tracy Jai for her line, missing the cut to the raising of the banner, etc.) and the no explanation as to why they were in tshrts and skirts/track pants it was just not as good as it could have been, under the circumstances, I don't think.

RentBoy86
#41re: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
Posted: 11/22/07 at 11:34am

I thought Bundy had some sweat stain issues, but might have been my imagination. It wasn't the best performance, but I found it interesting to see all the different ensemble memebers because in the show it's hard to tell who is who.

The YF number was great. I really enjoyed it, and I think it sold the show well. Xanadu was hilarious, but no one in my family go that it was suppose to be campy and making fun of itself. And Mary Poppins was...Mary Poppins.

SNLMedia Profile Photo
SNLMedia
#42re: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
Posted: 11/22/07 at 11:36am

The Xanadu performance was great! I loved the camera angles they used, especially when Cheyenne was holding the fan up to Kerry. You could tell that all the older folks watching in the crowd were saying "WTF?"

"The world is a better place because of hairspray." - Michael Ball

mateo Profile Photo
mateo
#43re: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
Posted: 11/22/07 at 11:36am

Happy Thanksgiving SNL. I left you a comment on your 'space. :)

"Zac is sweet as can be. He's very much just a sweet kid from California who happens to have a face that looks like it was drawn by Michelangelo, (if Michelangelo did anime)."
-Adam Shankman.

"I haven't left this building since Windows 3.1!"

"Celebrating a birthday this week: Rene Descartes is 412! Do you know who he is? Then why are you watching this show? You could probably get into college and even get one of those job things. As for the rest of us; Amanda Bynes is 22! Yay!"
-E!'s "The Soup"
Updated On: 11/22/07 at 11:36 AM

americanboy99 Profile Photo
americanboy99
#44re: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
Posted: 11/22/07 at 11:53am

XANADU was, IMHO unfortunately, the weakest.

Yankeefan007
#45re: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
Posted: 11/22/07 at 11:56am

From where I was standing, there was a collective "WHO?" when Groff/Michele came down on their float.

Love getting home before the telecast is over.

Smaxie Profile Photo
Smaxie
#46re: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
Posted: 11/22/07 at 11:56am

>The Xanadu performance was great!<

Is this Opposite World?

Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop.

neddyfrank2
#47re: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
Posted: 11/22/07 at 12:10pm

Yankee, is that why you were posting so early this morning? Because you had to go and get a spot at the parade?

Yankeefan007
#48re: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
Posted: 11/22/07 at 12:12pm

Yep.

And I got my usual favorite spot. Inside the Citibank at the corner of 56th and Broadway.

All you need is the ATM card to get in.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#49re: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
Posted: 11/22/07 at 12:12pm

Were all of the performances on the CBS telecast or the NBC Macy's telecast. The Macy's telecast just started here. I didn't see the CBS telecast.

Just give the world Love.

Videos