Evita
Pippin
Hair(please transfer!)
Anything Goes

"right up here is where i store the juice."

Byron Abens
#26re: Show You Would Most Like To See Revived
Posted: 8/12/08 at 12:03am

If Secret Garden was coming back I would actually root for Jill Paice for Lily. She has an amazing soprano that I don't think has really been used to full effect. We went to college together and I would love to hear her really get a chance to use that full soprano voice that I feel like I haven't heard since we graduated.

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#27re: Show You Would Most Like To See Revived
Posted: 8/12/08 at 3:30am

MACK & MABEL with Jane Krakowski
GRAND HOTEL
KISS OF THE SPIDER WOMAN, the musical
ANGELS IN AMERICA
DREAMGIRLS
FOLLIES
A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC
PASSION
THE BEST LITTLE WHOREHOUSE IN TEXAS
EVITA

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

Q
#28re: Show You Would Most Like To See Revived
Posted: 8/12/08 at 3:52am

THE GOSPEL AT COLONUS.

dayao Profile Photo
dayao
#29re: Show You Would Most Like To See Revived
Posted: 8/12/08 at 4:49am

Subways are for Sleeping
Fanny
Wildcat
Fiorello
Sugar
Can-Can
Carnival
Irma La Douce
Destry Rides Again
The Most Happy Fella
Promises, Promises

"I long-ago realized that this country is a nation of morons, when it comes to knowledge of anything outside, or beyond, pop culture." Steve Slezak

South Fl Marc Profile Photo
South Fl Marc
#30re: Show You Would Most Like To See Revived
Posted: 8/12/08 at 10:33am

Dracula (the play not the horrible musical) with the Gorey sets and costumes

Talleys Folly

The Fifth of July

Sherlock Holmes (The RSC version)

The Royal Family (play not musical)

Sweet Bird of Youth

Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#31re: Show You Would Most Like To See Revived
Posted: 8/12/08 at 10:34am

Angels in America.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

BroadwayBoy2 Profile Photo
BroadwayBoy2
#32re: Show You Would Most Like To See Revived
Posted: 8/12/08 at 10:49am

on the 20th century

I'll have them clawing at eachother, like drag queens at a wig sale"

Brave Sir Robin2 Profile Photo
Brave Sir Robin2
#33re: Show You Would Most Like To See Revived
Posted: 8/12/08 at 12:24pm

Evita
Dreamgirls
Can-Can
Kiss Of The Spider Woman (starring Jane Krakowski)

"I saw Pavarotti play Rodolfo on stage and with his girth I thought he was about to eat the whole table at the Cafe Momus." - Dollypop

philly03 Profile Photo
philly03
#34re: Show You Would Most Like To See Revived
Posted: 8/12/08 at 12:54pm

""Carrie" (because I know enough work has been done to fix it that Dean Pitchford should stop being bitter) "

You can't be serious...As good as some of Carrie's songs are (and by that I mean like 4), I don't think it will ever work. It's a bizarre story on it's on, and the musicalized version of the story is even more bizarre (& confusing!). Not only that, but Carrie (the film/book) was actually somewhat popular when the musical came along, and now I think that more people know what "IT" is rather than "Carrie." And Pitchford's probably not budging because he knows it's 1) still not ready & 2) other than theatre fans, there'd probably be little interest. Personally, I would rather see a musicalized movie of it than a revival of a stage version; that is if it's close to it's original state right now.

gvendo2005 Profile Photo
gvendo2005
#35re: Show You Would Most Like To See Revived
Posted: 8/12/08 at 2:00pm

Quick points:

1. Have you seen the show's rewrites? No? Pity. The story is interesting, and the musicalized version is far from confusing or bizarre in its newest rendition. Much of it has returned to the workshop material, which is more cogent than the final show and has an actual story within.

2. It's a good thing you said that you THINK more people know of "It" compared to "Carrie." IMDB would beg to differ: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0074285/movieconnections. There are so many pop culture references to the film and story it's not even funny.

3. Pitchford is not budging because he's bitter about the show's reception. After it flopped after five performances, he didn't care whether or not it was ready, he just plain didn't want to touch it. Many times over the years the show has come up again, be it as a workshop or in rewritten form, and the only one who has said no is Pitchford -- sight unseen at that. (He outright refuses to attend, or give permission to let the new version go forward, which is part of the reason the new version never goes beyond that stage of the game.)

4. "Other than theatre fans, there'd probably be little interest"? Google the terms "Carrie" and "musical" in the same string please.

Thank you.

"There is no problem so big that it cannot be run away from." ~ Charles M. Schulz

Connemara Profile Photo
Connemara
#36re: Show You Would Most Like To See Revived
Posted: 8/12/08 at 2:06pm

Mame
A Little Night Music
Follies
Ballroom
Mack & Mabel

Won't happen, but Dear World too.

commasplice
#37re: Show You Would Most Like To See Revived
Posted: 8/12/08 at 2:09pm

Please, for the love of God, someone revive A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC. It's boggling that this show has not yet been revived on Broadway, especially when you consider it made money the first time around.

I'd also love to see a Broadway revival of THE MOST HAPPY FELLA with a full orchestra. I've tried listening to the two piano revival from 1992 and it just doesn't do it for me. And with John Barrowman as Joe, please.
Updated On: 8/12/08 at 02:09 PM

BradMajors Profile Photo
BradMajors
#38re: Show You Would Most Like To See Revived
Posted: 8/12/08 at 2:21pm

A Little Night Music
The Wiz
Evita
The Unsinkable Molly Brown
They're Playing Our Song
Dreamgirls

philly03 Profile Photo
philly03
#39re: Show You Would Most Like To See Revived
Posted: 8/12/08 at 2:55pm

In regards to Carrie:

1. From what I remember/heard they never fully mention that she's telekinetic. If you've never seen/read any of it, you wouldn't get that point & not get how the roof falls down. During "I'm Not Alone" when everythings going around, if you had no idea of this, you'd think it was some weird fantasy. It wasn't clearly labeled of her powers.

2. I happen to think that Carrie is a better movie than It, no problems there. I just think It has more people who KNOW about it.

3. Maybe he realized that it's two shows.....not one & wants to divide them up. Carrie has that '80s pop stuff for the students/school story and then the more classical stuff for Carrie, which critics weren't too fond of either. Also, could some of those songs be anymore awkward???? 'Out for Blood'! Why! (I actually liked In though :)!) 'Wotta Night'..what?!

4. Just because there are 5 million websites on Google means nothing about people wanting it to come back. Some are reviews proclaiming it "one of the worst musicals ever". It is Broadway's most famous flop for several reasons -- King's fans, theatre fans, Fame fans, horror fans, etc!

And I don't entirely hate it, I just don't think it'll work (and it didn't). Not to mention that final scene will always looks ridiculous, it'll be dangerous to do it a lot of ways that would make it look realistic. Too bad, Carrie. I also love Linzi Hateley, and it's a shame a cast that talented (like Frank Wildhorn's Dracula) only had that to perform..hopefully Shrek isn't like that!
Updated On: 8/12/08 at 02:55 PM

Sondheim_Geek Profile Photo
Sondheim_Geek
#40re: Show You Would Most Like To See Revived
Posted: 8/12/08 at 3:05pm

Evita
Parade
Anything Goes
The Last 5 Years

Ftworthguy Profile Photo
Ftworthguy
#41re: Show You Would Most Like To See Revived
Posted: 8/12/08 at 4:25pm

Hello, Dolly, with Reba McEntire
City of Angels

Would love to see a new version of Streetcar, cuz I can never get enough Williams.

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#42re: Show You Would Most Like To See Revived
Posted: 8/12/08 at 4:50pm

I will never understand how A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC is the only major Sondheim piece that has not yet seen a revival.

I'd like to see THE MYSTERY OF EDWIN DROOD revived as well.

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#43re: Show You Would Most Like To See Revived
Posted: 8/12/08 at 7:42pm

The staging of Rockabye was awesome. The entire show WAS A RIP.

Poster Emeritus

NYC4Life Profile Photo
NYC4Life
#44re: Show You Would Most Like To See Revived
Posted: 8/13/08 at 12:38am

"I happen to think that Carrie is a better movie than It, no problems there. I just think It has more people who KNOW about it."

More people know about Carrie. It was a HUGE hit at the box office. It made 30 times it's budget and was nominated for 2 acting oscars. Plus it has Sissy Spacek and John Travolta in it. Also lets not forget one of the most famouse prom scenes in film history.

mywonderwa11 Profile Photo
mywonderwa11
#45re: Show You Would Most Like To See Revived
Posted: 8/13/08 at 3:20am

Yes, yes, and YES to Promises, Promises!

And ugh...no, no, and NO to Passion!

"Somethin's comin', I don't know what it is but it is gonna be great!"

brochatkid
#46re: Show You Would Most Like To See Revived
Posted: 8/13/08 at 7:59am

Chess
Falsettos
Barnum
Pippin

changinandhow Profile Photo
changinandhow
#47re: Show You Would Most Like To See Revived
Posted: 8/13/08 at 8:36am

I'm with everyone else on the Evita revival but so far I haven't been a fan of any suggestions for Evas lately. I'd almost rather see them cast a Broadway unknown like they did for the London revival.

Also not going to lie, ever since the talk of Roundabout's reading last year I've been itching for a good Bye Bye Birdie revival. I'd love to see Roundabout pull something like they were able to do with Pajama Game a couple of years ago.

dalefully Profile Photo
dalefully
#48re: Show You Would Most Like To See Revived
Posted: 8/13/08 at 1:21pm

Ragtime, Ragtime, and quite possibly Ragtime.

fossemoves
#49re: Show You Would Most Like To See Revived
Posted: 8/14/08 at 3:20pm

The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas with Reba McEntire

Porgy & Bess with Brian Stokes Mitchel and Audra McDonald

Stop the World! I want to get off! with John Barrowman

Bye Bye Birdie with David Hyde Pierce and Sara Ramierez and Cheyenne Jackson as Birdie!

Videos