pixeltracker

HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD Set for April 2018 Opening at the Lyric- Page 20

HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD Set for April 2018 Opening at the Lyric

ashleyjena
#475HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/17/17 at 10:43am

WhizzerMarvin said: "Ok that's for that info. So that's in addition to the 40 for $40?

I don't like how little info they've given out about the pricing, pricing areas, new theater configuration, etc. I was lucky enough to receive a code, but it's been difficult planning with friends about which tickets to get.
"

Yes, I believe so. Under the pricing FAQ it lists that as what will be released in this pre-sale. I do wish I had more information as to where the seats would be located, I am torn which price level to go for, and knowing the seating configuration would certainly help.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#476HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/17/17 at 10:52am

denali.fire said: "Folks are buying and selling access codes and hooking up to get seats. Like access code scalping! This is really funny!

These are desperate times Mrs Lovett and desperate measures must be taken.

Lol
"

Since they generate a unique code linked to the specific winner's account, I don't think this will work out well for the people who use other people's codes... but that will just mean more regular tickets popping up after those get refunded and put back up online...

WhizzerMarvin Profile Photo
WhizzerMarvin
#477HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/17/17 at 11:27am

Ah, I found this on the website: For every performance of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, there will be 300 seats priced at $40 or less per part, and 150 of these seats will be priced at $20 per part. 

So it's not quite 300 at $40 and 150 at $20, but 300 at $40 or less with half of them guaranteed at $20. 

Are these seats priced so low because they are horrible partial views? I'm too suspicious of producers to believe they are actually selling this many seats per performances to what is sure to be one of the biggest hits of the season if not the decade!

Marie: Don't be in such a hurry about that pretty little chippy in Frisco. Tony: Eh, she's a no chip!

kade.ivy Profile Photo
kade.ivy
#478HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/17/17 at 11:42am

The show just posted this on Facebook:

“Tickets for the initial #CursedChildNYC ticket release go on sale tomorrow from 11AM ET. If you were randomly selected to receive an access code, it will be delivered via text tomorrow morning ET. If tickets become available, those on Standby will be randomly selected. There will be additional opportunities to purchase tickets before previews begin if you weren’t selected this time. Sign up here for updates: www.harrypottertheplay.com/us/signup/“

This makes me think that there will be additional windows for the initial release and apart from the Friday Forty. 

BroadwayMomma
#479HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/17/17 at 11:55am

For people who have seen it, do you think it's better to see both parts in one day? Or does it not make much of a difference to do a Thursday/Friday sequence?

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#480HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/17/17 at 11:57am

Has anyone located a seating chart for the production? I just tweeted the play, but I don't know how good they are about replying. It's really crazy that we don't even know how the theater will be configured.

#1Elphie Profile Photo
#1Elphie
#481HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/17/17 at 12:03pm

macnyc said: "Has anyone located a seating chart for the production? I just tweeted the play, but I don't know how good they are about replying. It's really crazy that we don't even know how the theater will be configured."

This is what Telecharge has: 

https://www.telecharge.com/Broadway/Harry-Potter-and-the-Cursed-Child/Seating-Chart

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#482HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/17/17 at 12:13pm

I've seen the show in London on a 2 day span and prefer it. However, I can see how people who really want to know the ending would prefer to see both parts in 1 day.

I remember in London, some of the merchandise was different for part 2 which was pretty cool.

sorano916 Profile Photo
sorano916
#483HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/17/17 at 12:18pm

WhizzerMarvin said: "Are these seats priced so low because they are horrible partial views? I'm too suspicious of producers to believe they are actually selling this many seats per performances to what is sure to be one of the biggest hits of the season if not the decade!"

In London, most of the cheaper seats were in the balcony with the exception of the Friday Forty which were usually the front two rows of the stalls.

BroadwayMomma said: "For people who have seen it, do you think it's better to see both parts in one day? Or does it not make much of a difference to do a Thursday/Friday sequence?"

I've done both. I appreciated the same day as I just went to grab dinner between the two parts. But you definitely have to set aside the entire afternoon/evening for it. However, the Thursday/Friday let me still do tourist things during the day (I even got to see a matinee before one of the Parts), but that was in London.

#1Elphie said: "This is what Telecharge has: 
https://www.telecharge.com/Broadway/Harry-Potter-and-the-Cursed-Child/Seating-Chart
"

Telecharge isn't the official ticket-seller so I wouldn't go by that seating chart so much, especially since they're removing seats. And honestly I won't be surprise if they reconfigure the orchestra to allow for a center aisle as a character walks down there.

BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
#484HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/17/17 at 12:20pm

That’s not how the Lyric looked for Paramour so I assume that is the renovated model. Curious how they are pricing the orchestra 

ashleyjena
#485HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/17/17 at 12:27pm

WhizzerMarvin said: "Ah, I found this on the website:For every performance ofHarry Potter and the Cursed Child, there will be 300 seats priced at $40or less per part,and 150 of these seats will be priced at $20 per part.

So it's not quite 300 at $40 and 150 at $20, but 300 at $40 or less with half of them guaranteed at $20.

Are these seats priced so low because they are horrible partial views? I'm too suspicious of producers to believe they are actually selling this many seats per performances to what is sure to be one of the biggest hits of the season if not the decade!
"

Ah ok, I didn't read it carefully, that makes sense. I am also suspicious of the low priced seats, but with two parts I may need to opt for them.

QueenAlice Profile Photo
QueenAlice
#486HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/17/17 at 12:29pm

Just throwing it out there that for some of you - flying to London to see the show in the West End is going to be easier, sooner (and possibly cheaper) than scoring seats on Broadway. It's worth the trip over the pond - the current cast is absolutely stellar and the Palace Theatre is a small, perfect theatre for the show. I doubt this will be better at the Lyric in New York

“I knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then.”

QueenAlice Profile Photo
QueenAlice
#487HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/17/17 at 12:34pm

Also, the Friday 40 are not partial view in London. I've had friends score 8th row center tickets. They are more like golden ticket prizes the producers are gifting.

Boysdontcry66
#488HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/17/17 at 12:46pm

Was looking at that Telecharge seating map, as well as the pricing structure for London.  This is 100% speculative, so I could be entirely wrong, as I have absolutely zero relation to the production.  I'm imagining that the price breakdown will be somewhat like this:  Balcony has around 300 seats, so that's maybe where the $40 and under seats are.  $40 seats are possibly center balcony, front balcony boxes, as well as a bit of the first two rows on left and right.  The rest is $20.  As for the Dress Circle, the very back might be $80 seats, and they might also have partial view seats on the extreme sides of the orchestra for that price as well.  On the furthest left and right side of the dress circle, maybe $130.  Moving closer to center, $165, with the entire front center section of dress circle being $199.

As for the orchestra, the very last row might be $130.  Unobstructed back orchestra and sides might be $165.  Moving into the center, a mix of of $199 and Premium. Thoughts?

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#489HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/17/17 at 12:51pm

I agree the Friday 40 winners get great seats! 

When I saw this in London last year, I sat in the balcony (4th floor) for 15 pounds each part (30 pounds total). It's a different atmosphere up there. You won't be able to see facial expressions but so many kids wore Hogwarts robes (most of the people who sat up there were families) that one can't help but get excited for this show! It was still full view and you can still see the magic. For the price I wouldn't mind sitting up there again.

Mediamaven2
#490HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/17/17 at 3:44pm

WhizzerMarvin said: "Ah, I found this on the website:For every performance ofHarry Potter and the Cursed Child, there will be 300 seats priced at $40or less per part,and 150 of these seats will be priced at $20 per part.

"

Agreed. And of course included in the 300  under $ 40 (150 of which under $20) will be the Friday 40.

I will reserve opinion about this until I see how many / which seats are available for $100 - $200 range versus the (so far) unstated 'premium' pricing for a children's show/family show. . . . Obviously could help blunt criticism of otherwise outrageous prices. Let's see tomorrow, or when the full pricing options / number of seats etc is available.

Nycat63
#491HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/17/17 at 3:45pm

Does anyone happen to know whether those of us on standby will still be able to see what dates/tickets are available on TM once the tickets go on sale tomorrow?  Curious if they will open up the seating chart, etc. so that we can at least see if seats are left for dates we want/compare dates for better availability, just in case  we do get off standby?  In a normal presale situation, you can look but not buy without a code - will this be the same or do you need the access code just to even look for tickets at all?  If we can at least access dates/seating charts, we'll at least have a better sense of pricing/location by the time we are able to buy, if by some miracle that happens.

QueenAlice Profile Photo
QueenAlice
#492HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/17/17 at 3:52pm

I wouldn't describe these as children's plays. They will of course attract families, but nothing about the writing or production is geared specifically for young people. 

Phantom of the board
#493HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/17/17 at 3:59pm

Sorry if this has been asked, didn't see it in thread or on FAQ of the site.

Does anyone know which days will have a matinee? Or, will it follow other show scheduling per standard?

Thanks!

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#494HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/17/17 at 4:04pm

Mediamaven2 said: "Are these seats priced so low because they are horrible partial views? I'm too suspicious of producers to believe they are actually selling this many seats per performances to what is sure to be one of the biggest hits of the season if not the decade!"

It's a British thing. The British are MUCH better about providing cheap ticket opportunities than Americans. In the average West-End theatre, the rear-balcony tickets would actually be around those prices. Ticket deals like this are not uncommon for shows coming to Broadway from the UK. I believe Farinelli and the King and The Play That Goes Wrong both have $30 balcony tickets, and I recall they had similar deals for The Cripple of Inishmaan and Curious Incident, and I'm sure there are others examples as well. 

QueenAlice said: "I wouldn't describe these as children's plays. They will of course attract families, but nothing about the writing or production is geared specifically for young people."

I agree, and I would also add that perhaps their biggest target audience are people who grew up reading the books and watching the movies, a large portion of whom are in their 20s or early 30s. 

Updated On: 10/17/17 at 04:04 PM

adrnyc
#495HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/17/17 at 4:04pm

Phantom of the board said: "Sorry if this has been asked, didn't see it in thread or on FAQ of the site.

Does anyone know which days will have a matinee? Or, will it follow other show scheduling per standard?

Thanks!
"

The show performs a matinee of Part I and evening of Part II on Wednesdays, Saturdays, and Sundays.

Thursday evenings are Part I

Friday evenings are Part II

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#496HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/17/17 at 4:24pm

Seeing that I get a ticket tomorrow morning in one of the price ranges I am going for, I will then be terrified about the damage I may do buying merch! I am not big on buying anything more than a magnet but went on their store website and spotted at least 4 things I want. It appears that they have a stand alone shop in London. For anyone over there, is this the case? The site has a ton of merchandise. Hope the things I want will be sold at the theater. I figure If I go through all this to get tickets, I might as well go all out. Early birthday gift to myself.

Just give the world Love.

sorano916 Profile Photo
sorano916
#497HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/17/17 at 4:35pm

uncageg said: "Seeing that I get a ticket tomorrow morning in one of the price ranges I am going for, I will then be terrified about the damage I may do buying merch! I am not big on buying anything more than a magnet but went on their store website and spotted at least 4 things I want. It appearsthat they have a stand alone shop in London. For anyone over there, is this the case? Thesite has a ton of merchandise. Hope the things I want will be sold at the theater. I figure If Igo through all this to get tickets, I might as well go all out. Early birthdaygift to myself."

There's no stand alone store at the theatre, just a merchandise booth per usual. However, they sell certain things after Part 1/before Part 2 due to the story line. They change up the decor as well. It's kinda neat. And as you're leaving the theatre after Part 1, you receive a #KeepTheSecrets pin (no merch purchase necessary).

QueenAlice Profile Photo
QueenAlice
#498HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/17/17 at 4:41pm

I wouldn't be surprised if they do a pop up stand alone shop on 42nd Street. They'd be crazy not to...

Ado Annie D'Ysquith Profile Photo
Ado Annie D'Ysquith
#499HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/17/17 at 4:45pm

I'm just glad I never got into Harry Potter as a kid so I don't have to worry about this ticketing drama!

http://puccinischronicles.wordpress.com

Videos