pixeltracker

COMPANY starring Katrina Lenk and Patti LuPone will open March 22 - Page 27

COMPANY starring Katrina Lenk and Patti LuPone will open March 22

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#650Phone rings, door chimes, in comes COMPANY!
Posted: 8/30/19 at 5:58pm

Tony Shalhoub for Larry!

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#651Phone rings, door chimes, in comes COMPANY!
Posted: 8/30/19 at 6:25pm

luisacontini said: "If my sources are right (and they were right about Lenk/Doyle), Christopher Sieber is Harry, and Greg Hildreth is Larry. Heard that a black actor has the offer for Larry, but I wasn't given a name."

I wasn’t going to drop names but this is what I’ve been told as well.

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#652Phone rings, door chimes, in comes COMPANY!
Posted: 8/30/19 at 6:27pm

Alright then who's playing Andy?

luisacontini
#653Phone rings, door chimes, in comes COMPANY!
Posted: 8/30/19 at 6:42pm

CATSNYrevival said: "Alright then who's playing Andy?"

None of the three boyfriends have been cast yet.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#654Phone rings, door chimes, in comes COMPANY!
Posted: 8/30/19 at 7:26pm

I do wonder if this will be a limited run, maybe until September? If it does well, they can extend it into January.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#655Phone rings, door chimes, in comes COMPANY!
Posted: 8/30/19 at 7:48pm

Do the husbands sing POOR BABY in this version?

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#656Phone rings, door chimes, in comes COMPANY!
Posted: 8/30/19 at 7:49pm

CurtainPullDowner said: "Do the husbands sing POOR BABY in this version?"

Yes. With updated lyrics. 

GeorgeandDot Profile Photo
GeorgeandDot
#657Phone rings, door chimes, in comes COMPANY!
Posted: 8/30/19 at 8:46pm

I'm pretty sure that Matt Doyle is playing Jamie, but I was hoping it would be Uranowitz.

Katrina is perfect and it'll be a thrill to see Lupone again. I'm extremely excited for this.

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#658Phone rings, door chimes, in comes COMPANY!
Posted: 8/30/19 at 11:09pm

Phone rings, door chimes, in comes COMPANY!

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#659Phone rings, door chimes, in comes COMPANY!
Posted: 8/30/19 at 11:50pm

Some actors that I think would make a good Andy: Kyle Dean Massey, Colt Prattes, and Nolan Gerard Funk. 

scampsweep
#660Phone rings, door chimes, in comes COMPANY!
Posted: 8/31/19 at 4:49am

ljay889 said: "Some actors that I think would make a good Andy: Kyle Dean Massey, Colt Prattes, and Nolan Gerard Funk."

To be honest, I think Richard Fleeshman -  who played the role of Andy in London - will take a bit of beating. Not only was he incredibly hunky, but he was so winning with his personality. Most people raved about Jonathan Bailey’s performance as Jamie (I felt it was far too broad and over-acted), but Fleeshman’s performance was well-judged, sincere and genuinely funny - a true male bimbo that still had ‘truth’. I felt his performance was far superior to Bailey’s. Like I said, I saw it twice in London and it is a shame that Fleeshman hasn’t transferred. 

binau Profile Photo
binau
#661Phone rings, door chimes, in comes COMPANY!
Posted: 8/31/19 at 5:34am

I agree he was a highlight although it doesn’t come through the cast recording. I realise for this show more than maybe others the supporting cast is really important. Some of those book scenes will drag on otherwise.

The couple of names that have been thrown around so far sound good.

If they re-record this I REALLY hope they can get more of LuPone’s spoken dialogue in the night club scene.

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

binau Profile Photo
binau
#662Phone rings, door chimes, in comes COMPANY!
Posted: 8/31/19 at 5:54am

CurtainPullDowner said: "Do the husbands sing POOR BABY in this version?"

Yes and it's very funny. Imagine Harry, who in London was a larger older guy who was, let's just say, not a model - sitting on a bed while Bobbi is recieving Cunnilingus from the Hot A F Andy vacantly but earnestly singing 

"Bobbie ought to have a fella
Poor baby, all alone
Nothing much to do except to check her phone
We're the only closeness she's really known
Poor baby!"

Soooo funny. 

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

QueenAlice Profile Photo
QueenAlice
#663Phone rings, door chimes, in comes COMPANY!
Posted: 8/31/19 at 7:15am

I thought Richard Fleesan was funny in London, except as I’ve mentioned, I though the way the character was conceptualized In the revival made him come across as rather effete. When she sang “where ya going?” I kept expecting his answer to be “Fire Island”

I think maybe it would have been more effective if they made the character more the dumb machismo jock from Queens or the Jersey shore type (think a young John Travolta circa Saturday Night Fever) .

Off course, maybe that’s what they were trying to do with the- Marta character, but it didn’t work in the hands of that actor.

In general I find that Brits are bad at playing believable Americans. And this is coming from a Brit.

Honestly, I think the characterizations of all three of Bobbi’s boyfriends is a point in the revival that can use further work, particularly for audiences who actually live in NYC.

I’m actually quite happy to hear none of those roles have been cast for the American production yet, as that indicates to me that Marianne Elliott understands she needs actors who type wise, appearance wise, age wise etc will work with Katrina Lenk who is a very different energy and type than Rosalie Craig.

“I knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then.”
Updated On: 8/31/19 at 07:15 AM

binau Profile Photo
binau
#664Phone rings, door chimes, in comes COMPANY!
Posted: 8/31/19 at 7:51am

Is it possible to actually have a very butch masc male flight attendant that seems straight? I agree the problems you identify do exist but I’m not sure how to solve them.

massofmen
#665Phone rings, door chimes, in comes COMPANY!
Posted: 8/31/19 at 8:24am

this will open and close very quickly. 

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#666Phone rings, door chimes, in comes COMPANY!
Posted: 8/31/19 at 8:38am

QueenAlice said: "I thought Richard Fleesan was funny in London, except as I’ve mentioned, I though the way the character was conceptualized Inthe revival made him come across as rather effete. When she sang “where ya going?” I kept expecting his answer to be “Fire Island”

I think maybe it would have been more effective if they made the character more the dumb machismo jock from Queens or the Jersey shore type (think a young John Travolta circa Saturday Night Fever) .
"

That's so true. I saw the show twice in London and Fleeshman was great and had an amazing ripped body. I know there are male flight attendants out there but I think his character would have been more effective had he been a stupid dumb jock... kind of like the ice hockey star Jennifer Garner dated as an adult in the movie 13 going on 30.

BJR Profile Photo
BJR
#667Phone rings, door chimes, in comes COMPANY!
Posted: 8/31/19 at 8:39am

^Well, as cheery as that is, I will say I was secretly hoping months ago Anne Hathaway would work out because I recall when NIGHT MUSIC was running and it was so great to have a big fat Sondheim hit playing, as opposed to the well-reviewed ones that do well for a few months but after the locals have seen it, starts to struggle a bit.

That said, I adore Katrina. So, if you're gonna have a theatre name beside Patti, she's a blazingly talented one.

QueenAlice Profile Photo
QueenAlice
#668Phone rings, door chimes, in comes COMPANY!
Posted: 8/31/19 at 10:40am

qolbinau said: "Is it possible to actually have a very butch masc male flight attendant that seems straight? I agree the problems you identify do exist but I’m not sure how to solve them. "

Well maybe part of the problem is indeed our stereotypical perception of male flight attendants as gay. But obviously this isn’t always the case and I think they could cast an actor like Andy Karl who is funny and ripped and comes across as very hetero and it would work.

“I knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then.”
Updated On: 8/31/19 at 10:40 AM

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#669Phone rings, door chimes, in comes COMPANY!
Posted: 8/31/19 at 10:50am

I'm not a Company expert but would the book still work if they changed April/Andy's profession to a pilot instead of flight attendant? I'd think the song "Barcelona" would still work.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#670Phone rings, door chimes, in comes COMPANY!
Posted: 8/31/19 at 10:56am

Robbie2 said: "Phone rings, door chimes, in comes COMPANY!"

Katrina Lenk being above the title gives me chills!

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

DoTheDood Profile Photo
DoTheDood
#671Phone rings, door chimes, in comes COMPANY!
Posted: 8/31/19 at 10:58am

scampsweep said: "...a true male bimbo that still had ‘truth’."

Or what the kids are calling them now, a himbo.

Updated On: 8/31/19 at 10:58 AM

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#672Phone rings, door chimes, in comes COMPANY!
Posted: 8/31/19 at 11:02am

Not sure how I feel about the martini glass in the logo, but I do like the way the neon "NY" flickers on the website.

Stellasteve
#673Phone rings, door chimes, in comes COMPANY!
Posted: 8/31/19 at 12:12pm

I’ve never seen Company before. When I checked Telecharge yesterday it recommended for ages 8 and older, but the comment above referenced cunnilingus on stage. For those who saw in London, do you think this is more appropriate for an older audience than 8?

DramaTeach Profile Photo
DramaTeach
#674Phone rings, door chimes, in comes COMPANY!
Posted: 8/31/19 at 12:23pm

I was talking about this recently to a friend. It's not an outrageously appropriate show (although there are a few moments of sexual innuendo and the like), but there's depth to it, and I don't know that anyone under 15 would appreciate it. Others may disagree.

Videos