pixeltracker

HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD Set for April 2018 Opening at the Lyric- Page 29

HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD Set for April 2018 Opening at the Lyric

NYfanfromCA Profile Photo
NYfanfromCA
#700HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 12:19pm

Sigh.  It didn't even list May 12 as an option, and May 13 said no availability.  Really?  I ended up searching for October 13, and it offered me row T center orchestra at $199 per part.  I let those go and searched for premium priced tickets, and it took quite a while and then came back with no seats available.  So I picked $199 again and it took another long time and came back with the same seats in row T.  Gave up and bought them, but not excited about not being able to pick my seats.  Good thing they are refundable more than 28 days out, or so it says.  Happy to have a chance to see it in October, but really wanted May 12 or 13.  If anyone has extra seats for one of those dates, I am interested!

I wish it would have been easier to search for alternate dates and pairings.  Stressful experience, but I guess I am lucky to have received a code at all.  Good luck to everyone today!

LesWickedly Profile Photo
LesWickedly
#701HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 12:21pm

Quizking, that's one of the days I was hoping for. Still hoping for standby, but it seems like some are being held back since people are getting the same areas? Does that seem right or is my hope blinding me to reality? 

Lurker2
#702HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 12:22pm

Phantom of the board said: "HELP!!

I made it to the payment screen used my card on file (I updated all info last night). When I clicked purchase it just said there is a problem. I kept clicking, entered a different card manually clicked a few time. Then last click it went back to main screen to select price point. I assume my session timed out went through process and once selected it says code has been used. No email confirmation, nothing on ticketmaster account, and of course TM number is just busy signal.

Can anyone else report the same?
"

oh no!  Can you see them in your ticketmaster account?

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#703HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 12:23pm

So weird! The desktop kept giving me the error message and telling me to go back a step. Meanwhile, I switched to my phone and finally was able to buy four seats in rear orchestra for $165 per part. Late July!

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#704HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 12:23pm

quizking101 said: "I ended up getting tickets in about 10 minutes for the first double header after the Tony Awards.

Balcony F-19 for $80 (for both shows)...The service fee was ridiculous though, so my total was $102
"

I got that exact same seat in May for a double header. Yup the service feemis ridiculous.

Just give the world Love.

ace33
#705HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 12:24pm

-the code does NOT appear to be attached to an account... my spouse is the one that won the code but i was buying... i logged into his account via browser but it was going slow so I opened it up on my phone and I accidentally forgot to logout of my account, went through the whole purchase and only realized I had used my account with his code when I got the confirmation email. I HOPE its fine and they don't audit it or something. I did not try and see if the code still worked on his account.

-it doesn't NOT look like they released more for the 12pm people

-all the Saturday shows got scooped up FAST

I had no luck the first couple times I selected a specific price but picking the price range worked for me... ended up with $165 tickets in the dress circle row k center for a Saturday in August. Not thrilled about the price and loc of the seats.

Updated On: 10/18/17 at 12:24 PM

NYadgal Profile Photo
NYadgal
#706HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 12:27pm

I actually WANTED Premium seating, but was unable to buy it for ANY of the dates I tried.   And I tried at least 10 Saturday and Sunday option.   NONE of them were available.   And I logged in at 11am!

I have to say, that was the worst ticket buying experience I've ever had, and I've purchased a LOT of tickets over the years.

"Two drifters off to see the world. There's such a lot of world to see. . ."

lerota
#707HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 12:28pm

This is insane. The preview ticket error is still here and I can only do that time. Don't know what to do other than wait. F*** it. I'm gonna do Friday forty. 

raddersons Profile Photo
raddersons
#708HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 12:28pm

I give up. I'm not willing to pay $400 to see Harry Potter. Let me know how it is, everyone. I'll see it when the hype dies down in four years.

Polka Dot2 Profile Photo
Polka Dot2
#709HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 12:30pm

Ugg I cannot find any Sundays for $40! If someone finds one please post!

LesWickedly
#710HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 12:30pm

raddersons, long shot but if you buy it for me, I'll pay you back haha plus $30 extra.

ashleyjena
#711HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 12:31pm

Polka Dot2 said: "Ugg I cannot find any Sundays for $40! If someone finds one please post!"

I can't find any at all on any day at $20-40 sad

Dolly80
#712HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018

Really sorry to hear it’s such a bad experience for you all. It’s just not good enough, especially when tickets are so expensive. I suspect the bots have somehow found a way to buy up big blocks of tickets. Eurgh 

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#713HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018

Got neither the date nor the seating area I wanted, but I got 'em. That was exhausting.

One of the days, these ticket services will come up with a less stressful way to do stuff like this. I feel like I need to take a nap now!

Phantom of the board
#714HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 12:33pm

Lurker2 said: "Phantom of the board said: "HELP!!

I made it to the payment screen used my card on file (I updated all info last night). When I clicked purchase it just said there is a problem. I kept clicking, entered a different card manually clicked a few time. Then last click it went back to main screen to select price point. I assume my session timed out went through process and once selected it says code has been used. No email confirmation, nothing on ticketmaster account, and of course TM number is just busy signal.

Can anyone else report the same?
"

oh no! Can you see them in your ticketmaster account?
"

nothkng in account yet. The charge just showed up on my credit card. I'm not going to stress about it anymore.

did you get a confirmation or anything?

ashleyjena
#715HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 12:33pm

Dolly80 said: "Really sorry to hear it’s such a bad experience for you all. It’s just not good enough, especially when tickets are so expensive. I suspect the bots have somehow found a way to buy up big blocks of tickets. Eurgh"

But since the tickets are mobile entry or will call only -- I'm not sure how they will sell them? There is no option for transfer either....

Hairspray0901
#716HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 12:34pm

Well, count me in as the unsuccessful. I can NOT pay $199 for balcony or mezzanine, that's insane. I only get a half hour off so..back to work. Good luck, everyone! 

slumdogdelaware Profile Photo
slumdogdelaware
#717HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018

That was a pretty horrid experience. Just ended up doing a Thursday & Friday in July - $40 tix for the balcony. Whatever. 

Updated On: 10/18/17 at 12:34 PM

broadwaygirl89
#718HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018

Searched for all Sunday's in June and couldn't get any $130 or $165 tickets. Switched to a Thurs/Fri and was able to get a $165 center dress circle ticket in Row K for June 14/15. 

Wish we could see what the seating chart is and know what the sight lines will be like, but I'm pretty happy I don't have to wait until the fall to see it and get to see it a few days after the Tony Awards!

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#719HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 12:35pm

The only results I got were in the side rear of the mezzanine for $199, which I was 100% not going to pay. So I started over and searched for fewer tickets and now I’m stuck watching it search. I don’t even care how much I pay at this point, I just want it to be over.

LesWickedly
#720HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 12:36pm

My odds keep looking poorer and poorer. Really wish I lived in NYC so that Friday Forty was an option. Man, this really sucks. Hoping there were some tickets held back or that standby ends up being successful. 

Talico
#721HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 12:37pm

I wouldn't mind paying the premium price for a good location but there's no way in hell that I'm going to pay $199 for a bad seat when I have to go all the way from Brazil to NYC.

Updated On: 10/18/17 at 12:37 PM

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#722HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 12:37pm

LesWickedly said: "Quizking, that's one of the days I was hoping for. Still hoping for standby, but it seems like some are being held back since people are getting the same areas? Does that seem right or is my hope blinding me to reality?"

Sounds right. I would think they blocked off center orch seats after June so they can raise the price to whatever the secondhand ticket resale is selling them post Tony's.

MyLife
#723HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 12:38pm

At this point I think we may be better off waiting for the previews to go on sale and pouncing then

BOM  Profile Photo
BOM
#724HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 12:39pm

Secured tickets!!! Cost me over $400 for just me which kind of sucks, but I'm so excited to see this. 

Videos