Fox's next live musical

rattleNwoolypenguin
#50Fox's next live musical
Posted: 2/1/16 at 7:12pm

Bat Boy

yeah they wouldn't do it but COME ON how great would that be?

Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
#51Fox's next live musical
Posted: 2/1/16 at 7:18pm

Zadan & Meron are already developing a film adaptation of Pippin with Harvey Weinstein.

Peter2 Profile Photo
Peter2
#52Fox's next live musical
Posted: 2/1/16 at 7:24pm

Years ago, the BBC did a delightful version of "She Loves Me," showing just how well this intimate, incredibly charming show translates to television. I'd love to see it done that way here. (If the really promising cast and production team of this years' Roundabout revival could show their work to a national audience, that would be wonderful for everybody, I would think.)

NOWaWarning Profile Photo
NOWaWarning
#53Fox's next live musical
Posted: 2/1/16 at 7:24pm

I'd really be happy if one of the networks chose Dreamgirls. It'd be a technical beast and they'd probably have to cut some of the great material to fit it into the 3 hour slot, since they have to cram in a billion commercials. But it'd be so exciting and there'd be so many great casting opportunities and potential for jaw-dropping singing. One can dream.

Dave19
#54Fox's next live musical
Posted: 2/1/16 at 7:27pm

best12bars said: "Jordan Sparks as Aida!"

Wow, Aida would be perfect for this.

Edit: Though I would rather see a more polished film version of that.

Updated On: 2/1/16 at 07:27 PM

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#55Fox's next live musical
Posted: 2/1/16 at 7:41pm

Xanadu! They could do a hologram of Gene Kelly to keep up with appearances from people who actually were in it.

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

Demitri2 Profile Photo
Demitri2
#56Fox's next live musical
Posted: 2/1/16 at 7:43pm

My guess is the choice will be based on what's considered "family entertainment" with the big stress on "family." Just going by the Meron/ Zadan past projects (ANNIE, THE MUSIC MAN, SOM, PETER PAN, BYE BYE BIRDIE) I doubt they  would opt for anything edgier to be honest. Though I've seen CHICAGO, SWEET CHARITY and GYPSY performed at high schools, I think a network would likely choose something more along the lines of DAMN YANKEES, KING AND I, OKLAHOMA or OLIVER. Would they actually include Anita's simulated rape scene at Doc's if they did WEST SIDE STORY or gloss over it? It IS essential to the plot contributing to Tony's death. To soften the scene would remove a key reason for Anita's decision to betray him.  

zjb8
#57Fox's next live musical
Posted: 2/1/16 at 7:43pm

I want to see someone try to do an Evita movie again...but do alot better than it was done. Evita is such an epic musical experience and I feel like the movie did not do it justice. Doing it as one of the next live musicals would be pretty awesome in my opinion!

Outoftowner2
#58Fox's next live musical
Posted: 2/1/16 at 7:52pm

PNext December one of the networks should do "A Christmas Story".   It is a wonderful show, perfect for TV and very family friendly. 

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#59Fox's next live musical
Posted: 2/1/16 at 8:03pm

Each time I used to suggest West Side Story for this, I was told it's too inappropriate for primetime, now it seems more people are on board with wanting to see it done. The attempted rape is pivotal to the plot, and it indeed would lessen the material if it were to be toned down. 

Charley Kringas Inc Profile Photo
Charley Kringas Inc
#60Fox's next live musical
Posted: 2/1/16 at 8:03pm

It kinda bums me out that the only musicals they'll do will inevitably be very bright, poppy, and star-friendly, because there are so many great shows that could desperately use a proper taping. Even something like "She Loves Me" is far too esoteric.

best12bars said: "Maybe they can try Gypsy. It's been five minutes since anyone has seen it."

If we go under 60 Gypsy revivals a year, the bus will explode.

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#61Fox's next live musical
Posted: 2/1/16 at 8:30pm

Remember when Fox nabbed the rights to GUYS AND DOLLS back in 2013 with Channing Tatum and Joseph Gordon-Levitt? Well...

I wouldn't be surprised if G&D was the next Fox Live Musical.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOFwpLIBM8c

Wildcard
#62Fox's next live musical
Posted: 2/1/16 at 8:40pm

WSS in inappropriate for NBC. They do the family-oriented holiday shows. It's definitely not inappropriate for FOX, considering the other shows they have historically had on the air.  

RW3
#63Fox's next live musical
Posted: 2/1/16 at 8:44pm

My vote would go to Footloose

• Notable film
  • Another melding of movie and musical
  • Opportunity for some really cool choreography
  • Revisiting some Top 40 hits and introducing them to a 2017 audience
  • Keke Palmer as Rusty singing "Let's hear it for the Boy"

LightsOut90
#64Fox's next live musical
Posted: 2/1/16 at 8:48pm

People need to stop bringing up West Side Story, Spielberg has the rights locked up for a new film version, he's not going to give that up anytime soon.

helvizz Profile Photo
helvizz
#65Fox's next live musical
Posted: 2/1/16 at 8:50pm

I'd love to see In the Heights with Naya Rivera as Vanessa. A man can dream...

Luscious Profile Photo
Luscious
#66Fox's next live musical
Posted: 2/1/16 at 8:52pm

EVITA starring Lady Gaga. She would kill it!

Fox's next live musical

Updated On: 2/1/16 at 08:52 PM

Demitri2 Profile Photo
Demitri2
#67Fox's next live musical
Posted: 2/1/16 at 9:22pm

As displayed in this picture, Gaga's head is much too big to play the role.

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#68Fox's next live musical
Posted: 2/1/16 at 9:54pm

I like Lady Bobble Evita.

Velveeta can sponsor it.

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

¿Macavity?
#69Fox's next live musical
Posted: 2/1/16 at 10:03pm

Okay, first time I've commented or "replied" on one of these boards, so I hope I'm doing this right. Anyway, I think that Little Shop of Horrors would be fantastic. Most people have only seen the movie, which is good, but much different from the stage version. For most people that have only seen the "theatrical cut" in particular, this would be very interesting to see. Also, it's just such a good show that's funny, dark, and sad. I think that the puppetry could really shine if it had the same budget of Grease: Live. $16 Million I think it was.

justincharacter Profile Photo
justincharacter
#70Fox's next live musical
Posted: 2/1/16 at 10:50pm

Dreamgirls with Jazmine Sullivan as Effie, Krystal Joy Brown as Deena Jones, Usher as James Early, and John Legend as Curtis. Stick in some other Broadway vets in there too!

kudelicek
#71Fox's next live musical
Posted: 2/2/16 at 4:29am

Updated On: 2/2/16 at 04:29 AM

TerrenceIsTheMann
#72Fox's next live musical
Posted: 2/2/16 at 4:38am

Definitely stick with the period shows.. worked really well on FOX.... I would love to see How to Succeed or Anything Goes.

Mrtrobz
#73Fox's next live musical
Posted: 2/2/16 at 9:23am

From what a few sources have told me Little Shop might not be out of the question. wink

Vectorbabe
#74Fox's next live musical
Posted: 2/2/16 at 10:02am

Oklahoma! (First musical album I had.)

Great dance numbers.

Fun, historical plot.

"Dark" subplot that could be made even darker.

Oh what a beautiful morning never gets old

Want to try "Kansas City" with rap lyrics. (Hello Lin Manuel.)

Not done recently on Broadway.

VERY old movie, but nothing sooner. (I think.)

Bring back Julian Hough and Aaron Tveit as Curley and Laurey

Shirley Jones as Aunt Eller (get the connection?)

They might have to modify the Persian background of Ali Hakim to avoid current Muslim stereotypes.

Roger Bart as Ali Hakim or Lin Manuel if he modifies the Kansas City song.

Annaleigh Ashford as Ado Annie

Possibilities for diverse casting of Will Parker (see, that's also why her father doesn't want him to marry Ado Annie) OR, reverse the diversity and make Ado Annie black

Enhanced story of drugs for ballet sequence. (Children, just say no to the horrible dreams you will have.)

Ballet sequence using American Ballet stars with Misty Copeland (a ballet superstar)

Great ratings in Oklahoma City, Tulsa, Kansas City, farms and cattle ranches.

Videos