Beetlejuice casting

Hamilfan2
#50Beetlejuice casting
Posted: 2/8/22 at 2:39pm

Sounds like the cast list will be released on 2/10, so won’t have to speculate much longer!

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#51Beetlejuice casting
Posted: 2/9/22 at 9:41am

Alex is officially back!

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

schubox
Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#53Beetlejuice casting
Posted: 2/9/22 at 11:13am

As everythingtaboo already reported an hour before you posted. Thanks, taboo. How very exciting! 

fashionguru_23 Profile Photo
fashionguru_23
#54Beetlejuice casting
Posted: 2/9/22 at 11:20am

Sutton, correct about Taboo posting. However, until you posted the only way I was able to see Taboo's post was to comment on something. I almost posted about Brightman. Something is up with the forums. It's been like this for me for a while. 

"Ok ok ok ok ok ok ok. Have you guys heard about fidget spinners!?" ~Patti LuPone

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#55Beetlejuice casting
Posted: 2/9/22 at 11:26am

That sucks, really? My apologies then. 

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#56Beetlejuice casting
Posted: 2/9/22 at 11:26am

When it gets to end of the page after the 25th post, it takes a couple of posts after the 26th to push it to a new page, so that people can actually see it. It's very annoying.

Updated On: 2/9/22 at 11:26 AM

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#57Beetlejuice casting
Posted: 2/9/22 at 11:33am

Just Brightman gets announced? I guess we find out everyone else tomorrow.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#58Beetlejuice casting
Posted: 2/9/22 at 12:51pm

TaffyDavenport said: "When it gets to end of the page after the 25th post, it takes a couple of posts after the 26th to push it to a new page, so that people can actually see it. It's very annoying."

It’s an issue every 25 posts.

Oh look, a bibu!

TaffyDavenport
#59Beetlejuice casting
Posted: 2/9/22 at 12:58pm

EDSOSLO858 said: "TaffyDavenport said: "When it gets to end of the page after the 25th post, it takes a couple of posts after the 26th to push it to a new page, so that people can actually see it. It's very annoying."

It’s an issue every 25 posts.
"

Yes, that's what I meant. I guess I should have said "each" page.

Updated On: 2/9/22 at 12:58 PM

willep
#60Beetlejuice casting
Posted: 2/9/22 at 1:01pm

The best part is that it’s not even the person who posted fighting, it’s someone else hahahaha

BroadwayRox3588 Profile Photo
BroadwayRox3588
#61Beetlejuice casting
Posted: 2/9/22 at 1:07pm

Just popping back in here to say that I have NO idea why my previous post was deleted. I did absolutely nothing wrong, and broke no rules. When I screw up enough to warrant a post getting deleted, I generally own up, and ask no questions. But that is not the case in this thread; I did nothing wrong here.

In any event, I'm thrilled that Alex is coming back.

Nolan LuPone
#62Beetlejuice casting
Posted: 2/9/22 at 8:02pm

That's weird, what did you post?

ksdc
#63Beetlejuice casting
Posted: 2/10/22 at 9:37am

Finally public knowledge that Elizabeth Teeter is the new Lydia. 

She unintentionally hinted at this (that she was cast and set to start rehearsals before the shutdown) on a podcast and it was easy to put the pieces together, especially with Kerry commenting on her instagram recently. 

Congrats to her and all cast members!

smidge2
#65Beetlejuice casting
Posted: 2/10/22 at 9:45am

Such a diverse cast !!

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#66Beetlejuice casting
Posted: 2/10/22 at 9:57am

Seems like they're no longer having Kritzer double as Miss Argentina. That's a strange change.

EDIT: On second thought, maybe it's not so strange if they're trying to avoid having a large cluster of people in one spot helping her with the quick change? Still, it'll be sad not to see her perform Miss Argentina's number.

Updated On: 2/10/22 at 09:57 AM

TaffyDavenport
#67Beetlejuice casting
Posted: 2/10/22 at 10:03am

bjh2114 said: "Seems like they're no longer having Kritzer double as Miss Argentina. That's a strange change.

EDIT: On second thought, maybe it's not so strange if they're trying to avoid having a large cluster of people in one spot helping her with the quick change? Still, it'll be sad not to see her perform Miss Argentina's number.
"

Discussed on page 2 of this thread.

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#68Beetlejuice casting
Posted: 2/10/22 at 10:10am

TaffyDavenport said: "When it gets to end of the page after the 25th post, it takes a couple of posts after the 26th to push it to a new page, so that people can actually see it. It's very annoying."

Equally annoying about this forum glitch, I couldn't even go back to edit and add the link I mean to include. 

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

adotburr
#69Beetlejuice casting
Posted: 2/10/22 at 10:18am

Is the website down for anyone else or just me? 

she/her . “everything’s legal in new jersey”

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#70Beetlejuice casting
Posted: 2/10/22 at 10:49am

everythingtaboo said: "Looking at May availability and it looks like they haven't sold barely anything. When are they going to start actually promoting this show?"

It is EARLY. Shows have finite advertising budgets and it would be a waste to spend a lot on advertising in the dead of winter/Omicron when perfs don't begin for 2 more months.

Their best stroke of luck is that the old BEETLEJUICE billboard on 46th Street hasn't been taken down by another advertiser (assuming they haven't been paying for that since March 2020).

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#71Beetlejuice casting
Posted: 2/10/22 at 9:54pm

TaffyDavenport said: "Discussed on page 2 of this thread."

Ah yes. Alas I wasn't keeping up with the news prior to the cast actually being announced...

mailhandler777
#72Beetlejuice casting
Posted: 2/10/22 at 10:17pm

smidge2 said: "Such a diverse cast !!"

I'm hoping this is sarcasm. 

Hi, I'm Val. Formerly DefyGravity777(I believe)

seymour krelborn Profile Photo
seymour krelborn
#73Beetlejuice casting
Posted: 2/11/22 at 1:10pm

Re: Miss Argentina - Leslie talks about it on the most recent episode of Josh Lamon’s podcast Josh Swallows Broadway. Seems like it came down to she just didn’t want to do both and it was a nice way to give an ensemble member a feature. She hints that she didn’t want to come back at all but couldn’t pass up doing just Delia. 

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#74Beetlejuice casting
Posted: 2/13/22 at 7:44pm

I was just wondering whatever happened to Zonya Love. I hadn't heard her name come up at all since closing out The Color Purple all those years ago.

Videos