pixeltracker

What Shows That Failed Do You Think Deserve A Second Chance?- Page 3

What Shows That Failed Do You Think Deserve A Second Chance?

andyf
#50re: What Shows That Failed Do You Think Deserve A Second Chance?
Posted: 10/8/04 at 11:40pm

BABY, but only the reworked version that they did at Papermill earlier this year.

I HATE the way the show originally ended, in their BroadwayBeat interview, Maltby and Shire themselves even said that they had wanted to take the risks they took with the reworked version originally, but they just couldn't because it would be too dark for people or whatever.

The reworked version was AMAZING though and they even added a beautiful new song, "End of Summer"

OK, this show needs its own thread.

Andrew, tonight isn't about you! It isn't even about me!!! - [FD]

Michael Strathmore Profile Photo
Michael Strathmore
#51Jane Eyre...
Posted: 10/8/04 at 11:43pm

...but only the Toronto version that was through-composed. It was far superior to the version that opened on Broadway. Anyone see it?

--M--

morosco Profile Photo
morosco
#52Jane Eyre...
Posted: 10/8/04 at 11:47pm

Jane Eyre...

Side Show

andyf
#53Side Show...
Posted: 10/9/04 at 12:50am

...only if they work on it.

Andrew, tonight isn't about you! It isn't even about me!!! - [FD]

SueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
#54Side Show...
Posted: 10/9/04 at 1:46am

A Man of No Importance. Beautiful story and score.

PEACE.

Labashier
#55My pick...
Posted: 10/9/04 at 2:08am

Zombie Prom!

MargoChanning
#56My pick...
Posted: 10/9/04 at 2:30am

Mr. Roxy,

All I know about INNER CITY is the song "Deep In The Night" which just KILLS me (Linda Hopkins is one of my favorites -- I have the album of hers where she re-recorded it). I've heard that the whole score was great, but for whatever reason, the show never found an audience. Did you see it?
--------------------------------------------------------

The Hal Prince revival of Showboat ran nearly three years, won a few Tonys and was a major success (the most successful Broadway production of the show ever, including the original long-running landmark 1927 production)

There was a very good and interesting production of "Gorey Stories" that ran at the Century Theatre off-Broadway for a few months a couple of years ago. Fun show.

I LOVE the score of BABY (I've never seen it live)

"What a story........ everything but the bloodhounds snappin' at her rear end." -- Birdie [http://margochanning.broadwayworld.com/] "The Devil Be Hittin' Me" -- Whitney

AbsolutKnight Profile Photo
AbsolutKnight
#57My pick...
Posted: 10/9/04 at 9:56am

Definately Chess, bring it back, but NOT the broadway version!

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#58My pick...
Posted: 10/9/04 at 3:08pm

To Margo

Inner City was directed by Tom O Horgan & it was described as a Street Cantata . The cast album should have been 2 LP's as only half of the score was recorded. This would be a great revival off broadway.

I think people thought it was too edgy. The finale " The Great If" was quite good. Try & get the cast album @ Footlight

Two other shows that come to mind are "It's A Bird, It's A Plane , It's Superman " & "Hallelujah, Baby "

Poster Emeritus
Updated On: 10/9/04 at 03:08 PM

Broadway Matt Profile Photo
Broadway Matt
#59My pick...
Posted: 10/9/04 at 3:10pm

SIDE SHOW!!!!!!!

CHESS (without the book)

"The last train out of any station will not be full of nice guys." - Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"I wash my face, then drink beer, then I weep. Say a prayer and induce insincere self-abuse, till I'm fast asleep"- In Trousers

wicked4life51 Profile Photo
wicked4life51
#60My pick...
Posted: 10/9/04 at 3:43pm

side show
parade
taboo
urinetown
(Lippa) wild party
Zanna Dont

"what? what is it? do i have something in my teeth? ok lets get this over with : no im not seasick,yes ive always been green, and no i didnt chew grass as a child "

Becky
#61My pick...
Posted: 10/9/04 at 3:52pm

Parade.

jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
#62My pick...
Posted: 10/9/04 at 3:57pm

Thoroughly Modern Millie (it came close but never recouped as i recall)....and it would be an excuse for me to finally play graydon

"Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel

LoringsGuy
#63My pick...
Posted: 10/9/04 at 4:10pm

SIDE SHOW! I understudied Terry in a regional production of it directed by Bill Russell, and it was an amazing experience. He's one of the sweetest, most humble guys you could hope to meet.

"Word of advice: Be who you are, wear what you want---just learn how to run real fast." Marc, UGLY BETTY

Broadwayboobs Profile Photo
Broadwayboobs
#64My pick...
Posted: 10/9/04 at 4:13pm

Jane Eyre
Side Show
Inner City
Taboo
Let My People Come

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. Ralph Waldo Emerson

defy_gravity
#65My pick...
Posted: 10/9/04 at 4:50pm

Taboo and The Wild Party, definitely. And Little Shop, wish it were still going.

We can't all come and go by bubble...

mallardo Profile Photo
mallardo
#66My pick...
Posted: 10/9/04 at 6:34pm

Never Gonna Dance. The book could use a tweak and it needs better voices than it had at the Broadhurst but it's a great show.

Faced with these Loreleis, what man can moralize!

StrStruckDreamr9 Profile Photo
StrStruckDreamr9
#67My pick...
Posted: 10/9/04 at 6:41pm

I don't think that Little Shop "failed" per se, but I do agree that it deserved a longer run. My vote would also go to Summer of '42.

ponine24601
#68My pick...
Posted: 10/9/04 at 6:44pm

Dance of the Vampires
Never Gonna Dance
Taboo
Urinetown
Side Show

"People asking questions, lost in confusion. Well I tell them there's no problems, only solutions." ~The one and only John Lennon
Updated On: 10/9/04 at 06:44 PM

erniesgirl96
#69My pick...
Posted: 10/9/04 at 7:16pm

I would have to say Dance of the Vampires

Mary_Ethel Profile Photo
Mary_Ethel
#70My pick...
Posted: 10/9/04 at 8:23pm

Hi Dgrant,

Why would you like to see ANYONE CAN WHISTLE reworked? :)

I think it's already BRILLIANT!

"I say YOU'RE the CUTEST one. No, I say YOU'RE the CUTEST One. And we go on like that from dawn to three."

GaLiNdaFied Profile Photo
GaLiNdaFied
#71My pick...
Posted: 10/9/04 at 8:37pm

i agree with laactress, Bare should have got a chance in the first place -sniffle-

"Someone please tell me- when the hell did gravity become the enemy? How has an essential force of nature, something that makes it possible for life to even exist on this planet, come to deserve the scorn and hatred of every teenage girl with no head voice?"- Broadway Matt

My Fair Lady Profile Photo
My Fair Lady
#72My pick...
Posted: 10/9/04 at 8:48pm

Thoroughly Modern Millie and Lippa's Wild Party. Also, I want Assassins back!

Sant
#73My pick...
Posted: 10/9/04 at 9:35pm

Martin Guerre. Never was on Broadway but sort of failed in London. It's been reworked since, and the score has always been very strong - maybe even better than Miss Saigon...

adampascalgal Profile Photo
adampascalgal
#74My pick...
Posted: 10/9/04 at 10:13pm

Sant - Soooo funny I was going to come in here and post the same thing, obviously from my other thread that I posted tonight. So I guess we both agree on Martin Guerre!!!

"All they say Is "Trust in What Is Writen." Wars are made. And somehow that is wisdom. Thought is suspect, And money is their idol, And nothing is okay unless it's scripted in their Bible." -Spring Awakening

Videos