pixeltracker

Flops that you would love to see get a revival...- Page 3

Flops that you would love to see get a revival...

laura is broadway Profile Photo
laura is broadway
#50re: Flops that you would love to see get a revival...
Posted: 9/16/08 at 10:58pm

Was The Light in the Piazza actually a flop? Well, either way, I'd love to see it revived.

into_the_woods2 Profile Photo
into_the_woods2
#51re: Flops that you would love to see get a revival...
Posted: 9/17/08 at 8:26am

Bat Boy...

Please?

"The good news is I have an excellent Tony speech. The bad news is I've had it for forty-five years."-Elaine Stritch

Hank
HollyDiver
#53re: Flops that you would love to see get a revival...
Posted: 9/17/08 at 10:45am

I agree with Cry Baby... I want Christopher J Hanke to still be in it though because he absolutely cracked me up. So hilarious!

Also Little Shop of Horrors!

I'd rather be reckless than rockless.

Schmerg_The_Impaler Profile Photo
Schmerg_The_Impaler
#54re: Flops that you would love to see get a revival...
Posted: 9/17/08 at 3:03pm

Yes! Little Shop, please! I absolutely adore that show, and I was surprised it wasn't more successful on Broadway. I think it's probably Alan Menken's best, and I'm a tinge obsessed with Disney, so that's saying a lot...

In my pants, she has burst like the music of angels, the light of the sun! --Marius Pantsmercy

Gigi5
#55re: Flops that you would love to see get a revival...
Posted: 9/17/08 at 3:14pm

Parade

"All the Wasted Time" always brings me to tears.

Theatreboy49 Profile Photo
Theatreboy49
#56re: Flops that you would love to see get a revival...
Posted: 9/17/08 at 3:16pm

Gigi i have been singing Feel the Rain Fall all day! I wan to see Side Show, Parade, Ragtime and Wild Party Lippa.

<------ Me and my friends with patti Lupone at my friends afterparty for her concert with audra mcdonald during the summer of 2007.
"I am sorry but it is an unjust world and virtue is only triumphant in theatricle performances" The Mikado

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#57re: Flops that you would love to see get a revival...
Posted: 9/18/08 at 3:18pm

Jekyll, minus the ginormous bump that was called the Broadway run (which I still thoroughly enjoyable), has really only gotten better too.

Really? Did you see the second pre-Broadway production (out of the the three)? That is where I felt the show peaked. After that, it went downhill. Yes, it improved after Broadway, but it still isn't anywhere near the show it once was. The second production only needed a few minor changes and it would have been magnificent. That show was a gigantic missed opportunity. And I love I Need to Know. It set up Jekyll's motivations from the beginning and provided the much-needed energy at the top of the show. Lost in the Darkness was a pretty song that really just dragged out what was roughly a couple of lines of dialogue in what was one of the dullest openings I've ever seen in a musical. It's not a good idea to put people to sleep at the top of the show. Afer seeing the mostly fabulous pre-Broadway productions (the third was starting to get iffy), I laughed my way through the Broadway production. It was virtually unrecognizable and unintentionally campy. I mean, those Good and Evil (a song originally sung by the innkeeper in the Alley Theatre production) devil boys! I don't think they had spandex in the 19th century.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

Orangesaretuesdays
#58re: Flops that you would love to see get a revival...
Posted: 11/25/10 at 11:11am

Cry Baby had some (Like 4) great songs and an interesting concept and with a lot of tweaking I think it could be great!

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#59re: Flops that you would love to see get a revival...
Posted: 11/25/10 at 1:10pm

Every bloody one of them.

Plus

Superman
Rockabye Hamlet
Rachel Lily Rosenbloom
Warp
Dude
Via Galactica
Senator Joe
Into The Light
Here's Where I Belong
Gantry
What Makes Sammy Run
Bajour
Here's Love - For Christmas

Poster Emeritus

twinbelters Profile Photo
twinbelters
#60re: Flops that you would love to see get a revival...
Posted: 11/25/10 at 1:58pm

I want Lolita, My Love to finally arrive on Broadway.

Rockabye Hamlet fer sher.

With Irma you gotta do something!

ClapYo'Hands Profile Photo
ClapYo'Hands
#61re: Flops that you would love to see get a revival...
Posted: 11/25/10 at 3:27pm

Sunset Boulevard & Merrily We Roll Along.

BroadwayBound115 Profile Photo
BroadwayBound115
#62re: Flops that you would love to see get a revival...
Posted: 11/25/10 at 4:04pm

I'd LOVE a revival of Goldilocks. Such a fun show and score.

chewy5000 Profile Photo
chewy5000
#63re: Flops that you would love to see get a revival...
Posted: 11/26/10 at 1:20am

Got tu Go Disco and all the other shows that faded into permanent obscurity.

PopAria Profile Photo
PopAria
#64re: Flops that you would love to see get a revival...
Posted: 11/26/10 at 12:38pm

Duh, The Little Mermaid. But only after Lion King closes because we can't have too many kid shows on Bway. I'd love to see an actual mermaid with no feet.

Also, Lestat would be a great to see on broadway. I heard some of the music and it's phenominal.

hottieho13 Profile Photo
hottieho13
#65re: Flops that you would love to see get a revival...
Posted: 11/27/10 at 12:28am

Marie Christine

No Strings

Merrily We Roll Along

I would love love love love LOVE to see these shows!

The Other One
#66re: Flops that you would love to see get a revival...
Posted: 11/27/10 at 7:33am

Allegro and Pipe Dream

anotherhundredpeople2 Profile Photo
anotherhundredpeople2
#67re: Flops that you would love to see get a revival...
Posted: 11/27/10 at 12:02pm

I agree with the Smile suggestion, Jane and all. Such an under-appreciated show.
Also, Anyone Can Whistle with Raul, Donna, and Sutton really needs to be revived as a full production. The "concert" version was fabulous, though I found that mine was an unpopular opinion when talking with people at the stage door there...

"Another book you thought was best unread has proved, indeed, it was." -Another Sleepless Night -In Trousers

"The wee folk and the grown folk Who wander to and fro Have ways known to their own folk We throne folk don’t know" -Camelot

"Just remembering that you had an "and" when you're back to "or" makes the "or" mean more than it did before" -Into the Woods

"Enjoy your party..." -Company

"The thing about explorers is, they discover things that are already there." -In Trousers

"How do you know what you want 'til you get what you want and you see if you like it?" -Into the Woods

"I feel so much spring within me, blow winds blow, spring has just begun. And something's taken wing within me. What was dark so long had felt like winter, finally there's sun." -A New Brain

hottieho13 Profile Photo
hottieho13
#68re: Flops that you would love to see get a revival...
Posted: 11/27/10 at 9:03pm

Oh and Bernarda Alba!

Jon
#69re: Flops that you would love to see get a revival...
Posted: 11/28/10 at 9:09am

"Shinbone Alley" - A.K.A. "archy and mehitabel"

NOT the big,overblown mess that flopped in 1957, but the revised, small cast version licensed by MTI.

jt1890
#70re: Flops that you would love to see get a revival...
Posted: 11/28/10 at 9:28am

The Wild Party -bway

Marie Christine

Woman in White - with some revisions and cuts there is a great show there

Caroline, or Change

romgitsean
#71re: Flops that you would love to see get a revival...
Posted: 11/28/10 at 12:30pm

It's true - Woman is vastly under-rated. I think what needs to be done is simply take the original script and insert the songs into it.

Poparia, I happen to agree with you on Lestat...but it's an unpopular opinion we hold. I'm crazy about Lestat like philly03 is with Wonderland - we'll never win on this board with our opinions, but we'll defend it to the death.

Recent Broadway and Off-Broadway:: Carrie, Merrily, Ionescopade
Next On The List :: Clybourne Park, Once, Streetcar, BOM

musicalperson17
#72re: Flops that you would love to see get a revival...
Posted: 11/28/10 at 9:53pm

Spiderman: Turn Off the Dark

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#73re: Flops that you would love to see get a revival...
Posted: 11/28/10 at 9:55pm

Damn you beat me to it!

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#74re: Flops that you would love to see get a revival...
Posted: 11/28/10 at 11:51pm

I was just coming to ask if it were too soon to suggest Spidey as well.

(Great minds....)

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Videos