#825Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/5/17 at 3:12pm

We also got a poster! 

Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#826Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/5/17 at 3:15pm

Well this just went from "Must See" to "Must See If I Can Get Comps Otherwise Nah".

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#827Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/5/17 at 3:16pm

Well, took them long enough lol

Wow, this casting is really unexpected, minus Ambrose. This will be my introduction to Ambrose, Rigg, and Harry Hadden Paton. I'll be excited to see Norbert, but isn't he too young for Doolittle? And gorgeous artwork!

bdn223 Profile Photo
bdn223
#828Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/5/17 at 3:16pm

Did an A-Lister drop out or something because after the announcement my opinion went from Ehhh to Mehh. In other words I went from being this could be interesting to not caring at all, let me save some money since I already have to pay full price for Harry Potter, Mean Girls, and Frozen.

nasty_khakis
#829Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/5/17 at 3:18pm

Alfred had Eliza at 11 years old! Mrs Higgins had Henry at 43, pretty impressive!

I can get on board with a younger Higgins and works with his spoiled bratty behavior, though,

Updated On: 10/5/17 at 03:18 PM

At-the-glen
#830Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/5/17 at 3:19pm

Pass on everybody but Diana Rigg and this part isn’t really big enough for her Broadway return is it. 

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#831Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/5/17 at 3:20pm

Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#832Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/5/17 at 3:21pm

I'm looking forward to it.

I'm sure everyone's tune will change when it's in previews.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Ado Annie D'Ysquith Profile Photo
Ado Annie D'Ysquith
#833Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/5/17 at 3:22pm

God...after all the hype and all the speculation...I feel like I've been sucker-punched. I love Norbert Leo Butz but he looks WAY too young to be Ambrose's father.

At least the artwork is pretty, but McMullan never disappoints.

http://puccinischronicles.wordpress.com

Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
#834Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/5/17 at 3:22pm

JIMG3 said: "GeorgeandDot said: "Blink twice if a certain Sher favorite who has yet to win a Tony Award is involved as a certain character's father."

Blink, blink
"

And now Norbert Leo Butz has been announced for Alfred P. Doolittle. I wish I had thought of him for the role previously because it sounds like perfect casting. I'm very excited to see him back on Broadway.

Though what gives to you JIMG3 for giving us the hint that it was going to be Danny Burstein?

GeorgeandDot Profile Photo
GeorgeandDot
#835Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/5/17 at 3:24pm

That's a.... really weak cast and not what anyone was expecting in the slightest.  Norbert Leo Butz is far too young to play Ambrose's father.  They look nearly the same age.  Dame Diana Rigg is sensational and perfect, but... Harry who?  No clue who that guy is at all.  Of course I'll be going to see it, but this just got knocked waaay down on my list.  Maybe I'll just wait to see who the replacements are and go then.  This cast just really does not peak my interest in the slightest.

sparepart973
#836Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/5/17 at 3:24pm

When do tickets go on sale, and can I sign up for early booking?

imeldasturn Profile Photo
imeldasturn
#837Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/5/17 at 3:25pm

Funnily enough Dame Diana's latest stage role was Mrs Higgins in Pygmalion 

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#838Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/5/17 at 3:29pm

sparepart973 said: "When do tickets go on sale, and can I sign up for early booking?"

Tickets go on sale 10/29. A limited number of tickets priced at $32 are available at every performance through LincTix.

WayTooBroadway Profile Photo
WayTooBroadway
#839Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/5/17 at 3:33pm

I really thought Jan Maxwell had it in the bag.

"When the audience comes in, it changes the temperature of what you've written." -Stephen Sondheim

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#840Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/5/17 at 3:34pm

I’m curious what everyone’s issue with the casting is? Seems fine to me. The star of a Sher production is always Sher’s direction, to me, so I have absolute confidence in any cast he assembled. I also happen to be a huge fan of Lauren Ambrose, so this just became even more of a must-see for me.

Anyone who was genuinely expecting the casting of Laura Benanti (who has another show opening in the Spring) and Colin Firth has been living in a made-up fantasy world.

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#841Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/5/17 at 3:34pm

Holy crap! Diana Rigg? I'm sold! 

Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
#842Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/5/17 at 3:35pm

ColorTheHours048 said: "I’m curious what everyone’s issue with the casting is? Seems fine to me. The star of a Sher production is always Sher’s direction, to me, so I have absolute confidence in any cast he assembled. I also happen to be a huge fan of Lauren Ambrose, so this just became even more of a must-see for me."

I agree. I definitely think we should give Bart the benefit of the doubt here.

smidge
#843Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/5/17 at 3:35pm

I wasn’t familiar with Paulo Szot before South Pacific and he turned out pretty darned good.

CindersGolightly Profile Photo
CindersGolightly
#844Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/5/17 at 3:39pm

Well, I guess now we know who not to trust as "sources" for casting. Yikes.

They/them. "Get up the nerve to be all you deserve to be."

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#845Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/5/17 at 3:40pm

Diana Rigg is the only exciting part of this announcement.

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

smidge
#846Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/5/17 at 3:40pm

Also curious about the on sale date. Article doesn’t specify if 10/29 is for Lincoln Center Theater members or a general on sale.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#847Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/5/17 at 3:41pm

...if it was Betsy Wolfe, there'd be people on here losing their goddamn minds,

But no, it's only accomplished actress Lauren Ambrose and two-time Tony winner Norbert Leo Butz. le SIGH.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

GeorgeandDot Profile Photo
GeorgeandDot
#848Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/5/17 at 3:43pm

I don't think anyone was expecting Benanti or Firth.  Ambrose has been nearly a lock for weeks, it was the casting of whatshisface as Higgins.  I think everyone was expecting a more interesting choice.

Szot's casting was a different matter.  Emile is an incredibly difficult singing role, so I think everyone was expecting a newcomer for that part.  I know I certainly was, but Higgins is a role that could have been filled by any great actor and so it's underwhelming that they chose such an unfamiliar name.  I'm sure the production will be great, but I'm certainly not "hyped" in the slightest, especially after the flashy casting of Rudin's Carousel.

Margo319
#849Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/5/17 at 3:43pm

NORBERT!!!!!!!!  SQUEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

heartheartlaughlaugh

Videos