News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD Set for April 2018 Opening at the Lyric- Page 35

HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD Set for April 2018 Opening at the Lyric

TenuousBond
#850HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 2:40pm

I have  2 20 dollar seats for the March 29th/30th shows that I'm looking to exchange because of Passover.  If anyone would like to swap, I'd be very appreciative.

NYfanfromCA Profile Photo
NYfanfromCA
#851HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 2:46pm

LesWickedly said: "Lucky. Would've opted for Dress Circle over my row v seat, but it never popped up. I don't have buyers remorse because I just need to see the show, but still wish there would've been better offerings."

Me too.  We have Row T and would have preferred Dress Circle or anything closer really.  Glad to have seats, but for $199 plus fees, it would be nice to have a choice.  Looks like they are holding back the center closer seats.  Does that mean that they will fiddle with the pricing and make them a lot more?!

Anna Lan
#852HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 2:46pm

One of my friends got one (a standby code) and tossed it to me. Dress circle row g center. August. I hit that purchase button so fast.

Updated On: 10/18/17 at 02:46 PM

vanbrig Profile Photo
vanbrig
#853HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 2:48pm

Hate to be pesky or sound like a bot, but if anyone gets a standby code and ends up not using it, I would be so grateful for it. I'm taking a family member who's a lifelong HP fan to NYC in April, and it would make him so happy if we could get tickets. Please pm me. Thanks!

schubox
#854HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 2:49pm

Yep no one I know got a standby code either. Looks like I may have to write this off for my May trip unless I get lucky with the $40 thing

amysea
#855HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 2:49pm

Anna Lan said: "One of my friends got one (a standby code) and tossed it to me. Dress circle row g center. August. I hit that purchase button so fast."

What price point was that seat in, if you don't mind me asking? (Still waiting for a standby code...)

StageDoor3 Profile Photo
StageDoor3
#856HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 2:50pm

I'm seeing someone say they got a standby code.  Does that mean the standby codes are starting to go out.   Nothing here.     If anyone has a code they do not want use please PM me.

Thanks!

TheSassySam Profile Photo
TheSassySam
#857HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 2:52pm

I have a meeting at 3:15 p.m. and will laugh so hard if I get a code at 3:13 p.m.

Anna Lan
#858HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 2:56pm

amysea said: "Anna Lan said: "One of my friends got one (a standby code) and tossed it to me. Dress circle row g center. August. I hit that purchase button so fast."

What price point was that seat in, if you don't mind me asking? (Still waiting for a standby code...)
"

$199. That was in my budget, so I'm thrilled. If I get a second one I'll send it your way. Fingers crossed.

amysea
#859HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 2:59pm

Anna Lan said: "amysea said: "Anna Lan said: "One of my friends got one (a standby code) and tossed it to me. Dress circle row g center. August. I hit that purchase button so fast."

"

$199. That was in my budget, so I'm thrilled. If I get a second one I'll send it your way. Fingers crossed.
"

Congrats! And that would be amazing, thank you!

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#860HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 3:01pm

StageDoor3 said: "I'm seeing someone say they got a standby code. Does that mean the standby codes are starting to go out. Nothing here. If anyone has a code they do not want use please PM me.

Thanks!
"

Someone in the other thread posted a tweet from Ticketmaster stating a limited amount of standby codes are being issued.

Just give the world Love.

schubox
#861HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 3:05pm

So my dad apparently got a standby code, and he called my mom and told her, but not me, the guy who signed him up for it and wants the code. Sigh 

gimlet2
#862HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 3:06pm

How are tickets showing up on StubHub already? Do they allow you to buy/sell "futures?" Upthread someone wrote that pickup requires purchasing CC, so how can any of these listings be valid?

Also, I vastly underestimated the difficulty of the process today, still waiting for the code fairy.

BroadwayBaby4
#863HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 3:08pm

I applaud anyone who was able to get tickets for more than one person. Was trying to get to tickets for three then two and even with the additional preview seats coming out I was unable to find anything under $155 per ticket which sadly was out of our price range. 

I was finally able to find $40 tickets when looking for a single person, which I took as a big win.

Nycat63
#864HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 3:08pm

I truly hope TM will be kind enough to tweet when they stop sending standby codes, if they haven't already.  I'd like to just go back to my life at some point.

ChildofEarth Profile Photo
ChildofEarth
#865HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 3:09pm

I got a standby code at 2:09 and had a ticket by 2:11. Row T all the way to the right in seat 27. Here’s hoping it won’t be too obstructed.

mlledir
#866HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 3:10pm

Are there any psychiatrists on this thread?  Starting to worry about myself because I can't stop reading this stuff and am just sitting here waiting/hoping for a standby code like a crazy person.  Every time I get a text I jump.  Literally can't focus on anything else.  There must be some diagnosis for this.  What. Is. Happening.

I am cracking up at your message because I AM a psychiatrist...and Im doing the same thing :)

Updated On: 10/18/17 at 03:10 PM

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#867HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 3:10pm

In some bizarre world where someone doesn't want their code, please PM me.

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

Fosse76
#868HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 3:11pm

There is no doubt in my mind that a significant number of seats are being withheld, probably to determine how much more they can raise ticket prices (the London production's premium pricing keeps going up). And as much as I know people want to see this show, anyone willing to pay $200/per performance for a balcony seat deserves to pay that amount. Producers charge that much because people clearly will pay it, even if doing so grudgingly. 

As for the return policy, that's the same policy they have in London. They know they will be able to re-sell the tickets at face value (or higher), so there is no reason not to accept returns.

Nycat63
#869HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 3:13pm

mlledir said: "I am cracking up at your message because I AM a psychiatrist...and Im doing the same thing :)"

There has to be a name for this in the DSM (don't know what version we are in now), no?  I'm sure it's some mix of anxiety, OCD, hysteria...

Anyone willing to help me stop the insanity please PM me a code!  This is ridiculous.  I can't believe how invested I've become in this, it's almost embarrassing.

amysea
#870HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018

Nycat63 said: "I truly hope TM will be kind enough to tweet when they stop sending standby codes, if they haven't already. I'd like to just go back to my life at some point."

Ugh I hope so too...it's been almost an hour since they tweeted that standby codes were going out...I'm starting to lose hope...

swanjewel Profile Photo
swanjewel
#871HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018

I had a 12pm window and didn't find anything at my price range. What came up was tickets for $760 for 2 people. I really can't believe I didn't get anything. Tried every date and combo for the entire 2.5 hours and got nowhere. Disappointing. At this point, I might as well see it in London and get the British experience. 

Carly DiFrancisco
#872HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 3:14pm

gimlet2 said: "How are tickets showing up on StubHub already? Do they allow you to buy/sell "futures?" Upthread someone wrote that pickup requires purchasing CC, so how can any of these listings be valid?

Also, I vastly underestimated the difficulty of the process today, still waiting for the code fairy.
"

how on earth can people transfer tickets to each other when they are will call or mobile account only?  Am i missing something?

schubox
#873HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 3:17pm

I honestly thought it would be harder to get tickets to Angels in America than it would be for this. Boy was I totally wrong 

Nycat63
#874HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 3:17pm

Carly DiFrancisco said: "gimlet2 said: "How are tickets showing up on StubHub already? Do they allow you to buy/sell "futures?" Upthread someone wrote that pickup requires purchasing CC, so how can any of these listings be valid?

"

how on earth can people transfer tickets to each other when they are will call or mobile account only? Am i missing something?
"

Are they going to put tickets up on TM resale?  I wonder if that's why they won't allow transfers - they want you to have to resell any tickets you aren't using via their own resale site so they can make even more money on the fees.  Since they are giving people the opportunity for refunds, they probably figure why give them an option to transfer - TM gets nothing out of that transaction.  If they refund, they resell at face value and get fees again, or you put them on TM resale and they get even more.

Videos