pixeltracker

Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018- Page 35

Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#850Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/5/17 at 3:44pm

Kad, you forgot to say “accomplished actress and classically trained opera singer.” But, like, who cares?

nealb1 Profile Photo
nealb1
#851Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/5/17 at 3:45pm

Norbert will be BRILLIANT!!!

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#852Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/5/17 at 3:47pm

I think casting a relative unknown (in the states, I guess) qualifies as an "interesting choice."

And casting Ambrose over a squeaky clean musical theatre girl also qualifies as an "interesting choice."

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."
Updated On: 10/5/17 at 03:47 PM

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#853Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/5/17 at 3:47pm

This is going to FANTASTIC! 

NYadgal Profile Photo
NYadgal
#854Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/5/17 at 3:48pm

Cannot WAIT!! 

"Two drifters off to see the world. There's such a lot of world to see. . ."

kade.ivy Profile Photo
kade.ivy
#855Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/5/17 at 3:51pm

Add me to those who would still be interested if Sher had cast fresh college grads. 

Would someone be willing to summarize how LincTix has worked for musical onsales? I’m a member but haven’t purchased before. Will those probably be available 10/29, or is it usually later? 

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#856Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/5/17 at 3:52pm

I literally screamed.

SonofRobbieJ Profile Photo
SonofRobbieJ
#857Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/5/17 at 3:54pm

Kad said: "...if it was Betsy Wolfe, there'd be people on here losing their goddamn minds,

But no, it's only accomplished actress Lauren Ambrose and two-time Tony winner Norbert Leo Butz. le SIGH.
"

And we're getting Bertie from Downton Abbey as Higgins.  I LOVE Bertie from Downton Abbey (He was also wonderful in The Crown).  

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#858Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/5/17 at 3:56pm

I'm going to chalk people's  lack of enthusiasm up to PTSD caused by Betsy Wolfe leaving Carousel.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

JIMG3
#859Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/5/17 at 3:57pm

I am not happy...sorry. I’m thrilled about Diana Rigg, and I think Ambrose will surprise us. 

Updated On: 10/5/17 at 03:57 PM

Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
#860Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/5/17 at 3:57pm

GeorgeandDot said: "I'm sure the production will be great, but I'm certainly not "hyped" in the slightest, especially after the flashy casting of Rudin's Carousel."

I hate to sound like a broken record (again), but at least My Fair Lady has a more exciting director at the helm.

SomethingPeculiar Profile Photo
SomethingPeculiar
#861Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/5/17 at 4:02pm

I’m apprehensive but willing to give this team the benefit of the doubt. Will Butz win his 3rd Tony Award? Will Ambrose be a breakout musical theatre star now? Who KNOWS what this Harry Hadden-Paton will bring to Higgins? And Rigg is a legend. (Is this her first musical since Follies in London?)

At the very least the costumes will be stunning!! And Christopher Gattelli worked on the production with Julie Andrews in Australia, so I wonder if he’s doing his own stuff or the original choreography ala King and I?

AllThatJazz2
#862Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/5/17 at 4:04pm

I've intended from the beginning to see the show regardless of casting, but I do have to admit to the news being a bit underwhelming, especially when taking into account some of the names discussed here.

However, I am looking forward to the production, and especially to seeing Diana Rigg on the stage. 

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#863Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/5/17 at 4:05pm

This is him on Downton:

CorkySt.Clair Profile Photo
CorkySt.Clair
#864Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/5/17 at 4:08pm

(I honestly am not too familiar with most of the cast, but) this is gonna be loverly as heck! So excited for everyone involved!

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#865Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/5/17 at 4:12pm

Harry Hadden-Paton was fantastic on both Downton Abbey and The Crown. I expect he'll be a fantastic Higgins.

I'm glad I've had time to reconcile Lauren Ambrose. I'm sure she'll be wonderful. I trust Sher.

I still can't get over how excited I am to have Norbert in this.

Smaxie Profile Photo
Smaxie
#866Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/5/17 at 4:12pm

>I hate to sound like a broken record (again), but at least My Fair Ladyhas a more exciting director at the helm.<

Are you so in love with that opinion that you have to repeat it ad nauseum? 

Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop.

theater_tech
#867Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/5/17 at 4:15pm

Disappointed I won't see Danny Burstein as Mr. Doolittle. Casting slightly dampens my excitement for the show, but it's still one of the top of my list. 

McMullan's artwork is beautiful as always, but it evokes more of a The Light in the Piazza/Beauty and the Beast vibes.

Is this the first musical directed by Sher that doesn't include Kelli O'Hara/Danny Burstein?

#InSherWeTrust

Jeffrey Karasarides
#868Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/5/17 at 4:15pm

Smaxie said: "I hate to sound like a broken record (again), but at leastMy Fair Lady has a more exciting director at the helm.

Are you so in love with that opinion that you have to repeat it ad nauseum?
"

No, I'm just stating the truth. Jack O'Brien hasn't delivered a critical-darling since The Coast of Utopia 10 years ago. Which has me skeptical about him directing Carousel.

GeorgeandDot Profile Photo
GeorgeandDot
#869Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/5/17 at 4:17pm

Jerry Zaks hadn't had a big hit in years either before he did Dolly, which was lead by nearly the same team that will guide Carousel.

broadwayboy223
#870Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/5/17 at 4:17pm

My response to the cast announcement: LOL

Jeffrey Karasarides
#871Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/5/17 at 4:18pm

theater_tech said: "Is this the first musical directed by Sher that doesn't include Kelli O'Hara/Danny Burstein?"

Unless Danny ends up being announced for Colonel Pickering or some other role, then yes.

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#872Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/5/17 at 4:19pm

Sorry if this is my third post with the McMullan artwork, but this is the third iteration of it and I love it!

Itonlytakesajourney Profile Photo
Itonlytakesajourney
#873Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/5/17 at 4:19pm

This is SUCH good casting! I know Ambrose will knock the socks off of everyone here, she definitely has the looks and, judging by her past in music, a good voice. Henry looks great as well. I was really expecting and wanting Danny to be Alfred, but oh well. Nobert is definitely unexpected, but a great choice. I'm so excited to see this production, especially because we're seeing such different talent. Plus those costumes and sets WILL be beautiful!

QueenAlice Profile Photo
QueenAlice
#874Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/5/17 at 4:20pm

Good. This casting will allow THE SHOW to be the star, the occasion and the reason to buy tickets. As it should be.

“I knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then.”

Videos