pixeltracker

What shows have you walked out on?- Page 4

What shows have you walked out on?

Impossible2
#75What shows have you walked out on?
Posted: 5/24/18 at 8:31pm

bwayphreak234 said: "Most recently...

The Iceman Cometh - I was in the rear mezzanine and could not hear or understand about 80% of the dialogue.

The Price - SO. BORING.

Long Day's Journey Into Night - I had a GREAT seat house right, but due to the HORRIBLE direction, I was stuck looking at the back of Jessica Lange's head.

I loved all 3 of those...

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#76What shows have you walked out on?
Posted: 5/24/18 at 8:34pm

I left The Price too.

South Florida Profile Photo
South Florida
#77What shows have you walked out on?
Posted: 5/24/18 at 8:35pm

Some of these might be alcohol related.  In Fort Lauderdale, revivals of Les Mis, Spamalot, and what was the name of that malignancy?  Rock of Ages.

Stephanatic

colorsblend Profile Photo
colorsblend
#78What shows have you walked out on?
Posted: 5/24/18 at 8:40pm

Never walked out on a show, but I did nod off during The Addams Family serval times. ugh.

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#79What shows have you walked out on?
Posted: 5/24/18 at 8:50pm

South Florida said: "Some of these might be alcohol related. In Fort Lauderdale, revivals of Les Mis, Spamalot, and what was the name of that malignancy? Rock of Ages.

"

Both were horrendous tragedies.

Sauja Profile Photo
Sauja
#80What shows have you walked out on?
Posted: 5/24/18 at 8:50pm

I’m someone who will absolutely leave a show at intermission if I’m hating it. And my tolerance level definitely decreases if I have bad allergies or a cold. I left a production of King Lear at BAM once mostly due to how miserable I felt physically. It certainly wasn’t a statement on the play. But things I’ve had to leave because I just couldn’t bear to watch another moment? Sylvia. Motown (ugh, that book). Ivo van Hove’s Angels in America (I adore his work and that play but haaaaaated them together!). Allegiance. Chaplin (McClure was allllllmost enough to make me stay, but I despised the piece). I’ve only ever left during a show once as I think it’s incredibly rude, but I was in the second row for Brooklyn the Musical and came down with a terrible case of the church giggles at the most inopportune moment (the father remembering the war) and RAN up the aisle after making a snap judgment that looking like an emergency had arisen would be less horrible than continuing to fail to hold back laughter at a very serious scene. Oh, and I left Great Comet at Ars Nova at intermission. I was getting over the flu and was just hating it. I went back when it came to Broadway in the hopes I’d adore it. Turns out it still wasn’t for me, but definitely was t worthy of the deep loathing I felt the first time!

South Florida Profile Photo
South Florida
#81What shows have you walked out on?
Posted: 5/24/18 at 8:55pm

South Florida said: "Some of these might be alcohol related. In Fort Lauderdale, revivals of Les Mis, Spamalot, and what was the name of that malignancy? Rock of Ages.

"

Both were horrendous tragedies.

Mrs. had to take a cab home on ROA.

Stephanatic

Alex Kulak2
#82What shows have you walked out on?
Posted: 5/24/18 at 9:11pm

I would have walked out of a production of Fat Pig, had it not been directed by a close friend of mine. I love her to death, but she fundamentally misunderstood how to present that show.

tomwsjr
#83What shows have you walked out on?
Posted: 5/24/18 at 9:13pm

Dance of Desth, Mr. Mckellen was such a ham and the play itself was a complete bore. Also walked out of Frankie and Johnnie, I didn’t by a thing they were saying.

veraclaythorne2 Profile Photo
veraclaythorne2
#84What shows have you walked out on?
Posted: 5/24/18 at 9:41pm

I have generally only left shows because I felt ill, but did walk out of the most recent production of THE JUDAS KISS at BAM at intermission. I can find good in most things I see, but that was just tedious. It didn't help that I had seen the special benefit performance of GROSS INDECENCY not too long before, which I found riveting.

I wish I could have walked out of THE PARISIAN WOMAN...and CATS...and STARLIGHT EXPRESS.

VernonGersch Profile Photo
VernonGersch
#85What shows have you walked out on?
Posted: 5/24/18 at 10:47pm

I love theater, i love theater so much that i will travel for theater...however life is short, too short.  i have walked out of the following shows at intermission:

Matilda 

The Last Ship

Long Day's Journey Into Night -Jessica Lang

Significant Other - LA production.  That lead actor was awful

Sound Of Music - LA Tour

The Bodyguard - LA Tour (it was a fun first act but I got the point)

atuomala Profile Photo
atuomala
#86What shows have you walked out on?
Posted: 5/24/18 at 11:03pm

I’ve never walked out of a show because I disliked it. For me, seeing a Broadway show is a privilege and I owe it to myself to see it through to the end. I did walk out of Spider-Man at intermission the first time I saw it because I was battling the stomach flu that afternoon. But, I wanted to walk out of Cats (2017) —just wasn’t a fan—The Winslow Boy (2013) and Orphans (2013), the latter of which I saw right after they announced their closing and Alec Baldwin’s frustration with the news was obvious throughout the performance. 

"Mostly, I loved the size of these people's emotions. Nobody has emotions this size anymore. Outsized emotions. Operatic emotions. Kushemski and Vanda are like Tristan and Isolde, they're Paolo and Francesca. Nobody's in total thrall like this anymore. Nobody's overcome by passion like this, or goes through this kind of rage." Thomas, Venus in Fur

robskynyc
#87What shows have you walked out on?
Posted: 5/24/18 at 11:42pm

South Florida said: "Hey OP, go find another board. Hate is one of the best posters and you've been here a month."

i dont give a sh!t if haterobics is carol channing hiding behind a keyboard. they have a tendency to come off like an a*hole in multiple threads. so hasa diga.

robskynyc
#88What shows have you walked out on?
Posted: 5/24/18 at 11:44pm

Bwayfan292 said: "To the OP. I havent been on these boards for a while, but ive been on here long enough to know that hate is a well respected board member. If you dont agree with what people have to say regarding your view on shows or etc. dont post new threads, and dont call memvers trolls when they disgaree with you."

i can just as easily say if you dont agree with a new thread dont click on it and dont comment. your comment makes you a hypocrite. my problem with haterobics is that they come off like an a*hole. like i said earlier i dont agree with PLENTY of people and opinions here, but i just keep scrolling. and you dont have to be a genius to look at some of haters posts/replies to see that they like to instigate. or maybe your head is so far up their as$ you cant see straight?

Updated On: 5/24/18 at 11:44 PM

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#89What shows have you walked out on?
Posted: 5/25/18 at 12:43am

robskynyc said: "i dont give a sh!t if haterobics is carol channing hiding behind a keyboard."

Well, now you've just flat out shown you're not a fan of theater... who wouldn't want to know they were chatting with Carol Channing?

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#90What shows have you walked out on?
Posted: 5/25/18 at 1:03am

Okay...well, back on topic...I have never walked out of a Broadway, off-Broadway, regional or touring show. Mostly, this is because I do vet the shows I’m going to see and in regard to NYC shows, I don’t live there so even a less than riveting piece of NYC theater is still a relative treat. That’s not to say i haven’t been disappointed by shows.

I fell asleep during the first half (I think I just momentarily dozed off, but not sure) of Come From Away although that’s possibly due to the fact I was tired from cramming a lot into my five day trip (and maybe had one too many pre-show drinks). I had also seen The Band’s Visit that afternoon and thought it was vastly superior to CFA. But I still stayed and was glad I did. I even stayed for a Q&A with the cast afterwards.

I also suffered through the touring productions of The Producers, Cats, and Phantom of the Opera. Cats was by far the worst of the three. This was before I did research before I saw a show and had bought tickets for my parents and me because my mom had wanted to see it because she loves cats (lol). It remains to this day my least favorite musical experience. But I’m glad we went. My parents said they both enjoyed the show. My mom has dementia (and my dad is deceased) now so even though she doesn’t remember any of the shows we attended, I’m glad I have those memories.

My friends and I did walk out of a Steve Miller Band concert in Tulsa. We had really only gone because Pat Benatar was the opening act and one friend was a super fan (and I am a fan). We intended to stay for SMB, but every song felt like it was 10 to 15 minutes long and we weren’t well acquainted with his catalogue. I’m soooo glad we left. It was torture. Lol

Sho-Tunes-R-Us Profile Photo
Sho-Tunes-R-Us
#91What shows have you walked out on?
Posted: 5/25/18 at 1:35am

Since resuming my annual NYC theatre trips in 2014 I've walked out on GENTLEMAN'S GUIDE  and PARAMORE, but wish I'd also departed WAR PAINT and M. BUTTERFLY at intermission.  Felt that the latter three were gawdawful, but GENTLEMAN'S GUIDE has a bit of a story behind it.  Was my fourth of five days of shows, I was tired, the seat was tiny AND I had just attended a matinee of Ms. Audra McDonald in LADY DAY.  Was on such a high from that show/performance (seated a few feet away from the pianist) that GENT just seemed too damned precious.  So sue me.

Bwayfan292 Profile Photo
Bwayfan292
#92What shows have you walked out on?
Posted: 5/25/18 at 1:39am

robskynyc said: "Bwayfan292 said: "To the OP. I havent been on these boards for a while, but ive been on here long enough to know that hate is a well respected board member. If you dont agree with what people have to say regarding your view on shows or etc. dont post new threads, and dont call memvers trolls when they disgaree with you."

i can just as easily say if you dont agree with a new thread dont click on it and dont comment. your comment makes you a hypocrite. my problem with haterobics is that they come off like an a*hole. like i said earlier i dont agree with PLENTY of people and opinions here, but i just keep scrolling. and you dont have to be a genius to look at some of haters posts/replies to see that they like to instigate. or maybe your head is so far up theiras$ you cant see straight?
"

Excuse me? Your being the hypocrite right now, your being nothing but an  as$hole on this thread. All I was saying was when you make a new thread expect people to disagree with you? I wasnt attacking you, take a breath man.

"Why was my post about my post being deleted, deleted, causing my account to be banned from posting" - The Lion Roars 2k18
Updated On: 5/25/18 at 01:39 AM

Sho-Tunes-R-Us Profile Photo
Sho-Tunes-R-Us
#93What shows have you walked out on?
Posted: 5/25/18 at 2:03am

Bwayfan292 said: "robskynyc said: "Bwayfan292 said: "To the OP. I havent been on these boards for a while, but ive been on here long enough to know that hate is a well respected board member. If you dont agree with what people have to say regarding your view on shows or etc. dont post new threads, and dont call memvers trolls when they disgaree with you."

i can just as easily say if you dont agree with a new thread dont click on it and dont comment. your comment makes you a hypocrite. my problem with haterobics is that they come off like an a*hole. like i said earlier i dont agree with PLENTY of people and opinions here, but i just keep scrolling. and you dont have to be a genius to look at some of haters posts/replies to see that they like to instigate. or maybe your head is so far up theiras$ you cant see straight?
"

Excuse me? Your being the hypocrite right now, your being nothing but an as$hole on this thread. All I was sayingwas when you make a new thread expect people to disagree with you? I wasnt attacking you, take a breath man.
"

Boys and girls, can we please stay on topic.  All of this personal sniping is just plain tiring.

FrontRowCenter2 Profile Photo
FrontRowCenter2
#94What shows have you walked out on?
Posted: 5/25/18 at 5:34am

Thou Shalt Not  - would have left before intermission if I hadn't been stuck in the center of the row!  Best overheard line from a lady also walking out at intermission:  "i guess even Stroman is allowed a bad day"

vampire musical
#95What shows have you walked out on?
Posted: 5/25/18 at 7:30am

The one and only Broadway show I ever walked out of was the Breakfast at Tiffany's production starring Emilia Clarke. Her accent was so distracting and she was so painfully miscast and the show had this horrible sense of doom for some unknown reason. Plus, at the time I hadn't yet watched Game of Thrones so I didn't care to sit through it just for the Mother of Dragons bath tub scene. Not to mention I found it creepy that people who hated the show stuck around for Act 2 just for that bath tub moment.

amaklo
#96What shows have you walked out on?
Posted: 5/25/18 at 7:40am

FrontRowCenter2 said: "Thou Shalt Not - would have left before intermission if I hadn't been stuck in the center of the row! Best overheard line from a lady also walking out at intermission: "i guess even Stroman is allowed a bad day""

Big Fish. Ugh, what a mess.  Stroman's had at least 2 bad days. Keeping to the topic of this thread, I didn't walk out but wished I did.  And I never walk out of shows.

Tom5
#97What shows have you walked out on?
Posted: 5/25/18 at 8:14am

Since the actors are not projections on a screen I have never walked out on a theatrical production. But once during an off-off-Broadway show where ejaculate was flying off the stage I did change seats.

Oak2
#98What shows have you walked out on?
Posted: 5/25/18 at 8:15am

Walked out of Chicago a few minutes in - right after Roxie said "Nobody walks out on me!" Well, no pansy fictional character is gonna tell ME what to do, so challenge accepted.

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#99What shows have you walked out on?
Posted: 5/25/18 at 8:20am

Never walked out of any shows (since the cost of the tickets and travel into the city is quite a total).

If I had to have walked out:
- BABY, IT’S YOU (boring, unengaging, and the songs were painfully screwed in)
- SCANDALOUS (What total crap! ‘Nuff said.)
- SUMMER: THE DONNA SUMMER MUSICAL (I was with a friend who wanted to see it, and though the musical performances were magnificent, the book did such a Wikipedia hack job on her life that I audibly groaned multiple times)

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

Videos