pixeltracker

TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season- Page 6

TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season

Dirty Rotten Scoundrel
#125TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 6/17/24 at 9:17am

smidge said: "Jordan Catalano said: "If he wasn’t doing “Macbeth”, I’d say this would be a great musical vehicle for Jake Gyllenhaal."

He’s not doing Macbeth.
"

Assuming they meant Othello.

Regardless, I am curious what the producers will do next. There aren't many actors at Rannells' "price range" who would be as good as or better than him. There are some celebs, like others here have mentioned, who could do the part, but that means gambling on splashing around much more cash than they seem willing to part with. 

OhHiii
#126TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 6/17/24 at 9:48am

Dan6 said: "BOM said: "Hewas the only reason I wanted go. Glad I didn’t buy tickets yet."

He was above the title, right? I assume Broadway Direct will have to refund any presales on request.
"

No he wasn’t above title. And that may well be a sticking point for him given he just came off a show where he was. But if he was honest with himself, we all know that his name means little to nothing by way of ticket sales. Gutenberg was sold on the duo, not him alone. Very VERY few people outside of theater know who Andrew is. Sometimes actors get a bit too big for their britches and swiftly get humbled when the work stops coming due to their demands. Maybe he’ll find that out himself. 

OhHiii
#127TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 6/17/24 at 9:52am

Dirty Rotten Scoundrel said: "but that means gambling on splashing around much more cash than they seem willing to part with."

The nuance you’re missing is that this was the amount of cash they were willing to splash around with Andrew in the role. And he likely had first refusal in his contract, so he had to be offered first. If there was someone with a bigger name in the mix, I am sure the purse strings would loosen.

also, as others have mentioned, given he participated in all of the announcement press (which is ALWAYS approved and negotiated by his manager and agent), all signs point to him demanding more than he’s worth after the fact. You don’t get to do that and then try to run with the narrative that the producers did something wrong here. It’s clear there was a handshake agreement in place with a basic understanding of a deal and it’s a bit tacky how he’s now going this route of crying foul when the evidence is public. 

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#128TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 6/17/24 at 9:53am

smidge said: "Jordan Catalano said: "If he wasn’t doing “Macbeth”, I’d say this would be a great musical vehicle for Jake Gyllenhaal."

He’s not doing Macbeth.
"

I meant “Othello”.

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#129TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 6/17/24 at 11:22am

Money can always be found if a star who actually means something is interested in doing a show.

But I doubt many, if any, legitimately big name actors want to play second fiddle in this show, in a giant theatre, where everyone would know they weren't actually the top choice. (Not that Andrew is a big big name, but he's not nothing)

We'll see how much draw Elton John still has but the Palace is an awfully big house to fill.

KitKatBoy24 Profile Photo
KitKatBoy24
#130TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 6/17/24 at 11:56am

I could see this going to Gavin Creel, Andy Karl, Christian Borle, maybe Corey Cott. Creel seems like the most logical and best fit. 

"In here, life is beautiful"

OhHiii
#131TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 6/17/24 at 12:06pm

KitKatBoy24 said: "I could see this going to Gavin Creel, Andy Karl, Christian Borle, maybe Corey Cott. Creel seems like the most logical and best fit."

I’d bet money Corey Cott in particular would not be interested in playing Jim Bakker in a show where Jim Bakker doesn’t come out looking great…

Updated On: 6/17/24 at 12:06 PM

Broadway Flash Profile Photo
Broadway Flash
#132TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 6/17/24 at 12:45pm

There’s also Aaron tveit who would definitely sell tickets but I think Gavin Creel would be perfect in the role. His voice is so smooth and slightly soft spoken it’s perfect for a shady closeted conman. 

Menken Fan Profile Photo
Menken Fan
#133TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 6/17/24 at 2:56pm

Broadway Flash said: "There’s also Aaron tveit who would definitely sell ticketsbut I think Gavin Creel would be perfect in the role. His voice is so smooth and slightly soft spoken it’s perfect for a shady closeted conman."

Jumped in here to say the same thing. Gavin would be absolutely perfect. Should we start a petition? 😄

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#134TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 6/17/24 at 3:21pm

I’m curious if Katie hasn’t signed yet and now she’s using this as leverage to get more money? Seems fairly unprofessional of whoever decided to announce the stars without having the contracts signed.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

ErmengardeStopSniveling
#135TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 6/17/24 at 3:28pm

Call_me_jorge said: "I’m curious if Katie hasn’t signed yet and now she’s using this as leverage to get more money? Seems fairly unprofessional of whoever decided to announce the stars without having the contracts signed."

A lot of things get announced before proper contracts are signed. Deal terms will be agreed upon by both parties, but it takes time to iron out all the little details and put together a long form agreement, and usually the producer and the agent are operating in good faith with the goal of closing a deal. 

Sometimes even directors and authors go into rehearsal without a proper contract signed.

My assumption is terms were agreed upon by both parties, they announced, and then Andrew's team came back with new demands (more money, or length of run, or an "out" for a more lucrative gig) ---- likely because Andrew either had another opportunity arise (film/TV) or had second thoughts about returning to Broadway so soon after his 5 months in Gutenberg.

KevinKlawitter
#136TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 6/17/24 at 3:30pm

OhHiii said: "Dirty Rotten Scoundrel said: "but that means gambling on splashing around much more cash than they seem willing to part with."

The nuance you’re missing is that this was the amount of cash they were willing to splash around with Andrew in the role. And he likely had first refusal in his contract, so he had to be offered first. If there was someone with a bigger name in the mix, I am sure the purse strings would loosen.

Another part of the equation (I think it's been mentioned elsewhere in this thread) was that Tammy Faye was Andrew'Andrew's first stage gig in a while; the last one being The Boys in the Band ​​​​where he had a supporting role. Beyond that he mostly did voice work or supporting parts in movies or TV - there might have been a sense he wasn't necessarily a draw as a co-lead (especially since, as has been mentioned, Tammy is the more substantive part) and his pay was calculated based on that. But the success of Gutenberg would have changed everything, proving,  in New York at least, that he was a genuine draw. It sounds as if maybe the producers might have been trying to keep him at pre-Gutenberg rates and he didn't like that.

Broadway Flash
#137TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 6/17/24 at 3:30pm

There’s also Neil Patrick Harris who could do it.  He’d sell tickets 

DramaTeach Profile Photo
DramaTeach
#138TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 6/17/24 at 3:48pm

Broadway Flash said: "There’s also Neil Patrick Harris who could do it. He’d sell tickets"

He actually seems like the best choice. Gavin would be good too, but NPH feels more like the role to me.

schubox
#139TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 6/17/24 at 3:52pm

I guess people can say Rannells doesn't move tickets, but I had 0 interest in seeing this but was going just because of him. Was very happy to cross it off the list when he dropped out

Broadway Flash
#140TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 6/17/24 at 4:19pm

I think Jim Parsons would also be wonderful in it too, but if the role is second fiddle, no big actor would want to do it.  Unless they beef up the role.  I could see Norbert Leo Butz in it too

JSquared2
#141TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 6/17/24 at 4:24pm

Broadway Flash said: "There’s also Neil Patrick Harris who could do it. He’d sell tickets"

He's also WAY more expensive than Rannells.

ErmengardeStopSniveling
#142TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 6/17/24 at 4:40pm

What about Matt Morrison? He's not working much these days and this role probably isn't above him.

As for some of the other suggestions, Jim Parsons is doing OUR TOWN, and Neil Patrick Harris has had his pick of the litter the past decade (including "we'll produce what you'd like to do" offers). Manage your expectations. Especially because we can assume the producers want this individual in the show through next June at a minimum.

Broadway Flash
#143TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 6/17/24 at 4:58pm

Lol Matt Morrison starred in James Graham’s last Broadway musical, Finding Neverland.  Bryce Pinkham, Rob McClure, someone from SNL?  There’s so many men who could do it, and do it well, I’m assuming the producers felt like Rannels was not worth whatever he was asking for. 

SomeOtherMe Profile Photo
SomeOtherMe
#144TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 6/17/24 at 5:24pm

Not trying to hate on Neil, but something tells me he's highly unlikely to do a show where his character is not the main focus...

lilpunkin
#145TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 6/17/24 at 5:32pm

There’s absolutely zero chance they’d ask NPH.

Bill Snibson Profile Photo
Bill Snibson
#146TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 6/17/24 at 6:25pm

I could see Taran Killam doing well in this role

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#147TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 6/17/24 at 8:01pm

Bill Snibson said: "I could see Taran Killam doing well in this role"

He couldn't handle Co@k.

Shubert Alley Cat Profile Photo
Shubert Alley Cat
#148TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 6/17/24 at 8:05pm

CATSNYrevival said: "Bill Snibson said: "I could see Taran Killam doing well in this role"

He couldn't handle Co@k.
"

That was a different guy - Taron Egerton.

verywellthensigh
#149TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 6/17/24 at 9:30pm

I just want to know if they'll be selling Jim's buckets at concession.  Wow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOH37W0jPpA

Updated On: 6/17/24 at 09:30 PM

Videos