pixeltracker

CAROUSEL Broadway Revival Officially Set for Spring 2018- Page 7

CAROUSEL Broadway Revival Officially Set for Spring 2018

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#150CAROUSEL Broadway Revival Officially Set for Spring 2018
Posted: 8/29/17 at 10:03am

Anyway.... any ideas when will they announce rest of the cast? Curious to see who else they pick.

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

Jshan05 Profile Photo
Jshan05
#151CAROUSEL Broadway Revival Officially Set for Spring 2018
Posted: 8/29/17 at 10:13am

Me watching this thread...

CAROUSEL Broadway Revival Officially Set for Spring 2018

Updated On: 8/29/17 at 10:13 AM

SonofRobbieJ Profile Photo
SonofRobbieJ
#152CAROUSEL Broadway Revival Officially Set for Spring 2018
Posted: 8/29/17 at 10:33am

I feel like I'm living in a college sophomore's dissertation on gender norms in the musical theater.  

And yes...all white people living in America are racist in that they benefit from the racism inherent in the political and social structures of the United States.  Good on you for making that point that so many others have made over the course of the last several decades.  

The truly galling thing to be discussed about seahag's ridiculous statements is the insinuation that Jessie Mueller has a responsibility to turn down the role of Julie Jordan.  I...can't even begin to think how one's thought process leads to that.  I also think it is just a titch hilarious that seahag is accusing the community of not discussing these issues when every single revival (or mention of a revival) of CAROUSEL leads to these exact discussions.  'Tis a pity seahag thinks she is breaking new ground.  She should take Prior Walter's advice about what you learn after your first theme party: it's all been done before.  

broadwayboy223
#153CAROUSEL Broadway Revival Officially Set for Spring 2018
Posted: 8/29/17 at 11:12am

I kind of wish we could get Carmen Cusack as Julie. She has a great soprano and I think she would kill the acting 

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#154CAROUSEL Broadway Revival Officially Set for Spring 2018
Posted: 8/29/17 at 11:41am

broadwayboy223 said: "I kind of wish we could get Carmen Cusack as Julie. She has a great soprano and I think she would kill the acting 

"

Hopefully it's a long running hit or there's a tour out of this, because I'd be sooo down for Carmen. I'd be down with anything she's in.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#155CAROUSEL Broadway Revival Officially Set for Spring 2018
Posted: 8/29/17 at 11:43am

Carmen Cusack is in her upper forties. Wayyyyyyyy too old.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

ScottyDoesn'tKnow2
#156CAROUSEL Broadway Revival Officially Set for Spring 2018
Posted: 8/29/17 at 11:45am

I felt like I stepped into Tumblr for a second.

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#157CAROUSEL Broadway Revival Officially Set for Spring 2018
Posted: 8/29/17 at 11:48am

I'm especially eager to learn who'll be playing Carrie. Assuming you don't screw it up, that's pretty much a guaranteed Tony nomination.

And (unsurprisingly), I'd love to see Phillipa Soo in that role. 

LesWickedly Profile Photo
LesWickedly
#158CAROUSEL Broadway Revival Officially Set for Spring 2018
Posted: 8/29/17 at 1:22pm

From what I've heard, it sounds like it is going to the Imperial.

Emmaloucbway
#159CAROUSEL Broadway Revival Officially Set for Spring 2018
Posted: 8/29/17 at 1:27pm

LesWickedly said: "From what I've heard, it sounds like it is going to the Imperial.

"

I've heard the Imperial a few times as well. 

Jshan05 Profile Photo
Jshan05
#160CAROUSEL Broadway Revival Officially Set for Spring 2018
Posted: 8/29/17 at 1:30pm

Somebody earlier in this thread threw out Nikki Renee Daniels for Carrie and I am delighted with the thought of that! Her voice is breathtaking and I loved her in Porgy and Bess!

kade.ivy Profile Photo
kade.ivy
#161CAROUSEL Broadway Revival Officially Set for Spring 2018
Posted: 8/29/17 at 1:45pm

Emmaloucbway said: "LesWickedly said: "From what I've heard, it sounds like it is going to the Imperial.

"

I've heard the Imperial a few times as well. 

"

Makes the most sense given Rudin's frequent partnerships with the Shuberts. I hope we get a full cast and theatre and ticket information soon! 

Call_me_jorge
#162CAROUSEL Broadway Revival Officially Set for Spring 2018
Posted: 8/30/17 at 7:35pm

Betsy says she has another show in this livestream. Hoping it's this! https://www.pscp.tv/w/bHXtszM1MzQ5OTh8MU9kSnJvb0RqZ254WBScex7I7u2k0NxPfBuixmKc7hbDBhNjCTRria4c4RYf

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Itonlytakesajourney Profile Photo
Itonlytakesajourney
#163CAROUSEL Broadway Revival Officially Set for Spring 2018
Posted: 8/30/17 at 7:56pm

Call_me_jorge said: "Betsy says she has another show in this livestream. Hoping it's this!https://www.pscp.tv/w/bHXtszM1MzQ5OTh8MU9kSnJvb0RqZ254WBScex7I7u2k0NxPfBuixmKc7hbDBhNjCTRria4c4RYf"

Where in the stream did she say that? Sorry if this is obvious, but I didn't catch her saying anything about a new show.

Jarethan
#164CAROUSEL Broadway Revival Officially Set for Spring 2018
Posted: 8/30/17 at 7:56pm

Itonlytakesajourney said: "Seahag has managed to write some of the most ridiculous arguments I have seen in my time on these boards. So... let me get this straight. The people that happen to be white, and who are against prejudice and racism and sexism and the like, are still racist and sexist and prejudiced? Utterly baffling. And before they start ranting about how white I am and that I don't get it, I am a poc, and many of us are not feeling your sentiment here. They are acting like there is only one type of abuse. Not everyone is a Jenna. Many people are Julie's. Also, to answer one of your questions, why should this be left in the past? If anything, Carousel is not promoting abuse and is bringing awareness to it. The hypocrisy in your statements is laughable."

Totally agree.  Was trying to decide if Seahag is a second semester psych major (or maybe sociology), who is at the point where every new idea becomes emblazoned in his / her brain, and needs a target to use to illustrate what he / she has learned.  (I am guessing that Seahag is a woman, since the term 'hag' usually refers derogatorily to a woman, but I don't want to make that assumption, for fear of being labeled a misogynist).

What she and everyone who thinks R&H are trivializing important issues, remember when these things were written.  They were very advanced for the time in which they were produced.  How many other movies or shows can you think of from the forties that target racism and / or abuse as a major focus.  There weren't a lot, and most of them also stop far short of realism; but they were daring for their day.

PS -- Alternative theory -- I thought that Seahag might be a reincarnation of that annoying guy, Phillie can't remember his exact moniker, who made adamant statements all the time, most of which were ludicrous.  He disappeared a year or so from this board.

Call_me_jorge
#165CAROUSEL Broadway Revival Officially Set for Spring 2018
Posted: 8/30/17 at 8:00pm

Itonlytakesajourney said: "Call_me_jorge said: "Betsy says she has another show in this livestream. Hoping it's this!https://www.pscp.tv/w/bHXtszM1MzQ5OTh8MU9kSnJvb0RqZ254WBScex7I7u2k0NxPfBuixmKc7hbDBhNjCTRria4c4RYf"

Where in the stream did she say that? Sorry if this is obvious, but I didn't catch her sayinganything about a new show.
"

Can't figure out an exact time stamp, but around when they talk about the bars Betsy has.

Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#167CAROUSEL Broadway Revival Officially Set for Spring 2018
Posted: 8/30/17 at 10:35pm

Have they released a logo design or anything?

CindersGolightly Profile Photo
CindersGolightly
#168CAROUSEL Broadway Revival Officially Set for Spring 2018
Posted: 8/30/17 at 11:47pm

Hmmm.

They/them. "Get up the nerve to be all you deserve to be."

Call_me_jorge
#169CAROUSEL Broadway Revival Officially Set for Spring 2018
Posted: 8/30/17 at 11:48pm

CindersGolightly said: "Hmmm."

I KNOW

SomethingPeculiar Profile Photo
SomethingPeculiar
#170CAROUSEL Broadway Revival Officially Set for Spring 2018
Posted: 8/31/17 at 10:51am

Scott Rudin's last 2 big musicals (Shuffle Along and Dolly) announced their principal casting and went on sale in mid-September ahead of April openings. One could assume (hope) that the Carousel timeline will be similar, but Carousel also hasn't announced a theatre yet. 

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
JIMG3
#172CAROUSEL Broadway Revival Officially Set for Spring 2018
Posted: 9/1/17 at 9:20pm

It will be the Imperial, with previews starting in late February.    Rudin thinks he's going to get a leg up on My Fair Lady, opening ahead of LCT in March.....nice try but it won't help. He knows who he's up against ( Bart Sher and team ) and he's worried with good reason; especially with Jack 0'Brien directing. MFL will crush Carousel at the box office. 

Call_me_jorge
#173CAROUSEL Broadway Revival Officially Set for Spring 2018
Posted: 9/1/17 at 9:25pm

^do you know any casting?

Call_me_jorge
#174CAROUSEL Broadway Revival Officially Set for Spring 2018
Posted: 9/1/17 at 9:49pm

Thread master, you are killing it today 

Videos