pixeltracker

FROZEN to Arrive on Broadway in Spring 2018- Page 9

FROZEN to Arrive on Broadway in Spring 2018

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#200FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 4/20/16 at 11:05am

Also, let me take this time to voice my unequivocal endorsement of Wolfe as Elsa. She is unbelievable.

GreatBroadwayFan Profile Photo
GreatBroadwayFan
#201FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 4/20/16 at 11:05am

Now if we can just get Laura Osnes to play Anna... FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway 

GreasedLightning Profile Photo
GreasedLightning
#202FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 4/20/16 at 11:23am

This all makes good & fair sense. 

But here's my next question...

Why would the St. James be lining up potential open-ended runs like this? What if (and that's a strong "if"FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway Dolly ends up being a runaway revival hit? Or if Something Rotten continues to sustain their weekly nut and operating costs? Or stunt casts? Etc. etc. etc. 

Something just tells me it's strange for Jujamcyn to be lining up their tenants allowing only for limited runs until the Frozen-blizzard hits. 

Then again, this supports the idea that Dolly won't be taking the St. James after all. Curious as to where else it would go. 

10086sunset
#203FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 4/20/16 at 11:29am

I believe Dolly (without Midler) wasn't considered to be a full open ended run. 

With Midler, it can play the St. James before moving if a successful replacement can be found. 

Can't imagine her playing the role for more than 9 months. That time line allows for Frozen to come in and take over. 

AKarp2013 Profile Photo
AKarp2013
#204FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 4/20/16 at 11:32am

If FINDING NEVERLAND chooses to close up shop, DOLLY! could probably take the Lunt-Fontanne.

Maybe the Lyric if PARAMOUR doesn't do well?

Updated On: 4/20/16 at 11:32 AM

AnnieBlack
#205FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 4/20/16 at 11:34am

When I heard the story of Frozen at the St James, made me think that the rumor or Dolly going into the Shubert theatre may be correct.

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#206FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 4/20/16 at 11:35am

There was talk on the other board that Dolly is taking the Shubert.

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#207FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 4/20/16 at 11:38am

with MATILDA closing on Jan 1, 2017; HELLO, DOLLY taking the Shubert would make perfect sense. I still don't know why Disney would announce what theater FROZEN is taking two years in advance.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

neonlightsxo
#208FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 4/20/16 at 11:38am

GreatBroadwayFan said: "Now if we can just get Laura Osnes to play Anna... FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway "

Too old.

Cupid Boy2 Profile Photo
Cupid Boy2
#209FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 4/20/16 at 11:43am

neonlightsxo said: "GreatBroadwayFan said: "Now if we can just get Laura Osnes to play Anna... "

Too old.
"

Laura Osnes is three years younger than Betsy Wolfe, though.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#210FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 4/20/16 at 12:21pm

ACL2006 said: "with MATILDA closing on Jan 1, 2017; HELLO, DOLLY taking the Shubert would make perfect sense. I still don't know why Disney would announce what theater FROZEN is taking two years in advance."

I remember seeing a post saying the dodgers are closing Matilda so they can open a Bronx tale at the shubert. It seemed pretty legit.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

alliesinger Profile Photo
alliesinger
#211FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 4/20/16 at 12:46pm

Cupid Boy2 said: "neonlightsxo said: "GreatBroadwayFan said: "Now if we can just get Laura Osnes to play Anna... "

Too old.
"

Laura Osnes is three years younger than Betsy Wolfe, though.

"

Boom. You done got served, neonlightsxo.

Updated On: 4/20/16 at 12:46 PM

neonlightsxo
#212FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 4/20/16 at 1:32pm

I didn't get "served" but I'm sure they're looking for someone younger. But OK.

Elsa is supposed to be several years older than Anna, they're not supposed to look the same age. Updated On: 4/20/16 at 01:32 PM

QueenAlice Profile Photo
QueenAlice
#213FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 4/20/16 at 1:59pm

They don't look hugely different in age to me in the movie, but then again they are animated drawings.  Who cares?  The only thing that will matter to the little girls in the audience is that their 'hair' is 'right.'

“I knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then.”

CindersGolightly Profile Photo
CindersGolightly
#214FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 4/20/16 at 2:12pm

Did I call it with Wolfe, or what? Thrilled thrilled thrilled thrilled thrilled. Better start writing that Tony speech, Miss Wolfe!

They/them. "Get up the nerve to be all you deserve to be."

Owen22
#215FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 4/20/16 at 2:33pm

Isn't Betsy a soprano (wasn't she Rosa Bud?). And isn't Elsa an alto belt?

broadwayboy223
#216FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 4/20/16 at 2:36pm

LOLOL Betsy can belt her face off in addition to her glorious soprano head voice. The healthiest and best belters usually have strong head voices as well. Also just being picky but Alto isn't really a term you can use outside of choir. The more appropriate term would be Mezzo Soprano.

CindersGolightly
#217FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 4/20/16 at 3:26pm

Re: Anna's age, she's supposed to be three years younger than Elsa. 18 and 21. Osnes is three years younger. You really have no other argument other than just not liking her for Anna.

bwaydreamer
#218FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 4/20/16 at 4:33pm

neonlightsxo said: "I didn't get "served" but I'm sure they're looking for someone younger. But OK.

Elsa is supposed to be several years older than Anna, they're not supposed to look the same age. "

BOOM, you did get served!  Why is Elsa "supposed" to be several years older?  Because you said so?? Nope, not the facts.  Sorry.  Osnes would be perfect.  BYE FELICIA

Updated On: 4/20/16 at 04:33 PM

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#219FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 4/20/16 at 4:42pm

Are you even for real?

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
#220FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 4/20/16 at 4:46pm

Remember when saying Bye Felicia was cool 2 years ago. Good times 

mormonsandglindas
#221FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 4/25/16 at 9:38pm

I'm honestly a little disappointed Frozen is getting a Broadway musical before Tangled. Yes, I understand why because of how hugely successful it was but I feel like Tangled has more of a musical theater feel than Frozen. I feel like "I have a dream" has more of a Broadway show feel than "For the first time in forever"' Still I'm looking forward to a Frozen musical. I hope Hans finally get his own solo villain number!! 

ILOHTFAHA (Aida Man) Profile Photo
ILOHTFAHA (Aida Man)
#222FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 4/25/16 at 10:01pm

My revised casting

Anna - Laura Osnes

Elsa - Betsy Wolfe (CONFIRMED)

Olaf - Christopher Fitzgerald  (I know it sounds too obvious of a casting choice but hey)

Kristoff - John Arthur Greene 

Hans - Adam Kantor

Updated On: 4/26/16 at 10:01 PM

CindersGolightly
#223FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 4/25/16 at 10:20pm

Betsy is officially cast as Elsa. She's confirmed that it's true.

ILOHTFAHA (Aida Man) Profile Photo
ILOHTFAHA (Aida Man)
#224FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 4/25/16 at 10:34pm

Okay then I guess it's true. I'm sure she'll be fantastic!!!!heart

Videos