INTO THE WOODS Previews

Georgeanddot2 Profile Photo
Georgeanddot2
#200INTO THE WOODS Previews
Posted: 7/11/22 at 6:28pm

hearthemsing22 said: "Georgeanddot2 said: "If they move this to a different house, I can see this hanging out on Broadway for a while. I imagine the running costs are dirt cheap and there's the opportunity for star casting a lot of the roles in this."

I highly doubt it. I’ve read there are shows waiting in the wings to come into other Broadway houses. Why can’t we be happy a city center show even moved to Broadway and that it had a run? People do realize sometimes shows can just be a limited engagement; right?
"

Um I'm not the first person to mention a possible transfer, why are you jumping up my a$$???

We manifested a Broadway transfer and we can manifest an extension.

Updated On: 7/11/22 at 06:28 PM

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#201INTO THE WOODS Previews
Posted: 7/11/22 at 6:29pm

Anyone know if they would try and record the album and get it out as quickly as possible to help promote the final weeks or record after the show closes and take more time with it?

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#202INTO THE WOODS Previews
Posted: 7/11/22 at 6:31pm

I said this in the other thread I guess, but given that this is a Jujamcyn show there’s literally no other House for them to go into, with “Piano Lesson” already on sale and starting at a definite date. 

joshdog2014
#203INTO THE WOODS Previews
Posted: 7/11/22 at 7:01pm

In the beyond unlikely scenario that it’s able to extend but Patina Miller isn’t available, I just want to mention that at Broadwaycon this weekend when Hillary Clinton asked about what they each wanted to do LaChanze (maybe half jokingly) threw out a desire to play the Witch after talking about her endeavors as a producer. 

ren598
#204INTO THE WOODS Previews
Posted: 7/11/22 at 8:58pm

joshdog2014 said: "In the beyond unlikely scenario that it’s able to extend but Patina Miller isn’t available, I just want to mention that at Broadwaycon this weekend when Hillary Clinton asked about what they each wanted to do LaChanze (maybe half jokingly) threw out a desire to play the Witch after talking about her endeavors as a producer."

And LaChanze was in the audience for opening night.

MadsonMelo
#205INTO THE WOODS Previews
Posted: 7/11/22 at 11:43pm

At least we are gettin a cast recording for this! <33

sng
#206INTO THE WOODS Previews
Posted: 7/12/22 at 12:14am

this needs to be filmed for proshot release. Can Disney hop on board please

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#207INTO THE WOODS Previews
Posted: 7/12/22 at 12:20am

MadsonMelo said: "At least we are gettin a cast recording for this! <33"

Is this official?

Jordan Catalano
#208INTO THE WOODS Previews
Posted: 7/12/22 at 12:39am

^Its happening, yes. :)

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#209INTO THE WOODS Previews
Posted: 7/12/22 at 12:43pm

Jordan Catalano said: "^Its happening, yes. :)"

Dying to know how you know this, since you were saying it wasn’t happening about a week ago, if I recall correctly. (Not being sassy, just want to know what changed. I’m thrilled.)

alexidarling15
#210INTO THE WOODS Previews
Posted: 7/12/22 at 12:49pm

Jordan Catalano said: "^ Y’all are NOT gonna be mad about that replacement. I’m going at least twice. (I wish it was Jake but I can’t have everything lol)"

Such teasing! Well, fantasizing is fun — Santino Fontana? Jonathan Groff? Rory O’Malley… I’m assuming Christian Borle is off the table… Andy Call would be amazing in that role.

Jordan Catalano
#211INTO THE WOODS Previews
Posted: 7/12/22 at 1:12pm

alexidarling15 said: "Jordan Catalano said: "^ Y’all are NOT gonna be mad about that replacement. I’m going at least twice. (I wish it was Jake but I can’t have everything lol)"

Such teasing! Well, fantasizing is fun — Santino Fontana? Jonathan Groff? Rory O’Malley… I’m assuming Christian Borle is off the table… Andy Call would be amazing in that role.
"

None of them. Think taller..  INTO THE WOODS Previews

As for the cast recording, I’m assuming it all came together very fast but however it came about, I’m thrilled. 

Updated On: 7/12/22 at 01:12 PM

BCfitasafiddle
#212INTO THE WOODS Previews
Posted: 7/12/22 at 1:17pm

Zachary Levi? Andy Karl?

Jordan Catalano
#213INTO THE WOODS Previews
Posted: 7/12/22 at 1:17pm

I think an announcement is coming fairly soon. 

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#214INTO THE WOODS Previews
Posted: 7/12/22 at 1:40pm

Jordan Catalano said: "As for the cast recording, I’m assuming it all came together very fast but however it came about, I’m thrilled."

Makes sense. The production itself also came together very last minute, so the fact that the cast recording did as well tracks.

I’m aching for a full recording of the complete score with modern recording technology. The OBCR is obviously wonderful, but it often sounds a little muddy and some (thankfully) cut material is still lurking in a few of the songs. If we get a recording of the same quality as the Sunday revival, I can die a happy man.

alexidarling15
#215INTO THE WOODS Previews
Posted: 7/12/22 at 2:02pm

Oooh, crossing all limbs for Andy Karl. 

Square Peg2
#216INTO THE WOODS Previews
Posted: 7/12/22 at 2:11pm

Just saw a post on the shows Instagram that Cheyenne Jackson is covering for Gavin Creel in late July! After all the effort I went to avoid those dates, I now have to buy yet another ticket!!

MemorableUserName
#217INTO THE WOODS Previews
Posted: 7/12/22 at 2:17pm

Yep, the news is out. And as someone who was wondering if I should grab a ticket for that week to catch the special guest...nah, I'm good.

https://deadline.com/2022/07/cheyenne-jackson-broadway-into-the-woods-gavin-creel-1235062234/

shari evelyn
#218INTO THE WOODS Previews
Posted: 7/12/22 at 2:23pm

Great announcement! Does anyone know who the usual understudy for Gavin would be? Assuming that's who will play the role 8/3, 8/4 and 8/5.

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#219INTO THE WOODS Previews
Posted: 7/12/22 at 2:31pm

shari evelyn said: "Great announcement! Does anyone know who the usual understudy for Gavin would be? Assuming that's who will play the role 8/3, 8/4 and 8/5."

Jason Forbach, who will also cover as Rapunzel's Prince on 7/26.

Jordan Catalano
#220INTO THE WOODS Previews
Posted: 7/12/22 at 2:36pm

I think they were gonna announce yesterday but there was…other news. lol

UWS10023 Profile Photo
UWS10023
#221INTO THE WOODS Previews
Posted: 7/12/22 at 2:38pm

Square Peg2 said: "Just saw a post on the shows Instagram that Cheyenne Jackson is covering for Gavin Creel in late July! After all the effort I went to avoid those dates, I now have to buy yet another ticket!!"

An awesome choice. Does he still live in NYC?

CoffeeBreak Profile Photo
CoffeeBreak
#222INTO THE WOODS Previews
Posted: 7/12/22 at 2:45pm

Cheyenne Jackson...

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Cheyenne-Jackson-to-Temporarily-Replace-Gavin-Creel-in-INTO-THE-WOODS-20220712

Updated On: 7/12/22 at 02:45 PM

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#223INTO THE WOODS Previews
Posted: 7/12/22 at 2:50pm

CoffeeBreak said: "Cheyenne Jackson...

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Cheyenne-Jackson-to-Temporarily-Replace-Gavin-Creel-in-INTO-THE-WOODS-20220712
"

I think I will be making a return visit. :)

"I hope your Fanny is bigger than my Peter." Mary Martin to Ezio Pinza opening night of Fanny.

rememberedhills
#224INTO THE WOODS Previews
Posted: 7/12/22 at 3:58pm

another sloe eyed vamp said: "Jujamcyn just issued me a refund on my ticket for Tuesday, so I guess the 5 days is pretty definite."

I can't seem to PM you back, but thank you so much for the info INTO THE WOODS Previews

Videos