pixeltracker

Is Ben Platt Reopening The Palace theatre with a concert for his new Album?- Page 9

Is Ben Platt Reopening The Palace theatre with a concert for his new Album?

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#200YES! BEN PLATT IS REOPENING THE PALACE!!
Posted: 5/25/24 at 6:48pm

Luscious said: "FYI… First row seats (not originally on sale) are now on sale for the not exorbitant price of$88 plus online fee. Btw, this isn’t called “papering”. It’s called providing ticketsfor his most ardent fans at a very reasonable price. Something most people here are always squeaking about other shows and artists not doing. But I guess if you’re Ben Platt, you’re damned if you do and damned if you don’t."

Call it what you want but I was asked how many did I want and there is no charge. So I guess that's a reasonable price. Also if the new stage is anything like the old stage at the Palace front row folks will have a very sore neck. 

"I hope your Fanny is bigger than my Peter." Mary Martin to Ezio Pinza opening night of Fanny.

veronicamae Profile Photo
veronicamae
#201YES! BEN PLATT IS REOPENING THE PALACE!!
Posted: 5/25/24 at 6:57pm

All we need now is for someone to say "nanananabooboo" and we'll have fully devolved into a second-grade playground fight.

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#202YES! BEN PLATT IS REOPENING THE PALACE!!
Posted: 5/25/24 at 7:21pm

Huss417 said: "Luscious said: "FYI… First row seats (not originally on sale) are now on sale for the not exorbitant price of$88 plus online fee. Btw, this isn’t called “papering”. It’s called providing ticketsfor his most ardent fans at a very reasonable price. Something most people here are always squeaking about other shows and artists not doing. But I guess if you’re Ben Platt, you’re damned if you do and damned if you don’t."

Call it what you want but I was asked how many did I want and there is no charge. So I guess that's a reasonable price. Also if the new stage is anything like the old stage at the Palace front row folks will have a very sore neck.
"

This is what I was thinking from anecdotes from the past, but couldn't pull anything up to corroborate that and last time the Palace was occupied "ViewFromMySeat" was in it's infancy so there's not many pictures...

Like there's a reason the front row isn't the VIP seats and they're selling them cheaper than the very next row.

Updated On: 5/25/24 at 07:21 PM

Strange Lupone
#203YES! BEN PLATT IS REOPENING THE PALACE!!
Posted: 5/25/24 at 8:13pm

I gotta tell ya, there’s nothing that makes me laugh like looking at the available seats. Couldn’t happen to a nicer guy. 

Luscious Profile Photo
Luscious
#204YES! BEN PLATT IS REOPENING THE PALACE!!
Posted: 5/25/24 at 9:21pm

Huss417 said: "Call it what you want but I was asked how many did I want and there is no charge. So I guess that's a reasonable price. Also if the new stage is anything like the old stage at the Palace front row folks will have a very sore neck."

I really don’t think that anyone who wants to be close enough to sit in the first row will care if they have to crane their neck a bit. I sat in the first row for Liza’s at The Palace and it was thrilling. As far as them giving you as many free tickets as you want… I think you’re as full of sh!t as they come. 💩

Updated On: 5/25/24 at 09:21 PM

Strange Lupone
#205YES! BEN PLATT IS REOPENING THE PALACE!!
Posted: 5/25/24 at 9:33pm

Luscious said: "Huss417 said: "Call it what you want but I was asked how many did I want and there is no charge. So I guess that's a reasonable price. Also if the new stage is anything like the old stage at the Palace front row folks will have a very sore neck."

I really don’t think that anyone who wants to be close enough to sit in the first row will care if they have to crane their neck a bit. I sat in the first row for Liza’s at The Palace and it was thrilling. As far as them giving you as many free tickets as you want… I think you’re full of sh!t. 💩
"

Ben Platt is NO Liza Minnelli. He’s not even Lorna. He’s Joey.

Luscious Profile Photo
Luscious
#206YES! BEN PLATT IS REOPENING THE PALACE!!
Posted: 5/25/24 at 9:45pm

Strange Lupone said: "Ben Platt is NO Liza Minnelli. He’s not even Lorna. He’s Joey.

He’s more than you’ll ever be.

Updated On: 5/25/24 at 09:45 PM

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#207YES! BEN PLATT IS REOPENING THE PALACE!!
Posted: 5/25/24 at 10:15pm

Luscious said: "Strange Lupone said: "Ben Platt is NO Liza Minnelli. He’s not even Lorna. He’s Joey.

"

Enough Beanie, enough!

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#208YES! BEN PLATT IS REOPENING THE PALACE!!
Posted: 5/25/24 at 10:19pm

I don't think Ben, himself, would be as nasty as Luscious -- you know why?  He knows how piss poor his tour is selling. Whether it's justified or not, facts are facts.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Luscious Profile Photo
Luscious
#209YES! BEN PLATT IS REOPENING THE PALACE!!
Posted: 5/25/24 at 10:36pm

BEN PLATT REOPENS THE PALACE!

Updated On: 5/25/24 at 10:36 PM

Luscious Profile Photo
Luscious
#210YES! BEN PLATT IS REOPENING THE PALACE!!
Posted: 5/25/24 at 10:50pm

"Strange Lupone said: "Ben Platt is NO Liza Minnelli. He’s not even Lorna. He’s Joey.”

Lucious said: “He’s more than you’ll ever be.”

Robbie2 said: “Enough Beanie, enough!”

To quote dramamamma, “Whether it's justified or not, facts are facts.”

Updated On: 5/25/24 at 10:50 PM

Luscious Profile Photo
Luscious
#211YES! BEN PLATT IS REOPENING THE PALACE!!
Posted: 5/25/24 at 11:02pm

dramamama611 said: "I don't think Ben, himself, would be as nasty as Luscious -- you know why? He knows how piss poor his tour is selling. Whether it's justified or not, facts are facts."

I’m the nasty one? Lol! Self-awareness definitely isn’t your strong suit. But you’re in really good company on this board.

BoringBoredBoard40
#212YES! BEN PLATT IS REOPENING THE PALACE!!
Posted: 5/25/24 at 11:42pm

Luscious said: "Luscious said: "FYI… First row seats (not originally on sale) are now on sale for the not exorbitant price of$88 plus online fee. Btw, this isn’t called “papering”. It’s called providing ticketsfor his most ardent fans at a very reasonable price. Something most people here are always squeaking about other shows and artists not doing. But I guess if you’re Ben Platt, you’re damned if you do and damned if you don’t."

my god will you SHUT UP

rosscoe(au) Profile Photo
rosscoe(au)
#213YES! BEN PLATT IS REOPENING THE PALACE!!
Posted: 5/26/24 at 12:44am

One has to wonder if you’re on the pay list! 
Cause honestly how you keep trying to defend this self wank that he’s doing is beyond me. 
The truth is, it’s not selling, it’s being papered , it should have been two sold out shows in Boca Florida. 

Well I didn't want to get into it, but he's a Satanist. Every full moon he sacrifices 4 puppies to the Dark Lord and smears their blood on his paino. This should help you understand the score for Wicked a little bit more. Tazber's: Reply to Is Stephen Schwartz a Practicing Christian

dearalanaaaa Profile Photo
dearalanaaaa
#214YES! BEN PLATT IS REOPENING THE PALACE!!
Posted: 5/26/24 at 1:16am

This is going to sound bizarre but I got my album very early as in a week plus and this is definitely not his best work. I wish he staged Reverie in this theater, it would've been perfect. The first half of the album is solid but all the songs past the title track (honeymind, I think that's track 9), is quite a doozy and repetitive. I'm a massive fan of Platt- hell, I have VIP for this and have been following him for years but it becomes the same style of "oh, I'm in love and also he helps my mental health a lot" kinds of songs after that. I wouldn't buy a ticket if I wasn't a fan of his, because it's definitely my least favorite Ben Platt solo album. Also, if you have been keeping up with the press tour (I don't suggest doing this), his questions and answers are all 100% canned and reused across shows for this press tour. How he came up with the title (In a forest with Noah on some form of chocolate/shrooms/weed?), a question about the wedding, things about talking about his true self, etc, in general this should've been expected. But he did mention at a few shows he'd sing some Broadway classics or songs he likes, so hopefully the setlist isn't just this album in full + a broadway song + 3 older solo songs + grow as we grow, if so that's a disappointment. Just my thoughts

Strange Lupone
#215YES! BEN PLATT IS REOPENING THE PALACE!!
Posted: 5/26/24 at 1:28am

Luscious said: "Strange Lupone said: "Ben Platt is NO Liza Minnelli. He’s not even Lorna. He’s Joey.

"

Oh, how WILL I recover from such a witty and barbed retort?

binau Profile Photo
binau
#216YES! BEN PLATT IS REOPENING THE PALACE!!
Posted: 5/26/24 at 3:53am

Ben Platt has the most annoying fans AND haters lol. So weird. 

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

Mr. Wormwood Profile Photo
Mr. Wormwood
#217YES! BEN PLATT IS REOPENING THE PALACE!!
Posted: 5/26/24 at 11:25am

Honest Question, is there any stories of Ben Platt being a jerk? Like I get some thing he's a nepo baby or not that talented but I don't feel like I've ever heard stories of him being a jerk. It seems like people who work with him like him so I don't really understand all the glee at tearing him down.

DramaTeach Profile Photo
DramaTeach
#218YES! BEN PLATT IS REOPENING THE PALACE!!
Posted: 5/26/24 at 11:35am

People didn’t like his reaction when a reporter asked him about the nepo baby thing. His people shut it down clearly upset and so did he. Had he said, “I’m fortunate that I got my foot in the door, but now I’m working my behind off to make sure everyone knows I have actual talent to back it up” maybe people wouldn’t be so mad.

He’s also very vocal about his queerness and Judaism. While those aren’t necessarily seen as negatives to people in theater, the amount he discusses them, I think, has alienated some. I just don’t think people will admit it.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#219YES! BEN PLATT IS REOPENING THE PALACE!!
Posted: 5/26/24 at 11:48am

While I find his public persona to be forced and cringey (and I hope he fired his press people for how they handled that nepotism question- way to add fuel to that fire), I’ve never heard anything negative about him personally or professionally from those who know or have worked with him. 

There’s a sense that his celebrity is being manufactured and forced upon the public and that is something that a broad swath of his intended audience really does not like (even if it’s true of basically all celebrities, albeit less conspicuously). 

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."
Updated On: 5/26/24 at 11:48 AM

MysteriousLady
#220YES! BEN PLATT IS REOPENING THE PALACE!!
Posted: 5/26/24 at 3:18pm

Platt has obviously made errors building his career (such as his residency that isn't selling or the nepo baby interview) but his haters are far more obnoxious than he is. There's something so lame about the glee that some of y'all have about tearing this man down. 

BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
#221YES! BEN PLATT IS REOPENING THE PALACE!!
Posted: 5/27/24 at 12:42am

Frankly, I support this show just to piss off the BUT JUDY AND LIZA played here crowd. 

SisterGeorge
#222YES! BEN PLATT IS REOPENING THE PALACE!!
Posted: 5/27/24 at 12:47pm

BroadwayNYC2 said: "Frankly, I support this show just to piss off the BUT JUDY AND LIZA played here crowd."

Yes! That said, I wish BP and Aaron Tveit would switch venues. I can't get in to the Carlyle, where there are only two or three performances still available, but, weirdly enough, only for reservations for four people and not for just two. 

Sister George

slow_the_rain
#223YES! BEN PLATT IS REOPENING THE PALACE!!
Posted: 5/27/24 at 1:26pm

Mr. Wormwood said: "Honest Question, is there any stories of Ben Platt being a jerk? Like I get some thing he's a nepo baby or not that talented but I don't feel like I've ever heard stories of him being a jerk. It seems like people who work with him like him so I don't really understand all the glee at tearing him down."

I’ve never heard bad reports from anyone who has worked with him, but have heard several many unflattering stories from folks who dated him or otherwise crossed into his social orbit. The stories were always thematically linked by selfishness, immaturity, and a lack of humility.

Not my stories to tell, but I’ll never hesitate to give the pot a little stir!

Luscious Profile Photo
Luscious
#224YES! BEN PLATT IS REOPENING THE PALACE!!
Posted: 5/27/24 at 1:30pm

BoringBoredBoard40 said: “my god will you SHUT UP"

Nope. Not a chance. I enjoy pissing off the haters and keeping this thread on top. When the haters shut up, I will too. What kind of theatre fan roots for a show or performer to flop? Something or someone not being your cup of tea is one thing, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but the amount of vitriol on this board, especially toward this man, is sickening and borders on sociopathic.

Updated On: 5/27/24 at 01:30 PM

Latest Posts

Videos