pixeltracker

BEN PLATT: LIVE AT THE PALACE Thread - Page 9

BEN PLATT: LIVE AT THE PALACE Thread

bfreak
#200BEN PLATT: LIVE AT THE PALACE Thread
Posted: 6/6/24 at 9:41am

Does anyone who sat in the rear mezzanine or balcony know if they’ll potentially let you move up if closer seats aren’t taken? Thanks.

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#201BEN PLATT: LIVE AT THE PALACE Thread
Posted: 6/6/24 at 11:50am

OhHiii said: "MezzA101 said: "Ben Platt reveals his dream Broadway role

https://www.timeout.com/newyork/news/ben-platt-on-his-palace-theatre-residency-new-album-and-dream-broadway-role-060524
"

No.
"

To save anyone from having to read the full article.

"So far, adulthood has brought him closer and closer to the role of his dreams—Georges Seurat in the James Lapine and Stephen Sondheim musical Sunday in the Park with George."

"I hope your Fanny is bigger than my Peter." Mary Martin to Ezio Pinza opening night of Fanny.

CurtainsUpat8 Profile Photo
CurtainsUpat8
#202BEN PLATT: LIVE AT THE PALACE Thread
Posted: 6/6/24 at 1:22pm

Huss417 said: "OhHiii said: "MezzA101 said: "Ben Platt reveals his dream Broadway role

https://www.timeout.com/newyork/news/ben-platt-on-his-palace-theatre-residency-new-album-and-dream-broadway-role-060524
"

No.
"

"So far, adulthood has brought him closer and closer to the role of his dreams—Georges Seurat in the James Lapine and Stephen Sondheim musical Sunday in the Park with George."

And then Daddy Platt said "You shall play George Seurat on Broadway my son. And Noah shall be your Dot" 

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#203BEN PLATT: LIVE AT THE PALACE Thread
Posted: 6/6/24 at 1:51pm

Robbie2 said: "Azúcar! said: "Maybe he got that Netflix concert the same way Beanie got funny girl. 🤪"

LOL Beanie o yea whatever happened to her haven't heard anything about her since the Funny Girl fiasco. I bet she leaves the business b4 she hits 40!
"

She just had a movie come out this year, Drive-Away Dolls, directed by Ethan Coen. It wasn't a hit but it got decent reviews and had a stacked cast. Feldstein has had a pretty successful film career thus far, overall. She's not going anywhere.

Outside of the bizarro universe of this board, these kids are doing just fine for themselves.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."
Updated On: 6/6/24 at 01:51 PM

Hey, Zelda! Profile Photo
Hey, Zelda!
#204BEN PLATT: LIVE AT THE PALACE Thread
Posted: 6/6/24 at 2:22pm

Huss417 said: "OhHiii said: "MezzA101 said: "Ben Platt reveals his dream Broadway role

"

"So far, adulthood has brought him closer and closer to the role of his dreams—Georges Seurat in the James Lapine and Stephen Sondheim musicalSunday in the Park with George.
"

I mean, his claim to fame was playing a neurodivergent-coded character...

TheatreMonkey Profile Photo
TheatreMonkey
#205BEN PLATT: LIVE AT THE PALACE Thread
Posted: 6/6/24 at 2:32pm

"

No.
"

"So far, adulthood has brought him closer and closer to the role of his dreams—Georges Seurat in the James Lapine and Stephen Sondheim musicalSunday in the Park with George."

"

I'll add to that summary: after Platt critiques the current crush of recently opened shows, the writer concludes the piece with this gem,

"If there’s anyone we trust when it comes to Broadway predictions, it’s Platt."

Based on what?! If that's the writers final thought, it brings everything else written in the article into question. 

gibsons2
#206BEN PLATT: LIVE AT THE PALACE Thread
Posted: 6/6/24 at 3:49pm

TheatreMonkey said: "Huss417 said: "OhHiii said: "MezzA101 said: "Ben Platt reveals his dream Broadway role

"

No.
"

"So far, adulthood has brought him closer and closer to the role of his dreams—Georges Seurat in the James Lapine and Stephen Sondheim musicalSunday in the Park with George."

"

I'll add to that summary: after Platt critiques the current crush of recently opened shows, the writer concludes the piece with this gem,

Based on what?! If that's the writers final thought, it brings everything else written in the article into question.
"

Can't help but thinking that this extremely flattering towards Ben Platt article sounded like a very obvious puff piece, paid for by Platt the producer. 

TheatreMonkey
#207BEN PLATT: LIVE AT THE PALACE Thread
Posted: 6/6/24 at 4:37pm

gibsons2 said: "TheatreMonkey said: "Huss417 said: "OhHiii said: "MezzA101 said: "Ben Platt reveals his dream Broadway role

"

No.
"

"

"

Can't help but thinking that this extremely flattering towards Ben Platt article sounded like a very obvious puff piece, paid for by Platt the producer.
"

Absolutely, 100% -- I just thought they'd try a little harder to not make such utterly absurd statements that belie the true purpose of the piece. Had it just stuck with the interview pieces, and not veered into grand proclamations, it wouldn't have been so obvious. 

Updated On: 6/6/24 at 04:37 PM

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#208BEN PLATT: LIVE AT THE PALACE Thread
Posted: 6/6/24 at 4:54pm

Puff pieces like this are common for any high profile production. It’s part of marketing, it’s not Marc Platt paying for it. Jesus Christ, people, you really need to get a grip. 

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

TheatreMonkey
#209BEN PLATT: LIVE AT THE PALACE Thread
Posted: 6/6/24 at 5:11pm

Kad said: "Puff pieces like this are common for any high profile production. It’s part of marketing, it’snot Marc Platt paying for it. Jesus Christ, people, you really need to get a grip."

I don't think Marc Platt "paid" for it, or anything of the sort. And I agree with you completely about the role of puff-pieces in a marketing campaign, and certainly understand their place in the drumbeat of attention. But some articles are certainly better than others -- the only reason I was drawing attention to the last line in this one. My grip is firmly in place, as is my tongue in my cheek -- but we can still laugh at extreme cases of hyperbole! 

PipingHotPiccolo
#210BEN PLATT: LIVE AT THE PALACE Thread
Posted: 6/6/24 at 8:41pm

id give anything to enjoy Ben and Noah and Beanie and whoever else has been deemed unworthy, sitting in their fantastic apartments, surrounded by accolades on the wall, scripts/offers stacked halfway toward the ceiling for work that will keep them as busy as they want to be for quite some time, cackling at the sanitarium residents here. 

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#211BEN PLATT: LIVE AT THE PALACE Thread
Posted: 6/6/24 at 8:48pm

Kad said: "Robbie2 said: "Azúcar! said: "Maybe he got that Netflix concert the same way Beanie got funny girl. 🤪"

LOL Beanie o yea whatever happened to her haven't heard anything about her since the Funny Girl fiasco. I bet she leaves the business b4 she hits 40!
"

She just had a movie come out this year, Drive-Away Dolls, directed by Ethan Coen. It wasn't a hit but it got decent reviews and had a stacked cast. Feldstein has had a pretty successful film career thus far, overall. She's not going anywhere.

Outside of the bizarro universe of this board, these kids are doing just fine for themselves.
"

Not to mention she'll be filming Merrily over the next 15 years.

Azúcar!
#212BEN PLATT: LIVE AT THE PALACE Thread
Posted: 6/6/24 at 10:05pm

PipingHotPiccolo said: "id give anything to enjoy Ben and Noah and Beanie and whoever else has been deemed unworthy, sitting in their fantastic apartments, surrounded by accolades on the wall, scripts/offers stacked halfway toward the ceiling for work that will keep them as busy as they want to be for quite some time, cackling at the sanitarium residents here."

You must be high.

PipingHotPiccolo
#213BEN PLATT: LIVE AT THE PALACE Thread
Posted: 6/6/24 at 11:10pm

Azúcar! said: "PipingHotPiccolo said: "id give anything to enjoy Ben and Noah and Beanie and whoever else has been deemed unworthy, sitting in their fantastic apartments, surrounded by accolades on the wall, scripts/offers stacked halfway toward the ceiling for work that will keep them as busy as they want to be for quite some time, cackling at the sanitarium residents here."

You must be high.
"

Im good, but they might be, because they are laaaaaaughing. 

OhHiii
#214BEN PLATT: LIVE AT THE PALACE Thread
Posted: 6/7/24 at 6:00am

Kad said: "Puff pieces like this are common for any high profile production. It’s part of marketing, it’snot Marc Platt paying for it. Jesus Christ, people, you really need to get a grip."

Your need to admonish every single time a person comments something negative in this thread leads me to believe that you too need to get a grip. 

Updated On: 6/7/24 at 06:00 AM

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#215BEN PLATT: LIVE AT THE PALACE Thread
Posted: 6/7/24 at 9:29am

OhHiii said: "Kad said: "Puff pieces like this are common for any high profile production. It’s part of marketing, it’snot Marc Platt paying for it. Jesus Christ, people, you really need to get a grip."

Yourneed to admonish every single time a person comments something negative in this thread leads me to believe that you too need to get a grip.
"

There’s being negative, which is fine, and then there’s pushing of an entirely false narrative simply because a handful of people irrationally hate an actor and decide whatever he does is somehow indicative of how terrible he is, and that’s what I take issue with. So shove it. 

verywellthensigh
#216BEN PLATT: LIVE AT THE PALACE Thread
Posted: 6/7/24 at 9:38am

This thread is a trip.  Take it away, Natasha!

BEN PLATT: LIVE AT THE PALACE Thread

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#217BEN PLATT: LIVE AT THE PALACE Thread
Posted: 6/7/24 at 9:58am

PipingHotPiccolo said: "id give anything to enjoy Ben and Noah and Beanie and whoever else has been deemed unworthy, sitting in their fantastic apartments, surrounded by accolades on the wall, scripts/offers stacked halfway toward the ceiling for work that will keep them as busy as they want to be for quite some time, cackling at the sanitarium residents here."

Sweets, they OWN apartments, but they actually live in large houses. They live in opulent neighborhoods in the Los Angeles area. 

PipingHotPiccolo
#218BEN PLATT: LIVE AT THE PALACE Thread
Posted: 6/7/24 at 3:09pm

Aw, sweets, since Ben is doing a nightly show on 47/bway, I'm guessing he's staying in some apartment somewhere in town, and I just saw Beanie at dinner a few weeks ago in the West 80s, but yes, its true, they are so successful and unbothered by the loons on this board, that I agree they would be laughing at them from whichever well appointed residence they happen to be in at any given moment.

SmokeyLady Profile Photo
SmokeyLady
#219BEN PLATT: LIVE AT THE PALACE Thread
Posted: 6/7/24 at 3:38pm

PipingHotPiccolo said: "Aw, sweets, since Ben is doing a nightly show on 47/bway, I'm guessing he's staying in some apartment somewhere in town, and I just saw Beanie at dinner a few weeks ago in the West 80s, but yes, its true, they are so successful and unbothered by the loons on this board, that I agree they would be laughing at them from whichever well appointed residence they happen to be in at any given moment."

Oh darling . ..  not very healthy of you stalking these people.   Where they live is really non of your business.  

QueenTwinnied
#220BEN PLATT: LIVE AT THE PALACE Thread
Posted: 6/8/24 at 2:37am

PipingHotPiccolo said: "Aw, sweets, since Ben is doing a nightly show on 47/bway, I'm guessing he's staying in some apartment somewhere in town, and I just saw Beanie at dinner a few weeks ago in the West 80s, but yes, its true, they are so successful and unbothered by the loons on this board, that I agree they would be laughing at them from whichever well appointed residence they happen to be in at any given moment."

You really, really need to calm down and take a few deep breaths. 

Dancingthrulife2 Profile Photo
Dancingthrulife2
#221BEN PLATT: LIVE AT THE PALACE Threads
Posted: 6/8/24 at 5:01am

very chilly stalker vibe

QueenTwinnied
#222BEN PLATT: LIVE AT THE PALACE Threads
Posted: 6/8/24 at 5:57am

If you read through this thread Ben clearly has a couple stalkers. Restraining orders might be needed. 

binau Profile Photo
binau
#223BEN PLATT: LIVE AT THE PALACE Threads
Posted: 6/8/24 at 6:27am

If George really is Ben Platt’s dream role and Diamond already has some Sondheim pedigree being in HERE WE ARE. AND Michael Arden seems to enjoy working with Ben if he directed Parade and this concert - I don’t think it’s complete fantasy to think a Michael Arden directed Sunday with Diamond could appear in the next few years. The role seems perfect for Ben’s unusual voice and weird vibes (I don’t mean this as a backhanded compliment but clearly he has a particular thing going for him). 

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

Jcrispee2
#224BEN PLATT: LIVE AT THE PALACE Threads
Posted: 6/8/24 at 6:32am

Question: about how long is Ben’s concert at the Palace? I see he has a Saturday 5pm show and wondering if I attended that concert, if I could also make an 8pm curtain to another show that same night?

Latest Posts

Videos