pixeltracker

FUNNY GIRL on Broadway - Reviews & News Thread- Page 92

FUNNY GIRL on Broadway - Reviews & News Thread

PipingHotPiccolo
#2275FUNNY GIRL on Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 6/14/22 at 11:01am

joevitus said: "bk said: 

You joined today just to come here and make with these posts of yours?"

And yet the posts are accurate. Maybe they've been reading but hadn't joined. Having been here the entire time, the knives were indeed drawn from the start and continue to be.
"

Always interesting to see what people focus on: YOU JOINED TODAY, the online message board version of an ad hominem attack that has nothing to do with merits/substance. I think the implication here is that I'm a shill? (For what? FG, the mediocre show enjoying a mediocre but well selling revival? I should do better at my shilling.)

Ive been here longer than many of you, lurking, then posting for a while, then lurking again. Now im back, back again. 

Highland Guy Profile Photo
Highland Guy
#2276FUNNY GIRL on Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 6/14/22 at 11:12am

PipingHotPiccolo said: "Now im back, back again."

No one cares.  

Non sibi sed patriae

PipingHotPiccolo
#2277FUNNY GIRL on Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 6/14/22 at 11:23am

well, thats what I thought but then someone commented that I had only joined today, which I guess you agree is completely irrelevant, because who cares? 

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#2278FUNNY GIRL on Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 6/14/22 at 11:59am

PipingHotPiccolo said: "well, thats what I thought but then someone commented that I had only joined today, which I guess you agree is completely irrelevant, because who cares?"

FUNNY GIRL on Broadway - News & Discussion Thread

Laurapattifan Profile Photo
Laurapattifan
#2279FUNNY GIRL on Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 6/15/22 at 5:34pm

Beanie and Jane will be leaving September 25. 

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
EllieRose2 Profile Photo
EllieRose2
#2281FUNNY GIRL on Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 6/15/22 at 5:41pm

We all knew Jane was leaving (per her NYT article) but was not sure about Beanie. It's for the best and if they cast another name, I sure hope they can sing beautifully. If not, Julie's star turn has been thrilling to watch and it would be incredible if she took on the role full time. 

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#2282FUNNY GIRL on Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 6/15/22 at 5:41pm

Hm. Interesting. 

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#2283FUNNY GIRL on Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 6/15/22 at 5:42pm

Very happy Ramin is staying with this. Let’s get Fran Drescher in for a few months to replace Jane. 

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#2284FUNNY GIRL on Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 6/15/22 at 5:42pm

Woah. Would love to know if this was always the plan with Beanie, or if this is related to other things.

Very intrigued to see if they will upgrade the wonderful Julie Benko, or try to bring in someone else with slightly more name value.

ATerrifyingAndImposingFigure
#2285FUNNY GIRL on Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 6/15/22 at 5:45pm

I feel like they will give Benko the part full time, as they don’t really need a big name to fill seats

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#2286FUNNY GIRL on Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 6/15/22 at 5:49pm

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "Woah. Would love to know if this was always the plan with Beanie, or if this is related to other things.

It's related to other things. Her singing is other things. 

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

VotePeron Profile Photo
VotePeron
#2287FUNNY GIRL on Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 6/15/22 at 5:53pm

Will likely leak in the coming days, but all I can say for now is this was not her originally contracted end date. 

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#2288FUNNY GIRL on Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 6/15/22 at 5:54pm

Please promote Benko!!!

Oh look, a bibu!

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#2289FUNNY GIRL on Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 6/15/22 at 5:55pm

Yep, she was originally signed on for a full year. No surprise she's leaving early. Just give Julie the role full-time.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

ErmengardeStopSniveling
#2290FUNNY GIRL on Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 6/15/22 at 5:57pm

ATerrifyingAndImposingFigure said: "I feel like they will give Benko the part full time, as they don’t really need a big name to fill seats"

We really can't say if that's the case. It's too early in the run. A lot of revivals do well in their first 3-5 months and then sales soften. The producers might find themselves in a bind if the replacements are, for example, Julie Benko and Mary Testa –– two talented people with no name value to the general public.

blaxx said: "It's related to other things. Her singing is other things."

Well yes, I was trying to be diplomatic :) 

BCfitasafiddle
#2291FUNNY GIRL on Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 6/15/22 at 6:03pm

Not even gonna lie: I would buy a ticket to see Lea Michele take over. Probably won't happen. But, just saying.. if they're looking to make this an "event."

ErmengardeStopSniveling
#2292FUNNY GIRL on Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 6/15/22 at 6:04pm

miss him in a moment like this

FUNNY GIRL on Broadway - News & Discussion Thread

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#2293FUNNY GIRL on Broadway - News & Discussion Thread

BCfitasafiddle said: "Not even gonna lie: I would buy a ticket to see Lea Michele take over. Probably won't happen. But, just saying.. if they're looking to make this an "event.""

Throw in Idina as her mom while you’re at it lol

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#2294FUNNY GIRL on Broadway - News & Discussion Thread

Beanie should’ve done a comedic play for her big breakthrough show on Broadway. This was just not her role nor her time, I hope this doesn’t scare her away from the stage for long.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement
Updated On: 6/15/22 at 06:04 PM

Signorabacon
#2295FUNNY GIRL on Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 6/15/22 at 6:05pm

Is it crazy to hope that somehow Shoshana Bean can replace her?

ErmengardeStopSniveling
#2296FUNNY GIRL on Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 6/15/22 at 6:07pm

Signorabacon said: "Is it crazy to hope that somehow Shoshana Bean can replace her?"

Shoshana Bean would be a GREAT Mrs. Brice. And at age 45, would be totally age-appropriate.

Mr. Wormwood Profile Photo
Mr. Wormwood
#2297FUNNY GIRL on Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 6/15/22 at 6:07pm

Even if it's a quality upgrade, they are going to be in trouble with no big names. If they go with Benko (which I'm fully supportive of), then they need to try to get a big name to replace Lynch.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#2298FUNNY GIRL on Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 6/15/22 at 6:08pm

I would do whatever it took to see Bean in this. It won't happen, but she'd be phenomenal. And I don't think she's too old before anyone says anything. The role matures throughout the show. She'd be sensational. 

BCfitasafiddle
#2299FUNNY GIRL on Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 6/15/22 at 6:12pm

Off the Beanie topic, I will say it was such a joy seeing Jane Lynch in this when I saw it in previews. She was so JOYFUL and full of life. I've never seen someone just so excited to be part of the group. She was positively radiating during the curtain call. It was infectious! 

Videos