pixeltracker

Actors that deserved Tonys and weren't even nominated- Page 2

Actors that deserved Tonys and weren't even nominated

Ariella Profile Photo
Ariella
#25Actors that deserved Tonys and weren't even nominated
Posted: 6/15/10 at 7:58pm

Everyday Rapture, Robert Petkoff.

Maybe even Tony Vincent or Michael Esper, just saying.

J'aime GG Profile Photo
J'aime GG
#26Actors that deserved Tonys and weren't even nominated
Posted: 6/15/10 at 8:35pm

Kristin Scott Thomas- The Seagull

minicko88
#27Actors that deserved Tonys and weren't even nominated
Posted: 6/15/10 at 9:13pm

This year... Quentin Earl Darrington, Robert Petkoff, Stephanie Umoh, Tony Vincent, and Nathan Lane... These people were overlooked in my opinion!

The biggest snub for me though is James Barbour in a Tale of Two Cities... How could the tony committee give the nod to Constantine? Barbour deserved a nomination and the show deserved some recognition.

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#28Actors that deserved Tonys and weren't even nominated
Posted: 6/15/10 at 9:17pm

John McMartin in Follies

Wishing Only Wounds Profile Photo
Wishing Only Wounds
#29Actors that deserved Tonys and weren't even nominated
Posted: 6/15/10 at 9:18pm

I'm still shocked Aaron Tveit wasn't nominated last year.

Formerly: WishingOnlyWounds2 - Broadway Legend - Joined: 9/25/08

roseaddams Profile Photo
roseaddams
#30Actors that deserved Tonys and weren't even nominated
Posted: 6/15/10 at 9:48pm

I second Jeff McCarthy in Urinetown.

"You mean what was the best picture of the year or what did they pick as the best picture of the year?" - California Suite

aasjb4ever Profile Photo
aasjb4ever
#31Actors that deserved Tonys and weren't even nominated
Posted: 6/15/10 at 9:48pm

Quentin Earl Darrington, Robert Petkoff-Ragtime
Tony Vincent, Michael Esper, Stark Sands, Rebecca Naomi Jones-American Idiot

jsg03jd Profile Photo
jsg03jd
#32Actors that deserved Tonys and weren't even nominated
Posted: 6/15/10 at 10:20pm

Ashley Brown for MARY POPPINS. She deserved a Tony every bit as Laura Michelle Kelly did her Olivier Award.

I enjoyed Christine Ebersole in GREY GARDENS but the Fran Drescher shtick got on my nerves after a while. (Yes, yes, the real Little Edie was a hot mess, I know...)

perfectlymarvelous Profile Photo
perfectlymarvelous
#33Actors that deserved Tonys and weren't even nominated
Posted: 6/15/10 at 10:24pm

Quentin Earl Darrington should have been nominated for his work in Ragtime, and Alexander Hanson should have been nominated for A Little Night Music. I also think Leigh Ann Larkin deserved a nod for her work in Night Music.

And Everyday Rapture and Sondheim on Sondheim should have been nominated for best musical...and Everyday Rapture should have won.

jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
#34Actors that deserved Tonys and weren't even nominated
Posted: 6/15/10 at 10:32pm

Hunter Foster- Leading Actor-Urinetown
Mitchell Jarvis- Featured Actor- Rock of Ages
Anne Harada- Featured Actress- Avenue Q
Merwin Foard- Featured Actor- 1776 (Revival)

"Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel

silversurfer2
#35Actors that deserved Tonys and weren't even nominated
Posted: 6/16/10 at 8:17am

This Year: John Gallagher Jr., Tony Vincent, Nathan Lane
Past Years: I think Cheyenne Jackson deserved a Nom for XANADU. He is a talented performer who is overlooked too often. And the complete snub of AARON TVEIT for N2N, still in shock.

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#36Actors that deserved Tonys and weren't even nominated
Posted: 6/16/10 at 8:24am

Orfeh for Saturday Night Fever!

....but the world goes 'round

Marquise Profile Photo
Marquise
#37Actors that deserved Tonys and weren't even nominated
Posted: 6/16/10 at 8:25am

I have to say Karen Olivo deserved a nomination and the award for her turn in IN THE HEIGHTS more than she did for her performance in WEST SIDE STORY.

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#38Actors that deserved Tonys and weren't even nominated
Posted: 6/16/10 at 9:16am

I agree Marquise.

Ashley Brown for MARY POPPINS. She deserved a Tony every bit as Laura Michelle Kelly did her Olivier Award.

I enjoyed Christine Ebersole in GREY GARDENS but the Fran Drescher shtick got on my nerves after a while. (Yes, yes, the real Little Edie was a hot mess, I know...)

Oh wow... that's just... wow.

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#39Actors that deserved Tonys and weren't even nominated
Posted: 6/16/10 at 9:17am

Elizabeth Ashley in "Agnes of God"
Loretta Devine in "Dreamgirls"
Betty Buckley in "The Mystery of Edwin Drood"
John McMartin in "Grey Gardens"
Patty Duke in "The Miracle Worker"
Estelle Getty in "Torch Song Trilogy"

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#40Actors that deserved Tonys and weren't even nominated
Posted: 6/16/10 at 9:27am

Jason Danieley in "Curtains"

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#41Actors that deserved Tonys and weren't even nominated
Posted: 6/16/10 at 9:30am

^Agreed

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

Stage Door Sally Profile Photo
Stage Door Sally
#42Actors that deserved Tonys and weren't even nominated
Posted: 6/16/10 at 9:43am

Jeff McCarthy, Urinetown (And where is he these days anyway????)
Mitchell Jarvis, ROA

jon2
#43Actors that deserved Tonys and weren't even nominated
Posted: 6/16/10 at 1:49pm

Dustin Hoffman in Death of a Salesman! Another one who had the bad luck to give an unforgettable performance at a time when the Tonys went out of their way to shun "movie stars," instead of the other way around.

doodlenyc Profile Photo
doodlenyc
#44Actors that deserved Tonys and weren't even nominated
Posted: 6/16/10 at 2:01pm

Kerry Butler in Hairspray
Loretta Devine in Dreamgirls

Both were shoved aside to make room for the ladies of the original and revival of Nine.

"Carson has combined his passion for helping children with his love for one of Cincinnati's favorite past times - cornhole - to create a unique and exciting event perfect for a corporate outing, entertaining clients or family fun."

"In Oz, the verb is douchifizzation." PRS

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#45Actors that deserved Tonys and weren't even nominated
Posted: 6/16/10 at 2:02pm

I felt that James Monroe Iglehart deserved a nomination for Memphis.

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#46Actors that deserved Tonys and weren't even nominated
Posted: 6/16/10 at 2:03pm

Jeff McCarthy, Urinetown (And where is he these days anyway????)

He's about to play Sweeney Todd at Barrington Stage Company, opposite Harriet Harris.

Kerry Butler in Hairspray
Both were shoved aside to make room for the ladies of the original and revival of Nine.

I think it's generally agreed upon that Tammy Blanchard took Kerry Butler's spot.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

Christoph
#47Actors that deserved Tonys and weren't even nominated
Posted: 6/16/10 at 2:27pm

Completely agree about Nicole Kidman in The Blue Room. It was an outrage she received no nomination, especially seeing Zeta-Jones walk off with a Best Actress award this year for her nothing special work in A Little Night Music.

Aaron Tveit for Next to Normal is another one that should never have been overlooked. Especially looking at some of the competition in that category that year.

Also, I do not understand how either Mary Testa or Jackie Hoffman went unnominated for Xanadu. At least one of them should have been a serious contender. Also I will second the poster who thought Cheyenne Jackson should not have been overlooked for that one. I know he has his detractors, but his lunkish charm as the male lead was a big asset to that show and the fact that Stew snuck into slot and not him is disheartening.

Also, if memory serves, it was a bit of shock to most that Bernadette Peters went unnominated for Into the Woods.

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#48Actors that deserved Tonys and weren't even nominated
Posted: 6/16/10 at 2:29pm

Bernadette had already left INTO THE WOODS by the time nominations came out, IIRC, which probably didn't bode well in her favor.

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#49Actors that deserved Tonys and weren't even nominated
Posted: 6/16/10 at 2:38pm

If I remember correctly didn't Bernie opt out of consideration?