pixeltracker

Patti LuPone, Stephen Colbert, Anika Noni Rose & Martha Plimpton Join Neil Patrick Harris in COMPANY

Patti LuPone, Stephen Colbert, Anika Noni Rose & Martha Plimpton Join Neil Patrick Harris in COMPANY

theatreguy Profile Photo
theatreguy
#2Patti LuPone, Stephen Colbert, Anika Noni Rose & Martha Plimpton Join Neil Patrick Harris in COMPANY
Posted: 2/8/11 at 4:20pm

Anika Noni Rose singing Another Hundred People? I'm there.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#2Patti LuPone, Stephen Colbert, Anika Noni Rose & Martha Plimpton Join Neil Patrick Harris in COMPANY
Posted: 2/8/11 at 4:20pm

When this was originally announced, weren't there plans to record it and air it on tv? I haven't seen any mention of that in subsequent press releases, so I wonder if I imagined that.

That said, great cast.
Updated On: 2/8/11 at 04:20 PM

RyToast1
#3Patti LuPone, Stephen Colbert, Anika Noni Rose & Martha Plimpton Join Neil Patrick Harris in COMPANY
Posted: 2/8/11 at 4:22pm

Could there be any significance to Debra Messing being a tag in the Times article?

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/02/08/in-good-company-patti-lupone-and-stephen-colbert-join-philharmonic-production/

I know she has the new NBC pilot about a musical coming, but could she possibly be a part of this concert?

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#4Patti LuPone, Stephen Colbert, Anika Noni Rose & Martha Plimpton Join Neil Patrick Harris in COMPANY
Posted: 2/8/11 at 4:28pm

This cast is very exciting! Add Debra Messing and I may have a heart attack. I LOVE her. Can't wait to see this!

TulitaPepsi Profile Photo
TulitaPepsi
#5Patti LuPone, Stephen Colbert, Anika Noni Rose & Martha Plimpton Join Neil Patrick Harris in COMPANY
Posted: 2/8/11 at 4:29pm

Am I a bad person for being more excited by this than I am for FOLLIES?

Raul should have had this cast.

"Hurry up and get into your conga clothes - we've got to do something to save this show!"
Updated On: 2/8/11 at 04:29 PM

inlovewithjerryherman Profile Photo
inlovewithjerryherman
frogs_fan85 Profile Photo
frogs_fan85
WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#8Patti LuPone, Stephen Colbert, Anika Noni Rose & Martha Plimpton Join Neil Patrick Harris in COMPANY
Posted: 2/8/11 at 4:45pm

I think Messing could actually pull off a hilarious Amy.

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#9Patti LuPone, Stephen Colbert, Anika Noni Rose & Martha Plimpton Join Neil Patrick Harris in COMPANY
Posted: 2/8/11 at 4:47pm

Did Plimpton's sitcom get the ax?

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

roseaddams Profile Photo
roseaddams
#10Patti LuPone, Stephen Colbert, Anika Noni Rose & Martha Plimpton Join Neil Patrick Harris in COMPANY
Posted: 2/8/11 at 4:53pm

I doubt it. Most shows finish up work for the season between February and March.

"You mean what was the best picture of the year or what did they pick as the best picture of the year?" - California Suite

singtopher Profile Photo
singtopher
#11Patti LuPone, Stephen Colbert, Anika Noni Rose & Martha Plimpton Join Neil Patrick Harris in COMPANY
Posted: 2/8/11 at 4:53pm

I thought of Messing for Amy, too. But I think she'd be a great Amy as well.

"If this is going to be a Christian nation that doesn't help the poor, either we have to pretend that Jesus was just as selfish as we are, or we've got to acknowledge that He commanded us to love the poor and serve the needy without condition and then admit that we just don't want to do it." -Stephen Colbert

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#12Patti LuPone, Stephen Colbert, Anika Noni Rose & Martha Plimpton Join Neil Patrick Harris in COMPANY
Posted: 2/8/11 at 4:54pm

Nope, new episodes of RAISING HOPE start back up tonight!

Gothampc
#13Patti LuPone, Stephen Colbert, Anika Noni Rose & Martha Plimpton Join Neil Patrick Harris in COMPANY
Posted: 2/8/11 at 5:26pm

Oh goody. Just what we need. Another production of Company.

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

TalkinLoud Profile Photo
TalkinLoud
#14Patti LuPone, Stephen Colbert, Anika Noni Rose & Martha Plimpton Join Neil Patrick Harris in COMPANY
Posted: 2/8/11 at 5:27pm

Stephen Colbert? That's pretty inspired casting.

themysteriousgrowl Profile Photo
themysteriousgrowl
#15Patti LuPone, Stephen Colbert, Anika Noni Rose & Martha Plimpton Join Neil Patrick Harris in COMPANY
Posted: 2/8/11 at 5:36pm

ZOMG "Inspired" is certainly the word, all around. This is wonderful. I can't wait to see what else is in store.

CHURCH DOOR TOUCAN GAY MARKETING PUPPIES MUSICAL THEATER STAPLES PERIOD OIL BITCHY SNARK HOLES

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#16Patti LuPone, Stephen Colbert, Anika Noni Rose & Martha Plimpton Join Neil Patrick Harris in COMPANY
Posted: 2/8/11 at 5:45pm

Wow, "The Little Things You Do Together," with Colbert and Plimpton coming at each other in the crazy Karate scene while LuPone sings it?

And "Another Hundred People" belted to the rafters by Anika Noni Rose?

I'm there. And they had better record this for TV!

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#17Patti LuPone, Stephen Colbert, Anika Noni Rose & Martha Plimpton Join Neil Patrick Harris in COMPANY
Posted: 2/8/11 at 6:13pm

Couldn't agree more, Besty!
Wow, Anika Noni Rose as Martha sounds so insanely fantastic! I agree that Messing would make a pretty hilarious Amy, we'll see if she's involved at all.
I love this cast, how I wish I could see this.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

supportivemom Profile Photo
supportivemom
#18Patti LuPone, Stephen Colbert, Anika Noni Rose & Martha Plimpton Join Neil Patrick Harris in COMPANY
Posted: 2/8/11 at 6:15pm

I just saw Raul's version on netflix this past weekend. I love NPH and I do hope they film this for TV. I wonder who will play Amy as I'm Not Getting Married Today is an extremely difficult song to pull off. Still, a very interesting cast indeed!

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#19Patti LuPone, Stephen Colbert, Anika Noni Rose & Martha Plimpton Join Neil Patrick Harris in COMPANY
Posted: 2/8/11 at 6:19pm

"Did Plimpton's sitcom get the ax?"

No, Raising Hope has been renewed for a second season. Which, honestly, surprised me. I couldn't bear the show. I love her character on The Good Wife, though.

-Benjamin
--http://www.benjaminadgate.com/

xxdrewboy85xx Profile Photo
xxdrewboy85xx
#20Patti LuPone, Stephen Colbert, Anika Noni Rose & Martha Plimpton Join Neil Patrick Harris in COMPANY
Posted: 2/8/11 at 6:57pm

I'm really excited about this cast. Martha Plimpton has so many projects going on! Raising Hope, The Good Wife, How to make it in America, and now this. Good for her... Im definitely a fan.

dragonlp86 Profile Photo
dragonlp86
#21Patti LuPone, Stephen Colbert, Anika Noni Rose & Martha Plimpton Join Neil Patrick Harris in COMPANY
Posted: 2/8/11 at 7:39pm

I'm more excited for Colbert than anyone else in the cast. Won't even lie about that.

James2 Profile Photo
James2
#22Patti LuPone, Stephen Colbert, Anika Noni Rose & Martha Plimpton Join Neil Patrick Harris in COMPANY
Posted: 2/8/11 at 7:59pm

To anybody and everybody who has seen a show in this theatre, what are the second and third tier seats like (both regular and box)?

My avatar = A screencap from Avatar, arguably the greatest animated show of all

smartpenguin78 Profile Photo
smartpenguin78
#23Patti LuPone, Stephen Colbert, Anika Noni Rose & Martha Plimpton Join Neil Patrick Harris in COMPANY
Posted: 2/8/11 at 8:10pm

Great cast. I flipped when I saw the announcement today, I had no idea NPH was attached already. I seriously cannot wait to see this!

I bought my ticket for the thrid tier side near the middle. I figured it will be a bit partial but have better overall lines than other spots at the same price. (I hope.)

I stand corrected, you are as vapid as they say.

broadwaybabytn Profile Photo
broadwaybabytn
#24Patti LuPone, Stephen Colbert, Anika Noni Rose & Martha Plimpton Join Neil Patrick Harris in COMPANY
Posted: 2/8/11 at 8:16pm

colbert does a stunning send in the clowns.