pixeltracker

Into The Woods - TIX / LOTTO / LINE- Page 5

Into The Woods - TIX / LOTTO / LINE

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#100Into The Woods - TIX / LOTTO / LINE
Posted: 7/27/12 at 11:28am

Great. I was hoping 3:30-4am would be sufficient enough to get a ticket. Guess I was wrong.

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

nasty_khakis
#101Into The Woods - TIX / LOTTO / LINE
Posted: 7/27/12 at 11:37am

Sadly, other than getting the craigslist ads taken down (all throughout the day, every day) there isn't a lot the Public or line moniter can do. You have to see money exchange hands for the ticket and that's probably not happening in the line. It's virtually impossible to tell who's a scalper from just someone sitting in line, even if they DO talk to a shady man on a laptop, etc. Even if you remove the laptop man, he can always go sit on a bench 15 feet a way and still run the show. I wish there was more to be done, but tragically, there generally isn't.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#102Into The Woods - TIX / LOTTO / LINE
Posted: 7/27/12 at 11:41am

And, again, nothing they are doing is illegal.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

BWayFanatic Profile Photo
BWayFanatic
#103Into The Woods - TIX / LOTTO / LINE
Posted: 7/27/12 at 2:27pm

I highly recommend doing the 5 borough distribution...

I got to Jamaica today at 11AM, was about #60 in line and had my two vouchers by 1PM. I waited 2 hours, that's it!

By the time they started distribution there were about 275 people in line. It seemed as though they had about 250 vouchers.

If you're willing to spend an extra 30 minutes on the train, its absolutely worth it.

3 more borough distributions left:

Saturday, July 28 - Bronx
Lehman Stages at Lehman College
250 Bedford Park Boulevard West

Monday, July 30- Brooklyn
Mark Morris Dance Group in collaboration with 651 Arts Center
3 Lafayette Avenue

Tuesday, July 31 - Staten Island
Snug Harbor Cultural Center
1000 Richmond Terrace

Good luck all!

FANtomFollies Profile Photo
FANtomFollies
#104Into The Woods - TIX / LOTTO / LINE
Posted: 7/27/12 at 2:57pm

Bwayfanatic-that is excellent info! I'm planning on trying it!

JudasIscariot Profile Photo
JudasIscariot
#105Into The Woods - TIX / LOTTO / LINE
Posted: 7/27/12 at 3:26pm

I'm planning on getting there around 2 in the morning tonight. Do you think I'll be alright, or should I maybe I try to get there around 12?

Also, what has everyone been doing to pass the time?

nasty_khakis
#106Into The Woods - TIX / LOTTO / LINE
Posted: 7/27/12 at 3:36pm

I was planning on getting there around 5am tomorrow. Did anyone get there around that time today and where in line were you? I really don't want to have to camp out all night if I can avoid it.

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#107Into The Woods - TIX / LOTTO / LINE
Posted: 7/27/12 at 3:44pm

I got to the park this morning at 6 AM sharp the line on 81st street was about 180-200 people long. When we were let into the park, a few more people had joined the line. Once seated (I was just past the first group of benches), the line grew amazingly fast. Got my tickets no prob! Ha! Got the exact same two seats I got for HAIR!

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

ClydeBarrow Profile Photo
ClydeBarrow
#108Into The Woods - TIX / LOTTO / LINE
Posted: 7/27/12 at 3:52pm

I bet Staten Island would be a good place to go for the borough distribution. I guess they need to get people there somehow.

"Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it." -Talulah

tentillplaces
#109Into The Woods - TIX / LOTTO / LINE
Posted: 7/27/12 at 4:39pm

In regards to how many tickets are available for the lottery, this is a response I got from the email on the website. They got back to me very quickly!

Thanks for your inquiry. The number of tickets given out through the Virtual Lottery varies greatly based on availability for that day, so I can't give you an exact number, but they are not leftovers from the line. The box office gives out all the tickets available to the line at 1pm on the day of the performance and that night whatever tickets aren't claimed go to a stand-by line in the park. The capacity of the Delacorte Theater is 1,872.

frogs_fan85 Profile Photo
frogs_fan85
#110Into The Woods - TIX / LOTTO / LINE
Posted: 7/27/12 at 8:53pm

I decided on a whim after work to try the standby line tonight. I got there around 5:35 and missed getting a ticket by about 12 people. Another half hour earlier I probably would have gotten in.

muchadoabout_me2
#111Into The Woods - TIX / LOTTO / LINE
Posted: 7/28/12 at 6:48pm

Any updates on how today went? Planning on getting in line around 5 tomorrow morning, but I'm kind of nervous about the weather.

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#112Into The Woods - TIX / LOTTO / LINE
Posted: 7/28/12 at 6:52pm

I don't now crazy how line the grew to be, but as I said in another thread, there were at least 15 people already in line when I left the park last night around 11:30.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

dreaming Profile Photo
dreaming
#113Into The Woods - TIX / LOTTO / LINE
Posted: 7/28/12 at 7:00pm

somethingwicked-sounds about right. I live nearby and walked out of the train station around 11 and there were 6-7 people there.

I'd like to try tonight but I'm wondering if the show will be canceled tomorrow.

i_love_megan
#114Into The Woods - TIX / LOTTO / LINE
Posted: 7/28/12 at 8:52pm

So is it safe to say one could get standby tickets if you got in line between 4-5 p.m.? Are there always some tickets available for the standby line?

frogs_fan85 Profile Photo
frogs_fan85
#115Into The Woods - TIX / LOTTO / LINE
Posted: 7/28/12 at 9:43pm

I got in the standby line around 6 tonight and got a ticket easily.

tking001
#116Into The Woods - TIX / LOTTO / LINE
Posted: 7/28/12 at 10:35pm

How many tickets can each person get on the standby line
2 like the regular park line? or just one

keb2 Profile Photo
keb2
#117Into The Woods - TIX / LOTTO / LINE
Posted: 7/28/12 at 11:32pm

One per person on the standby line, but people can join you (at the ire of those behind you) until 6pm.

It really depends on the night and the weather that night, I think. On Wednesday, I joined the standby line right after I didn't get my ticket at the early afternoon distribution, and I ended up being 19th in line after those who received front-of-the-line vouchers earlier that day, and I was one of the last people to get tickets to that night's show—but it was a beautiful night, so I think very few people left their tickets unclaimed. My guess is that when the weather is more ominous/unpleasant, it's easier to get a standby ticket, but when it's a beautiful evening, it's much more difficult.

Also, word to the wise about the standby line: there's a distinct chance you won't get your ticket and be allowed to enter the theater until after the prologue/opening song finishes, so just be aware of that... and know what happens in the beginning of the show if you haven't seen it before.

Cape Twirl of Doom Profile Photo
Cape Twirl of Doom
#118Into The Woods - TIX / LOTTO / LINE
Posted: 7/29/12 at 12:54am

Got to the standby line at 5 tonight, and no one was there because of the rain. The line guy took my name and said I could go get shelter from the rain and come back at 6:30pm, when I was told to line up right after the voucher people but before the regular standby line which had started lining up at 6. Got a ticket easily at 7:30pm. The weather was funny tonight; it rained from about 7:55-8:05, and then again from about 5 minutes before the end of Act One and all through intermission, and then right as Act Two started the rain stopped!

"It's Phantom meets Hamlet... Phamlet!"

BroadwayChica Profile Photo
BroadwayChica
#119Into The Woods - TIX / LOTTO / LINE
Posted: 7/29/12 at 11:03am

A friend is planning on standing in line tomorrow. Would 6 AM be early enough to secure tickets? I know there's no definite guarantee, but considering it's Monday and rain is expected, we're optimistic.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#120Into The Woods - TIX / LOTTO / LINE
Posted: 7/29/12 at 12:31pm

The standby line was rather easy last night. My dad was #102, and he got in before the start of the show. A lot of people must have stayed away because of the weather.

broadwayboy101
#121Into The Woods - TIX / LOTTO / LINE
Posted: 7/30/12 at 1:09pm

Last night, I got in the standby line around 6:10 and got in before the opening - was in my seat by 7:55. I honestly wasn't expecting to get in at all, the line was quite long!

#1Elphie Profile Photo
#1Elphie
#122Into The Woods - TIX / LOTTO / LINE
Posted: 7/30/12 at 3:21pm

BwayFanatic, thanks for suggesting the borough distribution. I got tickets at the Brooklyn distribution today; I got there at 9:20am, was about 72nd in line, and had no problem getting vouchers. There were lots of people there by 1; I don't know how many people got tickets. Anyway, it was a much better option than camping out for tickets in the park!

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#123Into The Woods - TIX / LOTTO / LINE
Posted: 7/30/12 at 3:30pm

I got a ticket from the Brooklyn distribution today as well. Got online around 9:40 and got two vouchers. Now as long as the weather holds up, this should be a great night! :)

Baiseur82 Profile Photo
Baiseur82
#124Into The Woods - TIX / LOTTO / LINE
Posted: 7/30/12 at 9:29pm

I'll be going on August 7th I do plan on getting there between 3-4 am I will be there by myself since my friend had to cancel on me and I'm not willing to miss this show! My question is if I have to run to the bathroom will my spot in line be saved or are they strict about that? I was also wondering ifs at attire would be considered appropriate for the performance? Would shorts be ok since it is an outside performance?

"I'd rater be nine peoples favorite thing, than a hundred peoples ninth favorite thing"