pixeltracker

The Nance To Be Recorded For Live From Lincoln Center- Page 2

The Nance To Be Recorded For Live From Lincoln Center

EricMontreal22 Profile Photo
EricMontreal22
#25The Nance To Be Recorded For Live From Lincoln Center
Posted: 8/9/13 at 7:42pm

"The nudity in South Pacific did make it into the broadcast, and I believe there is a copy of Passion floating around with the nudity in. I haven't seen it, but I've seen it on trader's lists. "

Now I'm all the more upset about missing the chance to record South Pacific. (Feel free anyone if you know of a site to find a download of it...)

Thanks for the correction JC and everyone about Passion. I remember a piece in The Sondheim Review when it was about to be filmed where Lapine talked about plans to film two versions of the opening, but it seems he changed his mind at the last minute.

Liza's Headband--that's the regular "non-nudity" version filmed without an audience (random comment, but I usually prefer live shows are filmed with an audience--I hate pieces like Oklahoma! where they use a soundstage but they impose audience reaction shots--but it probably was smart to film Passion without one.) I suppose you do get to see a bit of side breast, but...

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#26The Nance To Be Recorded For Live From Lincoln Center
Posted: 8/9/13 at 11:25pm

I am stunned by that clip of "Steambath." I had never heard of it. Wow.
Steambath

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#27The Nance To Be Recorded For Live From Lincoln Center
Posted: 8/9/13 at 11:36pm

^Would Passion with or without an audience really make a difference? If it's done right there's really no opportunity for applause until the very end. Would you really be able to tell the difference in energy on film?

Gothampc
#28The Nance To Be Recorded For Live From Lincoln Center
Posted: 8/9/13 at 11:49pm

If it's being taped, then it's not "Live" from Lincoln Center.

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

CockeyedOptimist2 Profile Photo
CockeyedOptimist2
#29The Nance To Be Recorded For Live From Lincoln Center
Posted: 8/10/13 at 12:18am

"Now I'm all the more upset about missing the chance to record South Pacific. (Feel free anyone if you know of a site to find a download of it...) "

And I'm upset that my DVD of the broadcast got lost in my last move. I'm constantly wanting to rewatch it and am always disappointed to find it nowhere in my apartment!

PlayItAgain
#30The Nance To Be Recorded For Live From Lincoln Center
Posted: 8/10/13 at 1:23am

I wonder why The Nance and not War Horse or Golden Boy or Other Desert Cities or Vanya & Sonya & Masha & Spike?

aasjb4ever Profile Photo
aasjb4ever
#31The Nance To Be Recorded For Live From Lincoln Center
Posted: 8/10/13 at 1:26am

Has anybody gotten an email from theblacklistnyc either confirming or denying tickets yet?

ClydeBarrow Profile Photo
ClydeBarrow
#32The Nance To Be Recorded For Live From Lincoln Center
Posted: 8/10/13 at 1:40am

I haven't gotten any email and it says they're notify you by Tuesday at noon at the latest but the first performance is at 2pm on Tuesday...

"Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it." -Talulah

aasjb4ever Profile Photo
aasjb4ever
#33The Nance To Be Recorded For Live From Lincoln Center
Posted: 8/10/13 at 2:28am

Was it 2 or 3 pm on Tuesday?

My friends (non-theatregoers) and I will be in the city that day so I'm hoping we can get in, but also know if we'll even have the tickets...

Luv2goToShows
#34The Nance To Be Recorded For Live From Lincoln Center
Posted: 8/10/13 at 10:24am

aasjb4ever, Tuesday's show is 3pm

They are still taking names for the Tuesday and Wed (2pm) show, I'll take that as a positive sign of getting tickets. Although they did emphasize if tickets are available in the confirmation email. It also stated they will contact you via email with a detailed confirmation in a few days, latest by noon, Tuesday. I would think if you put in for the Tuesday show you will be notified sooner.

aasjb4ever Profile Photo
aasjb4ever
#35The Nance To Be Recorded For Live From Lincoln Center
Posted: 8/10/13 at 10:36am

I hope I'd know at least a day or two in advance...thanks for your help!

heytravistravis
#36The Nance To Be Recorded For Live From Lincoln Center
Posted: 8/10/13 at 12:18pm

I am so pleased that this is going to be recorded, that beautiful set and Nathan's performance need to be documented.

PlayItAgain, those other productions have a way to get to audiences past the specific runs this year e.g. movie adaptions, regional productions
And this production probably doesn't, plus it's Nathan Lane.

Signed up for tickets and my fingers are crossed.

Born to speak all mirth and no matter

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#37The Nance To Be Recorded For Live From Lincoln Center
Posted: 8/11/13 at 8:18am

I'm surprised that Lincoln Center Theater didn't make this offer available to members. Or even just sent around an e-mail! The only way I heard about it was from Broadway World. Odd.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#38The Nance To Be Recorded For Live From Lincoln Center
Posted: 8/11/13 at 8:21am

They probably want an audience who will react to the show in ways other than screaming "WHAT DID HE SAY?!" and unwrapping hard candies for 2 hours that they'll have to try to edit out in post production along with the non stop stream of coughing and hacking up the hard candies they had tried so hard to open up the entire first act of the show.

That's probably why they're offering the tickets on the new interweb thingee that the younger kids use.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#39The Nance To Be Recorded For Live From Lincoln Center
Posted: 8/11/13 at 8:18pm

The Tuesday taping is at 3:00pm. I am waiting to see if I got a ticket.

Just give the world Love.

howardbf Profile Photo
howardbf
#40The Nance To Be Recorded For Live From Lincoln Center
Posted: 8/11/13 at 8:21pm

"That's probably why they're offering the tickets on the new interweb thingee that the younger kids use."

Yes, younger kids who text and don't shut off their phones so they actually ring during the performance.

Nobody's perfect.

Jordan Catalano
#41The Nance To Be Recorded For Live From Lincoln Center
Posted: 8/11/13 at 8:24pm

Pretty much the only time I ever see phones out and hear them ringing in the theater is with older theatre goers.

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#42The Nance To Be Recorded For Live From Lincoln Center
Posted: 8/11/13 at 8:28pm

Same. If I have to sit through another show or a movie with an elderly woman digging through her purse, trying to find her phone, not being able to see, and unable to figure out how to turn her phone off...

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

HBP Profile Photo
HBP
#43The Nance To Be Recorded For Live From Lincoln Center
Posted: 8/11/13 at 8:58pm

Has anyone heard back about tickets yet?

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#44The Nance To Be Recorded For Live From Lincoln Center
Posted: 8/11/13 at 9:01pm

I went to a matinee of THE NANCE, and there were THREE cell phone rings around me in the mezzanine all from old(er) ladies. I think young LCT patrons are more phone/candy/whatnot-concious than the blue-haired crowd.

Also...SPOILERS!!!...the older crowd at the matinee didn't seem to get that the "Hortense" monologue wasn't a standard comedy routine.

Courtney2
#45The Nance To Be Recorded For Live From Lincoln Center
Posted: 8/11/13 at 9:33pm

Hoping I can get a ticket. Do they have different playbills for these?

ILuv2shop531
#46The Nance To Be Recorded For Live From Lincoln Center
Posted: 8/12/13 at 2:01am

Regarding ticket, my guess is we will start to find out tomorrow when normal business hours resume in offices. They probably let e-mails accumulate over the weekend and will begin to fill requests tomorrow.

Jordan Catalano
#47The Nance To Be Recorded For Live From Lincoln Center
Posted: 8/12/13 at 5:26am

I just got an email confirming my tix. I'm very excited for this!

dreaming Profile Photo
dreaming
#48The Nance To Be Recorded For Live From Lincoln Center
Posted: 8/12/13 at 7:12am

Which performance(s) did you guys hear about? (I was wondering because it would make sense if it was tomorrow's. I tried for Wed. night so I'm wondering if they might not have gotten there yet.)

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#49The Nance To Be Recorded For Live From Lincoln Center
Posted: 8/12/13 at 7:22am

Just got an email confirmation. Cool!