pixeltracker

If you could pick one 2015 Tony nominee, who/what would you choose?- Page 2

If you could pick one 2015 Tony nominee, who/what would you choose?

mamaleh
#25 If you could pick one 2015 Tony nominee, who/what would you choose?
Posted: 4/24/15 at 2:20pm

Because THE RIVER didn't received many raves, I know there's virtually no chance of Hugh Jackman's receiving a Tony nom, but I think he deserves one for his multi-layered portrayal of a truly enigmatic, troubled man.  And all without the award-baiting aid of twisting his body while wearing undies or coping with a Terrible Affliction.  

Musical Master Profile Photo
Musical Master
#26 If you could pick one 2015 Tony nominee, who/what would you choose?
Posted: 4/24/15 at 2:30pm

It's good to know that Gattelli's work on THE KING AND I won't be ignored. From what PalJoey has said, his Robbin's tribute work was just as good as Joshua Bergasse's work on ON THE TOWN.

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#27 If you could pick one 2015 Tony nominee, who/what would you choose?
Posted: 4/24/15 at 2:45pm

Judy Kuhn in Fun Home. It's likely that she'll get it, but my fear is that there may just be so much competition in that category from within her own show that she somehow gets left out, and I think she's just doing extraordinary work in Fun Home. Honestly, I'd love to see Kuhn, Lucas, and Skeggs all get in with a Lead Actress nod for Malone."

I agree with this so much. I want Judy Kuhn to win. I felt like she did such great work in musicals in the late 80's/90's and then disappeared for 15 years (I'm pretty sure she did so to raise a child and have a family) and I'm so glad she's back on Broadway after so long. She's long been one of my absolute favorites, her voice is just to die for.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

gstrus2 Profile Photo
gstrus2
#28 If you could pick one 2015 Tony nominee, who/what would you choose?
Posted: 4/24/15 at 2:50pm

Wish they made a "Best Male Replacement in a Broadway Musical" category just for one year so John Cameron Mitchell could win

Sushisake Profile Photo
Sushisake
#29 If you could pick one 2015 Tony nominee, who/what would you choose?
Posted: 4/24/15 at 3:20pm

Nancy Opel nominated for Best Featured Actress in a musical for Honeymoon in Vegas

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#30 If you could pick one 2015 Tony nominee, who/what would you choose?
Posted: 4/24/15 at 3:22pm

Nathaniel Parker in Wolf Hall

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

JayG  2 Profile Photo
JayG 2
#31 If you could pick one 2015 Tony nominee, who/what would you choose?
Posted: 4/24/15 at 3:42pm

THE LAST SHIP: Best Musical nominee (and clear winner in  IMHO).

neonlightsxo
#32 If you could pick one 2015 Tony nominee, who/what would you choose?
Posted: 4/24/15 at 3:46pm

Pleasantly surprised to see all the Ship love in this thread. If only, JayG. If only.

Phillypinto Profile Photo
Phillypinto
#33 If you could pick one 2015 Tony nominee, who/what would you choose?
Posted: 4/24/15 at 3:53pm

You liked it that much? Even more than Fun Home or Something Rotten?

Use my fabulous TodayTix code: JEYCY

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#34 If you could pick one 2015 Tony nominee, who/what would you choose?
Posted: 4/24/15 at 4:06pm

Can we say people we DON'T want to see nominated? Kidding. 

HeyMrMusic mentioned the orchestrations of FUN HOME by John Clancy. I wholeheartedly agree. He's a name I hadn't know before, and his work knocked me out. Small, but mighty stuff. If Tesori and Kron win Best Score, he might just win Best Orchestrations, too, since the Tony voters seem to think that if you have the Best Score, you must have Best Orchestrations-- or vice versa. Of course, that isn't really true at all. 

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#35 If you could pick one 2015 Tony nominee, who/what would you choose?
Posted: 4/24/15 at 4:09pm

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "
Updated On: 4/24/15 at 04:09 PM

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#36 If you could pick one 2015 Tony nominee, who/what would you choose?
Posted: 4/24/15 at 4:28pm

Sydney Lucas.  And I want her to win.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

josiahsjosiah Profile Photo
josiahsjosiah
#37 If you could pick one 2015 Tony nominee, who/what would you choose?
Posted: 4/24/15 at 4:38pm

Steven Boyer for Best Actor In a Leading Role in a Play. His performance  (as two characters!) is just unforgettable and his puppet artistry is phenomenal. For me, this was the not-to-be-missed performance of the season on Broadway.

“It is suicide to be abroad. But what it is to be at home, ... what it is to be at home? A lingering dissolution.” - Samuel Beckett, ALL THAT FALL

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#38 If you could pick one 2015 Tony nominee, who/what would you choose?
Posted: 4/24/15 at 5:15pm

I can see An American in Paris winning orchestrations since it's the biggest eligible orchestration. (Not saying it should be the winner, but voters sometimes like that.)

I know Cyndi Lauper is the first woman to win Best Score as a composer/lyricist. Would Tesori/Kron be the first female writing team to win? If so, that would be exciting.

DrowsyKaye
#39 If you could pick one 2015 Tony nominee, who/what would you choose?
Posted: 4/24/15 at 6:17pm

Last Ship for Score would be lovely.

If Fun Home won Best Musical, it would be the first musical written solely by women to win Best Musical. Wouldn't that be something.

yankeefan7 Profile Photo
yankeefan7
#40 If you could pick one 2015 Tony nominee, who/what would you choose?
Posted: 4/24/15 at 6:36pm

I would pick "Last Ship" for Best Musical. I really liked the music and was impressed how invested Sting was in this show. 

GlindatheGood22  Profile Photo
GlindatheGood22
#41 If you could pick one 2015 Tony nominee, who/what would you choose?
Posted: 4/24/15 at 9:26pm

I want so badly for Sydney Lucas to nominated and win, but in recent years the Tonys have just blown everything I wanted to happen out of the water - only two nominations for Cabaret, Alan Cumming's Macbeth getting completely shut out, etc. So I'm scared to hope.

I know you. I know you. I know you.

acekatherineplumber2 Profile Photo
acekatherineplumber2
#42 If you could pick one 2015 Tony nominee, who/what would you choose?
Posted: 4/24/15 at 11:10pm

I'd love for Gigi to get a best revival nomination, though it's looking increasingly unlikely.

defyingravity11 Profile Photo
defyingravity11
#43 If you could pick one 2015 Tony nominee, who/what would you choose?
Posted: 4/24/15 at 11:26pm

I'm going to third Sydney Lucas! She's giving an outstanding performance for an actress of any age and deserves all the accolades thrown her way.

"In theater, the process of it is the experience. Everyone goes through the process, and everyone has the experience together. It doesn't last - only in people's memories and in their hearts. That's the beauty and sadness of it. But that's life - beauty and the sadness. And that is why theater is life." - Sherie Rene Scott

undercoveractor Profile Photo
undercoveractor
Julie Yard
#45 If you could pick one 2015 Tony nominee, who/what would you choose?
Posted: 4/25/15 at 8:31am

More love for The Last Ship here.. best score, musical, etc.

And Steven Boyer.. that guy and his hand made me believe in demons again.

Dolittle

Wayman_Wong
#46 If you could pick one 2015 Tony nominee, who/what would you choose?
Posted: 4/25/15 at 4:09pm

Great to see all this love for 'The Last Ship.' But it's a shame there wasn't more of it while the show was RUNNING. If it had opened this spring, I bet it would've been more favorably received, especially in the wake of the most recent Broadway offerings.

I loved 'The Last Ship' and 'Finding Neverland,' so if either (or both, which would be a shocker) got nominated for Best Musical, wow!

Updated On: 4/25/15 at 04:09 PM

porthos Profile Photo
porthos
#47 If you could pick one 2015 Tony nominee, who/what would you choose?
Posted: 4/25/15 at 4:14pm

Laura Michelle Kelly for Best Leading Actress. She 100% deserves this.

Glittergrrl Profile Photo
Glittergrrl
#48 If you could pick one 2015 Tony nominee, who/what would you choose?
Posted: 4/25/15 at 5:45pm

I've lost count... I'll 4th(?) Sydney Lucas.  I'll add everyone else from Fun Home too.

ChairinMain Profile Photo
ChairinMain
#49 If you could pick one 2015 Tony nominee, who/what would you choose?
Posted: 4/26/15 at 1:59am

Since I don't think it's likely to happen, I'd love to see either Enid Graham or Ian Barford sneak onto the ballot for CURIOUS INCIDENT. They are both doing gangbuster work in incredibly tricky roles, but I don't think either role is showy enough to warrant buzz, especially when standing next to their onstage son.